A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wow, PAs dictating make me crazy - One short trip away from the funny farm

Posted: Mar 26, 2012

As dictated:  "She does have occasional nausea, mostly associated with her chemotherapy regimen; however, she denies any nausea."

Foot in mouth

this same PA just dictated a creatinine of 92 - One short trip away from the funny farm

[ In Reply To ..]
Ahhh!!!!!!!!!!

dictation - fedup

[ In Reply To ..]
I just had a DOCTOR dictate Allergies: penicillin. then further down, Allergies: No known allergies. How scary is that?
I didn't even report it to QA, just sent it back to him. Tired of this crap.

Just had a doctor a little while ago. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Dictated: The patient complains of occasional headaches. Then, the VERY NEXT sentence: No headaches. Say what?

I just had one - patient smokes a pk and a half a day.

[ In Reply To ..]
then in the same sentence "no tobacco or alcohol." Sometimes I think they don't even listen to what they are saying.

One last night. - Same kind of error.

[ In Reply To ..]
SOCIAL HISTORY: The patient does not drink alcohol. She does not smoke, and she drinks wine occasionally.

(This was *not* dictated with the usual vocal mannerisms that would indicate he was making a correction.)

What gets me about PAs, RNs and other ancillary HC dictators is:

1. They have no idea what's important or what's not, so they just start reading entire sections, MRI reports, etc.

2. They like to make up their own formats, which often make no structural sense. I know that they must see loads of discharge summaries, H&Ps and all of that, but they seem oblivious to the typical formats these documents follow.

3. They don't know how to pronounce many medical terms or drugs, and often mangle them so badly that you really don't like to stick your neck out and make the correction, so *BINGO!* - that's another blank.

Just a bit too ad hoc, as far as I'm concerned.

I know, right!! The pronounciations kill me - One short trip away from the funny farm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have ARNP who is so concerned with whipping through her stuff in 2 minutes flat that she sometimes stumbles and stutters over her words. If she'd slow down just a hair she woulnd't have that problem and the way she pronounces words sometimes just kills me. I'll be yelling at the computer "there's no R in that word!!"

had an OB doc dictate... - tmt

[ In Reply To ..]
"patient with G3, P2, premature birth with POSSIBLE death 1"

I guess the baby vanished immediately upon exiting the vault and was never seen again, so they don't know if the baby lived or died.

Similar Messages:

Residents Make Me Crazy!
Nov 02, 2010

Quote (sort of)  "This is Dr. Mumblemouth dictating an office visit on patient Sick Person, with Dr. Attending in the Lymphona Clinic.  This letter is addressed to ..." He puts this in as a completely different type of letter, then says it's an office visit, and then says it's Lymphoma clinic and THEN says this letter is addressed to.   This particular idiot resident also stumbles over himself and starts and stops so much that for every 100 lines I actually get cr ...

Am I Crazy???
Apr 14, 2011

My boss has offered me a 3rd shift position working 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.  I work days now 10 a.m to 6 p.m.  This 3rd position appeals to me because there would be no interruptions and hopefully my production would get even better.  I could be up in the morning around 10-11 am and have the rest of the day to run errands, grocery shop or just do some baking which sounds wonderful.  I am usually a day person, but this sounds intriguing. I realize the first couple of weeks would ...

OK This Is Crazy,
Nov 21, 2012

ASR: The patient had history of DVT and PE. Dictated: Allergies none. This is getting really bad,,,first the simple act of breathing into the phone prints out things that "could" be relevant to the current report..now something like this..Guess it is keeping us employed cause you cant send this stuff through un-edited. ...

Crazy ASR
Aug 09, 2013

Today is frequently adding an extra word of "some" to much of the editing I am doing.  Is it EVER going to learn??????????? ...

AM I CRAZY? I MUST BE.
Aug 23, 2013

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”Albert Einstein Well, it suddenly hit me this morning.  With all the changes in this industry over the last 10 years (that's how long I've been in it), and no improvement in working conditions in sight, WHY AM I still doing it?  I must be insane!  I think I must have self-hypnotized myself into thinking that if I keep looking, I'll find some MT position that pays well ...

