A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I think this is the lowest backlog I have seen-69 jobs this am - cheated

Posted: Feb 11, 2013

x

Are you in the North? - Thats what ours was just

[ In Reply To ..]
a little while ago. Nice to wake up to on Monday morning...

I cant handle this anymore - unbelievable

[ In Reply To ..]
Why cant they lay people off or fire people, or get more work. This is horrible abuse.

I wish they would - I live in the deep boonies

[ In Reply To ..]
and the only jobs are an hour or more away. I have applied to a hospital and can't get past the 20 year old recruiters.

They NEVER lay off, RARELY fire. They just wait us - out, waiting for us to quit. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Cheaper for them... - ...if we quit

[ In Reply To ..]
Paying severence or unemployment is too expensive for them. Cheaper for them if we just quit.

nowork - broke

[ In Reply To ..]
I have only had about 20 reports for a week - promised steady work but they must have not meant for me. Is there ANY company out there that treats you with respect and work?

It doesn't matter which company you work for - you will end up here anyway

[ In Reply To ..]
This is the third time my company has been bought out by this one. I finally just decided to take whatever crumb I can get from them and spend every minute that I have NJA beating the pavement for something other than MT.

Wow, 3 times. Not a charm, obviously. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

nowork - Shorty

[ In Reply To ..]
Have been on since early this morning for shift and still no work. Rather depressing. Hoping eventually the work picks up.

Hah-we had a whopping 2 jobs in our backlog today - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Similar Messages:

Ten Lowest-Paying Jobs In America
Jun 05, 2011

If you are making less than $8.91 per hour at medical transcription, you make less money per hour than:   Fast Food Cook - $8.91/hr Food Prep Worker/Server - $8.95/hr Dishwasher - $8.98/hr Hair Shampooer - $9.20/hr Counter Attendant, coffee shop - $9.27/hr Dining Room/Cafeteria Helper - $9.29/hr Restaurant Hostess - $9.42/hr Amusement Park Attendant - $9.50/hr Cashier - $9.52/hr Farm Laborer - $9.64/hr   Source:  Forbes.com     ...

Sten-Tel Has The Lowest Pay I Have Ever Seen
Jul 12, 2012

Their email just informed me of their awesome pay - 5 to 6 cpl for straight transcription and 2 to 3 cpl for editing.  Oh, and this is working as an IC during the night shift.  This is shameful.  You should be ashamed of yourselves, Sten-Tel!  If you actually make 2 cpl doing VR, you would have to edit 400 lines in an hour just to make 8 bucks an hour.  Does anyone actually work for you?   ...

Sten-Tel Has The Lowest Pay I've Ever Seen
Aug 12, 2013

They pay 2-3/12 cents per line for VR without spaces!!! OMG!  Why bother even testing for them?!?! ...

Thanks To TSM My Line Count Is The Lowest It's Ever Been.
Nov 04, 2014

My primary account was yanked with ne'er a word from TSM and I'm waiting for an email as I've been below quota due to that. I've counted and I've done 21 different accounts today alone. So ticked off at TSM. She can't even type a sentence with capitalization or punctuation for heaven's sake. ...

The Dictators Who Speak The Lowest
Mar 30, 2015

dictate in the noisiest areas. ...

What Is The Lowest Line Rate You Are Willing To Accept As An IC? Sm
Dec 15, 2009

I just applied for a job, aced the test, and have 18+ years experience.  I was offered .06 cpl to start, but will be "generously" bumped up to a whopping .07 cpl once I've proved myself.  I have never, ever been offered anything lower than .08 cpl in my entire career.  I did make 7.75 cpl one, but that was 15 years ago, working for the Q on a simple ER account with templates out the ying yang. I really feel insulted here.  Good grief... I would really appreciate some in ...

DQM & Backlog
Jan 04, 2010

Has anybody found out how to view the backlog in the new region?  My CCM isn't back from PTO yet, so I can't ask her. TIA ...

Backlog And NJA
Feb 01, 2010

Has anybody else gotten NJAs but backlog shows a lot of jobs?   This has been happening quite often lately to me.  I'm tier III, so this difference isn't from jobs out of my tier level.  I'm really beginning to have doubts about the accuracy of the backlog.     ...

Where Do We Go To Look At The Backlog?
Aug 24, 2010

nm ...

Look At All That Red In The Backlog
Sep 21, 2013

We've been having late work for 4 days out of every week for awhile now with our TSM calling for OT constantly.  The funny thing is, all the accounts that I'm familiar with that are late are ones that do not send overseas (as an MME, I know because I QA the ILPs).   Do you think that these hospitals refuse to send overseas and that MModal is going to say that the work was late because of lack of qualified US MTs, and that they should consider sending offshore?   ...

