A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How would you like to correct this mess? - a brain tease

Posted: Nov 07, 2009

Ever wonder why you miss words that are misspelled, even when you “carefully” proof every page?  If you can read the following, you will learn the answer. 

From Cambridge University :

O lny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, t he olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rgh it pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on !!

Or maybe this is just a sample of VR???

Brain tease - gourdpainter

[ In Reply To ..]
I, like most MTs, read it on the fly without missing a beat. The last number of years of my MT life (like 10-15 years) consisted of just this kind of garbage going in my ears, translated through my brain and coming out my fingers in an accurate medical report day in and day out. Wonder what VR would do with it????

OMG that is so weird, and I could read every word. - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
I would not have believed it until I did it. Amazing.

not weird; easy to read; just a brain tease game. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Easy as falling off a log backwards - Lynne

[ In Reply To ..]
Had no problem at all and I am a VRer.

Spell Check didn't do so well with it, only got about half of it. - FBL

[ In Reply To ..]
Good to know we are smarter than Spell Check after all!

Similar Messages:

We Could Fix Some Of This Mess If...
Feb 18, 2011

the patient that signs all the privacy statements when entering the hospital only knew his medical information was going to "another country" what are the chances they are going to say, "Sure, go ahead and send it."  Hey, isn't that what "privacy is all about??  I don't think all the old steelworkers and other unionized people would go for that.  If only they knew!!  That is just not what someone sits around and thinks about...Hmmm, wonder where my med recs are toda ...

What A Mess They Are Sending!
Aug 27, 2013

Okay.  Finished report that original MT was in India.  Went to 2 different QA editors, nothing corrected.  Came to me.  I made over 50 corrections.  If this is any indication of their work, our jobs are safe.  Ridiculous and diiscouraging at the same time. ...

FIESA Mess
Dec 29, 2013

I'm so tired of trying to get into FIESA  to see the account specifics. I'm constantly having to change my password and then it doesn't even work Does anyone else have this problem. ...

Emotional Mess
Jun 24, 2014

I just need to know if I am the only one that cries everyday on this job.  I can barely even see through my tears to post this message.  First I get a good report, but then I know that I will be barraged with at least 2 or more bad ones after that.  It is nothing but a roller coaster and now I can't even find a way to locate and listen to a transcribed report returned to me as bad.  It is impossible to focus under this pressure of never knowing when the email is coming o ...

Does Firefox Mess Up Anything? Thanks!
Jul 26, 2014

Was just wondering if it interfered with any programs. ...

South Division. What A Mess!
Mar 08, 2010

Here I sit twiddling my thumbs because I can't work my regular schedule. When I signed on today, the audio was so low I could barely hear it. Muddled through the first report, straining. Second report comes up...same thing. Tried everything I could think of to no avail, unplugging speakers, turning off and on, etc, rebooting. Called Tech. They identified no problem. Said to send to QA so perhaps they could??? No reply from CCM (more than likely because she's bombarded with emails from ...

Operative Note Mess
Jul 07, 2011

The distal end of the bile duct was oversewn with running, locking 3-0 PDS, and the end-to-side choledochojejunostomy was done to the loop of jejunum with a running 4-0 PDS suture. We placed Evicel around this **s/l "so a ligamentum teres off the shassum posterior** and anchored. Omental pedicle flap was then fashioned **s/l and anterior to anteriorly** to protect the anastomosis. Thanks in advance. ...

Worthless Dead End Mess
Mar 17, 2015

I have never wanted to be fired so badly in my life.  I have worked in some real feces factories in my day, but this one beats them all.  How on earth do they expect any MLS to care about any of these reports if they aren't going to pay us a decent wage?  I hope the stock crashes.  If the rest of the company is managed as poorly as the transcription division, it's only a matter of time until it does.  ...

Nuance/Alphastaff Nightmarish Benefits Enrollment Mess
Dec 16, 2011

I have never seen such a disorganized operation. We've been getting forms periodically emailed. Many forms don't have adequate instructions on where they're supposed to be sent. State tax forms haven't been sent to everyone as they should have been. Some employees haven't even gotten news about what they'll be paid next year, and yet they're expected to choose benefits without knowing what they'll be earning. This has been incredibly stressful and unneces ...

Pt To Be Taken Off Toprol And Put On S/l "Mess Tall" For Palpitations And Chest Discomfort
May 20, 2010

d ...

