A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone able to compare Nuance/Softscript - looking

Posted: Feb 12, 2014

Nuance Fiesa is about to drive me insane.  0.25 deduction for not putting a period in.  REALLY????  I will contest it, but hate the amount of time we have to spend defending ourselves against this crappy QA system.

Thinking about SoftScript.  Anyone able to compare how their QA stands next to Nuance.  Any info for comparison purposes welcome. 

I realize there is no such thing as a perfect company, but...  Thanks.

Nuance/SoftScript - katrina

[ In Reply To ..]
well, neither one are any good. As far as QA goes with Soft Script you oftentimes can get an account without good audio or good dictators, and Soft Script counts that against you and they have a certain percentage you are to send to QA, so that would be a threat to your job. Neither company is good. I would search for a job outside those 2 companies. You could work for Soft Script for awhile, just do straight transcription, but the e-mails you get are hateful and their management stinks. I worked longer for Nuance actually than Soft Script. I never could get any answers it seemed at Soft Script while it seemed Nuance was always dogging you about something, your speed, QA, always something, mainly speed. I didn't get into this profession to do assembly line work. Didn't used to be that way.

Love this line: I didn't get into this profession to do - assembly line work... nm

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

nuance/soft script - katrina

[ In Reply To ..]
yes, really that's what it has come to. Our job is being treated as that type of work. Not our choice but that's what we have now.

Yep, just like working in a Nike shoe factory in Bangladesh - Old and Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m
re: "assembly line....Bangladesh" - ajmRN2014
[ In Reply To ..]
And at Nuance, their QC are literally (almost, unsure of city and country) and actually in Bangladesh! The QCs giving feedback on English grammar! Incorrectly, or I'd have no complaint and after leaving Nuance heard they were outsourcing ALL of QC, only a rumor, but fact that we already had QC off-shore as well as US.

Sincerely,
Ever-faithful QA member, RN, and transcriptionist who believes in feedback AND speaking directly to the MT (not allowed at Nuance and/or cannot in order to stay within LPH requirements--yes, LPH in QA--and why the MTs get crap for feedback, if any) and why I no longer QC/QA at Nuance, never have, and never will compromise my QA feedback/quality r/t ethical morality. p.s. Anyone without experience/new grads may think all are like Nuance, but most companies are NOT! not in 20 years had I even heard of anything like Nuance, QA sending blanks to Sr QA because they can't fill in all blanks, send feedback, constructively criticize PLUS stay at 175 LPH and equals to those who fill in blanks and give feedback/constructive help will NOT get paid as much or keep their job because you cannot, in Sr QA, fill in 10 blanks from another QA sending it to you and have the same LPH as that QA (who will keep their job and/or receive incentives! yes, the QAs who leave the blanks! and resend it to another QA!), never heard of such poor management or treatment of MTs and other employees until I was unfortunate enough to work there and embarrassed to put it on my resume. By the way, "makers of Dragon" have dictations listed as edit (half rate of pay to edit VR) BUT YOU WILL ACTUALLY BE TYPING MOST OF THE REPORT and with 19-20 years of experience, I kept track when I typed/helped on an account, never made more than $6/hour if I was on production pay. I also offered to put together a team to type/edit/proof new docs so that the VR WOULD BE ACCURATE EVENTUALLY but it seems Nuance could care less about any improvement to the poorest VR I've seen (just past 2 years I've seen VR and at less cpl have made more per hour within the first 2 weeks at another company who also uses VR and EditScript and is an even comparison to same used with Nuance.) New grads, probably any other company will care about/treat MTs with tons more respect and recognition for QUALITY and not quantity. Ok, done venting and apologize for the length but if I can save 1 new grad from giving up on this professional career, I am glad I gave the info. Happy typing!

We are all just Lucies in the chocolate factory. - (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]

LOL at least Lucy had chocolate - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

nuance - Betty

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree the QA is really messed up for Accentus as well. They keep crossing out my words and replacing them exactly the same way I typed them in the first place. We don't use Fiesa, but Inscribe and having the same kind of problems.

