A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So I left transcription two years ago. Got laid off from - HappyMT

Posted: May 20, 2014

a hospital job after being a model employee for 5 years because of outsourcing.  Disillusioned, I decided I was done and took a job as a unit secretary at a hospital "in the city."  Pay was the same and I thought it would be a nice change, you know a little daily human interaction.  WRONG!  After dealing with nonstop ringing phones, call lights, pesky patients and family, hateful nurses, and condescending doctors on a daily basis, I was ready to run back to my home office for some solitude.  Thank you Jesus!  I found an MT job at a rural hospital 20 minutes from my home and accepted it without even asking about benefits.  I don't care.  I will make it work!  I'm making better money with incentive and I will die before I lose this job.  They will have to drag me out kicking and screaming!

Here is the lesson I learned:  Some people are cut out for human interaction and the rest of us become MTs!  I luv you people that I never have to see or share office space with!

Ha Ha - You made me laugh

[ In Reply To ..]
Good Luck to you. I hope you luv your new gig.

human interaction - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I understand COMPLETELY.

human interaction - Phatty

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so happy for you, and thank you Jesus is right. I have been calling on his name a lot lately with the way the transcription business is right now. May the Lord continue to bless you and bring even greater things to you!!!

no courtesy out in the world anymore - going, going, gone

[ In Reply To ..]
I can barely stand my neighbors let alone an office full of people and their personalities.

People have just become rude and selfish now.

I love working at home. I don't miss human contact at all. That's why they have pizza delivery persons.

Thanks for the giggle. People tell me I should - notaclue

[ In Reply To ..]
also work from home ALWAYS, what you suppose that means? LOLOLOLOL

unit secretary - msdaisy

[ In Reply To ..]
You said it all in a nutshell. I too thought unit secretary would work- but it was like swimming in a fish bowl full of piranhas (spelling)--! no courtesy in the world today.

Yep, me too! - Long Time MT-NY

[ In Reply To ..]
You forgot office politics...and backstabbing and people in control never letting you forget it. I had to go work in an office for the benefits as my husband got laid off but now he has found a great job with benefits and I am trying to find a position to come back home. Ladies, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

I agree - it's really a jungle out there. - Better off at home.

[ In Reply To ..]
My kitty is always quiet and pleasant. :)

Just have to add, you ladies sound very pleasant, too! I never seemed to work with nice gals like you, though, when I've ventured out to work in hospitals in the past. Guess we're all hiding out at home now. hah!

Similar Messages:

Laid Off After 20+ Years In This Business!
Apr 03, 2014

Sad and happy......gives me a way out, but kind of grieving.  Silver lining is I now have more time to concentrate on applying for other jobs.  Down side is being totally self supporting and no income! ...

I Left 3 Years Ago
Jan 11, 2012

I lost my last account to India 3 years ago and decided it just wasn't worth it any longer after 20 years of all this crap. I have only returned to this board today after 3 years and the complaints are all just the same as they were 3 years ago - some of the same companies (they will never change), some new companies that are probably old companies that changed their name because they could no longer get people to apply for their positions. For all of you who complain and do not do anythi ...

I Left The Q 2 1/2 Years Ago
Oct 02, 2014

I still visit this board once in a while out of curiosity with no intentions of returning to the Q to see if it seems like the same crappy company I left and if any Americans are still employed by them.  There's your answer, Anon (HMMMMM) ...

My Heart Goes Out To You All-left MQ 4 Years Ago After
Apr 04, 2013

18 years and have NEVER looked back when they got bought out by CBay-that was it for me.  I knew then that nothing good would come of working for an Indian-owned company.  I even turned down an admin job when my company was bought out by MQ-no way would I work for that disgusting establishment, so went on UE for a few months and didn't care!  Now I love my job and am treated like a real person!  It is greener elsewhere and you will be okay.  I know it is scary, but ...

I Left MT Finally After 10 Years
Nov 11, 2013

I struggled with leaving, I put so much into this and granted I got to stay home with my kids when they were small, but the worry about steady money was the price we paid. We filed for bankruptcy and almost lost our house. Thankfully, we got a loan mod which reduced our mtg down from 1700 to 1400. I finally applied on Craigslist to part-time law firm positions and got one for 3 days a week next town over making $15 an hour. I bring home after taxes $300 a week and have 4 days to spend on my ...

I Left MQ 6 Weeks Ago. After 9 Years, I Was Terrified
Apr 01, 2010

to start somewhere new.  I tried 3 other companies in the past, part time while continue to work at MQ, and left each one because the software was so much better at MQ.  Finally, I got sick of the crap and threats and new accounts, and I left.  The day I left I was dancing around my house all day long, so relieved to be rid of them.  Now, I make less than my base at MQ, but I have no ASR, so it's actually more.  The software is not as good, but that is a minor ...

Confused About People Laid Off Part Time Flex, Thought Flex Position Was Eliminated Years Ago
Aug 17, 2013

I am part time but not flex. I wanted to go flex but my CCM told me that they no longer had flex positions available. This was probably 2 years ago.  How is everyone part time flex? ...

Left Nuance After 2 Years, Suggestions To Improve Work Ethic?
Jan 02, 2015

just got so discouraged with Nuance.  Now with a new company and want to improve production and attitude.  Still like transcription. ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Probity Transcription - Had Bad Situation 2-1/2 Years Ago With Them
Mar 31, 2011

See they have new ad.  Had bad situation 2-1/2 years ago with them.  Accepted a job as a CMT with $50 CMT sign-on bonus and no training pay.  Told very few foreign accents on my job.  After training, got straight foreign accents for 2 days and boss said nothing was wrong.  Having been a QA editor for 5-1/2 years, I knew someone had picked out all the good plain-old American-type voices because the foreign accent guys don't all dictate at the same time with nothing in-between.  Their ...

