A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WHY IS IT THAT LEADS ARE PERMITTED TO - sm

Posted: Nov 29, 2009

manipulate MTs' work queues any way that suits them, just because they can? They know just which jobs are crap & which are at least doable or that 1 in 10 pretty good dictator, and no sooner does an MT download a job that's at least understandable/doable, these low-lives snatch up that job for themselves or 1 of their friends as soon as the MT gets it in his/her queue? Too many of these fair-haired leads are coddled by management and virtually have a free hand in manipulating work flow, have no sense of fair play, jeopardizing TAT to their own liking when work is (ideally) to flow NEXT MT GETS NEXT JOB, by priority. Just IMHO.

Couldn't agree more - Tina

[ In Reply To ..]
and that's why I left Transcend. The team leads and ROM seeming to have full control and do what they like with absolutely no accountability. I can't say they are all bad, but once the account I was on switched to BT and we had a new ROM and multiple team leads sharing accounts, favoritism was rampant. That's why I left. They straight out told me that I was expected to do the difficult dictators and could not change my schedule because I was so important to the account. As such, I was penalized for being a "good MT." The new MTs they brought on board after the switch had their choice of hours, days, and apparently docs. Best of luck to you in getting some kind of resolution. I sometimes wish I had complained more...not to my team leads or ROM but to upper management...instead of leaving. I just didn't think it would do any good and decided to jump off what I saw as a sinking ship before it took me down with it. Keep in mind, I was making half my normal pay due to the switch to VR. It was pretty much a cumulative effect that led me to resign.

MT leads have turned out business into a racket. - They all do it.

[ In Reply To ..]
When one MT makes significantly more lines than another, they should be put on a more difficult account since they are so good and even the curve. But it isn't that they are so good, it is because they are being allocated the best jobs, or the less liked MTs are being allocated the worst jobs. This happened at Spheris to us and cost of plenty of money not to mention the stress one experiences while typing at this job fully knowing that the playing field is not level - which makes for a miserable work day.

Just because a person has a college degree of some sort doesn't make them leadership quality. That they would do this, manipulate a person's jobs to determine their income, says they are not a leader at all but something in the category of "flim-flams." Morale sinks for the lower income MTs and alienates the favorite MTs so no one talks and guess? Your "Team" is no team at all, but a group battling for enough lines to keep their job.

You're so right!! - Also getting abused

[ In Reply To ..]
I also work in that same region and you are right on the nose with that one. This region is prone to favoritism and seems to have its own set of rules that may or may not be what transcend goes by. I have asked many times to transfer to another region or another job but I am too important to my account because I can do the nasty dictators, so I cannot get a recommendation from my ROM. This is not fair.

it affects the paycheck and your personal well-being, too. NM - mt

[ In Reply To ..]

Excuse me, but I love my lead - Not a special favorite

[ In Reply To ..]
She loves me back. Why?

Because there is one cardiologist no one will do and if they have to, there are 20+ blanks in a report. She assigns them to me because I don't have an issue and have no blanks either. Others will log out to avoid him, so if I have all of his work, everything flows better. Reverse cherry picking, but it benefits us all.

Because I will stick around to help clean up what no one else wants. Like the account with thickly accented ESLs for ALL the cardiologists, but I can do them and whip them right out.

Because there are 2 accounts on my team that no one wants to work on, but I will do them gladly.

Because when we are swamped, I will work an extra 6 hours (nothing else to do really) and whip out 2000 lines of edited text to keep us in TAT...and it is really nasty work too with a speech platform that is sub par, but I get along okay.

She helps me make a production bonus every single paycheck and I help keep her in TAT so the bosses think she is great.

Ohhh did I mention that when there is hard work versus easy work, I tell her to give me the harder stuff so that another MT can make easier money? I do that a lot. Why? Because when I need time off, those other MTs make it possible. It is called TEAM WORK.

Loves you because you're being dumped on - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Lead - Another thing

[ In Reply To ..]
Even though a doc is difficult, if you learn that doc and have his work repetitively you can make better money that if you have many docs.

That's actually called brown-nosing... - I love how you pat yourself on the back.

[ In Reply To ..]
My company does not tolerate cherry picking and I have one dictator that no one else seemed to want and I do him. I don't expect a bonus in return. I only expect to keep a good working relationship.

Cherry pickers whether reversed or not should be shunned!!!!!!!!!!! There should be no cherry picking. It is not fair to anyone and benefits absolutely no one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You might think you are doing yourself a favor, but it is very obvious your goal is to be a favorite or looked upon as some kind of hero!

