A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Insurance claims transcription - mdscribe

Posted: Apr 12, 2015

What is the current per-character rate for insurance claims transcription?

Similar Messages:

Webmedx Claims To Be Mostly VR?
Apr 06, 2010

My hospital employs Wmx for overflow work.  Their contact person claims we are their only account not using voice recognition, and that almost 70% of the VR reports are good to go without editing.  I find this hard to believe, as so many doctors are resistant to VR because it doesn't work well.  I also find their 70% claim questionable as we've had VR for Radiology for 5 years and approximately TWO percent of reports do not need editing and it has been a big waste o ...

Transcribing Disability Claims Reports
Mar 22, 2010

Just a new graduate question.  What is the difference in pay rate when transcribing medical claims assessment reports for the doctors.  Apparently it is alittle more because the Dr. charges the insurance companies @$200-$400 per report.  I am helping a local physician with some of his  "overflow", but want fair pay.  What does everyone think about $20/hour or $1/dictated minute or a flat rate per report.  Help!   ...

Proof Of Work For Small Claims Court?
Apr 08, 2010

So hoping it doesn't come to this, but I'm thinking I may need to take someone to small claims court.  Would my invoices work? Logs? Or do I need the actual reports and if so how does HIPAA play into that? Any advice? many thanks busybee ...

Yikes. EWord Claims Their Prices Are Equal To ILP.
Mar 31, 2014

I did not bother testing as the stated compensation was $0.005 per word. This is the equivalent of about $0.05 per line and a little over $1 per page (single spaced). ...

Insurance Or Worker's Comp Transcription
Apr 07, 2010

Are there any companies that do worker's comp, or insurance for auto insurance? ...

DTS (digital Transcription Services) - How Their Insurance Is
Mar 07, 2013

I know they did some advertising a while back and wanted to get some fresh perspective on them.  I did search the archives and did not find much that current.  Anybody recently been hired by them and how is it.  I am curious as to how their insurance is.   ...

Medical Transcription Liability Insurance
Sep 19, 2013

Where do you buy transcription liability insurance and how expensive is it. I'm ready to go work at Wal-Mart after 20 years in this business. ...

Medical Transcription Vs Selling Insurance?
Feb 18, 2014

In my eagerness to get out of MT (and home based work in general), I've sent my resume to 4 different staffing agencies. I have an interview at a local Aflac office tomorrow, they seemed impressed by my medical knowledge and clerical skills. The interview occurs during my normal MT schedule, so I lied to my TSM, telling her I had a dental appointment. The thing is, I've got other offers from other insurance companies. I have NO sales experience, and there is NOTHING on my resume to ind ...

Article - Doctor Claims Poor EMR Training Cost Him His Job
Oct 27, 2011

Ha! This thing looks like as I predicted....a disaster waiting to happen.   http://www.fierceemr.com/story/fired-doctor-my-ehr-training-was-poor/2011-10-27?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=internal ...

Reliance Standard Short- And/or Long-term Disability Claims.
Jan 02, 2013

Has anyone had the misfortune to file a disability claim through your employer with this company?  On 11/19/12 HR at my employer sent them my paperwork and said it would take 7 days for a decision.  No decision yet and HR has not followed up, so I'm hung out to dry.  I have had to call Reliance constantly wanting to know what's going on and it's one excuse after another, making them and my employer look totally incompetent.  If you're paying for short- or ...

Digital Transcription Systems? Medical Insurance
Dec 08, 2011

A good company to work for?  Good medical insurance?  Lots of work?  Any input is greatly appreciated. ...

Mobile Assistant - Financial And Insurance Transcription?
Mar 26, 2013

Has anyone worked for Mobile Assistant, a company that has financial and insurance transcription? If so, what was your experience like with this company?  Thanks. ...

Medical Transcription - Health Insurance For A New Employee At The 30-day Or 60-day Mark?
Mar 01, 2010

Anyone know of a company who starts health insurance  for a new employee at the 30-day or 60-day mark? ...

Should The Insurance Companies Take Over The Daunting Task Of The Transcription Service?
Jun 21, 2012

It just seems like it would save a step, as far as billing goes, the M.D. would get reimbursed more quickly. Insurance companies may even pay MTs more? Wouldn't this have substantial savings in administrative and other costs? They would not have to keep trimming back on their transcription costs by lowering the MT pay rates. ...

Insurance Question. If I Sign Up For Insurance Sm
Apr 15, 2010

and family member wishes to join later, can I enroll at any time or must it be during "official" enrollment period?    Thank you.  ...

Landmark Insurance - Insurance Cards Yet?
Jan 13, 2011

Has anybody received their insurance cards yet? ...

Landmark Insurance - What Is Happening With Our Insurance?
Jan 24, 2011

What do other LMers think of what is happening with our insurance?  I am the head of our household and am worried.  What do we do when COBRA runs out? ...

Nuance Insurance Or Obama's "marketplace" Insurance
Oct 17, 2013

Hmmmmmm, should I go with Nuance insurance or Obama's "marketplace" insurance - that is the question. I'll be broke either way. ...

TT Insurance...
Dec 30, 2009

Just curious if anyone currently working at TT has received their new insurance info in the mail?  Yes, I've contacted HR but I never get a response. Thx ...

FYI Regarding Insurance
May 17, 2011

I don't know if yall know this, but I found out during the process of appealing an insurance claim that MedQuist is self-insured.  They set our rates and our benefits and pay all our claims, United Healthcare just administers the fund!  Kind of explains why things got so sh***y so fast, it's because MedQuist is calling the shots ...

MQ Insurance
Jul 12, 2011

Just wondering, MQ says that there insurance is second to none.  So, how good is their insurance and how expensive?  TIA Looking for love in all the wrong places, apparently. ...

So If You Are Ex JLG Now Do You Just Not Have Any Insurance Or What
Oct 02, 2011

Do we have to wait 90 days just like when hired on at a new job? I don't understand how this is fair considering I didn't ask for a change.  ...

Insurance-fed Up
Feb 16, 2012

I have had to use this insurance several times for MRIs.  This insurance pays for NOTHING.  I sure hope with the switch in suits and the new name change we can get a cheaper deductible when the benefits package comes up again in June.  This is just horrible!  This is eating up my paycheck fast. ...

LTD, STD Insurance Up
Mar 13, 2012

Did anyone else's insurance go up on LTD and STD insurance rate on the last paycheck.  These insurance companies are nickel, diming and $100 their way thru our pay. ...

Gap Insurance
Apr 06, 2012

message deleted ...

Insurance?
Nov 07, 2012

I just went over the NEW (using the term loosely) insurance for January.. wow.. there is not much change to mention.  Well, except that smokers will have to pay more.  We will still have to pay (single) 2500.00 out of pocket before they will even pay the 75% (my heart goes out to those with families!).  I dont know about the rest of you, but that just dooms me to no benefits to speak of or else to just owe out the wazooo.  I had been told by my physician that I had ...

Insurance And Rx
May 02, 2013

I just read the insurance thread and one of you mentioned having no Rx coverage. Go to www.goodrx.com    I've gotten deals there that are far better than what I was getting through my insurance (current plan does not include Rx coverage).  For instance, my BP medication was $95 cash, $50 insurance, and $33 through GoodRx.   ...

How Much Is Insurance
Aug 01, 2014

How much is the premium for health insurance for individual with Nuance? ...

Insurance With LM
Jan 18, 2015

Did anyone get the insurance through LM or did all that fall through?  No one ever contacted me about it.  Just curious.   ...

AP Insurance
May 01, 2015

Was anyone able to find an answer regarding AP's insurance?  ...