A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MTSOs and "paper checks" VENT - lmc

Posted: Aug 11, 2012

Just received a "paper check" from MTSO before DD kicks in.  I checked the name of the bank, never heard of it, did a website search and apparently, it was a bank that was absorbed by Wachovia which in turn, was absorbed by Wells Fargo.  However, they are still writing checks on the "old bank name."  I spent over an hour on the phone trying to verfify if ineed, I could go into a Wells Fargo branch and this check would be honored.  For heaven's sake, if you are going to be an MTSO, then take the time to order new checks with the proper bank name on them.  I worked for this company for about a week or so.  All communication was done via email  -- no company phone #, etc.  All communication was done via email.  They contract through the government and to me, this was the last straw.  I could have been working and been productive; however, I had to spend over an hour on the phone trying to contact "the original bank," and then branches of Wells Fargo, trying to find out if I could even go in and cash the check at a WF branch. 

So, will Wells Fargo honor the check or not? sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not understanding the result of your phone calls. Hope this works out for you.

Although a different situation, I've never had a problem using my old checks through each successive buyout of my bank of over 40 years, but usually there was a time limit and my bank would send out a new book of checks, sometimes with a completely different account number. I understand your frustration.

Apparently they will but... - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I just find it odd that they are still using checks from the "old bank." It is my understanding that when a bank changes hands, the routing number, account number etc. all change. Luckily, I am going in on Monday to cash the check, so if stuff happens, it's their dime since my bank is over six hours away, but the whole thing is really strange to me.

The routing number on the check - Wells Fargo customer

[ In Reply To ..]
will now be equated with Wells Fargo since the original bank was absorbed by Wachovia, then Wells Fargo. You can simply take the check to your bank and deposit it. There should be no difficulty whatsoever. The name of the bank on the check is irrelevant. It is the bank routing number that will determine where the money comes from. The routing number will now be equated wiht Wells Fargo. There is no need to get all new checks when a bank is absorbed by another. The old routing number is simply reassigned to the gaining bank and life goes on without a ripple.

Paper checks - kristyj

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a customer of Wells Fargo now but I was also a Wachovia customer before the takeover. We (account holders) were advised to continue using old checks even if they had the Wachovia name on them. Why would someone want to purchase new checks when the old ones are still good to use. Sorry to say but you wasted your time on this one. I am still using my checks with Wachovia name on them.

Similar Messages:

Paper Checks
Jan 12, 2015

So quick question - first check for Friday's payday was a paper check.  Still haven't received it.  How long have you guys waited for paper checks before?  Usually have direct deposit so this is a new experience for me :) ...

Sticky Paper
Feb 08, 2010

We lost our paper supplier for full sticky sheets with the easy peel margin (Formtec brand).  Does anyone have a lead on a supplier?  We were getting it for about 38/box for 212 sheets.  I can find full sheets on the net, but nothing with that type of margin or price?  TIA.  T. ...

Help - Looking For Contact Paper
Jan 20, 2011

Does anybody know where to purchase 8-1/2 x 11 white contact paper.  I am starting a new account that wants their chart note printed on this paper, and I cannot seem to find it anywhere.  Thanks for the help. ...

Paper Shredder
Feb 25, 2011

I need to know if anyone knows of a real heavy duty industrial shredder that won't break down after a year.  I work for a private doctor's office and need to shred thousands of papers after I finish the reports. ...

Anyone Received Their Paper W-2 Yet?
Jan 26, 2012

I know they are not required to mail them until the 31st, but has anyone received their paper W-2 yet?  TIA ...

Article In My Paper Today About MT Course...
Feb 21, 2010

There's an article today in my hometown newspaper from an area community college about its MT course, about how MTs are needed for VR, how they make $34,000 a year, and how you can work at home.  I just wanted to puke. Of course the goal is to get gullible people to sign up for their course, hoping they don't bother to research it too closely.... ...

Student Doing A Paper On Coding - Help
Apr 09, 2011

Hi all. I am doing a career exploration paper on medical coding. I need some interesting facts about medical coding. Can anyone explain how the ICD came about? Any other interesting facts would be appreciated! ...

No More Paper Check Stubs
Sep 28, 2012

I want my own stub mailed to me... Jerks. ...

M*MODAL COMMENTS IN TN PAPER
Mar 21, 2014

M*Modal participates in the market where pricing has dropped by 35% below what M*Modal needs to sustain. M*Modal has heavy cost structure with debt load and G&A which will prevent it from being cost effective in Transcription Out-sourcing market. M*Modal has also pursued a technology solution model similar to Nuance where clinical documentation review/edit/accuracy function is being transitioned to physicians using Fluency by M*Modal and Dragon 360 by Nuance. The ineffectiveness of this app ...

Interview For Research Paper
Mar 02, 2015

Would anyone be willing to give me a quick interview?  Questions include:  How did you get into field?  Why did this field appeal to you?  Does it meet with your satisfaction?  Years of employment and level of responsibility?  ...

Checks
Jun 19, 2010

Do most companies hold back the first check for 1 week? or are they all different? Just curious. ...

TTD, Checks
Sep 07, 2012

Have you received your check from TTD which was apparently mailed Tuesday?  I am weary of the stress of waiting for my checks.  I know, I know, lots of warning about this company but I try to give ppl the benefit of the doubt.  Thanks. ...

