A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Did you guys notice the snowflakes on the MTStars page? - Hmmmmm

Posted: Dec 16, 2014

Maybe that's fallout from the attempted snow job we all just got on the teleconference call!  I'm so proud of all you outspoken, assertive women!  Left 'em speechless!  Good job!

Amen to that! - anon-nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Was this for the people getting snowed by the 88%? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I knew nothing about a teleconference, but I'm not on your platform. I hope y'all are going to get that 12% back.

Yes--and thanks for the kind words! - Oh well

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Details??!!?? - We love assertive women!

[ In Reply To ..]
Go you!!

Yes--it's the 88% people - Screw Job victims

[ In Reply To ..]
The leader of the call attempted to hold a typical 'we listen to you relate the corporate spiel' approach about the new compensation plan but one after the other, the MTs listening started venting about anything and everything. The back-and-forth conversation became heated (justifiably so, if you ask me) and the leader could hardly get a word in edgewise! It was not pretty. The complaints about the grid method (A JOKE), the steadily-decreasing pay, not being paid for 100% of our actual lines, the fact that the head of the company gets a big fat bonus while we get minimum wage, being penalized for 1 or 2 mistakes by lowering the entire week's pay, etc., were all touched upon. The venting was long overdue though, and I enjoyed every minute of it! I felt like Sally Field was on the table holding up her sign in that movie! (you young girls will have to look that reference up! ;-) The meeting ended up in the air because it ran long. So that's the short version. To the other MTs on the call: Feel free to add your take on it since we all have to stick together now. The more information the better!

Sounds about right. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The person heading the call refused to say that we were getting paid for only 88% of our work instead of 100%. It was infuriating! She kept saying "you are getting paid for 100% at a factor of 0.88." She really thought we were that stupid. No, that's not it. It's legal for them to do that and she probably has to repeatedly say it that way lest someone become able to legitimately fight them on the 100%. I don't know. But she just kept beating that drum and the masses weren't buying in. It was ugly but satisfying.
"100% at a factor of 0.88?" After that she - should have heard nothing but - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
dead empty space and crickets, followed by just a dial tone.

(Meaning everyone just hung up and called it quits with no notice.)
How dumb do they think you are? - NoUsername
[ In Reply To ..]
100% at a factor of 0.88? Really? What an insult to the intelligence of everyone on that call.
Not just that call - Ambulatory is at 0.95 - sm message
[ In Reply To ..]
The call I was on when they rolled it out some of the MLS were very vocal about it as well and got the same "we are leveling the playing field across all platforms." 12% is a lot worse than 5%, and 5% is pretty horrid.

This is our equivalent to the 50% rate on VR lines I think - THAT is what they are equalizing.

I am beginning to think this really is a plan to get rid of US MLS. They truly have to be smart enough to know we would figure it out!

40% - fon

[ In Reply To ..]
She seemed very keen on repeating that 40% of us will do better with the new plan... but she never mentioned what happens to the other 60% which is the MAJORITY.

Left them speechless - ss

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah!!!! Let them be the ones with their mouths hanging open in awe. So glad you all did this. Share if you will.

the snowflakes are here every year, but please share - what was said...

[ In Reply To ..]
We all would like to know! This affects MTs everywhere.

See new post (88% people) above - about it

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Bravo! - SoFedUp2

[ In Reply To ..]
Nice post. :) I echo those sentiments. What a call that was. I loved it when someone asked if there were any accounts where one actually got paid for everything they typed. The leader asked several times for people to mute their phones and to talk one at a time, but whenever someone made a statement about how unfair this 12% pay cut was with very specific reasons as to why, many others simultaneously chimed in with "Amen" and "Yeah" and "That's right". It was VERY apparent how angry and upset the MLS are. There was no rolling over and taking it on that call. Way to go ladies!

Similar Messages:

Hey, Did Anyone Notice These Snowflakes?
Dec 06, 2012

I couldn't help myself! ...

Every Time You Open A Page On MTStars, Are You
Feb 01, 2012

Very annoying! ...

Help With Fitting MTStars Text On Page
Apr 08, 2014

I know Control + Scroll on mouse will make text larger or smaller. However, even after making test larger on MTStars website, it still does not realign on the page, and I have to use the slider bar at bottom of screen back and forth to read entire message. I know there's a way to fix this, but I can't remember what it is. Can anyone help? Thanks. ...

Anyone With Problems Viewing MTStars Page?
Jun 07, 2014

No problems getting to this site, but frequently where the list of messages/threads would be is blank. The MTStars banner, ads, and Navigation panel on the left are visible. I have to click on the Navigation board I want (ex. Word Help) multiple times before the threads appear. Also happens when creating a post or replying to one. If it is just me, I will tweak some this computer's settings. Wanted to check first. Thanks. ...

Did You Guys Notice It Said Orientation Was Tomorrow?
Mar 20, 2014

I hope they send out the info on that soon.  ...

Smartype Line Will Not Move With The Page So When I Get To The Bottom Of The Page
Mar 09, 2011

I have a question about Smartype and I will try to make it so it is understandable:)  I bought Instant Text because I had to have some way of moving my Smartype over into Word 2007 (I had Word 2002).  I have Instant Text turned off until I learn the new platform on the new company I am with.  My problem is this, the Smartype line will not move with the page so when I get to the bottom of the page it covers up everything at the bottom and I can only manually move Smartype by scrolling back up ...