Which One Is Correct? Q.4h Or Q.4 H ?
Nov 10, 2009

n/m ...

Is This The Correct Way Sm
Nov 13, 2009

to type (tibial tubercle plasty) tia. ...

Does This Seem To Be Correct?
Nov 14, 2009

If we do come to surgery, we would probably do both at the same time and do it under an **epidural spinal/epidural anesthetic **in attempt to reduce her risk for recurrent problems there.   This is exactly how he says it in between the ** tia. ...

Is This Correct??? Help!
Nov 29, 2009

"Wound was subsequently closed with 5-4 Ethilon sutures in an interrupted fashion. " The dictator is clearly saying 5-4 Ethilon sutures, not 5-0 or 4-0. Can anyone confirm that?     ...

Does This Look Correct?
Feb 04, 2010

***has chronic kidney disease stage IV with an estimated GFR of 19 mL/min per 1.3 m2.   I am mostly concerned about the 1.3 meters squared.  Is this correct?  ...

S/l Via Can This Be Correct
Feb 22, 2010

At this point, due to the failure of conservative measures, we have discussed proceeding with a subacromial decompression via arthroscopy. tia. ...

Please Tell Me If This Is Correct...
Mar 03, 2010

Doc says this exactly but I'm not sure what "chromogen" has to do with BCP.   "Ortho Tri-Cyclen, she takes that regularly now, chromogen birth control pills." ...

Pen Vee-K, Pen VK, Or...Which Is Correct?
Jun 26, 2011

Is there a correct way to transcribe this?  In all of my research, I've seen it Penicillin V-K, Pen Vee-K, Pen V-K, Pen VK, you name it, I've seen it. Does anyone if all of these are acceptable or is there an absolute correct way to transcribe it? TIA and have a great Sunday! ...

F-18 FDG Correct Or F-18-FDG ?
Mar 22, 2011

This is contrast used in PET CTs.    Which way is correct?  Thanks! ...

Why Did QA Correct This?
Apr 21, 2011

I sent in a report with 2 blanks because of a discrepancy.  When I got the feedback, every single time I typed "diabetes type 2" as was dictated, it was corrected to "non-insulin-dependent diabetes type 2."  If that's how they want it, it's okay with me, but it seems a tad like padding the line count! ...

What Is Correct
Aug 31, 2011

What is the correct way to type q a.m. and q day? For some reason I thought I remembered reading we werent' supposed to use the q and should type every a.m. or every day or daily, but I can't reference it anywhere now? ...

Which Is Correct? 70%-90% Or 70-90%....
Oct 08, 2011

xx ...

Just Want To Know If This Is Correct
Jul 01, 2012

I have been told for the past 2 days that there is no work available on 2 of my accounts, and I am wondering if other MTs have been told the same thing.  This is usually not the case, and 1 major account decided not to have TT do their work.  The other 2 accounts I am now on also have little or not work.  Has anyone else had trouble getting work or no work?  This is really beginning to bother me, and when you ask someone in charge on the evening shift they don't lik ...

AM I CORRECT ON THIS? (SM)
Jul 09, 2012

Am I correct that you write  there is kyphosis from C2 to C5, but there is kyphosis from C2-C3?  The hyphen only being used when the vertebrae are next to one another?   Thanks! ...

Is This Correct? SM
Jul 26, 2012

If both those tests indicate that A) He is not at risk for another myocardial infarction, and B) There has been no further deterioration in left ventricular contractility, then I will give him the okay to go ahead with surgery. Is the A. and B. part correct? I wasn't sure about capitalizing the first word after those too. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

How To Correct?
Apr 04, 2014

Patient with bladder cancer.  PA clearly dictates "heme-ish looking urine" and "hemey looking urine".  How would one go about correcting this?  It's been a long day and my mind is fried. ...

Re-CT'ing Correct?
Nov 27, 2014

On verbatim acct, is re-CT'ing okay? ...

Dr. Says.. By Me, Is That Grammar Correct?
Nov 17, 2009

right-handed white male who previously underwent surgery by me, ...  Or would I change to by myself ...

Which Is The Correct Spelling?
Nov 25, 2009

hemachromatosis or hemochromatosis ...

Punctuation Help Is This Correct?
Dec 09, 2009

The patient is now about 1 week postoperative arthroscopy and debridement of the right knee for a posterior horn tear of the medial meniscus, medial extensor plica, and synovial calcinosis.   tia ...