A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Softscript---power trip, doesn't care about quality - TickedMT

Posted: May 02, 2011

I've worked for Softscript for almost 6 years and annually I have the same problem w/ management on a power-trip!  Currently, the issue is that they have taken accounts away that I've worked on for 5 years, and want to replace them w/ accounts I have no experience in (work type), heavy ESL, lightning fast dictators.  I informed them that I was not comfortable w/ this, and they give me a corrective action for insubordination!  DO NOT APPLY TO WORK FOR SOFTSCRIPT!  They care nothing about the MT, or the client's best interest, because if they did, they simply would place their MT's in accounts that work best for them, insuring quality work.

I wont apply with them because of their - obnoxious, space-hogging ads

[ In Reply To ..]
Someone over there thinks they are awfully clever and witty.

So annoying.

SoftScript - Hi Gal

[ In Reply To ..]
My experience with SS was exactly the same as yours. I have been an MT for 30+ years. When they pulled that crap I resigned and went out and got my own hospital accounts for more $$ of course. I think these companies have a revolving door. They purge out or dispose of good qualified MTs and replace them with less experienced MTs they can get cheap. They are not compensating us for our KNOWLEDGE.

Similar Messages:

Hyphen ... Providing High Quality Care OR High-quality Care
Oct 06, 2011

... providing high quality care OR high-quality care. I did it one way and the dictating NP says it should be the other way.  I have to do it her way but I would appreciate hearing from some fellow MT professionals. Thanks for any input.     ...

Quality Patient Care
Dec 05, 2014

The whole purpose of this new compensation plan is to focus on quality patient care, supposedly.  After 20+ years in this field, including multiple years within an office and seeing how these notes are used, I think I know a thing or two about patient care and how important the quality of the medical record is. Here are some things I know: Doing accounts consistently help you learn what doctors say from note to note.  Likewise, it also means you're more likely to hear a mistake w ...

Is That Care Boost Quality Seminar
Jan 26, 2015

TSM says since I got under 99% this week to take this seminar.   What is funny is that a last week I got an email (bc I got 100% that week) saying how well I was doing and keep up the good work.  LOL.  Oops!.  I bet she wishes she didn't send that email!  Anyway, anyone do that Care Boost for Quality seminar and found that it helped at all?  Not sure it's going to....I am positive I will continue being all over the place in my post audits....100 ...

INDIA'S POWER GRID COLLAPSES - 680 MILLION LOSE POWER
Jul 31, 2012

One of the things I have repeatedly written and warned about when it comes to outsourcing is the uncertain infrastructure that many foreign countries have - and I'm not just talking about their electrical grids. Foreign countries introduce huge elements of uncertainty (read, RISK) when it comes to their physical infrastructure, but also their social, governmental and legal infrastructures.  And when it comes to something as CRITICAL as American healthcare records (which, may I remind ...

Crazy, Power Hungry, Power Tripping
Jan 09, 2014

cow patty snorting, dense MMEs.  O.M.G. Can't believe the STUPID feedback some of them give.  End of rant ...

SoftScript Acute Care Test - Function Disabled!
Dec 03, 2012

I am attempting to take the SoftScript acute-care test and have received 2 separate links to the online test, which seems to have a drop-down feature for their multiple-choice questions.  However, the drop-downs don't work (I've tried accessing the test using several web browsers), and when I right click on the test, I get the message "Function Disabled."  Has anyone had the same problem, and, if so, what was your solution?  Thanks in advance for any ideas. ...

Vegas Trip
Jan 15, 2011

softscript signon bonus and vegas trip - rah rah Posted: Jan 5th, 2011 - 11:26 pm ray ray whatever happened with your signon bonus did it go the way of part II of the trip to vegas that was promised   …  We now know what happened to the las vegas trip, Wonder if it comes with spending money for all days too, What an incentive for those of us who have breadwinning and billpaying spouses!    SoftScript, Inc. 1256 Job Description:     - ...

Hawaii Trip For Nuance India
Nov 30, 2013

Just wanted to let everyone know that I heard from a friend who works for Nuance that Nuance sent their whole India division to Hawaii for Thanksgiving.  Isn't that nice, NOT!! The America contigent gets nothing, 0, zip, nada.  I also work for Nuance and am so saddened by this.  We also work very hard in America.  It is very frustrating to be so ignored and undervalued. ...

RE: The "Care Quality" Seminar I Had To Take -
Jan 27, 2015

(this is said sarcastically, as I only have 15 years' experience and who I am referring to ahead has quite a bit more and was in the same seminar).....There was a lady (name starts with R) in the seminar who, rightly so, didn't believe she deserved to be there and was obviously a bit upset.  She went on to tell the host that she has 60 years' experience in MT (I guess that makes her at least 80?) and a bachelor's degree in English.  She was upset that her ...

Another Sad Option For Medical Care Is Charity Care. Work With The People
Nov 06, 2014

...bills. Most Saint hospitals and others actually operate as non-profits, and for what they are screwing us over in taxes unpaid, they can afford to help out folks with their bills and still give their CEOs generous stock options and obscene salaries! But, you have to ask for this after your visit, treatment, x-ray, or ER visit. ASK for help if you need it. It is not our fault that suits are in charge of medical care in this country.  ...

New Quality Index Vs Old Quality Score
Oct 18, 2014

I ran an error report for all reports, all accounts on my platform for this quarter, 10/1 - 10/18. So far the Quality Index is 84% vs Quality Score 99.18%.  Didn't they advertise this new error scoring as working out in our favor?  Doesn't look like it to me. This is based on 2194 jobs and 105,358 lines audited on E5.  I checked the box that says view all corrections on the correction report. ...

