A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Webmedx claims to be mostly VR? - hmm

Posted: Apr 06, 2010

My hospital employs Wmx for overflow work.  Their contact person claims we are their only account not using voice recognition, and that almost 70% of the VR reports are good to go without editing.  I find this hard to believe, as so many doctors are resistant to VR because it doesn't work well.  I also find their 70% claim questionable as we've had VR for Radiology for 5 years and approximately TWO percent of reports do not need editing and it has been a big waste of time and money.  I feel Wmx is likely just trying to push their product on our hospital so they can have more of the work.  To those of you working for Wmx - do all of your accounts have VR?

There are good programs - VR and MT MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't speak to how much of WebMedx accounts are VR. But I know the service I work for says this is being requested from more and more clients and that they see a large portion of their accts going this way.

Not sure what program your Rads are using, but there are some kick-ass radiology VR programs out there. Maybe 2% of docs using them end up with reports that need heavily edited.

The new age of VR products learns as it goes so there will still be a small percentage of dictators that VR doesn't like (just like MTS!) but more and more I'm seeing quality work. Not perfect yet mind you, but worth the investment for a hospital or clinic.

I think its a long way off - just my opinion

[ In Reply To ..]
Our radiologists dictate 100% of their reports through the VR and only 2% do not need editing. The hospital spent a ton of money on the program plus training and still have to spend more money on full-time editors day and night. As for non-radiology VR, I haven't talked to a doctor yet who is happy with the ease of use or quality, and they are all using different VR programs. Which ones actually work well? I haven't come across them yet.
It seems that if VR doesn't yet work for Radiology (where the terminology is simple and not all that varied), it is going to be a long time coming for it to work for acute care reports.

I agree - AVRE

[ In Reply To ..]
The VR I work on does fairly well, but I think it would be a foolish organization that would place any legal VR document into a record without proofreading and comparing the dictation word for word.

To just my opinion - - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It is not a long ways off- I use VR and have used Escription now for about 5 years and it does an excelllent job with acute care of any specialty. People are terribly misinformed to think that just because their platform does not work well, they think all are the same. Please inform yourself because it certainly does not have to be simple dictation, have excellent dictators, etc. in order to produce a good quality report.

I agree - sapient
[ In Reply To ..]
eScription is the only VR engine I will use, I used it for nearly 2 years and it had my outpatient work at 90% regognized and I could literally sit and drink my coffee while scanning a report. The acute care was at about 75% because we had constantly new rotating doctors, which makes it harder to get good drafts, but even that those 75% were probably 80% correct with only 20% needing major corrections.

Not yet as far as my account goes - WMX MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder what the time frame is when they get to that point. So far every VR report I do has to be edited and there is never a report that doesnt have several serious errors.

So in my mind when they get to 70% without any changes needed, that is when the VR cpl will be good pay. But what I really think is that if VR ever gets close to that accurate, I will never see those reports. What a bum deal that is, considering WE the MTs would have trained the system. Sigh.

Did you actually hear their contact person say this or are you sm - SWWMB

[ In Reply To ..]
interpreting what someone told someone else who told you? I'm just curious since I work for Webmedx and know of several accounts in the company that are not on VR.

Are you sure that they say 70% are good to go without editing? Or is it 70% of volumes on a particular account can even be considered for VR?

This is the contact person's claim - hmm

[ In Reply To ..]
I think she is just full of baloney because she knows the hospital would have a difficult time determining how many accounts are really on VR. Yes, her claim was that almost all accounts are on VR and that 70% do not need editing. I don't believe anything she says because of course they made lots of big claims about how much coverage they can provide any day, any time and the quality of the work and that promise has not materialized.

All my accts are VR but all jobs need much editing. nm - weblet

[ In Reply To ..]
x

My primary will not be VR, but 1 secondary is and the other likely will be. - so,

[ In Reply To ..]
yes, they are trying to transition as much as possible to VR. I haven't used it too much on my secondary, so I can't really comment on the quality.

They plan on October goal for - making us all VR

[ In Reply To ..]
And yes, I think they are pushing with all their might, no matter what complaints they get, what glitches they find, and what problems arise. Full steam ahead to our conversion to the Borg.

