A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Power of 10 campaign - LV

Posted: Sep 22, 2010

I just received an email from my company directing me to this Power of 10 link by AHDI asking for all MTs to donate 10.00. 

Has anyone donated or do you plan on doing so?

No. I do not intend to participate because I don't believe their "lobbying" helps us - No I will not.

[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate the CMT process and wish it could be more effective, but other than that, AHDI just seems to be a giant lobbying effort. I won't participate in that because I don't see that it helps the MT.

TO WHAT END! - OAF

[ In Reply To ..]
AHDI just seems to want more $$$. I don't know about the rest of you - but this MT ain't (said that on purpose) got a nickel to spare!!! Lobbying for us - we have already taken pay cuts - I am not encouraged that any good will come of this. SHOW ME THE MONEY WE WILL RECOUP FROM GIVING. May sound crass and bitter but as an old timer I am!! And, I'm entitled to feel the way I feel folks so don't lampoon this message!

Who are you arguing with, or are you just angry? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
This was a question/answer/discussion, but you've tried to turn it into an argument. No thanks. However, AHDI looks better now after reading your rant.
I will. Laws are being discussed and written right now - Poppy
[ In Reply To ..]
as we progress to the EHR that will have a tremendous effect on us. Like it or not, AHDI is among those fighting to keep text dictation in reports and for other functions that will translate into continued need for our services. Others are fighting very hard to get rid of us and have physicians personally add whatever text they want to a multiple-choice report.

Very much at stake, and on my list of concerns, is also the quality of patient reports. Everyone close to me, and everyone else for that matter, is occasionally a patient, after all. One guess how much effort a physician who doesn't bother now to mention that a patient has hepatitis C and allergy to penicillin would give to editing and typing in his own information.
get receipts - I'd want to know they are really doing it. - just sayin
[ In Reply To ..]
JUST VENTING AGAIN - - OAF
[ In Reply To ..]
!!!! Didn't mean to sound like a rant. Just get sick of AHDI asking for money.

Power of 10 - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
ABOLUTELY NOT! Why would anyone give this "entity" $10, when they do absolutely nothing for us and in fact, make it even harder for us to earn a living!!!! Do they think we are stupid or are they just wishing we are??????

Nope, nuh-uh, not a chance, no way, nope - full circle. (sm) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It's like the sign people - "will work for food." Offer them an odd job for a meal - they usually say no, but they'll take any pocket change off your hands.

Not I (sm) - Long time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I jettisoned AHDI from my life several years ago. They always have their hands out. It might interest you to know that part of what they are lobbying for is MANDATORY certification for all of us. Gee, now who is going to benefit financially from that? Wait, wait, I know the answer: AHDI!

you speak the truth - (small message) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know - I kinda need proof they really go lobby.....

I would like to know exactly what (or who) they are lobbying for - That is not very clear

[ In Reply To ..]
What are they doing? I'm not sure.
supposedly original poster included a link about it but did not come through. - needs to post again
[ In Reply To ..]
I googled it.

They have got to be kidding. No way, no how. - Its getting downright surreal. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I plan on donating. Vendors right and left are proposing that there is no need... - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
...for transcription, especially narrative transcription. They are telling hospitals and other institutions that transcriptionts are not needed and that user input EMR can replace MTs.

Everyone is quick to demonize AHDI, but they are actually fighting for our industry.

I thought it was worded that they are fighting for the medical record, but not the MT - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I understood that they were fighting for quality in the medical record, even if it eliminates us (unsaid), but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think they 'represent' the medical record, but do not actually 'represent' MTs - Is that the way it goes?

[ In Reply To ..]
I've never been clear on that.
The only thing they "represent" is GREED - and employer DISHONESTY. N/M
[ In Reply To ..]

If you believe AHDI is in any way, shape or form on - the MTs" side, Ive got some -

[ In Reply To ..]
property in Kansas I'll sell you real cheap. It's got a great view of the Pacific Ocean.

And Russia.

What, HELL no! - no money MT

[ In Reply To ..]
They must be out of their effing minds!

Similar Messages:

INDIA'S POWER GRID COLLAPSES - 680 MILLION LOSE POWER
Jul 31, 2012

One of the things I have repeatedly written and warned about when it comes to outsourcing is the uncertain infrastructure that many foreign countries have - and I'm not just talking about their electrical grids. Foreign countries introduce huge elements of uncertainty (read, RISK) when it comes to their physical infrastructure, but also their social, governmental and legal infrastructures.  And when it comes to something as CRITICAL as American healthcare records (which, may I remind ...