I Have Been An MT For 14 Years, But I Failed The Transcend Transcription Test!
Mar 13, 2011

I feel so bummed right now!  I can't believe I failed it.  Am I the only one?  Maybe it's time for a new career?! ...

Career Change After 20 Years Of Medical Transcription
Dec 22, 2013

Anybody got any ideas for a career change for someone that has been doing medical transcription for 20 years? ...

If You Left Transcription, What Would You Do?
May 11, 2011

I've heard a lot of people saying they are getting out of transcrption but what are they doing? Are there jobs comparable to transcription that may pay better or at least consistently. ...

Left At Home Transcription....
Jul 02, 2011

I have been doing transcription for about 15 years now. After leaving MedQuist due to their bad management, I have been hopping around for several years not able to find the right match for me. Everything that sounds great at the beginning turns out to be the opposite. Either the pay is cut in half for their horrible speech recognition or it pays well and the program that they use just isn't very productive. I realized I had no choice but go back into the hospitals when my last position ...

Are There Any Companies Left That Do Straight Transcription Instead Of VR?? NM.
Sep 11, 2011

x ...

Medical Transcription School Has Left Me A Little Unnerved
Feb 14, 2010

I recently had an experience with an MT school that has left me a little unnerved.  Therefore, I have a couple of questions for those who are currently attending school or have completed an MT program.  Were you provided statistics about the number of actual graduates?  Schools can have a lot of enrollees but it’s my opinion that the number of actual graduates matters. Were you provided any information about the qualifications of your instructors?  My next question is for the experienced M ...

After Years And Years Of Being IC, Obtained Employee Status At A Co. Sm
Nov 26, 2012

Thought that after not having enough work for a couple years now and always chasing work, I'd now have a "real job" as an employee and wouldn't have to worry about a steady paycheck and paying the bills anymore. The reason I thought this was because at the interview and in their professional company emails, they use all the "real job" words:  Shift, scheduled hours, overtime, PTO, benefits, etc.  I felt relieved to finally have a "job." What a big bunch of BS! I was "hired" ...

3 Years. Question: How Many More Years Do You Plan To Be An MT/editor?
Dec 20, 2013

There is much speculation about the field of transcription - how many of us actually plan to be here 5 years, 10 years, 20 years from now. I realize that the field is going to change, which will contribute to your answer. Will there be enough transcriptionists/editors to fill the need in 5 years and in 10 years? Will the industry be forced out of offshoring because of taxes? Will there be a need even for editors if VR gets better? These are all unanswered questions, but my question is, what ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

I Worked For M*Modal A Couple Of Years Ago Or So And I Worked For Medquist Several Years Ago.
Aug 08, 2014

Lately, I've been getting legal notices mailed to my home from I believe the east coast somewhere informing me of a class action lawsuit against M*Modal and inviting me to joint if I have a claim.  I don't think I have a claim, but then again with all the shady practices in this business, I'm not so sure.  I'm just curious what the heck is going on. Anyone care to give me the lowdown? ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...

Anybody Been Laid Off By MQ?
Feb 18, 2010

I hear MQ employees are eligible under the TAA to get re-training paid for in another field, but how do you get "laid off"???  ...

Laid-off
Jun 23, 2010

Recently laid-off and I am looking for a job. I was just wondering, being an IC medical transcriptionist has anyone ever qualified for unemployment?? I know this is considered self-employed and most states will not give you benefits, but I was just wondering if anyone has ever gotten benefits being an IC.   Thank you for your time. ...

Getting Laid Off
Mar 01, 2011

4th time in 4 years. Sick of this!!! Will be finding something new to do. ...

Laid Off
Apr 04, 2013

I was laid off today too.  I have been with the company for 8 years.  I consistently make my quota by a long shot, at over 375 lph.  I had my audit a month ago at 99.3%.  I am a single mom trying to support my family, and no, there was no warning, no severance, no nothing.  My supervisor said it is across the board, and she did not have an answer for me as to why me.  I spent the day working on my resume and job hunting and came here to see if anyone had any answers.  To those of you in t ...

If You Are Laid Off, PLEASE TELL US
Jul 24, 2013

TIER REGION PART TIME OR FULL TIME so that maybe we can find a pattern for this. We're sorry for you all but know you will be going to a better place. ...

If You Were Laid Off
Jul 24, 2013

It seems like a lot of the folks who were let go had been with MM a long time. Just curious if there is a trend here, do you mind letting us know what your e/t cpl rate was? Did they just let go of those who were making a decent wage?  ...

How Many Laid Off?
Jul 24, 2013

Does anyone have any idea how many were let go today?  It doesn't seem like many, but of course only a fraction of MModal MTs actually come to this board. ...

Laid Off.....
Jan 12, 2015

Well, it's official.  I just got the call that I am officially laid off!  I am glad that what I knew was inevitable has finally happened so I can move forward, but at the same time can't help grieving over the loss of what once was a career that I loved and was good at.  It's not just the company I worked for; it's the whole medical transcription industry, so as of right now I am totally THROUGH with medical transcription! ...

Laid Off, No Notice
Nov 19, 2009

I just got laid off from Proscript in an email, I think this was very cold, no warning, no 2 weeks notice, nothing......I have worked for them since 2005, this is just wrong..... ...