A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Paper check versus Direct Deposit - Marie

Posted: Dec 11, 2009

I just signed up for direct deposit but I didn't get paid yesterday like I was supposed to.  How long does it take for a paper check to arrive in the mail? 

they usually arrived the day of or the day after for me - I was lucky though

[ In Reply To ..]
Mine was never really late. It is around Chistmas though so it might just be a little late!

Snail mail - ORMT

[ In Reply To ..]
It all depends on the US mail. I can get it the day before, the day of, or the next day. There have been times where it was 2 or 3 days late because of the US mail service. Usually around the holidays it is a day or two late. I will not do direct deposit though because I have had very bad experiences with it (system going down) that really messed me up in the past and took months to straighten out. At least with the mail service I know it can be after pay date and plan for it.

PAPER CHECK - PurpleHaze

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told by someone in pay roll that it can take up to 2 pay periods before you start getting the direct deposit. I changed banks and sent in my new direct deposit info about 3 weeks ago or so. I did see a note on my check stub today stating that my direct deposit was pending via verifying my bank account. Hopefully it will be start direct deposit on the December 24 check for me. I just got my paper check today (12/11). I guess the mail is running a little slower this month due to so much holiday mail going through.

Similar Messages:

First Paycheck - Is It Direct Deposit Or Paper Check?
Nov 09, 2009

Used to be if you made change of bank account, the first one was paper and then DD kicked in.  Anyone know>? ...

Anyone Else NOT See Direct Deposit In Their
Dec 24, 2009

NM ...

Any Ex JLG Get Their Direct Deposit Yet?
Sep 23, 2011

Maybe I just checked too early? Thanks! ...

Where Is My Direct Deposit? Anyone Else?
Oct 31, 2013

I am wondering if the bank is playing with the money or there is a problem in payroll distribution land. B of A has finally stated (admitted) the method they are using to manipulate credits and debits to generate the most fees My direct deposit has always shown up at midnight. My bank text message notification always comes just after midnight. ...

Direct Deposit
Feb 06, 2015

Can those of you who have direct deposit for your pay check tell me when it is normally deposited to your account? Thanks! ...

Direct Deposit Late
Dec 28, 2012

Is anyoe else's direct deposit late?  Mine always shows up shortly after midnight, but it is not there.  ...

Is Direct Deposit Required?
Jan 21, 2015

Is direct deposit required, or are paper checks an option to get paid? ...

FutureNet Tech Direct Deposit
Jan 28, 2011

Anyone else not get paid via direct deposit today? The gal in payroll has not replied to my email and wondering what is going on.  ...

Anyone Receive Their Direct Deposit Tonight?
Dec 28, 2012

Mine usually hits tonight (Thursday night) and I have not received it. ...

Direct Deposit Paycheck From Transtech?
Feb 09, 2013

Did anyone else not receive their direct deposit paycheck from Transtech? This is a first for me.  ...

Direct Deposit, Thought I Would Share
May 08, 2013

Just thought I would share.  With direct deposit, I've read people saying they don't have bank accounts or whatever, and I have one, but choose to use a Netspend card for my direct deposits.  The GOOD THINGS about the card are that first of all, you receive your direct deposit the MINUTE it is sent by your company.  I am ALWAYS paid two days earlier than payday and that is on both jobs that I work.  There is no waiting for the bank to clear and such or worrying abou ...

Nice That IMEDX Direct Deposit Came In
Nov 27, 2014

xx ...

Why Would A Company Not Offer Direct Deposit?
Feb 13, 2015

It seems to be a win-win for both transcriptionist and company with time saving and cost saving. So, why would they not offer it? Makes one wonder if the company is financially sound. ...

Not Liking Lack Of Direct Deposit.
Mar 06, 2015

The company I work for is decent, as far as MTSOs go. Pay is better than most but still crappy IMO.  The problem is they do not offer direct deposit. Receiving my check is so sporadic with mail service being horrible. Some pay periods I get it 2 days after mailing, other times it may take up to a week. I have bills to pay and really need something that I can depend on being there at regular interval. Really considering going elsewhere if they don't start offering Direct Depos ...