Similar Messages:

Compare Nuance And Amphion ??
Feb 22, 2015

Anyone have experience with both and able to give a comparison?  Line requirements, benefits, QA, etc. TIA ...

Please Compare Nuance With Accentus, If You Have Worked For Both
Sep 01, 2012

As little or as much info as you want is certainly appreciated.  Whatever you have time to post.  Thank you so much.  ...

Nuance/Softscript
Jul 19, 2013

I am so tired of going to MTjobs.com and seeing the same Nuance and SoftScript ads over and over and over.  Anyone else feel that way ?   ...

Softscript Or Nuance
Sep 23, 2014

Trying to decide which to test for.  Tried to send an email to SS regarding their current add for a transcriptionist for an  orthopedic account but it returned undeliverable using their email address provided on their site.  Anyone know of another way to contact them?  Thank you ...

Nuance Or SoftScript? Pay? Treatment?
Apr 14, 2015

I've heard bad things about both, but which is worse?  Pay per line?  Pay for headers & spaces?  QA torture? Thanks for any advice!    ...

Medquist/Nuance/Transcend/Softscript May1st
Apr 23, 2012

Ladies and Gents:  Inform yourself because what comes with doing so is fearlessness. Your manager knows that informed employees are dangerous.  Hence, why they do everything in their power to ensure you are not informed.  They love it when you go along without questioning and without educating yourself.  It allows their illegal behavior to continue.  Note the keyword ILLEGAL.  The people in leadership at these MTSOs are proving over and over that they are really ...

Nuance Testing Compared To Other Company Tests, Ie Softscript.
Mar 21, 2012

I have taken so many tests lately with probably dozens of companies.  I am wondering how you feel about Nuance tests and if it is harder or easier than the other companies.  I personally thought Softscript test was kind of hard, compared with Nuance.  Some of the transcription audio files were a little hard with mumbling and fast talking dictators, but really not bad when compared to others.   Hopefully I might be hired with Nuance, so no more testing, I hope.  I ha ...

Compare
Mar 14, 2012

Has anyone worked on both M-Modal and Escription, and can you compare them as to ease of use, line count, etc.   Thanks. ...

How Does Spheris Compare?
Jan 21, 2010

Is there anyone out there who has worked for Spheris and other large companies? If so, how does Spheris compare? Looking for other opportunities, but don't want to end up in a worse situation :) In particular, has anyone worked for both Spheris and Webmedx? thanks ...

Echocardiogram To Compare
Jul 28, 2010

echocardiogram to compare air to ?_______ dilatation Does this make sense? ...

Would Like To Compare Notes With Others New To MQ,
Apr 16, 2011

especially if you're on a southwestern account and doing editing for the first time.   I started with MQ last month and feel very discouraged, mainly for all the minor negative feedback I'm getting.  I'd like to know how the other new employees are doing so I can get a sense of where I stand.  I keep thinking any day now I'll get a notice I'm fired.   Email me directly and dish it out. ...

Wanting To Compare Contractor Rates
Jun 20, 2012

I'm seeing pay rates all over the place on this board and I'm just curious as to what others are receiving. I'm an independent contractor. I have a lot of psychiatric accounts but they only pay 10 cents a line (65 characters, of course).  That's a decrease from my standard rate a few years ago (but supply and demand made me reduce my rate).  Because I'm a fast typist and the psychiatric work is easy, I easly make $30 an hour when I'm focused.I've ...

EditScript Vs. M*Modal For Editing. Anybody Used Both And Can Compare?
Nov 28, 2012

I've been on EditScript for a while now and was looking for another position using the same platform but elsewhere.  I have a lead that is M*Modal, though (they used to use EditScript), and even the recruiter admitted that of those who've done both, most prefer EditScript.  But I'm thinking that with a smaller company where there aren't so many cooks in the kitchen it might even out to be about the same in terms of quality anyway?  Or maybe I'll just be on ...

