A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I love the snowflakes!!!! Thanks for the Christmas spirit/feel! nm - not a scrooge here

Posted: Dec 21, 2009

nm

This scrooge likes the flakes, but they are screwing up my computer. - The criticism is unfair. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

And I thought it was just me... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

Probably your specs are low - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I am on 2.0 GHZ Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM and XP and it's working absolutely fine for me.
Snowflakes - MT who knows
[ In Reply To ..]
Snowflakes are nice -- not a problem. I think that you are right. I am not a transcriber right now but I am using an iMac OS X Leopard Intel dual-core processor with mega RAM etc. everything very new and I do not have a problem. It is kind of neat actually. Kudos to the creater.

Me Too - Oswald

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes i also felt the same and thought there was a problem with the chrome.

The holiday pictures on each page are pretty too - Hermey the Elf

[ In Reply To ..]
Like a greeting card for each board ~

No scrooge here, but the snowflakes need to go! - pretty please?

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, the snowflakes are very pretty, but they are really screwing up the responsiveness of this site. Typing messages is all herky-jerky and the pages are loading very VERY slowly.

I don't think I'll be back until after the first of the year when hopefully the snowflakes will be gone by then.

If you're using Firefox, you can block them with Adblock Plus. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
With that extension you can block snow.js, which prevents the snow (which is cute/pretty/nice/whatever, but really slows things down).

With what extension? I have Firefox and AdBlock Plus but still can't block out the snowflakes - MT4ever

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Ooh - never mind - I got it! - MT4ever
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I'm using AdBlock Plus, but they're still here. Please - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
share what you're doing to make them go away!
Here's how I did it... - MT4ever
[ In Reply To ..]
In Ad Block Plus click on preferences, then at the bottom click on Add Filter, then type in snow.js and close it out. The snowflakes should disappear.
Thank you! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
You're welcome! - nm - MT4ever
[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

In The Spirit Of Christmas
Dec 16, 2010

In the spirit of Christmas, I just want to post something positive here. I have had an up and down rollercoaster year with the Q (as usual), but still in spite of it all (worry, frustration, financial woes over pay cuts, and even tears at times), I truly feel grateful that I am employed and have a job in these terrible times when so many are without.  It is far from a perfect job, but it is a job nonetheless.  I hope that everyone has an even better year in 2011 & a ...

I Love The New Board Trim And The Snowflakes. Sm
Dec 19, 2011

It makes me smile! ...

LOVE THE SNOW FLAKES.... MERRY CHRISTMAS
Dec 15, 2010

Christmas Time - My Reality Check -- Love What I Do Then MT Reality Sinks In
Dec 22, 2013

REALITY CHECK ... makes me wanna testify this Holiday Season, let me share. I am now working as an MT/ME at a major MTSO corporation - and then reality slaps me in the face, on a daily basis as I merrily type my little fingers away, almost to the point of feeling aches and pain penetrating into my metacarpal phalanges. Now do not get me wrong, I love what I do and enjoy my work... and I am very good at what I do (top Tier ME/MT and QA, at the top of the pay scale, and always maintain 98% p ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS And HAPPY NEW YEAR To All !!!! And To Those Who Do Not Celebrate Christmas
Dec 23, 2014

BEST WISHES for the holidays ...

Agree In Spirit
Apr 23, 2012

I agree in spirit with the May 1st protest, but realistically I cannot spare the day off unpaid.  Also, I work for the Wal-Mart of transcription otherwise known as Nuance.  Resistance is futile.  I honestly believe 80% of all US transcription is going to end up going through Nuance.  They should just let the government take them over....then we could all get a big pay raise when we become government employees.  LOL The reason I agree with the protest is this: 180 LPH ...

Nothing Like ASR And The Crummy Pay To Kill The Spirit And Motivation.
Jan 28, 2010

I feel like quitting! ...

I Just Watched The Old Christmas Special "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas"
Jan 05, 2015

NTS (Nuance) who stole Christmas.....My version......We all know the tune, replace The Grinch with NTS (fits better sound-wise)...NTS = Nuance... You're a mean one, NTS.... You really are a heel You're a Monster, NTS.... You're heart's an empty hole You're brain is full of spiders, You've got garlic in your soul, NTS......(drag it out here!) I wouldn't touch you with a......39-1/2-foot pole !!!!! You're a foul one, NTS... You're a nasty wasty ...

Thanks For The Snowflakes!
Dec 02, 2012

x ...

The Snowflakes Would Be So Much More Fun If You
Dec 21, 2012

Or eat each other like Pac-Man. ...