How Much To Charge Per Page And Half Page
Aug 16, 2010

I am interviewing for a job that would be three days in office and two days at home.  They requested my salary requirements, and would like to know what I would charge per page and half page for work done outside of the office.  I have never had to worry about this before, and I am not sure what to say.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!  I have been an MT for four years, two in a hospital and two working from home for different doctor's offices. ...

IMEDX-This Whole Page Is About Them, Maybe They Need Their Own Page!
Dec 23, 2014

nm ...

Thanks For The Snowflakes!
Dec 02, 2012

x ...

The Snowflakes Would Be So Much More Fun If You
Dec 21, 2012

Or eat each other like Pac-Man. ...

Cutesy Little Snowflakes
Dec 19, 2011

MT Stars admin, the cutesy little snowflakes are really adorable on the page, but gotta say it slows down every other open page on my computer, and while trying to work but have this page open to perhaps check on words or other posts, I just can't because the snowflakes slow everything down. I really like the snowflakes, they are too cool for school, but maybe others are having this problem too? ...

I Don't Like These Snowflakes, They Remind Me Of
Dec 03, 2012

the scintillations I get with a migraine. ...

Can We Please Be Done With The Annoying Snowflakes?
Dec 05, 2012

x ...

I Have A Concern Regarding The Snowflakes.
Dec 06, 2012

They seem to be on every board and they just keep coming down and it reminds me of winter.  I don't really like winter.  I'm more of a summer person.  Also, is there any way to change this site from blue to yellow?  I prefer yellow.  TIA!  ...

Goodbye Snowflakes
Jan 01, 2013

See you again in 11 months!  ...

Okay, You Can Turn Off The Snowflakes Now.
Jan 01, 2015

...it's time for them to go away now! ...

If We Have Tech Problems With The Snowflakes, Is There Any Way To
Dec 22, 2009

nm ...

Yeah... The Snowflakes Are Back
Dec 19, 2011

Thanks Moderator! ...

The Snowflakes Are Messing Up My Compuer
Dec 08, 2012

The snowflake situation seems to have gotten worse.  There are more of them and I just lost the third or fourth post because of them.  The cursor flies around to random parts of the page when one passes by and there is constant flashing.  The "flakes" look more like real fast snails trailing down the screen than snow.  There is literally a snail trail of distortion behind them. I don't think the snow works with all computers.   ...

I Love The New Board Trim And The Snowflakes. Sm
Dec 19, 2011

It makes me smile! ...

I'm Outta Here, And I Won't Be Back After The Snowflakes Leave.
Dec 06, 2012

I think the straw that broke this camel's back was when someone suggested those of us with legitimate medical issues regarding the snowflakes leave until January. I believe the specific quotation was something like "See ya!" Well, no you won't. I had hoped to be able to contribute to the community and to develop some friendships on this board when I joined up, but I am taking the hint that I am unwelcome. Despite the low pay, I love what I do. Because I love what I do a ...

I Love The Snowflakes!!!! Thanks For The Christmas Spirit/feel! Nm
Dec 21, 2009

nm ...

Thank You MTStars
Nov 18, 2012

If it wasn't for this board, I'd think it was just me. ...

Thanks To MTStars!
Nov 03, 2014

I am so grateful to have this site to come to when the system goes down.  Thanks to all my fellow MTs (especially the one that suggested alt/cnt/delete), I was able to get out, log back in, and recover my long report.  Yay! ...

I Don't Like The New Format Of MTStars
Oct 12, 2009

I posted about an hour ago under Gab Board.  It is not there, and it was.  Strange!!!! ...

Is Anyone Still Getting MTStars Alerts?
Nov 06, 2009

Anyone still getting MTStars Alerts?  I tried searching for information to see if Admin posted something about if and/or when that feature would be available, but could not find anything.  Anyone know if it is still available, do we have to sign up again, and if so, where to sign up again?  I liked getting notifed when there were posting about certain MTSOs and other info, so I did not have to read every post on every board, every day. Not that it was not a thrill, I ju ...

Re: MTStars Flashcounter
Jun 21, 2010

I have to reinstall the MTStars Flashcounter program, but I am not able to do it. I get a dialog box "Setup Initialization Error" that states "Setup has encountered an error in Registration Database". Does anybody know what this means? I have never had a problem reinstalling the program before. I do get a shortcut icon on my desktop PC that says "Demo has expired"..what does this mean? Any help would be appreciated. Is there any other software that I can get online just in case I can't get ...

Is Anyone Else Having Problems With MTStars Being
Oct 27, 2010

in the late evening/early morning hours?  All other sites on my computer are fine and as fast as usual.  I have noticed this over the last couple of days.  It takes so long to respond that I eventually just give up. ...

Trouble With MTStars?
Jun 28, 2012

Anyone else having trouble with the pages loading extremely slow this past week? I mean SLOW?? I thought it might be a glitch somewhere in the website, but it's still not resolved. I'm missing all my browsing. Anyone else having trouble too? Just curious if it is the website or something on my end. All other sites work fine. Thanks! ...

MTStars Is AWESOME
Jul 04, 2012

x ...