Crazy, Power Hungry, Power Tripping
Jan 09, 2014

cow patty snorting, dense MMEs.  O.M.G. Can't believe the STUPID feedback some of them give.  End of rant ...

Direct Action Letter Writing Campaign For
May 18, 2012

MT Week (that begins Sunday) and what working MTs actually bring to "patient safety." Let us take meaningful action today and this weekend to regain MT Week as a week that TRULY recognizes the working MT. Ship Letters to the Editor off electronically and by snail mail to your local papers for publication in their print and online editions. AHDIs theme this year is "patient safety" in case you didn't know. What a joke and so self-serving! How about a theme of "The MTSO How-To Guide To Ensu ...

Direct Action Letter Writing Campaign
May 20, 2012

It looks like I will be the 1st to post a letter to the editor that is going out. I will be hitting everywhere from the East Coast to the West coast and everywhere in between! Read on and feel free to edit for your own letters. Medical Transcriptionist Week (MT Week) began this past Sunday, May 20, 2012. The idea is to recognize and reward MTs over the course of a single week. The theme this year is Patient Safety. MTs all across the country, and in fact, around the world are transcribing your ...

Direct Action Letter Writing Campaign Mt Week
May 22, 2012

By the way you have me mixed up with someone else who wrote a LTTE. The post you critiqued was the first draft of this particular letter. Thanks again for your constructive criticism. I loved it!  Version 2 and I'm sure you'll enjoy it even more than you enjoyed Version 1 Medical Transcriptionist Week began May 20th to recognize MTs over a week. The theme this year: Patient Safety. MTs across the country are transcribing medical records and are dedicated to being a 1st-line d ...

Maybe We MTs Should Start A Writing Campaign To Hospitals/medical Facilities...
Jan 29, 2015

and explain to them how they could pay us more than we make now and STILL save money by cutting out the middleman.  I plan on writing to all the hospitals in the area where I live.  Maybe, just maybe someone will listen.   ...

MT Power
Jan 28, 2010

We need an MT/ME Bill of Rights.  We should have some input in this company, since without us, it wouldn't exist.  We should: Ding the dingers:  QA/MME should be dinged for each blank They leave, each incorrect correction, and each inconsistent ding for "personal preference" corrections and punctuation. Ding CCM:  For not responding to us within 24 hours of initial contact.  For giving incorrect backlog information, asking for extra help, when, in f ...

10 To The 4th Power
Mar 01, 2012

Can someone tell me how to format "10 to the 4th" power? please. ...

So My Power Goes Out, Right?
Feb 24, 2013

In the middle of a report.  Tripped a breaker or something.  Got the power back on, got the PC up and running again...and it won't let me log in to DQS.  Says somebody's already logged in (that would be me!) and I can't log in till they log out.  In other words, till it times out from inactivity and throws that job back into the queue.  This has never happened to me before! ...

Power Outage
Nov 19, 2010

Apparently somebody just had a "power outage."  Was a letter with the doctor dictating 90 miles an hour the name of who the letter was supposed to go to and the carbon copies.  I would like to have thrown it back also, but after a lot of tediousness, I did complete it WITH NO BLANKS.  I might not have known, but they had put something at the top of the report that was still there.  ...

Power Outages
Oct 28, 2013

How do you deal with power outages?  Does anyone utilize a generator with your computer and internet if the power goes out?  What does your company say about power outages?  Thanks, we lose power a lot and I wonder if a computer and my modem will work with a generator as backup.  ...

Power Hour??? PLEASE
Dec 18, 2014

I feel the sniffles coming on!! ...

Segmental Power Testing.
Apr 02, 2011

segmental power testing in neurologic exam almost sounds like segmentus ...

India Power Outages
Jul 31, 2012

Not sure if anyone has posted about this or even if this is the proper place to post this but I read about it this a.m.  Hmmm...I wonder if they can "handle the truth" transcription?? http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/31/world/asia/india-blackout/index.html ...

Just Experienced The Power Hour
Dec 19, 2014

so for 1 hour we are going to get work from another POD that is way behind.....well guess what, if I had stayed in my own POD which is also flooded with work, I would have accomplished over 400 lines, but in this "power hour"  I typed a total of 95 lines because I spent all my time reading over client profiles and looking up old jobs making sure I got everything right. The hour is up, and strange jobs are coming in so I signed out for a break. Yeah...this power hour works really well. ...

