A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medquist/Nuance/Transcend/Softscript May1st - is only the BEGINNING…

Posted: Apr 23, 2012

Ladies and Gents: 

Inform yourself because what comes with doing so is fearlessness.

Your manager knows that informed employees are dangerous.  Hence, why they do everything in their power to ensure you are not informed.  They love it when you go along without questioning and without educating yourself.  It allows their illegal behavior to continue.  Note the keyword ILLEGAL. 

The people in leadership at these MTSOs are proving over and over that they are really stupid and they are putting it in writing - as unbelievable as that is.  Your manager(s) are confident at this point that they can get away with whatever illegal behavior they are because much of their staff is ignorant to the LAW and their tactics. NO MORE!

Dare them to fire you and then TAKE IT ALL THE WAY.  They count on your fear getting the best of you and that you will continue sitting on your behind running your mouth instead of standing up for yourself. 

As I said in a previous post, THINK BEFORE YOU ACT and inform yourself.  "The only thing to fear is fear itself."

We, at this particular point, have enough "drops" to turn into a future raging, category 5 hurricane. 

And recall that May 1st is ONLY the beginning.  May 1st is not intended to be an "epic" day.  Strike Day does not end May 2nd.  It is just a question of when again…

Fear-mongering vague post - beentheredonethat

[ In Reply To ..]
What is your message specifically? Sounds too much like Chicken Little yelling "the sky is falling!"

have you hit your head too many times? - seriously

[ In Reply To ..]
Tell me EXACTLY what you think will happen to any person who takes off on May 1st... What do they do May 2nd. What are the goals here?

You claim to know the LAWS but our jobs are at will, meaning they dont even need a reason to let you go. You cannot be this ignorant, or can you?

And why are you doing this day after day after beloved day? OMG...

have you hit your head too many times? - greyhoun mom

[ In Reply To ..]
I really feel that "striking" May 1st is not going to do anything. The only thing that will happen is that you will not get paid for the day. The MTSO are reading all of this, especially from the one post with a lot of replies that were very very long. Doing something like this is going to need a tremendous amount of organization. Has anyone contacted someone who is the head of a union. Also, it seems like it would be better if people who are truly interested in this should get together face to face to do some real planning or brain storming. It seems like all the unions do is take your union dues. Good luck.

1 of 2 things will happen on May 2nd. Some workers - will return with a little more respect. -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Those who put themselves in jeopardy of losing their jobs - let's face it - will not be losing much if they do.

If I lose mine, it will buy me 99 weeks of unemployment, which will give me the time, and the boot in the butt, to go out and find a REAL job, instead of the matchbook cover work-at-home scam that MT has become.

May 2nd - will be just another day, another dollar - notworththeheadache

[ In Reply To ..]
May 2nd for me will be just another day of making some money, paying some bills. Will not be part of such a "strike" as suggested. Who thought of this idea in the first place?

Remember: Some of us like our jobs!!!
It's worth the "headache" for me. It certainly can't be - worse than the migraine of MT poverty.
[ In Reply To ..]
then you go girl...good for you, not for me. - you are right. so am I. Problem with that?
[ In Reply To ..]

May be illegal but we don't make enough in wages to fight it! - hypertyper

[ In Reply To ..]
Get fired and then get ripped off by a lawyer trying to fight it. Makes me ill just thinking of it.

Not all battles are fought (and won) with lawyers. - Use your imagination. Get creative. ;)

[ In Reply To ..]

moderator - this is NOT about COMPANIES. it is propaganda - they already took over the Mailn board...NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Oh, waaaah! It IS about companies. It's about - most companies, on a global scale.

[ In Reply To ..]
It's NOT about one mousy little MT who can't see past her front door, because she hasn't been outside of it for 5 years, and who thinks working in her jammies, her hair up in curlers, and a baby in her lap, for 3 cpl, is a great deal.

It's about the Big Picture: The systematic transformation of an entire nation of middle class human beings into Working Poor. Or worse.

you do she she moved it - RIGHT? - go call the waaaambulance.

[ In Reply To ..]
x
You wasted your keystrokes on that reply - - it was unintelligible.
[ In Reply To ..]
-
not your problem darlin' - GB
[ In Reply To ..]
right, I believe the correct phrase is call a waa-waa-waaaambulance - Bruce Willis - The Kid. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
/

The only "propaganda" on this board is the - BS the MTSOs would have you believe.

