A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My heart goes out to you all-left MQ 4 years ago after - ExMQ

Posted: Apr 04, 2013

18 years and have NEVER looked back when they got bought out by CBay-that was it for me.  I knew then that nothing good would come of working for an Indian-owned company.  I even turned down an admin job when my company was bought out by MQ-no way would I work for that disgusting establishment, so went on UE for a few months and didn't care!  Now I love my job and am treated like a real person!  It is greener elsewhere and you will be okay.  I know it is scary, but you will survive.  So, who are all the TLMs going to "supervise" now.  Oops!  Another layoff there soon to follow I bet.  MQ likes to do that in December though!  In my mind, MQ is the worst of the worst, and this just proves it AGAIN!  This is typical!  Maybe that Indian who bought this crappy company will visit Amy one day and she can see how it feels.  In my opinion, anyone who applies for a job with the Q from any of the MULTIPLE SITES THEY ADVERTISE JOBS ON, is scraping the bottom of the barrel and should listen and take heed here!

Best wishes to you all, it is a blessing, believe me!

And they all say all to work will never leave the US - bet me

[ In Reply To ..]
Unless we stop it on the grounds of security..We will all be gone at some point, not sure when, but it will happen.

Work leaving US - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
First, I am so sorry that this happened to all of you. I went through a lay off several months ago (my facility now uses a service in India) and I QA their work, it isn't pretty. Something that no one has brought up that I wanted to question in addition to all the other reasons mentioned: Did M-Modal lose some accounts? All the services seem to be struggling to keep clients these days, it could happen to them as well. When I was first unemployed, I applied and tested with M-Modal and actually had an interview lined up which I canceled and am so glad that I did now. There are better things in store for all of you, take care.

I don't buy into the never looked back part - so why are you here?

[ In Reply To ..]
blessings to all even though I'm here not looking back and have issues...

Another question - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
There is an advertisement on a jobs board on another MT site for part-time MTs at M-Modal dated March 22, none of this makes sense to me.

I'm here because it is a public board, always have - exMQ

[ In Reply To ..]
to turn seomthing negative don't you.

God bless those laidoff yesterday-Goodbye!

Similar Messages:

Decompensated Left-then-right Heart Failure (sm)
Feb 04, 2012

or decompensated left-than-right heart failure.  ? then or than?  anybody know? ...

I Left 3 Years Ago
Jan 11, 2012

I lost my last account to India 3 years ago and decided it just wasn't worth it any longer after 20 years of all this crap. I have only returned to this board today after 3 years and the complaints are all just the same as they were 3 years ago - some of the same companies (they will never change), some new companies that are probably old companies that changed their name because they could no longer get people to apply for their positions. For all of you who complain and do not do anythi ...

I Left The Q 2 1/2 Years Ago
Oct 02, 2014

I still visit this board once in a while out of curiosity with no intentions of returning to the Q to see if it seems like the same crappy company I left and if any Americans are still employed by them.  There's your answer, Anon (HMMMMM) ...

I Left MT Finally After 10 Years
Nov 11, 2013

I struggled with leaving, I put so much into this and granted I got to stay home with my kids when they were small, but the worry about steady money was the price we paid. We filed for bankruptcy and almost lost our house. Thankfully, we got a loan mod which reduced our mtg down from 1700 to 1400. I finally applied on Craigslist to part-time law firm positions and got one for 3 days a week next town over making $15 an hour. I bring home after taxes $300 a week and have 4 days to spend on my ...

I Left MQ 6 Weeks Ago. After 9 Years, I Was Terrified
Apr 01, 2010

to start somewhere new.  I tried 3 other companies in the past, part time while continue to work at MQ, and left each one because the software was so much better at MQ.  Finally, I got sick of the crap and threats and new accounts, and I left.  The day I left I was dancing around my house all day long, so relieved to be rid of them.  Now, I make less than my base at MQ, but I have no ASR, so it's actually more.  The software is not as good, but that is a minor ...

So I Left Transcription Two Years Ago. Got Laid Off From
May 20, 2014

a hospital job after being a model employee for 5 years because of outsourcing.  Disillusioned, I decided I was done and took a job as a unit secretary at a hospital "in the city."  Pay was the same and I thought it would be a nice change, you know a little daily human interaction.  WRONG!  After dealing with nonstop ringing phones, call lights, pesky patients and family, hateful nurses, and condescending doctors on a daily basis, I was ready to run back to my home office for ...

Left Nuance After 2 Years, Suggestions To Improve Work Ethic?
Jan 02, 2015

just got so discouraged with Nuance.  Now with a new company and want to improve production and attitude.  Still like transcription. ...

Left Heart Cath. S/l "ray-beez" Sheath! Sm
Feb 10, 2010

A 55-inch "raybeez" sheath was then advanced into the descending aorta. ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

After Years And Years Of Being IC, Obtained Employee Status At A Co. Sm
Nov 26, 2012

Thought that after not having enough work for a couple years now and always chasing work, I'd now have a "real job" as an employee and wouldn't have to worry about a steady paycheck and paying the bills anymore. The reason I thought this was because at the interview and in their professional company emails, they use all the "real job" words:  Shift, scheduled hours, overtime, PTO, benefits, etc.  I felt relieved to finally have a "job." What a big bunch of BS! I was "hired" ...

