A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The snowflakes are messing up my compuer - and keeping me from posting

Posted: Dec 08, 2012

The snowflake situation seems to have gotten worse.  There are more of them and I just lost the third or fourth post because of them.  The cursor flies around to random parts of the page when one passes by and there is constant flashing.  The "flakes" look more like real fast snails trailing down the screen than snow.  There is literally a snail trail of distortion behind them.

I don't think the snow works with all computers.  

maybe it is just your computer... - not trying to be snarky or anything

[ In Reply To ..]
because on my computer, they seem to have slowed down since all the complaints started and it seems that once they all reach the bottom, they sort of stop, not entirely, but there just are not that many of them. perhaps your monitor or settings for your desktop or something are messed up, because they do not do that to mine...but of course, my 'puter is only 6 months old, too. maybe that has something to do with it...or your browser settings, too. I use IE8 instead of 9, or some other browser I would not trust. Besides, if you start another complaint about the snowflakes, you are going to be deluged with others jumping on you for saying so. sometimes just best to keep things to yourself, or complain right to the moderator to see what can be done. Just trying to help is all. Nothing rude intended.

A PC question - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
Why would you trust IE8 but not IE9? Each version is an improvement. I don't think IE8 runs on Windows 7. PS, I like the snoflakes but I have a problem telling where my cursor is because it's white on white.

A PC answer - to your question

[ In Reply To ..]
It was not that I did not trust IE9, I just personally do not like it. I don't like the way it is set up and trying to locate things took too much time. It was the other browsers, Firefox, Chrome, etc that I do not trust.

and yes, IE8 works just fine on Windows 7, as that is what I have. I also know that IE10 will be coming out soon (still in beta, I believe) and may try that at that time. We will see. :-)

you can also change the settings of your cursor so that you may be able to see it better what with the snow flakes and all. Entirely subjective though, as the snow flakes will not be forever. I was thinking of suggesting they make them green and red, for Christmas colors, but I am sure that would cause a whole nuther set of uprising on this board. ha ha.

I think its something in your computer, too. I have an older - yrs-old laptop on router and

[ In Reply To ..]
do not have a problem with the snowflakes at all, and never in years past. IE8 utilized now, IE7, IE6 previously.

Similar Messages:

I Think QA Is Messing With Me
Jul 13, 2011

I"ve been audited, failed and have been on 100% QA for about a week now.  It is horribly disheartening.  I have been trying and trying and trying to redeem myself.  I have been an MT for over 25 years and every day I feel like my years of experience and expertise are meaningless, like everything that I have ever done is garbage, like I don't know a darn thing... Well, I have been "stashing" reports on a daily basis, (without any critical info) for reference, especially the o ...

ASR Messing Up Bad
Jul 30, 2011

Anyone else seeing more errors on ASR these past few days?   ...

Bad Enough ASR Is Messing Up But
Dec 18, 2013

Seems like the doctors have become raging morons also. Consistent wrong work types like I have never heard before, don't dictate the date doc and I won't add the ADT, not to mention the run on dictations and sentences, and re-dictating things. Double physical exams for instance is a biggie with one of mine and ya know what, I am now leaving it, if I have to edit it twice by God I am getting paid for it twice. ...

When Are They Going To Stop Messing With
Feb 10, 2010

MQ has made big changes to my primary account.  Now things are all messed up and because of it, we have to re-enter redundant information in the ADT screen.  For example, it says ADT Attending and ADT Admitting with the doc's names.  Those aren't carrying over to the report now, for some reason, so we have to re-enter those docs names in the additional ADT field under attending and admitting.  Also, all of the reference repository stuff is gone.  It now says th ...

Now ASR Is Messing Up Levothyroxine Constantly
Mar 26, 2012

Levothyroxine:  stable to rock sign Gabapentin never correct Ativan:  At a van. what the heck? ...

So Now ASR Is Messing Up The Vital Signs
Dec 29, 2013

Not putting in the temperature at all, no matter how clear it is dictated. Messing up the sequence of the rest and the measurements..this is beyond annoying ...

Word Expander Program Messing Up.
Feb 10, 2011

I have Sylvan Software's Shortcut program, which I have had for 4 years now.  Lately, it has been screwing up on me.  When I do something like add a letter in editing, such as an a, it will put in an expansion as if I typed a two-letter abbreviation, like ua for urinalysis, or aa for aortic aneurysm.  Also, if I add a comma, it will throw in an expansion randomly, at least it seems random. Could it be that the program is old?  Can they get old?  This is a fairly ne ...

Thanks For The Snowflakes!
Dec 02, 2012

x ...

The Snowflakes Would Be So Much More Fun If You
Dec 21, 2012

Or eat each other like Pac-Man. ...

Cutesy Little Snowflakes
Dec 19, 2011

MT Stars admin, the cutesy little snowflakes are really adorable on the page, but gotta say it slows down every other open page on my computer, and while trying to work but have this page open to perhaps check on words or other posts, I just can't because the snowflakes slow everything down. I really like the snowflakes, they are too cool for school, but maybe others are having this problem too? ...

I Don't Like These Snowflakes, They Remind Me Of
Dec 03, 2012

the scintillations I get with a migraine. ...

Can We Please Be Done With The Annoying Snowflakes?
Dec 05, 2012

x ...

Hey, Did Anyone Notice These Snowflakes?
Dec 06, 2012

I couldn't help myself! ...

I Have A Concern Regarding The Snowflakes.
Dec 06, 2012

They seem to be on every board and they just keep coming down and it reminds me of winter.  I don't really like winter.  I'm more of a summer person.  Also, is there any way to change this site from blue to yellow?  I prefer yellow.  TIA!  ...

Goodbye Snowflakes
Jan 01, 2013

See you again in 11 months!  ...

Okay, You Can Turn Off The Snowflakes Now.
Jan 01, 2015

...it's time for them to go away now! ...

If We Have Tech Problems With The Snowflakes, Is There Any Way To
Dec 22, 2009

nm ...

Yeah... The Snowflakes Are Back
Dec 19, 2011

Thanks Moderator! ...

I Love The New Board Trim And The Snowflakes. Sm
Dec 19, 2011

It makes me smile! ...

I'm Outta Here, And I Won't Be Back After The Snowflakes Leave.
Dec 06, 2012

I think the straw that broke this camel's back was when someone suggested those of us with legitimate medical issues regarding the snowflakes leave until January. I believe the specific quotation was something like "See ya!" Well, no you won't. I had hoped to be able to contribute to the community and to develop some friendships on this board when I joined up, but I am taking the hint that I am unwelcome. Despite the low pay, I love what I do. Because I love what I do a ...

I Love The Snowflakes!!!! Thanks For The Christmas Spirit/feel! Nm
Dec 21, 2009

nm ...

Did You Guys Notice The Snowflakes On The MTStars Page?
Dec 16, 2014

Maybe that's fallout from the attempted snow job we all just got on the teleconference call!  I'm so proud of all you outspoken, assertive women!  Left 'em speechless!  Good job! ...