Cutesy Little Snowflakes
Dec 19, 2011

MT Stars admin, the cutesy little snowflakes are really adorable on the page, but gotta say it slows down every other open page on my computer, and while trying to work but have this page open to perhaps check on words or other posts, I just can't because the snowflakes slow everything down. I really like the snowflakes, they are too cool for school, but maybe others are having this problem too? ...

I Don't Like These Snowflakes, They Remind Me Of
Dec 03, 2012

the scintillations I get with a migraine. ...

Can We Please Be Done With The Annoying Snowflakes?
Dec 05, 2012

x ...

Hey, Did Anyone Notice These Snowflakes?
Dec 06, 2012

I couldn't help myself! ...

I Have A Concern Regarding The Snowflakes.
Dec 06, 2012

They seem to be on every board and they just keep coming down and it reminds me of winter.  I don't really like winter.  I'm more of a summer person.  Also, is there any way to change this site from blue to yellow?  I prefer yellow.  TIA!  ...

Goodbye Snowflakes
Jan 01, 2013

See you again in 11 months!  ...

Okay, You Can Turn Off The Snowflakes Now.
Jan 01, 2015

...it's time for them to go away now! ...

If We Have Tech Problems With The Snowflakes, Is There Any Way To
Dec 22, 2009

nm ...

Yeah... The Snowflakes Are Back
Dec 19, 2011

Thanks Moderator! ...

The Snowflakes Are Messing Up My Compuer
Dec 08, 2012

The snowflake situation seems to have gotten worse.  There are more of them and I just lost the third or fourth post because of them.  The cursor flies around to random parts of the page when one passes by and there is constant flashing.  The "flakes" look more like real fast snails trailing down the screen than snow.  There is literally a snail trail of distortion behind them. I don't think the snow works with all computers.   ...

I'm Outta Here, And I Won't Be Back After The Snowflakes Leave.
Dec 06, 2012

I think the straw that broke this camel's back was when someone suggested those of us with legitimate medical issues regarding the snowflakes leave until January. I believe the specific quotation was something like "See ya!" Well, no you won't. I had hoped to be able to contribute to the community and to develop some friendships on this board when I joined up, but I am taking the hint that I am unwelcome. Despite the low pay, I love what I do. Because I love what I do a ...

Did You Guys Notice The Snowflakes On The MTStars Page?
Dec 16, 2014

Maybe that's fallout from the attempted snow job we all just got on the teleconference call!  I'm so proud of all you outspoken, assertive women!  Left 'em speechless!  Good job! ...

LOVE, LOVE Mmodal
Nov 01, 2012

Have to say, I love Mmodal.  My CCM is caring and considerate and kind.  Also, love the pay and hardly ever running out of work but when we do, that is a nice break for me.  I just put the pedal to the metal and don't take anything posted here to heart cuz, lots of angry people just wanting to take you down.  Pass on the love!!! ...

ARRRGGGGGHH! I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators.
Jun 19, 2010

A new ESL dictating a DS. Can't speed him up because he's too "new" (to this country?). He is spelling every other word!!!!!! AND then spells it again - extubated, e-x-t-u-b-a-t-e-d, extubated e for elephant, x for crosses, t for tom, u for umbrella, b for .......... get the picture (sigh)? On top of that, the report is 28 minutes long!!! Should never have gotten out of bed this morning. LOL I do feel bad for him that he doesn't realize he doesn't have to spell every other ...

My Christmas Wish
Dec 16, 2009

I am actively looking for another job and my Christmas wish is the day I get to say                 MQ take this sorry excuse for a job and shove it                                    I QUIT ...

Christmas
Dec 21, 2009

All of these people on here complaining about whether or not they are getting a Christmas bonus need to get a grip!  I would be extremely happy if the company I work for (or did at least until Friday when I quit) would just send my freaking paycheck!  Sorry, you guys, this has really put a damper on my Christmas spirit because I have done the job, worked my fingers to the bone and now can't get paid for it. ...

Did Anyone Ask For Christmas Off Yet?
Nov 29, 2013

I was just wondering if anyone requested Christmas off yet? I tried to request it the other day and it wouldn't let me??? It kind of has me worried. ...

All I Want For Christmas . . .
Dec 18, 2014

Please let me go back to accounts I am familiar  with.  I can't get any lines with this junk.  Or, maybe that is the reasoning. ...

Did QC Get Off For Christmas?
Dec 29, 2014

I noticed that none of the jobs I submitted to last week are in FIESA yet.  Did QC get off last week?  I thought they followed the same OOW procedures the MLS do (if there's work and you are scheduled, you work, if there isn't any work, you flex or don't work). ...

Merry Christmas Everyone!! :)
Dec 21, 2009

have a great one!! Abby ...