A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question for leads - Has anyone else ever dealt with "Diva" MTs? - Bewildered Lead

Posted: Oct 29, 2009

A question for leads - has anyone else ever dealt with diva MTs?  You know, the type who (when their QA isn't so great) get personally offended when you do your job and point out their repeated errors?  The type who complain about not getting enough money but yet absolutely refuse to work over 8 hours to achieve just that when they just start out, and the type who complain about not enough work yet refuse to help out when the workflow is high on the weekend?  The type who, because they "did it that way at their other company" or "have done it that way for such and such years," etc., refuse to change anything to comply with the site specifics for an account?  The type who blame their lead when they screw up and get written up or terminated (due to excessive absences, bad QA, accidentally entering in the wrong patient in a report, one or all of these reasons, etc.), after you put your work and personal life on hold to hand-hold them for a longer-than-average 1 to 2-week 100% QA period because they don't "get it"?  Oh and I can't forget to mention the type who instead of investing time trying to learn an account platform, spend that very time complaining about the platform, when all other MTs on that account have decent production with no complaint?!

This crap is annoying to begin with, but in a severe recession this petty childish whining is plain pointless.  Everyone should just be grateful to have jobs, especially new MTs to a company.  Where have all the good MTs gone?!?!?!  And yes I know I probably have grammar/punctuation errors in this, as I'm typing on a Blackberry, so the trolls and divas shouldn't waste their time pointing that out. 

RE: DIVA MT'S - Underworked/Overpaid

[ In Reply To ..]
You seem to have a generalized contempt for MT's in general. You say they should be grateful to have jobs? Well YOU SHOULD ALSO BE GRATEFUL THAT THE MT'S HAVE JOBS ... THEY ARE YOUR BREAD & BUTTER, SWEETIE. The vast majority of MTs are hard-working, quality-conscious employees. And why shouldn't they complain about lack of work? YOU get paid by the hour/week. Or having to work 8+ hours. Well, maybe the have a life or other responsibilities. And yet YOU complain about putting your personal life on hold to hand-hold them? Is your time any more valuable than hers/his? All you "Leads" need to get off of your high horses.

I have no contempt! - Lead

[ In Reply To ..]
OMG. I have no contempt for hardworking MTs with good QA who don't gripe about everything under the sun. I agree with your assessment that most MTs are hard-working and quality-conscious. Training and hand-holding are two different things. I have contempt for the ones who are ALWAYS complaining about everything, blame others when their QA stinks, and gripe about production yet refuse to help out during backlogs.

Overpaid and underworked??? other way around - Overworked underpaid

[ In Reply To ..]
Most leads are not "overpaid and underworked." As a matter of fact, leads are overworked way more than other MTs. As for other responsibilities, work IS a big responsibility. Don't get all mad because you just don't have the stuff to be one.

uw/up - par

[ In Reply To ..]
WOO HOO, go girl! I don't want to have to work more than 8 hours a day AND weekends. Every MT I know works hard and like you said is very quality-conscious and very experienced. Remember the days before there were QA and "leads"? When we were respected because our work was recognized as important? sigh...

I never said - Bewildered

[ In Reply To ..]
I never said most MTs weren't hard-working and quality-conscious, or that they were not respected. QA is necessary for patient care and leads monitor TAT, QA and workflow. Leads are the ones screamed at because an MT doesn't show up for their shift without calling, if a particular MT pulls up the wrong patient, if the report is chock full of errors, etc. Not to mention TAT.

I'm saying I'm tired of the sorry ones.
Sounds like you aren't cut out to be a lead. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Sounds like you don't like the truth - Lead
[ In Reply To ..]
x
PLEASE post the name of the company - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
you work for if you feel so justified to be saying this garbage. I'm sure they'd love to know how their lead is behaving.
It's not garbage if it's the truth - Not the only lead who feels this way
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Sounds like you are defending... - Lead
[ In Reply To ..]
those MTs who don't show up for their shift and have bad QA.
It sounds like YOU are defending something worse: - BULLYING.
[ In Reply To ..]
Bullying and telling the truth are not the same.. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Ain't WHAT you say, as much as HOW you say it. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

AMEN. - Agree

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I've never seen a "diva" MT, but rest assured, - "diva" QA-people are dime-a-dozen.

[ In Reply To ..]
In fact, I think diva-nesss one of the requirments to being a QA.

In today's sweatshop MTSO climate, and the - anger most if not all MTs are feeling -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
nowadays, if I were a lead, a supe, a QA, a CEO, or another sort of suit, there's no way I would go on an MT forum at all, let alone go on an MT forum and admit I was the Enemy.

