A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medical Transcription liability insurance - extremely frustrated

Posted: Sep 19, 2013

Where do you buy transcription liability insurance and how expensive is it. I'm ready to go work at Wal-Mart after 20 years in this business.

Liability insurance - Laurie G.

[ In Reply To ..]
This is one of the reasons why I "retired" from transcription 4 years ago. Most insurance agents didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about, and the only other place I could buy it from was AHDI (if I recall correctly). The least expensive rate I found was over $300 a year, and we live in the sticks! Best wishes in whatever you decide.

Similar Messages:

Liability Insurance For IC's
Apr 12, 2010

Any ICs out there that have been told they have to carry "liability insurance" that also covers HIPPA breaches?  I feel this job is costing me more money than I can make anymore.  Plus, they tell me when I can and can't take off, when I have to work, etc. and even call me on weekends when TAT is running out and I'm off.  Of course when I do take off, I don't get paid and am told I have to make the time up.  What the heck?  Anway, back on subject, anybody have the insurance an ...

Need Liability Insurance.
Jan 18, 2012

I'm have a part time IC job that is mine if I want it, but I need liability insurance.  I'm having trouble finding a company around me that offers it for a single person.  I'm waiting for some calls back, but wondered if anyone has some suggestions.  This is only going to be a part time second job for me right now, so I don't want to pay a fortune.  The woman who does the job now, but wants to cut back on work, has her's through State Farm for $26, bu ...

Alltype And Liability Insurance
Apr 17, 2010

Does anyone know where to go to for the liability insurance due to HIPPA?  Alltype is requiring this now. ...

Liability Insurance - Have You Been Asked
Oct 07, 2010

Has anyone been asked to purchase liabillity insurance for themselves as an IC.  If so, how much does it cost.  I was interviewed for an IC position, they said they had insurance, but I would also have to purchase liability insurance.  I have never done worked as an IC before so I could use some tips. ...

Replacing Liability Insurance
May 29, 2012

The corp. I contract with is replacing Dictaphone and transcription with Powerscribe and editing.  I have been presented with an extensive contract which will supersede the transcription agreement I have had for 10+ years.  Aside from the disparity in pay and expectation to edit STATS for free, I have serious concerns about signing a contract that states I have full legal liability for the edited report and that I have to carry Workers Comp and 1-3 Million $ E&O and general liability insurance ...

From IC To BA - Requirement And Liability Insurance
Aug 19, 2013

Hi. I received an email from my account telling me ICs are now BA (business associate) per HIPAA. Honestly, I do not know anything about this. They provided some links for me to read on. I was given the choice to become a BA and provide the requirements they need or become an employee. I would like to still be self-employed and not an employee if I can. Have anyone here completed the requirements? Can you please help me how you got the requirements done? They also require liability insuranc ...

Anybody Here Carries A Liability Insurance
Aug 30, 2013

Hello, I just want to ask if anybody here carries a liability insurance. How much do you pay? Anybody here can share with me information about being a business associate (independent contractor) in compliance with the new HIPAA law?   Thanks. ...

Liability Insurance For IC Position?
Dec 10, 2014

I just interviewed with a company that told me I have to have a million dollars in liability insurance and have to show them the certificate in order to be an IC. ??? Do all the IC's out there carry this? Does anybody know where you buy this and how much it costs? ...

Liability Insurance For Independent Contractor
Nov 01, 2010

Do any of you who work as an independent contractor for an MTSO carry liability insurance?  Why or why not?  Do they have to carry it and cover you or are you responsible for this?  Thanks.  ...

Errors & Omissions Liability Insurance
Jul 24, 2013

Was just informed that I cannot continue to work unless I have E&O liability insurance.  WT@#$#!$#$#!!!!  Does anyone have this?  ...

Liability Insurance For Business Associate/IC
Nov 02, 2013

I spent a lot of time looking for an insurance company that will not charge me an arm and a leg to be insured as a Business Associate (formerly IC). I paid $400 a year, which is not bad considering the other choices. I just want to share to those of you that need to be insured.   http://www.myvirtualstore.yolasite.com/professional-liability-insurance.php   ...

Medical Transcription Vs Selling Insurance?
Feb 18, 2014

In my eagerness to get out of MT (and home based work in general), I've sent my resume to 4 different staffing agencies. I have an interview at a local Aflac office tomorrow, they seemed impressed by my medical knowledge and clerical skills. The interview occurs during my normal MT schedule, so I lied to my TSM, telling her I had a dental appointment. The thing is, I've got other offers from other insurance companies. I have NO sales experience, and there is NOTHING on my resume to ind ...

Digital Transcription Systems? Medical Insurance
Dec 08, 2011

A good company to work for?  Good medical insurance?  Lots of work?  Any input is greatly appreciated. ...