Ortho: S/l Paper And Pen Plate Bottoms
Feb 14, 2013

Talking about limitations of use of extremity. Sounds like pen and paper plate or site bottoms? Thanks! ...

AHIMA Article On Transition From Paper To EHR
Mar 19, 2013

I read in: http://library.ahima.org/xpedio/groups/public/documents/ahima/bok1_048635.hcsp?dDocName=bok1_048635 About EHR and the need to review file room staffing and need to reduce or redefine staff as the record becomes fully electronic, and consider work queues that are built into electronic record systems that will drive HIM staff members' work for the day (e.g., verbal orders that are not signed, transcriptions, etc.). What I am asking the coding forum today is,  Are coder ...

Wound Checks - Thanks For Your Help!
Feb 11, 2010

it was a smashed toe and nail plate had to be repositioned - Dad has been doing daily dressing changes at home, which includes s/l "pass rinth", hydrogen s/l "brooks" peroxide soaks.   thanks. ...

Anyone Know About Final Checks . . .
Jun 25, 2010

I finally cut ties with the Q after being returning to work for them and finding them not to be the company they once were or the pay was not the same.  After careful consideration and finding another position, I resigned.  Awaiting my pay out from my PTO and being told it would be deposited today, nada.   Anyone have any idea about this?  Will this be sent as a final check or did I get the royal kick in the you know where and will not see that PTO payout. Thanks Q. ...

My Last Three Checks With The New Ultipro
Feb 11, 2011

within $5 of each other.  Either I am the most predictable transcriptionist around or that seems weird to me.  ...

Background Checks
Feb 25, 2014

Does anyone know if companies typically call your former employers for background checks?  I have jumped around a lot in the last several years for various reasons, and still looking for the right fit, but have applied to 10 different companies in 2 weeks and have only heard from 2. I'm wondering if my resume and recent work history is the problem. I'm an MT of 8 years, so lack fo experience is not the problem. Maybe it's the time of year? If I don't find something soon, ...

Cash Those Checks
Mar 08, 2014

Wall Street Journal M*Modal Preparing to File for Bankruptcy Wall Street Journal M*Modal is in discussions with its creditors on a prearranged restructuring plan that would streamline its trip through bankruptcy court, these people ... ...

WEEKLY Q/A Checks
Dec 03, 2014

During the video presentation, she said we would now have weekly QA checks.  This means, in essence, that you can type all week with less than 10% QC submission, and a great QA score, and have it ruined with just 1 critical error, which typically gives you a QA score of under 89% if it is a report with less than 30 lines.  Then it would be a cut in pay because your converted (lower) lines would be multipled by 7 cents, yes all of the lines.  I don't know about you, but if I h ...

Keystrokes Checks
Jan 17, 2015

Tell me something is wrong. It's payday and my check isn't in my account and it's always in my account, no problems before. Is it because of the holidays or what? Anyone else with problems? ...

First Paycheck - Is It Direct Deposit Or Paper Check?
Nov 09, 2009

Used to be if you made change of bank account, the first one was paper and then DD kicked in.  Anyone know>? ...

Paper Check Versus Direct Deposit
Dec 11, 2009

I just signed up for direct deposit but I didn't get paid yesterday like I was supposed to.  How long does it take for a paper check to arrive in the mail?  ...

For A School Paper: What Are Hospitals Paying For In-house MTs Currently? Sm
Jun 28, 2013

I have to compare 20 or more hospitals in different parts of the country. I only need the state, not the city or name of the hospital. I am supposed to list the hourly rate and if there is an incentive plan. I know that these jobs are getting more and more rare, and I know that I probably won't be able to get one, but I really want to get a good grade on this paper, and I don't know where else to ask. Thank you in advance. ...

Do Any Of You Use Sticky Paper To Print Chart Notes?
Jul 23, 2013

I am beginning to transcribe for a new local physician.  I've been an MT for 20 years, have had my own clients & have worked for the nationals - but I've never printed onto sticky paper.  The office manager gave me a whole pack of it.  It has 11 perforated sections from top to bottom, with about a 1-inch margin on right and left. Is there some sort of a template for Microsoft word that will print correctly onto each section? I don't see a name brand on the pac ...

New Cutting Edge Paper Medical Chart!
Dec 04, 2014

It's satire, and yet so true.. ...

ER Doc Checks A Beta HCG On A TEN-YEAR-OLD
Jun 12, 2010

Where have I been the last 50 years.  When are girls "starting" these days. ...

Have TTD Employees Received Their Checks Yet....
Nov 02, 2011

nm ...

Do Banks Keep Copies Of All Checks
Feb 03, 2012

Does anybody know if banks keep copies of all checks cashed. Self employed but need a copy of a check that was cashed. ...

Precyse Background Checks
Mar 27, 2012

I tested and passed with Precyse and was interviewed twice and offered a position and accepted.  I have received 3 acceptance letters, a start date, and an email stating my equipment is on the way.  I was called by HR saying they are getting ready to run the background check and wanted to know what charges I had to make certain it meshes with what they uncover.  Of course I am crazy anxious about this, but it also just all seems like a very chaotic hiring system.  Shouldn ...