Tell your docs to just say no!

Similar Messages:

Insurance Claims Transcription
Apr 12, 2015

What is the current per-character rate for insurance claims transcription? ...

Transcribing Disability Claims Reports
Mar 22, 2010

Just a new graduate question.  What is the difference in pay rate when transcribing medical claims assessment reports for the doctors.  Apparently it is alittle more because the Dr. charges the insurance companies @$200-$400 per report.  I am helping a local physician with some of his  "overflow", but want fair pay.  What does everyone think about $20/hour or $1/dictated minute or a flat rate per report.  Help!   ...

Proof Of Work For Small Claims Court?
Apr 08, 2010

So hoping it doesn't come to this, but I'm thinking I may need to take someone to small claims court.  Would my invoices work? Logs? Or do I need the actual reports and if so how does HIPAA play into that? Any advice? many thanks busybee ...

Yikes. EWord Claims Their Prices Are Equal To ILP.
Mar 31, 2014

I did not bother testing as the stated compensation was $0.005 per word. This is the equivalent of about $0.05 per line and a little over $1 per page (single spaced). ...

Article - Doctor Claims Poor EMR Training Cost Him His Job
Oct 27, 2011

Ha! This thing looks like as I predicted....a disaster waiting to happen.   http://www.fierceemr.com/story/fired-doctor-my-ehr-training-was-poor/2011-10-27?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=internal ...

Reliance Standard Short- And/or Long-term Disability Claims.
Jan 02, 2013

Has anyone had the misfortune to file a disability claim through your employer with this company?  On 11/19/12 HR at my employer sent them my paperwork and said it would take 7 days for a decision.  No decision yet and HR has not followed up, so I'm hung out to dry.  I have had to call Reliance constantly wanting to know what's going on and it's one excuse after another, making them and my employer look totally incompetent.  If you're paying for short- or ...

Hmm Will We @ Webmedx Get Nothing After-sm
Dec 19, 2009

being slapped in the face the whole year?  Looks like it to me.  Oh well, it beats the print-your-own cookbook. What a mess this company has turned out to be.  Even Transcend still manages to be thoughtful during the holidays. ...

Where To After Webmedx?
Dec 23, 2009

Those of you who left Wedmedx after finding out our pay will be cut again due to the great production potential coming with the switch to M-Modal (oh, my goodness--how many of us do they think fell off the turnip truck?), where'd you go?  Is it any better? ...

Webmedx Cpl For ASR
Apr 07, 2010

Hoping someone can help me with a few questions.  Considering making a change to Webmedx and was wondering about the cpl for ASR.  I also hear that they have lots of overtime and was hoping someone can validate this information.  Any input is appreciated. ...

Webmedx Needs To Pay
Apr 24, 2010

The unremarkable Wedmedx needs to pay for the downtime MTs are incurring because they want to switch everything over to their horrendous ISR.  The unremarkable Webmedx requires 1 to 4 hours to get new computers up and running and yet we production people are supposed to make up that time or use our PTO time or just not get paid.  The unremarkable Webmedx just hired new people and gave them bonuses to sign on but can't pay their longtime loyal employees for time lost due to no ...

Webmedx MTs
Sep 03, 2010

I just want you to know what a phenomenal job I think you all did on those atrocious accounts.  I QA'ed your work and was amazed at what you could decipher out of those dictations.  You are all amazing MTs in my eyes and any company out there would be lucky to have you working for them. I am so sorry we are all going through this but everything happens for a reason, so they say.  Let's just hope we all have brighter days ahead of us and better things. I was blessed to wo ...

Webmedx Pay Better Than Most
Oct 16, 2010

I know a lot of MTs and I keep getting calls to get on MTStars and read the latest bashing of Webmedx.  So when I finished work today I decided to do just that.  To hear all of your complaints I wonder if this is the same company I've been working for all these years. I've been editing since ISR started with them and it took me about a year to make up and at times exceed where I was.  Now I prefer ISR.  The long and the short of it is that as long as Webmedx keeps ...