Professional Liability Insurance For Business Associate/ Independent Contractor
Oct 08, 2013

So after more than a month of research for the new HIPAA-HITECH Final Rule, I was able to pass everything to the company I work for as an IC. I just want to share to any IC/BA if anyone is still looking for professional liability insurance/Error and Omission. This company is the cheapest I have found. http://www.myvirtualstore.yolasite.com/professional-liability-insurance.php   ...

Medical Transcription - Health Insurance For A New Employee At The 30-day Or 60-day Mark?
Mar 01, 2010

Anyone know of a company who starts health insurance  for a new employee at the 30-day or 60-day mark? ...

Company Requires "professional Liability Insurance" Through Employer.
Jun 04, 2010

Does anyone have experience with this? I am not sure what to think.  I feel that the record is the responsibility of the author and/or the supervising physician.  ...

TT Medical Insurance
Dec 03, 2010

Has anyone heard anything about whether we're keeping the old insurance or getting a new company?  Shouldn't we have already heard by now?  Getting concerned.  With all this new healthcare crap, I've heard some companies (not MT necessarily) are electing not to offer coverage. ...

TT New Medical Insurance (msg)
Jan 03, 2012

Does anyone know if it has taken effect yet?  I haven't heard anything since I filled out the enrollment forms and need to make a dr appt.  Was it supposed to be January 1?  ...

Medical Insurance?
May 01, 2013

I'm wondering what other ICs do for medical insurance, at least the ones without spouses to cover that for them. Private insurance? any recommendations? ...

Are We Still Getting Medical Insurance?
Sep 23, 2013

Are we still going to receive medical insurance benefits, or are we going to have to acquire out own? Does anyone have any information? Please advise. ...

For Those Of You With Medical Insurance ...
Dec 19, 2013

I just signed up for insurance this past open enrollment and our first payment will be deducted from the January 12 pay check.  But I have a question for those of you who already have insurance ... For those 2 months a year when there are *3* pay checks (in 2014 it will be May and October) how are the payments deducted ... do we actually make *3* equal insurance payments those months in the same amount - or still the same monthly payment, just divided by 3?  ...

Medical Insurance
Oct 30, 2014

I don't have medical insurance through my job or other source. Is it true that people without medical insurance will be fined? And if so, how come I haven't been notified? Will I get a "surprise" notification of a big fine later on? ...

Medical Insurance At Keystrokes
Sep 04, 2010

Does anybody know how long after hire that an MLS is eligible for medical insurance benefits at Keystrokes? Thanks in advance.  ...

TransTech Medical Insurance
Sep 29, 2010

Could someone please share what medical insurance company TransTech insures with?  Thanks. ...

How Much Is The Medical Insurance For One Person Or Two?
Nov 23, 2010

Could someone please tell me, how much is the medical insurance for one person or two?  Is there a choice between HMO and PPO?  Thank you. ...

I Want To Drop To PT But What Happens With The Medical Insurance? Sm
Aug 26, 2011

If I drop to part time at the beginning of Sep, how long is my medical insurance in effect?  Is it dropped immediately?  Thanks! ...

Medical Insurance Question
Apr 23, 2013

Can anyone tell me how much the medical insurance premium is for a single person? I was on sort of a public assistance/reduced cost medical program for me and my kids for the last couple of years, but now they want me to pay $170/month for just me. Apparently, my kids can be covered at a lower cost, but I can't afford the 170 bucks a month, so I'm going to have to take myself off the plan. I know I won't be able to get insurance w/ MM til next January, but just need to do a little ...

Insurance Medical Examiner Job
Mar 21, 2014

I just had an exam for life insurance where a young man came out and took my blood pressure by a battery operated digital device, drew blood and took a urine sample, weighed me, as well as asked questions which he filled out on a form.  It seemed like a pretty easy job overall, so I looked up the requirements through the company he works for, and apparently being a skilled pheblotomist, able to fill out paper work and access to a computer is all that was needed.  He did menti ...

Medical Insurance At Nuance
Jun 14, 2014

I'm currently working 24 hours a week @ MModal.  My husband's medical insurance has become too expensive, so am thinking about going to Nuance for 30 hours a week for benefits.  Could anyone tell me who the insurance carrier is and about what the deductible is?  Also, is there out of net wot coverage?  Thanks so much :) ...

Health Insurance For Medical Transcriptionist
Oct 28, 2009

I was wondering for all of you MTs who work full-time from home, what health insurance does your company provide you and your family with and how much do you pay out of pocket? I work for a company (will not mention the name) and pay $62 per pay period (for just me) which I didn't think was so bad - BUT i just found out I have a $3500 calender year deducible and will have to pay 35% of hospital fees if admitted (which I will be in 2010). So besides paying the $62 monthly, I will be paying $ ...