Not all leads are like that, see my above post - KS Lead

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm a lead and I would NOT post that garbage the other person did. I'm an MT too! So are the other leads, and that swelled-head mentality of hers is an insult to us all.

Where have all the flowers gone? - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
Good MTs are flowers, right? Many have retired if able to. Many have gone back to hospital work. Many of us have gone part-time. Many are looking for other work. Most of us are tired of being the Rodney Dangerfields of the medical field.

You are so right! (SM) - Long-time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I loved your comparing us to Rodney Dangerfield. I never thought of it that way, but damn you are right. We don't get any respect.

Many years ago I had the choice to either take a program to become a medical "secretary" or a program to become a legal secretary. It was the medical course hands down. I thought legal was boring but loved anything having to do with anatomy and physiology, biology, just fascinated with it. Over the years I've had several friends who were legal secretaries or paralegals. They always made significantly more money than I did. I know, I know. I would have found it boring, but....a friend of mine who is 49 just got a job with a group of attorneys making $60/hr! She's considered employee status with excellent health care (paid for by the firm), annual bus pass (paid for by the firm), gym membership (paid for by the firm), and 3 weeks of vacation a year. I might be able to stand being that bored....you know?

I need that job - Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
What does your friend do that makes $60 dph?

Thanks

bewildered? - ml

[ In Reply To ..]
OMG! So, you admit that the average MT can't make money unless we work over 8 hours a day PLUS weekends?! I'm glad that you as a "lead" recognize that an MT isn't making what they deserve to and admit that unless we are willing to work, what? 10, 12 hours a day, 7 days a week...

As far as "diva", those MT's are probably the ones with the most experience and probably do know what they're doing!!

Another thing, the ADT crap is generally incorrect if the DOCTOR gives incorrect information. That's not an MT error. Maybe if the platforms and account specific info quits chaning we can keep up with it. You sound absolutely clueless.

Check the postings! See how many of us have complaints about the so called "experienced" QA people who give BS corrections. MT's are the reason YOU have a job! How about that!

Arrogant, much?! - Pointing out obvious

[ In Reply To ..]
Me, clueless? Have you been a lead for 5 years? Just because one has experience doesn't mean site specifics and company policy do not apply to them. I'm referring to the ones who refuse to follow company rules and do things their own way because they think they know everything. If the doc dictates a patient name and #, and the MT enters in the wrong information, that is MT error. MTs who know what they are doing, with good QA and reliability, and aren't too good to follow company/site rules are the reason I have a job!!! How about that, miss diva?

I've been a lead, and I would never post what you posted in the OP. - How unprofessional.

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Telling the truth is NOT unprofessional - Lead
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, some leads just blindly tolerate bad QA, unreliability and some MTs on their account thinking company rules do not apply to them. Perhaps that's why you have been a lead and are not still a lead. GOOD MTs are the reason I have a job.
What a clueless thing to say. - How unprofessional.
[ In Reply To ..]
You assume I'm not a lead anymore because of reasons you've pulled out of a hat, knowing nothing more about me than that I called you on making an unprofessional post... Wow. I'm feeling truly sorry for the MTs you 'lead'.
"I've been a lead," you said - Lead
[ In Reply To ..]
This thread reminds me of a saying I heard, something about people like the ones who tell them what they want to hear but get mad at the ones who tell the truth. Well, I'm telling the truth about unreliable people who don't show up for their shift, take it personally when you offer constructive criticism, complain about running out of work yet disappear when there is a backlog. Need I say more?
I think Tired&CrankyMT below has said everything - that needs to be said on this subject.
[ In Reply To ..]
She hits the nail on the head.
No she apparently is an "above the rules" herself - duh
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
SURE it is, if it's told in an a$$inine way........... - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Pot kettle black? - Hmmm
[ In Reply To ..]
I suppose the dollar sign indicates you consider leads greedy people. Says a lot.
Also been a lead - advice
[ In Reply To ..]
As a lead, it would be your job to weed out such team members by documenting such behavior and giving corrective action if such behavior was against company policy or going to your supervisor for additional guidance. Those types of team members eventually leave on their own anyway after they don't get their way.
Agreed, and that's what I do; - Lead
[ In Reply To ..]
I should have known better to come on this board and ask if other leads have dealt with the same type. With the exception of yours and one other post, all these MTs come out of the woodwork and start lead-bashing.
But isn't it easier just to come on a message board & call them names? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

lead - radioflyer

[ In Reply To ..]
This contentious quarreling among supposed peers is very telling of the state of affairs in the modern companys. What a sad, sad time that it has come to this. What happened to unity and compromise? Helping out? The ability to take and receive constructive criticism? Guess those days are over. Now begins the era of VH1 diva cat-fights and name calling, people who forsake their dignity to get the last word in. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG! ;)
Amen! Finally someone who agrees! - Lead
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much for the dose of common sense on here.
Uh, I don't think she's agreeing with you. I think - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
she's suggesting we all get along, not fight on these boards, and not post flamebait posts like the OP......
That wasn't meant as flamebait - Lead
[ In Reply To ..]
I was curious

Where have all the good companies gone? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You know, the ones who pay a decent wage for quality and experience... Oh yeah, they decided the cheap Indians and cheap newbies are better for their profit margin. You get what you pay for.