Compare Company Line Rates (sm)
Apr 03, 2014

Can we post line rates quoted to experienced MTs this year?  I think many of us do not wish to waste applying and testing for a company that is reducing the line rate AGAIN to only .03 cpl.  If anyone was offered less than .04/.08, did you turn it down? Did they offer more? Name of company?Thanks for any input.  ...

How Does General Transcription Compare To Medical?
Apr 16, 2014

For those who have done general transcription how does it compare to medical?  Is it easier? What about the pay?  Any other info wold be great too! ...

Compare Line Rates Between IC And Employee?
Aug 19, 2014

Can someone please tell me how to compare line rates between IC and employee?  I know IC pays less due to taxes and social security not paid by employer, but if someone could tell me what 8 cpl as an IC really pays, I would really appreciate it.  TIA. ...

Can Someone Compare Andrews To AHIMA Basic Coding Course?
Feb 07, 2013

they call this a 12-course basics.  it says 2000, plus you need an additional 290 +225 for the required anatomy and physiology course, which you must at least get a C before you can proceed with the coding.  they also suggest 35 a year for becoming a member.  books are also a lot extra, looks like.   says 4 clusters of 15-week courses, that is 60 weeks, yes?   anyone have experience with this course?  call me gun-shy, but this is the organization who threw MT unde ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

IC For Softscript?
Feb 27, 2010

Has anyone ever been an IC for softscript?  I ask because I read the complaints that employees had, that they had to make up sick time and they're not at all flexible with scheduling.  Being an IC would seem to solve that problem.  Also, what sort of line count do they expect? ...

SOFTSCRIPT, Inc.
Apr 29, 2010

What can you tell me about a company called Softscript out of California?  Thanks. ...

Job With SoftScript
Oct 29, 2010

Does anyone know if SoftScript is a good company to work for?  ...

Anyone Here Went From MQ To Softscript?
Dec 01, 2010

I've been with MQ forever but just can't stand it anymore with all their changes and micromanaging.  I'm considering Softscript, but don't know anything about their platform.  Anyone here quit MQ to work at Softscript?  ...

SoftScript Pay?
Dec 08, 2010

How long after end of pay period does Softscript usually pay?  I'm fairly new and trying to adjust!  It's the 8th and end of November pay hasn't posted yet - is it just me since I'm new?  Whenever it is, it's okay - I'm not complaining - I'm just wondering so I can budget accordingly!  I wasn't told anything about this at training or hiring and knew some helpful follks on here could help!  ...

Oh Me Oh My Softscript
Apr 16, 2011

such a shame since somebody there had the good sense to hire PMs who demonstrate a certain degree of competence that the executive leadership does not so very sad stay tuned ...

SoftScript At It Again
Aug 10, 2011

I work on MULTIPLE accounts and had about 10 jobs so far today.  and they have job posting on MTjobs.  Hiring for transcriptionists and advertising plenty of work.  ...

I Am Not A Fan Of Softscript,but
Oct 20, 2011

But, they have an ad on MTjob board that is just hilarious and funny.  They have a picture of a dog sitting on a lap top computer working and underneath the caption it says are you tired of your employer treating you like a dog.  The dog even have on glasses.  I am stiill laughing. ...

Softscript Really Bad?
Nov 28, 2011

Just finished their testing.  Have read the archives of 2011 on them.  Does not sound like a company I want to work for.  Are they employee status or IC?   Any current SS employees out there? ...

Anyone Have Anything To Say About Softscript?
Jan 31, 2012

anyone have anything to say about softscript?...have an interview with them next week... ...

Softscript? To Be...or Not To Be?
May 30, 2012

Anyone have anything to say about Softscript?  The good, the bad, the ugly. :)  Whatever you got, I'd like to hear it.  Pay on time, good people to work for, what is the pay, etc.  You know, all that good stuff.  Thanks! :) ...