MT Power
Jan 28, 2010

We need an MT/ME Bill of Rights.  We should have some input in this company, since without us, it wouldn't exist.  We should: Ding the dingers:  QA/MME should be dinged for each blank They leave, each incorrect correction, and each inconsistent ding for "personal preference" corrections and punctuation. Ding CCM:  For not responding to us within 24 hours of initial contact.  For giving incorrect backlog information, asking for extra help, when, in f ...

10 To The 4th Power
Mar 01, 2012

Can someone tell me how to format "10 to the 4th" power? please. ...

So My Power Goes Out, Right?
Feb 24, 2013

In the middle of a report.  Tripped a breaker or something.  Got the power back on, got the PC up and running again...and it won't let me log in to DQS.  Says somebody's already logged in (that would be me!) and I can't log in till they log out.  In other words, till it times out from inactivity and throws that job back into the queue.  This has never happened to me before! ...

Power Of 10 Campaign
Sep 22, 2010

I just received an email from my company directing me to this Power of 10 link by AHDI asking for all MTs to donate 10.00.    Has anyone donated or do you plan on doing so? ...

Power Outage
Nov 19, 2010

Apparently somebody just had a "power outage."  Was a letter with the doctor dictating 90 miles an hour the name of who the letter was supposed to go to and the carbon copies.  I would like to have thrown it back also, but after a lot of tediousness, I did complete it WITH NO BLANKS.  I might not have known, but they had put something at the top of the report that was still there.  ...

Power Outages
Oct 28, 2013

How do you deal with power outages?  Does anyone utilize a generator with your computer and internet if the power goes out?  What does your company say about power outages?  Thanks, we lose power a lot and I wonder if a computer and my modem will work with a generator as backup.  ...

Power Hour??? PLEASE
Dec 18, 2014

I feel the sniffles coming on!! ...

Segmental Power Testing.
Apr 02, 2011

segmental power testing in neurologic exam almost sounds like segmentus ...

India Power Outages
Jul 31, 2012

Not sure if anyone has posted about this or even if this is the proper place to post this but I read about it this a.m.  Hmmm...I wonder if they can "handle the truth" transcription?? http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/31/world/asia/india-blackout/index.html ...

Just Experienced The Power Hour
Dec 19, 2014

so for 1 hour we are going to get work from another POD that is way behind.....well guess what, if I had stayed in my own POD which is also flooded with work, I would have accomplished over 400 lines, but in this "power hour"  I typed a total of 95 lines because I spent all my time reading over client profiles and looking up old jobs making sure I got everything right. The hour is up, and strange jobs are coming in so I signed out for a break. Yeah...this power hour works really well. ...

Oh Great Another Power Hour
Mar 12, 2015

x ...

Making Up Time Because Of Power Outage
Dec 27, 2009

Is anyone else in the same boat as me,  I have been without power now for a full total of 6 days.  4 straight days, then off and on.  Then Christmas Day and day after Christmas.   How to make this up I don't know....  Impossible.   Anyway I do the best I can and keep on plugging even in the face of adversity.   I had bad dreams last night I was constantly running from the mafia hit bosses who had my name and my family on a hit list.   Not a pleasant d ...

MORE SNOW!!! And Power Outages. What Is The Policy At MQ On This?
Jan 07, 2011

I have been with Q a long time, but have never really been given a straight answer on weather situations knocking off your power (sometimes ultimately leading to the demise of refurbished, after refurbished MQ computers).  Are we penalized for this?  ...

So How Can Someone Do Their Job When Their Is Power Outages And You Have Lost Your Internet? Sm
Apr 12, 2011

I realize that any job it is necessary for one to be at their "station" when scheduled, but what happens when you have power outages and your internet has been disconnected?  It is hard to make up time also when there is DQS downage.  Crackdown on the weekend turnarounds.  MQ needs to take in consideration the situations that are beyond control and also the CCMs are being held to task over this.  I, for one, am totally respectful and care very much about our CCM.   ...

Power Outage Out West - No Pay For Down Time !
Sep 28, 2011

CCM notes the Western power outage yesterday (approximately 5 hours) is not covered by paid down time.  However, East Coast outage later in the day was a system problem and would be covered by down time.  HUH ?  So for power outages we either make up time or use PTO.  Can this possibly be legal ?????? ...

Capitalization - Durable Power Of Attorney
Feb 19, 2013

Should "durable power of attorney" be typed in uppercase? ...

Computer Died....anyone Replace A Power Supply ? - Sm
Jun 27, 2010

Woke up to my computer dead (2.5 years old).....shut it down last night, no problems.  Did not notice if the blinking light(of the power button) was on or not last night when I went to bed.  In any case it was off this morning which is not the norm.  DOA.  Tried the obvious, unplugged, replugged in different outlet, etc.  Nada.  Have another old Dell here (has hard drive issues not power supply)  thought maybe I could switch out the power supplies, don ...

S/l: Power Dome Permcatheter Or Palgome. Cannot Verify.
Aug 06, 2010

23-cm powerdome? prowl dome? palgome? permcatheter was placed through the subcutaneous tunnel.  The 8-French dilator was....   Thanks!     ...

Catheterization Showed PVR Was 353 S/l Dines Per Cm To The Power Of -5 Per Seconds. Nm
Jul 18, 2014

X ...