Backlog
Sep 08, 2014

Is anyone getting the backlog? I got into it earlier today, but now it says "account inactive"... ...

Someone Said The Backlog Is Back
Jan 07, 2010

If so, how the heck do you access it? I have tried every combination of password/region # until my fingers are blue.  TIA ...

Critical Backlog
Jan 29, 2010

Isn't it "strange" how it goes from NJA to "critical backlog" in nothing flat?  SA5 here... Must be the weekend.  Here's a laugh for you though:  ASR report (of course)  - social history:   "he lives with his wife who is alive"...   Good thing huh!  LOL! ...

Backlog - New North
Jan 30, 2010

Was the company # changed for looking up the backlog when the north area combined?  I haven't been able to access it since.  If so, does anybody have the new # to input?  CCM still hasn't gotten back to me yet and I want to check the backlog. ...

Can We Trust The Backlog Right Now?
Jan 31, 2010

Sometimes it tells me NJA, then cesspool, then primaries.  When I look at the backlog, there seems to be my work in my primaries, late work even, so why am I getting NJA and why am I getting jobs from accounts I never work on? ...

Now How Do You Get In The New Backlog From DQManage
Feb 01, 2010

I tried that 112350 number and then I tried that 57539 number.  It was 57545.  Not working. So, I am not able to get into the log and find out what reports we have anymore?  ...

I Can Open Up The Backlog!
Feb 08, 2010

It is FINALLY working!  ...

North Backlog
May 31, 2010

Can anybody tell me how the backlog looks now?  I got locked out and need reset, however, CCM is on vacation and haven't been able to get in contact with the fill-in CCM to fix it.  Thanks ...

Backlog Not Updating
May 10, 2011

Has anyone else noticed that the backlogs are not updating?  Also, I haven't heard from my CCM in a few days now.  Im in the North region.  ...

Backlog Incentive
Mar 09, 2012

Check e-mail.  Impossible-to-reach line count incentive offered March 9-12.  Why is the backlog so high?  What's going on, anyone know? ...

When You Check The Backlog,
Feb 04, 2013

where it lists "totals" at the bottom for each facility, does anyone know how often that updates?  I cannot be totals for a day or a shift.  Does anyone know if it is totals for an hour? ...

How To Check Backlog
Oct 24, 2013

someone posted below we can look at the backlog ourselves.  Can someone tell me how? I am not an MME or QA.  Thanks! ...

I'm Really Curious About The Backlog...
Dec 02, 2013

When I check it, I see some institutions with multiple jobs days past due, not being assigned. Do you suppose these are places that have failed to pay MM's bill or been fired by MM? Does anyone have any idea about this?  West region. ...

Backlog Updates -- What Are They For???
Jul 11, 2014

Can anyone explain what good backlog reports are or what purpose they serve.  Its not like we can pick the hospitals that have the most reports, or we can work overtime to clear out the accounts, or we can jump on the system to clear something out if it is not our appointed work schedule.  What good are they?  New TSM is constantly sending these meaningless reports out, that I can't understand because of all the abbreviations, and they are just taking time away from my typing ...

Been On Vacation, Now Can't Look Up Backlog
Sep 15, 2014

How do we get into check the backlog? Mine is saying account inactive. I saw a message below about it, but didn't understand the reply. ...

Can We Still Check The Backlog?
Dec 12, 2014

We used to be able to check the work backlog on fluency, but I cannot log into it anymore.  Did they disable that? ...

Triple Backlog
Dec 17, 2014

I don't know if a lot of MTs' 2-week notices are up this week or doctors are getting all their work in because of JCAHO inspections or a combination of both, but in looking at the full backlog (yes, I have access that I requested as an MME years ago), there are nearly 50,000 jobs in the system when typically it's around 16K to 20K.  No wonder they're freaking out.   ...

S/l "lowest Pattern" Of Degenerative Changes?
Mar 17, 2010

dictates:  X-rays were read as showing some hypertrophic changes in the s/l "lowest pattern or plane" of degenerative changes, but no acute fracture was noted.  This is a patient with low back pain....   ...

Backlog List Question
Jan 05, 2010

Has anyone in the "new" North region been able to access the backlog list?  If so, what did you do?  I can't open it. ...

URGENT CRITICAL BACKLOG!!!
Sep 26, 2010

So I check MQ Central as usual before starting my shift this morning.  Found 4 messages stating critical backlog with weekend incentive.  I sign on.  No jobs.  I'm tier 3.  Never saw NO JOBS first thing on my regular Sunday shifts.  WHAT THE ____?  I read on to get a slap on the wrist from my RTL.  Why didn't I send a report to QA that had multiple blanks.  I tried to be objective, but it was for the usual reasons I send multiple-blank repor ...