A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I find it baffling that an MTSO would continue to send out sm - Broke MT

Posted: Mar 22, 2013

pleas for help on an account when she has not paid her employees. I cannot speak for everyone, but as for me, no pay equals no work. I realize it is not the client's fault as I am sure they paid their bill, so I do feel bad on that side, but on the other hand, only a fool keeps on working while someone dangles that carrot with the possibility they might be paid sometime. Ugh.

Yep! "You want me to work? Show me the MONEY!" - No dinero = No transcribir!

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I don't find it baffling - Snow Bunny (the original)

[ In Reply To ..]
They want the work done for free as long as possible.

If you gave the name, then people would avoid the account. Without knowing who they are, people will apply, be hired, and then end up in the same position as you're in.

You're right. I guess the baffling part is there are still MTs doing the work. nm - Broke MT

[ In Reply To ..]
not me

from my perspective - Snow Bunny (the original)

[ In Reply To ..]
And this is in no way meant as an insult ... people sometimes are too caring, too compassionate, and too willing to accept excuses.
yep and the excuses WILL keep coming - Been there
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for a company before, same ordeal. Pay was ALWAYS late. Sometimes a few days late, sometimes a few WEEKS late! I saw messages on here on how nice the owner was, how she was "trying her best" etc., but for me, her "trying her best" does not pay MY bills. One pay period our pay was late because she had so many expenses with her child and an illness that he had going on. Okay, I feel bad for her, BUT nobody ever asked me if my children were healthy, or if my mortgage was getting paid or anything like that.

I finally got fed up and quit. It was too exhausting for me to sit around and wonder and stress about when I could pay my own bills, no matter how nice she was.

Broke MT - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
She would do that because her MTs allow her to get away with it. Once a check is more than five days late, DO NOT TRANSCRIBE ANOTHER WORD. Remember the old adage, you deserve the kind of treatment you will accept.

Totally agree. - grits

[ In Reply To ..]
We teach people how to treat us, for good or ill.

If you do not transcribe another word then - me

[ In Reply To ..]
how do you pay your bills. Can you file for unemployment while you're looking for another job? Will unemployment pay you if you quit your job for nonpayment?

I have another job, so this was just extra. I have told her sm - Broke MT

[ In Reply To ..]
that I will not work until I see the money in my account. She sent out an email this morning that the money had been sent yesterday (that was after she had sent an email on Wednesday saying it had been sent). The second income makes for nice extras, but it is time for me to find a job with someone I can trust. I have tons of emails filled with her lies and I'm sick of it.
No Pay - LadyDi
[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds familiar...I worked for a while for an MTSO who conveniently got the pay days mixed up, then telling me she put the check in the mail 2 days ago, then I am going to send another check, etc. I quit. Hope this isn't the same person still playing the same games.
Broke MT - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
Have you contacted the Labor Board and a lawyer?
No, she finally sent me the money. Fortunately, I'm done with her now. nm - Broke MT that likes to be paid
[ In Reply To ..]
:-)

And now the threat of losing the account/job nm - But still no pay

[ In Reply To ..]
humbug

Still no pay - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Time to contact the Labor Board and a lawyer, in that order.

Similar Messages:

How Do We Find Out Where To Send Our Resume
Feb 29, 2012

or who J is?  No info given. ...

Anyone Know Where I Can Find An MTSO By Location?
Sep 03, 2011

I am looking for a small company in my area to do some coverage for me while on vacation. I need someone local, and I can only find one company in the phone book. I thought maybe there might an IC like me looking for a little extra work here and there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

I Find It Really Upsetting When A MTSO
Sep 30, 2014

acquired a new large account.  My first thought is of the MTs that were doing that work and probably have been for a long time and have been forced out of a job or forced to accept the same job at a lower rate of pay.  But the service is so proud to offer a job at minimal pay to those still trying to make a living doing transcription.  I know that is the way things are, goodness knows I have heard that comment many times, but that still does not make it right.  ...

Dear MTSO: Every Time I Log On To Find
Mar 31, 2011

gives me that much more time, and that much more incentive, to find another employer! ...

How Do You Send The Question? Typed It, But What Do I Check To Send It?
Apr 17, 2013

nm ...

May Have To Continue Being An MT
Jun 09, 2010

I really wanted to get out of the MT business, but I am having NO luck finding a job in another field, and now my marriage is breaking up and I have no financial security.  Is there ANY company out there worth working for anymore as an MT? ...

Way Above 98 And Told I Should Continue..
Jun 21, 2012

to strive for the 99%.  It did not matter I had 98.8. and there have been times I was over 99%  They are out of their freakin minds.  I wonder who in this world is perfect at their job. ...

The Answer Is NO. You Will Still Continue To
Oct 15, 2012

nm ...

NO Pay Increases, Continue On The Same,
Oct 15, 2012

nm ...

How Much Longer Will This Continue?
Jan 25, 2013

I'm told the low volumes are due to the time of the year. I just don't remember this happening in past years. My time sheet has 10-15 entries by the time of the day - this is nuts. Can't take no pay, can't use up all my PTO in a week. Seriously, what are we supposed to do? ...

The Beatings Will Continue
Apr 07, 2015

Get with the program! ...

To Continue My Vent About QA, Why Do They Feel They Have To
May 12, 2012

treat us rudely?  I get rudeness all the time from my QA.  I am about to tell them about it.  Look, I am trying.  I am not making mistakes to mess up your day!!! ...