[ In Reply To ..]
CC

she is not even an MT anymore so she cannot strike - nor risk anything. look her up.

[ In Reply To ..]
she's fighting for revenge and enjoys trouble. read the archive.

News flash: The May 1st general strike is NOT about - MT pay or job satisfaction. Its not -
[ In Reply To ..]
about MT at all. It's about our government being run by corporations, NOT by the officials we supposedly elected. (And I don't care what party - they're ALL bought and paid for).

The general strike is not against corporations, it's against corporations owning our goverment and calling all the shots. Shots that benefit THEM, and screw us.

If an MT feels that applies to them, then if you also factor in what our own profession has done to us in the past decade, I would say we have more reason to join the strike than most!

But if not, if you like things the way they are, like our crooked government and the Indians and Chinese getting all our jobs, and if the thought of reaching old age with no savings, no retirement and no healthcare, because you are EXPENDABLE and not human, then hey... work your @rse off on May 1st, no one is stopping you.

But, that said, no one is stopping the American Middle Class from rising up against those who have been kicking us for far too long. Someday it's going to stop. I'm sure that scares the u-know-what out of all the pathologically meek, which would probably make up about 80% of the medical transcriptionists on the entire globe, but for those of us who refuse to be kicked to the curb without a fight, we plan to enjoy our day off to the fullest.
not how she puts it. I'm so so sorry. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
=

M*Modal - Girl4givn

[ In Reply To ..]
My first day with M*Modal is on the 1st, so it probably wouldn't be a great idea for me to strike that day. Besides, I'm entirely too happy to have a job. Good luck on your strike though....maybe there will be extra work for the rest of us!

LOL Girl :) - LeavingMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Congrats on the new job and I love your spirit :)

But -- think ahead 5 years. Where will you be if - things dont start to improve? SM

[ In Reply To ..]
You're already starting out at an abysmally low line rate. "Yes, but I'm just starting out", you are probably thinking.

But what will you think when, 5 years from now, you are making the SAME LINE RATE? And meanwhile, the cost of gasoline has reached $5.50/gallon, average rent is $2500 a month, and NO ONE offers health insurance anymore?

Or, if the current trend isn't changed, there will be NO MT jobs left on American soil? "Oh, I'll just get into some other field", you say to yourself. With only an MT's niche training? And with what money will you go back to school?

How many more jobs, that everyone thought "will never be offshored", ARE?

What work will be left to do in the U.S.? Manual labor. Hotel service (maid, janitor, etc. Forget front desk - more and more of those jobs already require a B.A. degree and that you be bi-or-trilingual.

You could pick lettuce in Salinas, but unfortunately, foreigners pretty much have that one covered, as well.

Right on! May 1st isn't meant to be an epic day, - just a warning shot. Many more to come! nm

[ In Reply To ..]

So are you letting people down gently already - when this is an abject failure?

[ In Reply To ..]
"isn't meant to be an epic day"

Huh. All righty then.

Are you really THAT petty? And are you really - THAT uninformed? Pity, really.

[ In Reply To ..]
it's called reality dear. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Being uninformed and going thru life with blinders on - isnt *reality*. - Mariposa
[ In Reply To ..]
Mariposa - Reality is different to different people - Consider this. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
A true reality is accepting the fact that while, yes, there are struggling MTs in this business, there are actually just as many, or more, happy and successful MTs around. You just don't see us on here whining and complaining all the time. We are insulted and called names, and accused of lying, which does not make sense at all. We cannot even communicate with each other through all the BS that goes on here.

Reality would be that if YOU are not making it in this business, if YOU are unhappy, then it is up to YOU to do something about it. Perhaps you don't even belong in this business. Perhaps your skills are not up to par. Perhaps you need to look for a different company or a different profession, I don't know. I do know that YOUR reality is not our reality, but you seem to having a hard time accepting that fact. The sooner you do, the better off you will be.

Yes why was this post moved? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
b

becuase, when it was on the company board.. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
it only had the company names in the subject line -- to sneak her bark past the moderator and infiltrate that board afer having monopolized this one.

and then she did a widdle edit after it was moved as if she did nothing sneaky,

now show me the PROOF of their illegal behavior - facts please...nm

[ In Reply To ..]

illegal behavior - wiseoldwoman

[ In Reply To ..]
Does your MTSO ask you to "fudge" your timecard so they look like they're paying you more than minimum wage? Have you worked extra when asked and then been told after the fact that no OT was approved so you have to "adjust" your timecard? These are just two examples of MTSO illegal deeds.

wiseoldwoman - That sounds like Transcend. - They do that.