I have to agree with you there - Lead

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I would definitely agree with that one.

Bewildered Lead, your post made me laugh. - Tired&CrankyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
All you have shown me with your post is that you don̢۪t want to have to work THAT HARD doing your job as a lead to get an MT trained.

You complain/question the Diva MT as she whines about her job being too hard, but at the same time, you, in a pseudo-managerial position as a lead, are doing the exact same thing, as well as displaying your total lack of professionalism and your own inability to get that MT properly trained.

"Hand holding" new hires through training and full QA is in your job description. Shut your trap, do your job or quit. Those are your options, Ms. Diva Lead.

You shut your trap diva - Lead

[ In Reply To ..]
As I said over and again, the majority of the MTs I have trained have gone off without a hitch. The ones who refuse to think for themselves after a month I'm referring to. I'm asking other leads if they have experienced MTs that are NEVER happy with anything. Oh and not to mention the ones who miss 10 days of work in two months. I've been a lead for 5 years and never received any complaints about my skills/work.

Either do YOUR job correctly or quit. Quit getting mad when receiving constructive criticism and quit blaming others for your screwups.

Diva MTs - gourdpainter

[ In Reply To ..]
These posts reminded me of an MT under my supervision maybe 10 years ago. She was an excellent MT, fast and accurate WHEN SHE BOTHERED TO WORK. Her grandmother died at least 5 times and the best of all was when she couldn't work because the dog had eatten her dentures. LOLLOLLOL One thing, a lead or supervisor has to have a huge sense of humor for starters. Of course that was back in the days when MTs weren't a dime a dozen and the leads/sups had to put up with a LOT just to get the work turned out.
I think that was the type the original poster was talking about - my 2 cents
[ In Reply To ..]
I think that type of MT was what the original poster was referring to, yet all the other MTs seemed to attack her (or him) for pointing that out.

Completely agree! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Are you and Cranky the ones.... - Lead

[ In Reply To ..]
with 95% or below QA, the one who calls in sick 10 times in 3 months, or the one who goes ballistic when I point out that you put the wrong patient name/#, wrong order #, or wrong doctor in a report when it's clearly dictated? Or perhaps the one who has been on 100% QA for over a month and still has repeated mistakes? It's hard to tell by your post.

Sounds like Tired&Cranky is one of the Divas the original post was talking about, LOL
Who do you work for? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I'd like to know so I can avoid it like the plague.
Somewhere QA and Reliability matters - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I wouldn't necessarily avoid that company - gourdpainter
[ In Reply To ..]
I would not tolerate nickpicking but if I made a legitimate mistake (as we all do), being a conscientious person, I would certainly like to be informed. I never stopped learning up to the day I quit. My favorite supe was at the old Lanier Professional Services. With a consistent 99-100% Q.A. I once made a mistake that made my face turn bloody red. I called the Q.A. person to express how horrible I felt for being so STUPID. She laughed and said, "we all make mistakes." But then she was one of the "old timers" who had done her time on a keyboard.
I'd sure as heck avoid a company that finds its lead - personnel in sewers and under rocks.
[ In Reply To ..]

Tired&CrankyMoron is more like it - Seriously

[ In Reply To ..]
All you have shown everyone with your post is that it struck a nerve with you, possibly because you may be one of the lightweight whiny MTs with bad QA and unreliability issues yourself.

You sound jealous because you probably just simply couldn't make it as a lead. Hand-holding and training are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

Your options? Get over yourself. I do my job, unlike you. If you were not one of the lightweights and whiners, my post would not have set off such a response now would it??

Perhaps you're one of the ones who thinks they are above the rules.

My crystal ball tells me the diva QA most likely wont - be employed for very long........

[ In Reply To ..]

Divas - IC MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe so, maybe not. Perhaps the people who pull no-shows and make the same repeated errors over and again will not be employed for long. I've never been a lead but at my old job, I had to pick up the slack of MTs who pulled no-shows or gave little notice they would be out. That was fine at first but then I found more than half my day was spent playing clean-up of other MTs' accounts. I guess word got around that I was "Miss Nice."