Good for you! Not good for others who struggle!

having a work ethic is not brown-nosing - gee wiz

[ In Reply To ..]
a little heavy handed on that response, don't you think?
I've worked with martyr MTs before. They are snakes in the grass. - and if they miss a day...
[ In Reply To ..]
it is disasterous because they have eagerly taken the worst work and now it is there in the queue for the others to finally deal with. That leads to a backlog, of course. Or, as the one I worked with was good with, she saved the day by working tons of OT and making 60 grand a year at the same time as saving the rest of the MTs from having to deal with the lazy dictators. She would be there first thing and leave first thing. No one liked her really even the lead but she made herself indispensible as a martyr and after years is still at it. Morale on that team was dysfunctionally low as can be expected in those situations.

I am currently a lead and I have to say that I have sm - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
never done this and never will. I didn't start my career as a lead but as a hard-working MT just like you so I know how hard it is when you continue to get the bad dictators. I also know what it is like to be assigned more difficult dictators and have someone else take the easier ones.

I would say that not all leads pick and choose who gets what, there are some of us left with integrity and honesty. The only time I have ever assigned work is if I am called and told that a job needs to be done right away and if I am in the middle of a long report, I will assign to the MT who appears to be almost done with the report she/he is currently transcribing.

So, not all of us are "low-lives" but I do completely understand where you are coming from, and I do feel sympathy for you as well as outrage with you.

Kiki, I think we all know that - just wish there were more of you like long ago. SM - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
The majority in the industry now, tho, are unfortunately not like you anymore and, sadly, get away with it.

Similar Messages:

Am I Permitted To Work On Holidays?
Nov 28, 2013

Hey Nuancers: Am I permitted to work on holidays and my days off, if I am willing? I am a New Hire and I would like to work today, but my Team Leader is off until Saturday, and I can't find an employee handbook. 8] ...

To The Leads Complaining About MTs
Oct 29, 2009

Did you post here to stir up trouble?  Are you bored?  You certainly knew this criticism would stir up nasty posts.  Seems to me you are displaying the very attitude that MTs complain about with QA.  Quite a power trip you are on there.  This also caused very low morale and worth ethics.  MTs would rather send an error to the client than a blank to QA.  How sad.  Yes, there are slacker MTs.  We all know that, just as there are people in QA positions w ...

EKG Reciprocal Changes In Leads II And AVF
Nov 02, 2009

There were reciprocal changes in leads II and aVF.  s/l cure restoration was normal. ...

Wonder If CCMs And QA Leads Got A Pay Cut Also
Jul 11, 2011

They make so much more and when there is no work, I dont see them getting minimum wage for 15 minutes and have to make up their time.   Hey MQ.. why not start trimming the HUGE amount of fat from the multiple overpaid and underworked management staff????  ...

Team Leads/QA/QC
Nov 01, 2012

NOBODY IS AVAILABLE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTION YOU MAY HAVE.  All the sudden no matter who is "on" always has a busy notice up on their status.  How frustrating is this when you work on an account where seems like every other crappy speaker wants things done their way, which contradicts everything else and ultimately makes no sense.  But do you think that anybody would be available to answer a question H NO!!!  All their "changes" to make things better are only making things wors ...

EKG Readings - ST Changes Or STT Changes In The Inferior Leads?
Oct 23, 2009

On EKG readings is the correct term ST changes or STT changes in the inferior leads? On one dictation I hear STT on another I hear ST.   TIA! ...

Transcend Team Leads???
Jul 14, 2010

Is anyone having issues with Transcend Team leads? ...

Hey-Team Leads--Listen Up!
Oct 17, 2010

Ok Team Leads: We all know that you are busy and we all know that you answer countless e-mails a day, but guess what??  That  is the job that you chose and you knew that you would have to take this on.  I am not just a robot who deserves short, snotty comments when asking a question pertaining to my job.  You may e-mail but the tone and shortness can be heard when reading the e-mail.  We are human beings that deserve a descent answer.  I'm not saying you have ...

Team Leads At Nuance
Jul 12, 2012

Can someone tell me are the team leads still USA born or is that going to India also? Thank you. ...

Hey Team Leads...a Question For You.
Nov 15, 2012

Who has the the insane job of deciding on changes in the account specifics?  Not the important ones.  I am talking about the stupid little sneaky ones that are just put in place to trap us into not making our bonus.  Like "whenever Dr. Hindibubbula clears his throat, it is because he doesn't know what the word is so your have to look it up."  (This is just an example, but I am sure you get the picture.)  Here is a specific for you----get a real job instead of a job ...

TEAM LEADS THAT ARE NOT EVEN HOME OR AVAILABLE
Mar 08, 2013

Don't you just love it when you need something from a so-called Team Lead that shows available, but isn't answering their phone or IM? What milkers they are!! Get paid for running around doing their own thing!! ...