[ In Reply To ..]
And I do believe that is illegal, but they get away with it.
illegal MTSO's - wiseoldwoman
[ In Reply To ..]
That would be who I'm referring to, but there are other MTSO's who do it. As for getting away with it....well, sooner or later, karma always catches up!

We're MTs. We live MTSOs' illegal behavior - every day of our lives.

[ In Reply To ..]

ladies and gents, boys and girls gather around... - let me circus bark you again.

[ In Reply To ..]
well? it sounds like that to me.

~'~

If some of the MTs that are working on my old - hospital account

[ In Reply To ..]
went on strike, that would be an improvement.

Similar Messages:

Softscript, Medquist Jobs
Aug 26, 2011

I am currently in a dilemma on what company to work for....any input whether there have been problems with these as far as descent pay, PTO, etc.? Softscript offered .085 cpl. I recently lost my hospital job due to budget cuts and know I'm not going to make same pay as I did there ($18 hr.), but cannot work @ $12 hr. either. Don't want to run out of work. Just wondering if I should work IC on my own also. ...

Transcend Vs MedQuist?
Feb 14, 2011

Has anyone out there worked for both Transcend and MedQuist?  If so, any comments?  Comparison of pay range?  Difficulty with QA?  ESLs? ...

Medquist And Transcend Pay Scale?
May 13, 2011

I'm a current Webmedx employee and looking to work elsewhere, as I can no longer support myself with this company even with a second job. I'm wondering what the pay scales are for Medquist and Transcend. I've contacted many, many MT companies over the last few weeks and they are all slow to (or never) respond with pay inquiries, so I hope those experienced with these companies can help provide answers I'm looking for. What I'm looking for: Pay scale for manual, VR, ince ...

Transcend Or Softscript-which Is Better? Nm
Dec 13, 2010

nm ...

Webmedx, Transcend, SoftScript, Other Nationals?
Jan 18, 2010

May be looking for another job. Any insight on these companies?  Know there is good and bad everywhere but want some honest answers.  Thanks in advance! ...

Nuance/Softscript
Jul 19, 2013

I am so tired of going to MTjobs.com and seeing the same Nuance and SoftScript ads over and over and over.  Anyone else feel that way ?   ...

Softscript Or Nuance
Sep 23, 2014

Trying to decide which to test for.  Tried to send an email to SS regarding their current add for a transcriptionist for an  orthopedic account but it returned undeliverable using their email address provided on their site.  Anyone know of another way to contact them?  Thank you ...

Anyone Able To Compare Nuance/Softscript
Feb 12, 2014

Nuance Fiesa is about to drive me insane.  0.25 deduction for not putting a period in.  REALLY????  I will contest it, but hate the amount of time we have to spend defending ourselves against this crappy QA system. Thinking about SoftScript.  Anyone able to compare how their QA stands next to Nuance.  Any info for comparison purposes welcome.  I realize there is no such thing as a perfect company, but...  Thanks. ...

Nuance Or SoftScript? Pay? Treatment?
Apr 14, 2015

I've heard bad things about both, but which is worse?  Pay per line?  Pay for headers & spaces?  QA torture? Thanks for any advice!    ...

Left Medquist (M*Modal) To Work For Webmedx (Nuance). Now Thinking Of Going Back. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

Is anyone in the same boat?  I am seriously contemplating it because I can't afford my medications, groceries, rent, bills, living, etc. anymore. ...

Nuance Testing Compared To Other Company Tests, Ie Softscript.
Mar 21, 2012

I have taken so many tests lately with probably dozens of companies.  I am wondering how you feel about Nuance tests and if it is harder or easier than the other companies.  I personally thought Softscript test was kind of hard, compared with Nuance.  Some of the transcription audio files were a little hard with mumbling and fast talking dictators, but really not bad when compared to others.   Hopefully I might be hired with Nuance, so no more testing, I hope.  I ha ...

Transcend MQ Or Nuance
Jul 28, 2011

I'm trying to decide whether to apply at Transcend, Nuance or MQ. Any  inputs from those MTs that work at these 3 companies? I would greatly appreciate your assistance as all 3 companies have contacted me and I'm very leery of Nuance because of the offshore connection. Does Transcend or MQ send our work offshore or are owned by offshore companies?  Thanks for your honesty.   ...