I didn't stay employed long there, because I quit. That was my last job where I put up with garbage from the lazy ones.

Diva MTs- you knew you would open a can of worms with this statement. nm - choctaw

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I think that was the whole point.... - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

you have my sympathy; however, - gourdpainter

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm just curious as to whether you take the time to tell those MTs who do a good job and otherwise make your job easy (assuming you have any and you probably do) that they are doing a wonderful job and you appreciate them?

Yes, and as a matter of fact - Lead

[ In Reply To ..]
I do, very much so let the great ones know I value them. The more you deal with slackers, the more you seem to value the ones who are not.

re: as a matter of fact - Elvis

[ In Reply To ..]
Speaking of SLACKERS... you seem to have an awful lot of time on your hands as you are apparently babysitting this board with your rapid-fire responses! HAHAHA!
Hmm...You seem... - Pot kettle black
[ In Reply To ..]
to be doing the same perhaps? Sorry hon, try harder.
No kidding, that's what I was thinking! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Slackers, speaking of - observer
[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps the other poster works 3rd shift? Just a thought.

Well then, kudos to ya s/m - gourdpainter

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been on both sides of the fence but for the past 8-10 years I preferred to just be a good MT. No problems with dependability or quality. Whichever company I worked for rarely heard from me and I rarely heard from them unless they were asking me to cover for another MT such as what you outlined in your post. Never in those years did I ever get a personal email or a phone call (and this spanned several different companies) telling me I was appreciated or that I was doing a good job. For the most part I felt as though I was just a number. This is possibly only partially true as even when I worked for the "Q" on the very rare occasions when I would call the office for tech support they always at least seemed to know who I was and which account I worked on but that was maybe about 8 years ago so I have no idea how they are now.

As to where the good MTs have gone, I imagine most of the best of the best have retired or moved on to a job that is less demeaning.
Why do you have to be told you are good,appreciated, given kudos? - Wondering
[ In Reply To ..]
I do not fall into the category of getting bad feedback from QA and I don̢۪t give a horse's behind to have someone pat me on the head telling me what a good job I do. I work, pay me my money and let it be.
I hope you aren't a lead n/m - gourdpainter
[ In Reply To ..]
x
No, I am not a lead, owner, but - Why
[ In Reply To ..]
I don̢۪t see the need for anyone to tell me I am good at what I do. You give praise to kids to get them to do what you want. Grownups should be able to work and not have to sit around waiting for praise. My pay is my praise. QA does not bother me 1 way or the other. If they breathed down my neck all the time, would find another line of work.
Owner, huh? - gourdpainter
[ In Reply To ..]
If you are an owner that is even worse. Those who provide you with your "pay" as "praise" and you don't even see a need to let them know you appreciate them?? Definitely a company I would avoid like the plague. At least honest, I guess, not many MTSOs would blatantly publically disregard the contribution of their employees. However, if you were paying a DECENT line rate and appropriate raises then I would consider that "praise" enough.
NOT OWNER, NOT LEAD AND NOT RETIRED - Why
[ In Reply To ..]
I don̢۪t have to have appreciation from my employer. I work for a company. I am not retired as others are on here. I have a decent income and are not dependent on other's income for my livelihood. No one works for me.

As much as you are all chewing her butt off - sm - XXX

[ In Reply To ..]
can you see her point? There are lazy and not to bright MTs out there, just as there are lazy and not too bright people in every profession. I am not a lead or QA, though I do train the odd MT now and then and QA them. I had a MT a last year, she was comma crazy, put 2 or 3 in just about every sentence. This particular doctor did not want a lot of commas, I emailed her to cut back and that most of her commas were unnecessary. She quit on the spot saying that was her way, that she had 30+ years experience and that was how she always did it. My boss talked her into staying and I just kept my mouth shut after that. This MT did not want to hear any criticism, it was her way or no way basically. She has since quit as you just could not tell her that she did anything wrong without her having a cow. She is not the only one I have run into wtih this attitude that had a long career in MT. I only have 9 years of very varied experience but am very good at what I do, and if I do something wrong I want to know so I can fix it. I have also trained newbies as well, most are very receptive to my corrections, though some take a lot longer to learn, certainly more than 2 weeks, more like 2 months, and some never cut the mustard, needless to say they don't last long. But it is frustrating to send the same corrections over and over again, as they are either ignoring you, not writing it down/keeping track of what they need to fix, or just plain don't care.