Webmedx RIF
Nov 03, 2010

RIF still in effect for some.  Gone after seven years with this company right after they posted they will be hiring 100+ MTs for new account business.  So sad what this once good company has become. ...

WebMedX And M-TEC
Nov 11, 2010

Is anyone currently working for WebMedX an M-TEC graduate? I'm currently a Premier I student at M-TEC. Since WebMedX is a sister company to M-TEC, I here they are willing to hire new M-TEC granduates who lack the usual 2 years of experience. If you are an M-TEC graduate currently employed by WebMedX, what was your M-TEC graduating GPA? What is a good enough GPA to get hired by WebMedX? I will be graduating in April 2012 and would like to start making some employment plans. ANY INF ...

WebmedX AGAIN
Nov 18, 2010

I know, ad nauseum, but is there ANYBODY here who DOES have work?  When you DO have work, does it seem like it has suddenly become harder to get lines?  ...

Webmedx - New AMs
Apr 03, 2011

Do you all hear from your AM over the weekend?  ...

Webmedx Pay Changes
Apr 28, 2011

Well, fresh new announcement of production pay changes, headed up by the new MT manager.  Why am I not surprised?  Details are forthcoming.  Sorry for my fellow employees. ...

Webmedx Job
Nov 24, 2011

Hi, I was just offered a position at Webmedx and wanted to get some feedback to see if current MTs were happy there and why or why not? I need some quick responses if possible because I was planning on quitting my other job on Monday.  Thanks ...

Please! If Anyone Has Gotten Their WebMedx W2---
Feb 15, 2012

Hi! I worked for this company this summer and am absolutely being given the runaround when it comes to getting my W2. I've been given 3 numbers to call so far and I'm at a loss. Would anyone who has already received theirs please mind sending me an e-mail? I have a question- Thank you so much!! Arizona ...

Any Comments On WebMedx?
Oct 22, 2009

I am looking to make a change from MedQuist.  Does anyone know how WebMedx compares? ...

Encompass And WebMedX
Oct 30, 2009

I am looking at joining either the Encompass Medical Transcription team or the WebMedX team.  Can anyone give me an opinion on either company?  Specifically, what are the like to work for?  I need details.  Thanks so much,  LPMT ...

Comparison Of ASR With Webmedx And MQ.
Nov 15, 2009

Anyone else working for/or have worked for both who has noticed a difference in the quality of the ASR on one as compared to the other.  I may be crazy, but I think I make far fewer corrections to the ASR on MQ work.  Maybe just lucky, but I tend to be a mouse user  (I know - shame on me, but I am getting better) and I find my right hand lets me know when I have been using the mouse more. ...

Looking For Info On Webmedx
Nov 30, 2009

Looking for work environment information on Webmedx, along with workload, equipment, pay, etc...anything would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Webmedx Platform
Jan 06, 2010

Can anybody tell me what platform Webmedx uses? Thanks. ...

Webmedx CMT Class. Sm
Jan 09, 2010

Has any Webbies out there ever taken this class?  If so, would it be worth it?  Just curious before I sign up for it.  TIA. ...

Webmedx Overtime
Jan 18, 2010

Just heard Webmedx just paid between $20-40/hr (yes hourly rate!) to service new accounts on an overtime basis.  Can anyone validate this information. ...

Anyone Work For Webmedx?
Jan 19, 2010

I hire Webmedx is hiring.  Anyone out there work for them and can tell me good or bad things about them?  Please email me.  Thx ...

Webmedx...any New Info On Them?
Jan 21, 2010

I had read a lot about this company several months ago that was very bad.  I was just wondering how they are currently and what are their requirements for part-time and is the pay comparable to MQ?  Radiology pay?  Thanks in advance. ...

WebmedX New ISR Engine
Feb 04, 2010

Opinions? Am i the only one unimpressed? I can't believe THIS is what they think is so fabulous that it warrants a pay cut.  ...

Webmedx Bonus
Feb 25, 2010

Can anybody tell me more about their Start and Stay Bonus.  It's $1500. Over what period of time is it stretched out/broken up?   ...