Maybe I Am Crazy
May 13, 2014

Has anyone else noticed a change in some of the CPs? I KNOW my so-called "primary" account CP  used to say "REPORT FORMATTING:  DQS Guidelines."  It now says "REPORT FORMATTING:  AAMT BOS" and I am getting dinged for things that used to be SOP. ...

Am I Going Crazy?
Jul 01, 2014

Or senile?  Yes, I am getting ready to retire but I still take pride in my work.   How can I have a report out of the blue that is so full of errors, errors I am sure I did not make and then the rest of my reports are 100%.  It is one I sent to QA.  Is it possible that it could have been changed by one QA and then passed on with mistakes?  Am I being paranoid? This makes me very anxious.   Also, has this ever happened to anyon ...

Am I Crazy?
Jan 29, 2015

......because I could not meet productivity requirements.  I swore I would never apply for another transcription job again.  Well, due to unforeseen circumstances, I am now in dire need of a job RIGHT NOW!  I was employee status before, but I am now considering applying for an independent contractor job, thinking that might be a better fit for me, at least until I find a job outside of MT.  Thinking about giving it a try.  At least I would have some income for a little w ...

This Drives Me Crazy DQS
Dec 01, 2009

What the ASR typed: sodium was 137, potassium five.  It does this all the time.  Why would it put the numbers on the sodium and spell out the number for the potassium?  ...

I Am Just Glad I Am Not Crazy
Jul 02, 2010

This is what I have been complaining about for a while now -- that my ASR accounts are HORRIBLE.  They are not even putting out anything that makes sense, lots of gibberish, sometimes made-up words, and is taking a huge amount of time to edit this bunk.  At least now some other accounts are doing the same thing and I know I am not nuts.  ASR is regressing.  ...

This NP Is Making Me Crazy!!!
Nov 21, 2010

Honest to Pete, this woman has no clue about pronunciation.  A couple of reports ago she's reading a radiology report and says very clearly "primitive destruction" and then goes on to spell it "permeative."  Those are two very different words and to me have very different pronunciations. Now she's on a patient who has had chemoradiation therapy, "altima" and zometa.  Umm, you mean Alimta?  It's going to be a long afternoon.  ...

Driving Me Crazy!
Dec 03, 2010

This physician, not a resident either, is SPELLING words like -- no joke -- chest, lungs, abdomen and with every date, telling me to put the slash marks in.  Whatdehay does he think I'm getting paid for?  I am supposed to know s-o-m-e-t-h-i-n-g !!!!  oh my goodness.  I just had to tell someone that understands. Thanks for listening. ...

Crazy Question
Dec 11, 2010

This is really silly.  What is the plural of "bolus?"  Boluses looks (and sounds) awkward, but everything I've found backs that up.   ...

Driving Me Crazy!!
Dec 30, 2010

I wish there was a program for MTs that would take "..um.." out of dictations.  ...

NJA Driving Me Crazy
Feb 28, 2011

I'll take terrible ESLs, 30-second reports - anything over NJA.  Makes me crazy.  I sit here, hands hovering above the keyboard, breath bated, just waiting for a job - any job.  The transcription schools keep churning out grads, and those grads keep posting on these forums, asking who's hiring?  where can they find work?  who hired newbies? - but even veterans don't have work.  How am I supposed to pay my mortgage?  ...

Crazy Question But...
Aug 17, 2011

what does it mean when a transcriptionist types (s/l:) and then a word? ...

Ok, Call Me Crazy But . . . .
Sep 01, 2011

here?  it seems pretty simple to me.  I type, you pay.  I meet TAT, you meet payroll.  apparently 2+2 does not = 4?  ...

What Is UP With This Crazy Company?
Sep 14, 2011

I quit the Q last month after my account vanished without any warning and am happily working for another company. I got a call today from some lady from MedQuist asking me if I would answer some questions regarding why I left. I told her I was working at my current job and could not take the time at the moment (something that rarely happened at MQ - having work, that is). Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask and how you answered their questions? I guess I'm just flabbergasted th ...