Finally, Someone who sees my point. Thanks much! - Lead

[ In Reply To ..]
This is exactly (to a T) the type of MT I referred to in my original post. It's a sad day in MTville when you get crucified for pointing out those facts. Only MTs who are responsible for others' work as well as their own would understand fully what I'm saying. Bad TAT stats, MTs who are not reliable/no-shows, bad quality of work, etc. are part of what make companies lose accounts. If doing my job offends a few slackers, then so be it.

So let me get this straight: Its OK for you to make - mistakes on your blackberry, but

[ In Reply To ..]
an MT putting the wrong pt. name in because maybe, just MAYBE, that's how it's been entered into the system, is somehow the spawn of Satan.

Your post is beyond arrogant, it's pathetically out-of-touch with the very people you're supposed to be "leading".

Is this a troll post?! - ?

[ In Reply To ..]
What?! That is like a guaranteed-firing and patient care issue. You can't be serious. If you defend that I pity you.

No. Is YOURS? - ???

[ In Reply To ..]
???
It was an honest question - Lead
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Very little of what leads say these days is honest. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Bad apples don't mean bad bushels - Red Apple
[ In Reply To ..]
that all leads are being judged based on the occasional bad lead or by the nutjob posting above. And yes, "Bewildered Lead" is not lead material, obviously, and needs to get another type of job. But not all leads are mean, power-hungry people. There are some dishonest people in every profession. Please everyone don't let the bad apples spoil the MT bushel!
But, if you don't quickly remove the bad apple, its - disease can contaminate the others.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Agree. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Give them enough rope to hang themselves. - Quick and Painless

[ In Reply To ..]
If you give them feedback and clearly tell them what you need, and they refuse or cannot do it because of a poor skill set, then make sure and do corrective or performance management until they are out the door. There are too many MTs out there who are conscientious about their work and realize that they are not in business for themselves. Working for a company, one must do as the company who is paying instructs. Too many others wanting a job and will do it like you want it done.

Exactly. - Lead

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

"Exactly" what you may be doing to yourself right now. - Tick, tock.

[ In Reply To ..]
n
Why? - ?
[ In Reply To ..]
Why do people say that about posters they don't agree with? Seriously we're just a bunch of anonymous people here. Ms. "Bewildered lead" sounds like the type that will sooner or later lose her temper and mouth off to the wrong person.
She probably already attacked the wrong person - at work one time to many. -sm
[ In Reply To ..]
She's probably on this board dissing all the MTs because she got on her subordinates' nerves one time too many at work, and is out of a job. She probably has nothing more constructive to do. If she were MY lead, I'd be doing everything possible to get her @$$ fired.

Wow. Pretty harsh. (sm) - mtmtmtmtmtmtmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Let me address the last paragraph of your "complaint." The good MTs have left - or at least most of them have.

Recession or not, it does not change what is happening to this field. Platforms still suck in a recession. QA stating that things should be one way and then changing their minds happens despite a recession. New MTs are taught to follow BOS and when they come in and do it for real, things suddenly change and everything they spent the last year or 2 learning is flushed down the toilet. Give them a friggin break. This happens despite a recession.

You know what? Some of the platforms out there are pretty useless and very time consuming for the MT, so if you don't like that you have teach someone to use this platform (that you have probably been running for years and know inside and out) then maybe you should find a different job.

Obviously you do not have the empathy to realize that these new graduates are coming in to a field with a lot of controversy right now, trying to support their families, worrying about proper spelling of medical terminology and medications (in a time of recession), and here you are worrying about account platforms. Give them a break! We were all where they were at one time.

You need to get off your high horse and be grateful you have anyone working for you at all with the way things are in this field.

You need to realize that on the other side of that transcription you just received is a real, live, living and breathing person trying to support themselves and their families, in a recession. The sooner you come to this understanding, the better off you will be.

Also, I am so sick of people using this recession as an excuse to treat people even worse. I am sure that if you keep complaining like this, you will get fired and end up where we are and then you would have to be grateful to even have a job. Just be careful of how you treat people, because it WILL come back on you, recession or not!

Geez, talk about a diva!

You must be the type I was referring to - Lead

[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds to me you're the diva. The thing is, I do NOT work with recent grads but MTs with at least 5 years of experience, MTs you expect to be dependable and have quality work, NOT call in sick 10 times in two months, make dumb mistakes like "uterus fracture" instead of "humerus fracture," etc. It seems that you like to blame QA for your own screwups. As far as platforms go, as an MT I suck it up and make the most of it. If YOU take it personal when YOU have careless errors in a report and blame the QA person, maybe YOU should find a different kind of job! I'm telling the truth here. You and I both know the type of MT I'm talking about here. Training isn't a problem for me until I get someone who after three months is still on 100% QA. If you defend that type of MT and bash the lead who thinks that's excessive, it says volumes about the type of MT you are.