Need Advice-Continue MT Or Quit
Jun 07, 2012

I've been an MT for over 20 years.  Have had my own clients in Rhematology for the past 12 years, been working at home for 15 years.  Clients have switched to point-and-click and VR except for one who is Lebanese and hates the point-and-click and can't do VR.  So, I started working for a great company doing ENT, but pay is 8 cents/line, quite the cut, but good dictators.  They might soon be going to VR.  I live in a small town and really don't want to work ...

I Just Can't Get Over These Stupid People. They Continue To
Jun 23, 2015

alienate the workers and the workers keep leaving.  The company could save a whole lot of $$ by eliminating the scheduler position as well as the crazy auditors!  Who thinks up this stuff. ...

ID Consult- Patient Will Continue Vancomycin And S/l Ree-pen-in
May 25, 2010

x ...

Eye Opener.....okay So I Was Thinking, I Could Either Continue To Work At MQ Or
Jul 21, 2011

or go get another job out of MT completely (not convinced any other company is much better).....I was thinking, well, what else am I qualified for?  I guess I could waitress (never done before though), but Ihop has an ad for a waitress, waitress exp. not nec.  I thought, argh, what can they possibly make, prob just minimum wage and lots of work and would I even be up to it?  Come to find out that waitresses at Ihop around here (California) make minimum wage (8/hr) plus tips.  ...

For Anyone That Works On EMRs Or Epic, Do You Still Continue
Aug 14, 2012

to work in your regular platform such as DQS or do you have to download an entirely new system to work in a hospital EMR.  My hospital is on DQS and going to EMR or Epic so I am not sure if that means all my short cuts etc are gone or we continue somehow to use both systems.  I doubt you can use short cuts in EMR but again I have no idea and I dont think you can move your short cuts out of DQS to another system and again I dont know.  Seems like I dont know much this morning at al ...

Thunder Storms - Continue To Work?
Jul 15, 2014

I've heard you shouldn't use your computer or phone during a thunder storm.  What do you do?  Stop working until it's over, or continue working and ignore the thunder and lightning? ...

What Ways Can I Continue To Grow In Skills After Graduating?
Jul 13, 2010

Hello fellow MT's! I am almost finished with my MT course, and I would like some counsel from everyone on their experiences with continuing education after graduation. First I am going to go for my RMT as recommended by the ADHI. What tools and resources did you use that helped? Which ones do you recommend? Has anyone gotten a degree to enhance their knowledge, and if so, what degree? I have recently been discharged after 8 yrs in the Army and I have been studying in my ...

I Can't Find The AHIMI Salary Survey. Anyone Know Where I Can Find This?
Dec 20, 2011

TIA ...

"Turnover Rates Continue To Rise. Wages Plummet."
Jun 06, 2013

Following an in-depth investigative report of how corporate profits soar at the mercy of the increasingly invisible labor force in this business, we could publish a cartoon depicting a wide-mouth funnel at the top with all the newly "acquired" MTs falling in, with the bottom of the funnel (the other opening) pouring out the newly unemployed. Churning around inside the murky vortex are the chronically underpaid sweatshop slave-wage fools.  Wonder if the creepy people responsible for this me ...

Drug Name - Anemia, Continue Foltx And S/l "Proveit"
Apr 16, 2010

Anemia, continue Foltx and s/l "Proveit" Pt with end stage renal disease, hypertension, diabetes, colon cancer, dyslipidemia, proteinuria, and anemia.  please help ...

Where To Send W-4? Anyone?
Aug 04, 2010

Need to change my federal tax withholding.  Filled out new W4, but can't find anywhere on MQ Central that says where to send it.  Anyone know? ...

Do You Ever Send Anything
Aug 11, 2010

:) ...

What To Send To QA And When To Not?
Apr 06, 2011

Can anyone tell me what I should be sending to QA or if I even should be.  I get tired of getting docked for something they cannot even figure out but yet it is me who gets the pay cut.  I am afraid to send anything to them because most of the time QA sends it back to me not knowing what they said either.  ...

When To Send To QA?!
Sep 21, 2011

After getting mixed messages as to how many blanks in a report are needed in order to be automatically sent to QA, I finally have the final number of needing a minimum of 5 blanks.   But because I am new at this field, I find myself with reports of 1 or 2 blanks that are of something that someone with more experience would know. Operative reports have all sorts of instrumentation that I just do not know and trying to look them up from what I hear just doesn't yield any reliable resul ...

Would You Send Your...
Sep 05, 2012

references at the time you apply for an MT position?  I see a company asking for that on the job board and wondered how one would get around that.  There is no way I would send that until I was offered a position first.  Or am I just out of touch? ...

I Wonder When TSM BK Will Send Out Her
Aug 15, 2013

on-call back-up MTs for the Labor Day weekend? Makes me laugh. She always expects this unforeseen deluge of reports because, gosh, you just never can tell when those doctors will start dictating hundreds of reports over the holiday.  Way too inexperienced to be in her positon.  Obviously never an MT or she would not even begin to ask for extra help during a holiday. Never enough work for those that are scheduled and then also for the following week.  ...

When Do You Send To QA
Apr 18, 2014

If you have 10 reports all with blanks, when do you determine a report is routed to QA versus striaght to the client?  How many out of 10 would you say you send?   ...

IC Tax - Have To Send Out 1099?
Jan 28, 2010

Was considering working for a company that says they hire IC.  Can anyone tell me, if an MTSO is hiring ICs, to they have to send out 1099s to all their ICs at the end of the year, or is it up to the IC to keep track of?  ...