Team Leads MIA When No Work?
Apr 16, 2014

Is anyone else having trouble getting a response when there is no work? All of the people I am supposed to contact in an OOW situation seem to have mysteriously disappeared? No answers to my emails, none of them on Spark. ...

NTS Team Leads Not Reading Emails.
Apr 30, 2012

I have the same old complaint----my team lead and her sidekide "SUPER QC" not answering their emails.  Only this time, I actually got a response (2 days later, but at least I got one this time).  I was intrigued and surprised....until I read the email.  It seems she did not even read it.  I was asking her an account specifics question because one QC corrected me for doing something one way, so I did it her way and got corrected by another QC.....same pay period, no bonus.&nbs ...

Nuance Team Leads Leaving
Jun 04, 2013

Anybody heard this?  3 TLs left abruptly?  ...

Searching For New Career Idea-What Type Of Course Leads To This?
Apr 27, 2013

I've been noticing available jobs that have various but similar titles, but basically the function is as described in the link.  I think I'd really enjoy doing this, but I'm not sure what to study (some sort of medical office program?) .  Ideally, I need to take a course online if there's something decent, but I'm enrolled at the technical college in my home town for fall, so I could go that way.  In looking at what they offer, though, nothing seems like i ...

Whatever Happened To The Days When You Could Respect Your Team Leads And Your Bosses?
Nov 12, 2010

No one "leads" anymore, they just direct traffic.  I can remember when the "leaders" used to help their employees so they could get a better line count, get through the hard dictators, or just do whatever was in their power to be encouraging.  Now it seems they just use their positions to grab the good jobs that have good dictators or normal dictations like the ops, collect their pay and act like you are a total burden if you need help.   I can assure you it is not encouragin ...

Who On Earth Hires These Hair-brained Team Leads?
Jan 04, 2014

Every single team lead I have ever had has been a dim-witted numbskull. How the heck can they get these jobs? ...

Dang You Team Leads, Quit Siphoning Off Good Reports Before I Get
Jan 15, 2015

Ashamed of yourself, and your supervisor should be fired for permitting it. ...

Furious. Why Tattle To Your Superior That An MT Is A No Show - Clueless IMedX Leads
Mar 31, 2015

if there is NO WORK on the system?!  How can an MT sign on and work with no jobs available?! Dear leads, quit tattling to your boss that MTs are no-shows if there is no work on the system.  Have any other MTs had this happen to them? Dear bosses of leads, please do some research before scolding an MT for being a "no show."  There just might be a reason nobody is clocking in.  Why pay someone on the clock when they can't work? ...

Is Anyone As Tired Of The Routine "thank You For Every Thing You Do" That These Team Leads
Dec 04, 2010

tack into their signature blocks but never mean a word of it?   What happened to the old team leads who actually cared about their teams and had them working as a team, not pitting one against another?  How long has it been since you have actually had a call from your team lead or manager just asking how you are doing?   These witches are just in it for the money but they do not care about the accounts nor those of us they consider low lifes that get the work done for th ...

Question For Leads - Has Anyone Else Ever Dealt With "Diva" MTs?
Oct 29, 2009

A question for leads - has anyone else ever dealt with diva MTs?  You know, the type who (when their QA isn't so great) get personally offended when you do your job and point out their repeated errors?  The type who complain about not getting enough money but yet absolutely refuse to work over 8 hours to achieve just that when they just start out, and the type who complain about not enough work yet refuse to help out when the workflow is high on the weekend?  The type who, be ...

"Listening Leads To Inspiring Careers."
Jun 02, 2011

That's what I found MQ advertising while I went searching for another job.  Just what does it mean though?  They certainly aren't listening to us.  Are we supposed to be listening to their innuendos of salary cuts, unattainable demands, losing our jobs to India to understand and get inspired to find another career?  Who comes up with this double-talk anyway?  Probably the same person that writes our corporate e-mails. ...

Imedx Leads Do Not "Cherry Pick"
Feb 12, 2015

Cherry pickin could be found out with a simple run of the software, so leads do not do this. We want to do this, but we dont. There are times we'd sure like to give the snails a bunch of ickies based on their never ending complaints and irregularity. ...

"PAKS" Probe & "NIM" Leads - S/m
Jun 24, 2014

Spinal surgery - DLIF.   "The patient was in the supine position when the (sounds like "NIM"; it's clearly NOT "limb") leads were all placed for monitoring of lower extremity neurologic status.   "The PAKS probe (he spells it) was placed on the lateral aspect of the disk and, under fluoroscopy, was noted to be in appropriate position."   I can't find anything for either of these.  Any/all help (with references, please!) appreciated.  Thanks :)&nbs ...