And no I don't treat anyone "badly." The MTs who are reliable, care about their work, and put forth an honest effort consider me their favorite lead.

Be careful of how you unfairly attack a lead who dares tell the truth, because it WILL come back on you!!

No, honey, I am not the type you are referring to (sm) - mtmtmtmtmtmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been in this business for almost 14 years now and produce excellent quality reports.

Also, just to note that in your post you never said anything about having to have someone on QA for 3 months, and that is not what I was referring to. I believe the time limit you gave was 1 to 2 weeks. So, lets make that perfectly clear.

Also, you would never know that you did not treat anyone "badly" by what is written in your post. If somone cannot get off QA within a month, then yes, they should move on, but to complain about someone making mistakes because of platform problems, when that is the only thing holding them back is use of the platform, then you should spend some time with them using the platform WITH them.

Also, I have never, ever blamed QA for MY screw-ups. I know who transcribed the report and take full responsibility for anything and everything I do.

I also ALWAYS worked when I was sick and have not had a vacation in all of the years I have been in this profession, have worked various shifts, weekends, holidays. So again, I am not the "type" of transcriptionist you are referring to.

Calm down there honey.

Job Stress - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I take everything to heart. If I make a mistake, I'm the first one to tell myself it was stupid. I hate not knowing a word or procedure and often get myself in trouble for taking too long to try and find it. And I apologize for my mistakes. I'm sure it's my low self esteem or maybe it's my generation. I don't know. You ask where all the good MTs have gone? We'll a lot of us who have been in the business for 10, 20 or more years are just getting fed up and looking for other careers. When I did hospital MT, we were treated like queens (well, the coders were the queens, we were one step below, LOL). I miss those days. Now we're faceless people who are threatened not to send too much to QA (over a certain percentage) but we still have to be accurate above a certain percentage and some of us get conflicting information from our QAs and we still have to put out a certain amount of lines. It's really confusing when one QA says to put a hyphen here and another says not to. We do get conflicting information. Unfortunately, there are going to be "I can do no wrong" people in every job - MTs *and* QAs.

I'm not saying this to be mean - but if the job is frustrating you that badly, perhaps it's time to move on to something else. I was at a job where I was a few months shy of getting 19 days vacation when I left. I have never worked with a group of more vicious, nasty, back-stabbing women in my life and I was having chest pain and stomach burning every day I walked into that office. My health, both physical and mental, was just not worth it. Now, if I get something that frustrates me, I have a couple of pugs who are always willing to have their ears scratched for a minute or two until I feel better. Most of my life, I've let myself get stressed too easily and one of my dear friends has told me countless times that nothing matters that much until they're shoveling dirt in your face.

Wow, sure don't want to go to that company. Please say which one. - darlene

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm serious, company names are allowed on this board. Obviously you do not like your job, have no respect at all, probably for anybody and surely not MTs. Provide the name so we don't have to "bother you," No recrimations, no backlash, just so we don't work together, that is only fair. No sense wasting each others time.

You need psychiatric help - Fuller

[ In Reply To ..]
You seriously need to calm down and re-examine yourself. Your rant says more about you personally than it says about the people you work with. Why are you really so mad?? If you don't want to deal with those things then don't be a lead. Simple as that. No MT (or any human being for that matter) is perfect, including you. There's no halo over your head either!

"Diva" MTs reply - wl

[ In Reply To ..]
You probably should not be doing QA. Sounds like you are a Diva too. You should take your own advice and be grateful.

Nope, - Lead

[ In Reply To ..]
just sick and tired of the occasional MTs who take it personal when gross mistakes are pointed out, are no-shows for their shift and wonder why they get written up, etc. I'm a lead - QA is not 100% of what I do. Whoever is not a lead do not know how much more we work than you MTs.

I AM GRATEFUL for my job. Those MTs who aren't and show it by having the "I've done it such and such years that way, so the rules don't apply to me," "Sorry for not calling about being absent, I just forgot," "Sorry about that, I just forgot to use spellcheck," etc. are the ones I'm referring to. If you are one of those MTs then my post would understandably strike a nerve.

We don't become leads by being slackers. We're the rare ones who don't mind going the extra mile.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Dealt With Tschida Recruiting Before? Looks Like A Placement Service You Have To Pay For. NM
Apr 02, 2013

. ...

Diva Transcription
Jan 08, 2011

Does anyone have any info on Diva Transcription? It's a smaller company, but I'm hoping someone can answer. Thanks! ...