Oh Great Another Power Hour
Mar 12, 2015

x ...

Making Up Time Because Of Power Outage
Dec 27, 2009

Is anyone else in the same boat as me,  I have been without power now for a full total of 6 days.  4 straight days, then off and on.  Then Christmas Day and day after Christmas.   How to make this up I don't know....  Impossible.   Anyway I do the best I can and keep on plugging even in the face of adversity.   I had bad dreams last night I was constantly running from the mafia hit bosses who had my name and my family on a hit list.   Not a pleasant d ...

MORE SNOW!!! And Power Outages. What Is The Policy At MQ On This?
Jan 07, 2011

I have been with Q a long time, but have never really been given a straight answer on weather situations knocking off your power (sometimes ultimately leading to the demise of refurbished, after refurbished MQ computers).  Are we penalized for this?  ...

So How Can Someone Do Their Job When Their Is Power Outages And You Have Lost Your Internet? Sm
Apr 12, 2011

I realize that any job it is necessary for one to be at their "station" when scheduled, but what happens when you have power outages and your internet has been disconnected?  It is hard to make up time also when there is DQS downage.  Crackdown on the weekend turnarounds.  MQ needs to take in consideration the situations that are beyond control and also the CCMs are being held to task over this.  I, for one, am totally respectful and care very much about our CCM.   ...

Power Outage Out West - No Pay For Down Time !
Sep 28, 2011

CCM notes the Western power outage yesterday (approximately 5 hours) is not covered by paid down time.  However, East Coast outage later in the day was a system problem and would be covered by down time.  HUH ?  So for power outages we either make up time or use PTO.  Can this possibly be legal ?????? ...

Capitalization - Durable Power Of Attorney
Feb 19, 2013

Should "durable power of attorney" be typed in uppercase? ...

Computer Died....anyone Replace A Power Supply ? - Sm
Jun 27, 2010

Woke up to my computer dead (2.5 years old).....shut it down last night, no problems.  Did not notice if the blinking light(of the power button) was on or not last night when I went to bed.  In any case it was off this morning which is not the norm.  DOA.  Tried the obvious, unplugged, replugged in different outlet, etc.  Nada.  Have another old Dell here (has hard drive issues not power supply)  thought maybe I could switch out the power supplies, don ...

S/l: Power Dome Permcatheter Or Palgome. Cannot Verify.
Aug 06, 2010

23-cm powerdome? prowl dome? palgome? permcatheter was placed through the subcutaneous tunnel.  The 8-French dilator was....   Thanks!     ...

Catheterization Showed PVR Was 353 S/l Dines Per Cm To The Power Of -5 Per Seconds. Nm
Jul 18, 2014

X ...

8-12 Highland Cell Cast Per High Power Field?
Feb 04, 2010

8-12 highland cell cast per high power field? ...

Softscript---power Trip, Doesn't Care About Quality
May 02, 2011

I've worked for Softscript for almost 6 years and annually I have the same problem w/ management on a power-trip!  Currently, the issue is that they have taken accounts away that I've worked on for 5 years, and want to replace them w/ accounts I have no experience in (work type), heavy ESL, lightning fast dictators.  I informed them that I was not comfortable w/ this, and they give me a corrective action for insubordination!  DO NOT APPLY TO WORK FOR SOFTSCRIPT!  Th ...

Bill S.3480 Will Give Feds Power To Shut Down The Internet
Jun 16, 2010

The internet is a dangerous place and this goes a bit too far but it is illustrative of how the danger is being recognized. I think it is just a matter of time before medical records will no longer be processed over the internet. Once that happens, perhaps our jobs will come back. ...

Voice Recognition - Power Scribe Several Times In The Past 4 Years
Oct 18, 2010

Have tried Power Scribe several times in the past 4 years.  I am curious why and how anyone can stand not being able to use their foot pedal and keyboard in the normal way.  Case in point is if the dictation is not clear, you cannot back up a few words.  Instead, you have to go all the way to the beginning again.  Need some insight here.   ...

Placement Of "double Power" Hickman.
Feb 22, 2011

:) ...

How Would You Write "10 To The 5th Power"
Jun 03, 2010

How would you write "10 to the 5th power" when the platform you're using doesn't support superscripts?  10/5th power perhaps? ...