This Drives Me Crazy!!!
Nov 03, 2012

It just drives me nuts when a doctor says "Patient has a history of whatever in the past."  Duh, isn't that kind of redundant?  History is always in the past.  That's why it's history!  ...

Driving Me Crazy!!!
Dec 04, 2012

I never do this.  I always figure the anonyances are part of the job, but this is making me CRAZY!!! I have a NP who dictates 15-20 min dictations and really only should be about 5 mins.  I have to speed her up like crazy.  Her favorite thing is the dictate at the busiest station around and pauses FOREVER because she's sooooo nosy and has to make sure she listens to everyone elses conversations around her. Seriously?  Are we 13 yrs old and in junior high now???  ...

Call Me Crazy But....
Jan 11, 2013

What if there were legislation requiring MT's be paid a base HOURLY wage much like waitstaff?  Below the Fed Minimum but still compensation for the time we spend researching and doing other things directly related to our jobs that take time away from actual typing.  ...

This Sounds Crazy...but...
Feb 23, 2013

I've been an MT for ages now and started out with straight typing, went to VR for awhile and am now back to straight typing. I LOVE the company I'm with, but am so tired of typing and wish to go back to editing.  So, does anyone work for a decent company that only has VR? Pay isn't as important as consistent work and people who aren't on your back 24/7. I'd prefer a smaller company, but will settle for a medium one.  Thank you in advance! ...

VR Crazy Sentence Of The Day LOL
Jul 11, 2013

"The patient was electrified and later discharged to an elf undergarment." ...

Drives Me Crazy
May 16, 2014

begins and then those pile on with pleas for a job.  Below Frustrated was discussing whether there were any good workers around any more and whoop de doo mad rush of "I e-mailed you about working for you"   Can we just DISCUSS subjects and businesses without people chiming in with the give-me give-mes? Every comment about a company is followed by pleas for ways to get into these companies.  Due diligence - apply, fill out application, take test, quit trying to weasel in on a ...

Crazy To Work
Oct 24, 2014

Hello, I just started a new job this past week. I have been on the auctual job site for 2 days. The rest of the week, I was in orientation and completing new hire paperwork. I was wondering if anyone else had problems transitioning after being home for so long? Let me give you a little background information. I was hired in with the understanding I would learn my job which consists of calling insurance companies for verification purposes. Also, it was explained during the interview that I woul ...

About Word Expansion - This May Seem A Little Crazy, But
Jan 20, 2010

does anyone else have favorite abbreviations they just love using?  I noticed yesterday when I typed my expansion for 4th-5th webspace (45ws), I actually got a rush- my heart sped up and I felt like "gee that was fun!"  I have a few more that just make my fingers feel good and get a kick out of using.  I'm not a newbie - I've been doing this for twenty years.  Do I just lilke my work too much?  It's these little things that make whole days of typing stuff ...

Am I Crazy Or Is The Suspend Option Gone On DSQ?
Mar 03, 2010

My next job is a stat and I only see Upload, Abandon, Break and Split. ...

MS Updates Doing Crazy Things..HELP
May 28, 2010

My computer is experiencing weird things lately.  I dont know what to do.  One night I went to bed and everything was fine...it was "updating".  I get up the next day, sit down to work and my word2003 is different now.  Another time, i.e. last Sunday, went to be, get up next morning and my Stedmans is completely NOT working...had to reinstall and according to Stedmans, this happens with Microsoft updates.  Now this one is the weirdest of all.  I went to bed last nig ...

Could You Work A Crazy Schedule....
Jun 13, 2011

I chose my fate.  When I started my job, I wanted hours that I could work when my kids are sleeping and that wouldn't interfere with the benefits of being a stay at home mom. I have a 5 year old and 1 year old, so working when they were in bed is pretty much a necessity.  I finish at midnight and then am back on at 5 am.  How crazy is that?  I am handling it ok, but some days, I swear I could lay my head on my desk and go to sleep. I am thankful to my company for being ...

WORD HELP Driving Me Crazy!
Jul 13, 2012

I have a doctor who says this all the time:  Three views bilateral foot were obtained.  I always want to change it to bilateral feet.  Which is right foot or feet?   ...