Op Note Diva?
Jul 19, 2011

Did anyone see the ad this morning for an op note diva?  Where did it go? ...

Calling Macro Diva
Sep 29, 2013

Just wondering if it's okay/possible to put my "Call" macros back towards the end of General_Macro? And if so, where?  I tried moving them to just before End Sub and also before Page 1:Selection..., but those locations didn't work.  I'm getting an occasional errant "g" or "L" (apparently related to the GramLiter macro) at the very beginning of my VR text when I run it now, which I didn't have at all before when the "called' macros were at the end.  Was part of the fix ...

Paging Macro Diva
Jan 19, 2014

Would enjoy talking with Macro Diva about all things macro!  I've written one big macro with which I preprocess virtually all of my transcribed documents.  First, it identifies the document template type, e.g., office note, letter, hospital discharge, echocardiogram, PV study, etc.  It then displays a dialog box with drop-down lists from which I select the ordering physician, dictating physician, date of study, date dictated. etc.  (The date of transcription is, of ...

Calling On Macro Diva Again, If You're Still About.
May 15, 2014

I don't know where to begin with trying to record a macro for this need myself.  On my main account, we're required to list meds without any following punctuation, but due to other MTSOs also subbing on it (who apparently don't have any specs or just don't have to follow the same specs we do), the lists invariably come through on VR with totally inconsistent punctuation.  Such as this: MEDICATIONS:Ativan,ZofranDexamethasone.DiltiazemLanoxin. But should be this: M ...

To The Leads Complaining About MTs
Oct 29, 2009

Did you post here to stir up trouble?  Are you bored?  You certainly knew this criticism would stir up nasty posts.  Seems to me you are displaying the very attitude that MTs complain about with QA.  Quite a power trip you are on there.  This also caused very low morale and worth ethics.  MTs would rather send an error to the client than a blank to QA.  How sad.  Yes, there are slacker MTs.  We all know that, just as there are people in QA positions w ...

EKG Reciprocal Changes In Leads II And AVF
Nov 02, 2009

There were reciprocal changes in leads II and aVF.  s/l cure restoration was normal. ...

WHY IS IT THAT LEADS ARE PERMITTED TO
Nov 29, 2009

manipulate MTs' work queues any way that suits them, just because they can? They know just which jobs are crap & which are at least doable or that 1 in 10 pretty good dictator, and no sooner does an MT download a job that's at least understandable/doable, these low-lives snatch up that job for themselves or 1 of their friends as soon as the MT gets it in his/her queue? Too many of these fair-haired leads are coddled by management and virtually have a free hand in manipulating work flow ...

Wonder If CCMs And QA Leads Got A Pay Cut Also
Jul 11, 2011

They make so much more and when there is no work, I dont see them getting minimum wage for 15 minutes and have to make up their time.   Hey MQ.. why not start trimming the HUGE amount of fat from the multiple overpaid and underworked management staff????  ...

Team Leads/QA/QC
Nov 01, 2012

NOBODY IS AVAILABLE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTION YOU MAY HAVE.  All the sudden no matter who is "on" always has a busy notice up on their status.  How frustrating is this when you work on an account where seems like every other crappy speaker wants things done their way, which contradicts everything else and ultimately makes no sense.  But do you think that anybody would be available to answer a question H NO!!!  All their "changes" to make things better are only making things wors ...

EKG Readings - ST Changes Or STT Changes In The Inferior Leads?
Oct 23, 2009

On EKG readings is the correct term ST changes or STT changes in the inferior leads? On one dictation I hear STT on another I hear ST.   TIA! ...

Transcend Team Leads???
Jul 14, 2010

Is anyone having issues with Transcend Team leads? ...

Hey-Team Leads--Listen Up!
Oct 17, 2010

Ok Team Leads: We all know that you are busy and we all know that you answer countless e-mails a day, but guess what??  That  is the job that you chose and you knew that you would have to take this on.  I am not just a robot who deserves short, snotty comments when asking a question pertaining to my job.  You may e-mail but the tone and shortness can be heard when reading the e-mail.  We are human beings that deserve a descent answer.  I'm not saying you have ...

Team Leads At Nuance
Jul 12, 2012

Can someone tell me are the team leads still USA born or is that going to India also? Thank you. ...

Hey Team Leads...a Question For You.
Nov 15, 2012

Who has the the insane job of deciding on changes in the account specifics?  Not the important ones.  I am talking about the stupid little sneaky ones that are just put in place to trap us into not making our bonus.  Like "whenever Dr. Hindibubbula clears his throat, it is because he doesn't know what the word is so your have to look it up."  (This is just an example, but I am sure you get the picture.)  Here is a specific for you----get a real job instead of a job ...