Keystrokes - Paycheck By Direct Deposit Or By Mail?
Jul 15, 2010

Does anyone know if keystrokes pays your last paycheck by direct deposit or by mail? Thank you. ...

Assistmed People - Get Your Direct Deposit Today?
Sep 25, 2012

For anybody that works for Assistmed, did you get your direct deposit?  Mine always, always hits my bank between 12:30 a.m. and 12:45 a.m., except this time of course, when it's critical. TIA! ...

AssistMed Paychecks? Anyone Gotten Theirs This Week Since They Did Not Do Direct Deposit? Nm
Sep 13, 2013

nm ...

Anybody Work For Breitner? Direct Deposit Question
Oct 03, 2013

I'm a recent hire working for Breitner.  I got my training pay through the mail and now I am supposed to be getting my first regular direct deposit pay check tomorrow, 10/04.  However, when I go to Paychex and check my paystubs online, it says no check history.   I know pay day isn't until tomorrow, but my experience with other places is that usually the check history will show up online a few days in advance of the day the actual check hits via direct deposit.  I& ...

With Direct Deposit, Do Nuance Paychecks Ever Arrive Early?
Feb 13, 2015

I'm a newbie at Nuance, and I was just wondering if anyone's check comes early with direct deposit, or does everyone get them on the actual payday? ...

No More Paper Check Stubs
Sep 28, 2012

I want my own stub mailed to me... Jerks. ...

Sticky Paper
Feb 08, 2010

We lost our paper supplier for full sticky sheets with the easy peel margin (Formtec brand).  Does anyone have a lead on a supplier?  We were getting it for about 38/box for 212 sheets.  I can find full sheets on the net, but nothing with that type of margin or price?  TIA.  T. ...

Help - Looking For Contact Paper
Jan 20, 2011

Does anybody know where to purchase 8-1/2 x 11 white contact paper.  I am starting a new account that wants their chart note printed on this paper, and I cannot seem to find it anywhere.  Thanks for the help. ...

Paper Shredder
Feb 25, 2011

I need to know if anyone knows of a real heavy duty industrial shredder that won't break down after a year.  I work for a private doctor's office and need to shred thousands of papers after I finish the reports. ...

Anyone Received Their Paper W-2 Yet?
Jan 26, 2012

I know they are not required to mail them until the 31st, but has anyone received their paper W-2 yet?  TIA ...

Paper Checks
Jan 12, 2015

So quick question - first check for Friday's payday was a paper check.  Still haven't received it.  How long have you guys waited for paper checks before?  Usually have direct deposit so this is a new experience for me :) ...

Article In My Paper Today About MT Course...
Feb 21, 2010

There's an article today in my hometown newspaper from an area community college about its MT course, about how MTs are needed for VR, how they make $34,000 a year, and how you can work at home.  I just wanted to puke. Of course the goal is to get gullible people to sign up for their course, hoping they don't bother to research it too closely.... ...

Student Doing A Paper On Coding - Help
Apr 09, 2011

Hi all. I am doing a career exploration paper on medical coding. I need some interesting facts about medical coding. Can anyone explain how the ICD came about? Any other interesting facts would be appreciated! ...

M*MODAL COMMENTS IN TN PAPER
Mar 21, 2014

M*Modal participates in the market where pricing has dropped by 35% below what M*Modal needs to sustain. M*Modal has heavy cost structure with debt load and G&A which will prevent it from being cost effective in Transcription Out-sourcing market. M*Modal has also pursued a technology solution model similar to Nuance where clinical documentation review/edit/accuracy function is being transitioned to physicians using Fluency by M*Modal and Dragon 360 by Nuance. The ineffectiveness of this app ...

Interview For Research Paper
Mar 02, 2015

Would anyone be willing to give me a quick interview?  Questions include:  How did you get into field?  Why did this field appeal to you?  Does it meet with your satisfaction?  Years of employment and level of responsibility?  ...

Ortho: S/l Paper And Pen Plate Bottoms
Feb 14, 2013

Talking about limitations of use of extremity. Sounds like pen and paper plate or site bottoms? Thanks! ...