3 Years. Question: How Many More Years Do You Plan To Be An MT/editor?
Dec 20, 2013

There is much speculation about the field of transcription - how many of us actually plan to be here 5 years, 10 years, 20 years from now. I realize that the field is going to change, which will contribute to your answer. Will there be enough transcriptionists/editors to fill the need in 5 years and in 10 years? Will the industry be forced out of offshoring because of taxes? Will there be a need even for editors if VR gets better? These are all unanswered questions, but my question is, what ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

I Worked For M*Modal A Couple Of Years Ago Or So And I Worked For Medquist Several Years Ago.
Aug 08, 2014

Lately, I've been getting legal notices mailed to my home from I believe the east coast somewhere informing me of a class action lawsuit against M*Modal and inviting me to joint if I have a claim.  I don't think I have a claim, but then again with all the shady practices in this business, I'm not so sure.  I'm just curious what the heck is going on. Anyone care to give me the lowdown? ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...

Heart
May 30, 2010

Please help with following. It sounds like sections of the heart "kilae" is marked hypertrophy. Also, myocardial fibers show only a thin shell with a "Day O" vacuolated cytoplasm.   ...

Preop Diagnosis Is S/l"kay-less" Foot Left. The Procedure Is Left S/l "cold" Mid
May 26, 2010

left calcaneal osteotomy.  ...

Heart Exam...
Nov 03, 2009

"Cardiovascular exam was tachycardiac. No s/l meals or an ST. No murmurs or gallops were appreciated." Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Heart Examination
Mar 15, 2010

Heart exam, doctor dictates: "Heart: Regular rhythm without murmurs or gallops. 2 clicks heard at the apex"  I don't understand the connection between "2" and "clicks" or what punctuation to use?? I'm new to this so any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!   ...

Heart Clicks? Again...
Mar 16, 2010

Posted this yesterday, but wanted to see if anyone else might know... HEART: Regular rhythm without murmurs or gallops. 2 clicks heard at the apex. (or 2: Clicks heard at the apex?) He says "2" like number 2, as if he dictated number 1- which he obviously didn't. Is there such a thing as 2 clicks heard at the apex??       ...

Heart: AP S1, S2 Somewhat Irregular?
Jun 05, 2010

I think she is saying "Heart AP" but I can not figure out what is meant by AP? Any suggestions, I am at a loss. =( ...

Heart Rate - WOW
Jun 22, 2010

Here's a good one.  This doc says the nurses in the ER noticed that patient may have had a heart rate of "800."  Impossible.  I thought possibly he could be saying "a hundred", but I slowed down the dictation and 800 is what he is saying.  This is an ESL doc who talks very fast.  This is not the first time he has said something incorrect.  ...

Warms My Heart
Jul 27, 2010

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE ONES THAT WRITE ON MT STARS SAYING AND COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU HATE TRANSCRIPTION THEN PLEASE DON’T APPLIY BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT BE A GOOD FIT FOR US!          Someone has already critiqued the ad post, but I have to offer up kudos for the comment above.  WHINERS NEED NOT APPLY should become part of ALL help-wanted ads! ...

Heart Problems
Aug 31, 2010

"She had some abnormal rhythms with SVT and s/l "barrency" intermittently.  This self resolved." This doc is heavy ESL (but with a deliightful Spanish lilt to her voice) so I'm not sure what "barrency" might be. Variancy? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.   ...

Heart Catheterization
Sep 30, 2010

Right heart catheterization right atrial pressure of 34.  s/l R pressure was 90/36 mmHg. ...

Heart Rate
Jan 20, 2011

Has anyone heard of "irregular regular irregular" heart rate?  I thought it was "regular irregular".    ...

Heart Cath
Jan 20, 2011

Sounds like "RBU 4 to 6-French guide catheter" or maybe "RBU4 6-French guide catheter" Dictates it so fast I can't tell what is going on here.  TIA!!! ...

HAART Not Heart
Sep 29, 2012

I was searching reports to look up how a doctor dictates and came across..patient has HIV and is on heart medications.  Come on, people, ALL transcriptionists should know HIV patients get HAART treatment.  Unbelieveable.  I would not be surprised if we lose this contrast due to stupid mistakes like that. ...

Heart Word
Nov 05, 2012

There is a s/l KEY-ard network noted in the right atrium ...

2nd Or Second Heart Sound
Mar 07, 2013

I should know this, but when typing out a physical exam, is it 2nd heart sound or second heart sound, or 1st heart sound or first heart sound, etc.  Thanks for the help. ...

With Heavy Heart
May 24, 2013

It is with heavy heart that I am giving up my career as a transcriptionist. After 19 years of transcription, with all the changes to the industry, I can no longer make the kind of money I used to make without working multiple jobs and endless hours just to get a decent line count. I have taken a wonderful position in another industry and I am looking forward to my new adventure. First time in many years (longer than I can remember), I will be working Monday through Friday with all the hol ...