Transcend Or Nuance?.............sm
Nov 27, 2011

Having phone interviews tomorrow.....any input from knowledgeable MTs? I have not been in the job search for years, feel like a duck out of water....thank you for any input! ...

Is There Anything Better About Nuance Than Transcend?
Mar 07, 2012

I have a lump in my throat today about the merger.  I am wondering if there is anything positive that can come out of this.  Do part time workers receive any benefits?  Are there any typing accounts at Nuance or is it all VR?  TIA ...

Is Transcend Now Nuance? Nm
Jun 02, 2012

nm ...

Transcend QA/Nuance
Jun 11, 2012

Well, well, well.  Looks like some of the Transcend QA hagathas must be QAing Nuance's work now because they are marking off for every little thing!  I get marked off because I forgot to add a dash.  THIS IS RIDICULOUS!  I was QC myself but went back to being an MT due to the low pay per hour, and I just noticed this.  They want to make sure no one will ever get that bonus it looks like! ...

Nuance Versus Transcend?
Jun 23, 2011

Any thoughts on these 2 companies? Which one would you consider to be the lesser of 2 evils? TIA! ...

Transcend Versus Nuance
Dec 14, 2011

I am thinking about both Nuance and Transcend.  Does anyone like working for Nuance?  Does anyone have any advice?  Left MQ - looking for something better. ...

Nuance To Acquire Transcend
Mar 07, 2012

nm ...

TRANSCEND BOUGHT OUT BY NUANCE
Mar 07, 2012

Transcend employees received notification this morning that Transcend is being bought out by Nuance. Transition expected to happen during the second half of Nuance's fiscal year 2012. Those of you with Nuance - is this a good thing? ...

Transcend/Nuance Web Sites Down?
May 21, 2012

Can't get into beyond text or the MLS site.  Any problems known? ...

64 Bit -- Compatible With Transcend/Nuance??
Oct 03, 2012

just got a new computer, and realized the box says 64 bit -- I think i remember being told that is not compatible with the job stuff.  Do you know????  what is that mean anyway, "bit"? ...

Did Nuance Buy TransTech? Or Was That Transcend? Or Both? Nm
Nov 29, 2012

x ...

Does Anybody With Nuance/Transcend Have Enough Work
Nov 29, 2012

to actually make a living.  Before Nuance bought Transcend I almost always had PLENTY of work.  For the last month or so, work has been very, very, very scarce on a once very busy account.  Had the offer to be transferred to a different region, but who knows how the work load would be in another region.  I have a sinking feeling all the regions are pretty much the same.  Besides, I really like my supervisor and pretty much like the accounts I'm on.  Just not en ...

Nuance/Transcend/Accentus
Dec 08, 2012

As a Transcender being taken over by Nuance, I am appalled that we have received no word about anything other than we will start with a time clock. No word about how we will be compensated, only "rumors" which I am sick of. Now I see Accentus is still hiring, advertising and advertising a "holiday bonus". Well, I want a holiday bonus. I am affraid they are not telling us "facts" just to keep everyone from quitting at on time. ...

Nuance/Transcend Services
Mar 12, 2013

Please excuse if this is a duplicate message. I would like to find out from the MTs out there what their thoughts, suggestions, etc., are about Nuane/Transcend Services. I have recently learned that the current hospital I am doing transcription for is going to be outsourcing to this company. I would appreciate thoughts, concerns...no venting please. ...

Is Anyone From Transcend Thinking Of Applying At Nuance?
Mar 16, 2012

Just to go ahead and make the change and hopefully avoid some of the stress with the transition? I see that Nuance has ads up for MTs.  I'm also concerned about whether or not they will hire all MTs from Transcend during the buyout.   ...

Nuance/transcend Merger Info
Apr 17, 2012

News found on Google:  Nuance "extends" offer to Transcend, evidently it is not yet a done deal, here is a link:     http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fshar.es%2FrwD0G&h=pAQGzG3pfAQEOTCQ9kz0JWPU06iLpbFD9CLxvXyjRfb--cw ...

Nuance/Transcend Merger Back On
Apr 24, 2012

News is that Nuance waived their requirements so the merger is back on. Sorry to those from Transcend :(( ...

Transcend/Nuance - M-Modal Question.
Jun 20, 2012

When Wmx was taken over M-modal was taken from us.  Do you at Transcend still use it and are you having it taken away also?  ...