TEAM LEADS THAT ARE NOT EVEN HOME OR AVAILABLE
Mar 08, 2013

Don't you just love it when you need something from a so-called Team Lead that shows available, but isn't answering their phone or IM? What milkers they are!! Get paid for running around doing their own thing!! ...

Team Leads MIA When No Work?
Apr 16, 2014

Is anyone else having trouble getting a response when there is no work? All of the people I am supposed to contact in an OOW situation seem to have mysteriously disappeared? No answers to my emails, none of them on Spark. ...

NTS Team Leads Not Reading Emails.
Apr 30, 2012

I have the same old complaint----my team lead and her sidekide "SUPER QC" not answering their emails.  Only this time, I actually got a response (2 days later, but at least I got one this time).  I was intrigued and surprised....until I read the email.  It seems she did not even read it.  I was asking her an account specifics question because one QC corrected me for doing something one way, so I did it her way and got corrected by another QC.....same pay period, no bonus.&nbs ...

Nuance Team Leads Leaving
Jun 04, 2013

Anybody heard this?  3 TLs left abruptly?  ...

Searching For New Career Idea-What Type Of Course Leads To This?
Apr 27, 2013

I've been noticing available jobs that have various but similar titles, but basically the function is as described in the link.  I think I'd really enjoy doing this, but I'm not sure what to study (some sort of medical office program?) .  Ideally, I need to take a course online if there's something decent, but I'm enrolled at the technical college in my home town for fall, so I could go that way.  In looking at what they offer, though, nothing seems like i ...

Whatever Happened To The Days When You Could Respect Your Team Leads And Your Bosses?
Nov 12, 2010

No one "leads" anymore, they just direct traffic.  I can remember when the "leaders" used to help their employees so they could get a better line count, get through the hard dictators, or just do whatever was in their power to be encouraging.  Now it seems they just use their positions to grab the good jobs that have good dictators or normal dictations like the ops, collect their pay and act like you are a total burden if you need help.   I can assure you it is not encouragin ...

Who On Earth Hires These Hair-brained Team Leads?
Jan 04, 2014

Every single team lead I have ever had has been a dim-witted numbskull. How the heck can they get these jobs? ...

Dang You Team Leads, Quit Siphoning Off Good Reports Before I Get
Jan 15, 2015

Ashamed of yourself, and your supervisor should be fired for permitting it. ...

Furious. Why Tattle To Your Superior That An MT Is A No Show - Clueless IMedX Leads
Mar 31, 2015

if there is NO WORK on the system?!  How can an MT sign on and work with no jobs available?! Dear leads, quit tattling to your boss that MTs are no-shows if there is no work on the system.  Have any other MTs had this happen to them? Dear bosses of leads, please do some research before scolding an MT for being a "no show."  There just might be a reason nobody is clocking in.  Why pay someone on the clock when they can't work? ...

Is Anyone As Tired Of The Routine "thank You For Every Thing You Do" That These Team Leads
Dec 04, 2010

tack into their signature blocks but never mean a word of it?   What happened to the old team leads who actually cared about their teams and had them working as a team, not pitting one against another?  How long has it been since you have actually had a call from your team lead or manager just asking how you are doing?   These witches are just in it for the money but they do not care about the accounts nor those of us they consider low lifes that get the work done for th ...

"Listening Leads To Inspiring Careers."
Jun 02, 2011

That's what I found MQ advertising while I went searching for another job.  Just what does it mean though?  They certainly aren't listening to us.  Are we supposed to be listening to their innuendos of salary cuts, unattainable demands, losing our jobs to India to understand and get inspired to find another career?  Who comes up with this double-talk anyway?  Probably the same person that writes our corporate e-mails. ...

Imedx Leads Do Not "Cherry Pick"
Feb 12, 2015

Cherry pickin could be found out with a simple run of the software, so leads do not do this. We want to do this, but we dont. There are times we'd sure like to give the snails a bunch of ickies based on their never ending complaints and irregularity. ...

"PAKS" Probe & "NIM" Leads - S/m
Jun 24, 2014

Spinal surgery - DLIF.   "The patient was in the supine position when the (sounds like "NIM"; it's clearly NOT "limb") leads were all placed for monitoring of lower extremity neurologic status.   "The PAKS probe (he spells it) was placed on the lateral aspect of the disk and, under fluoroscopy, was noted to be in appropriate position."   I can't find anything for either of these.  Any/all help (with references, please!) appreciated.  Thanks :)&nbs ...