A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Operative note mess - jld

Posted: Jul 07, 2011

The distal end of the bile duct was oversewn with running, locking 3-0 PDS, and the end-to-side choledochojejunostomy was done to the loop of jejunum with a running 4-0 PDS suture. We placed Evicel around this **s/l "so a ligamentum teres off the shassum posterior** and anchored. Omental pedicle flap was then fashioned **s/l and anterior to anteriorly** to protect the anastomosis.

Thanks in advance.

op note mess - Hyper-Typer

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you typing a Whipple procedure? If so, look at an op. report for one of those.

Left blanks on the first part - jld

[ In Reply To ..]
Not exactly. I don't think looking at another op report is going to help unless it is one specifically by this doc cuz he's just hard to understand right here, running his words together and such. I usually know the terminology--it's the regular small words and making a full sentence out of what he says that's getting me. I figured out the last part is "and anchored anteriorly to protect" but I had to leave a blank on the first part.

Thanks anyway.

Similar Messages:

Ortho Operative Note Help Please, He Is Cutting It Off .... Sm
Aug 18, 2010

Some *Daptik* was applied to the wound and the patient was placed in a soft cast.    I know this but he is cutting himself off and my mind has gone BLANK!!!   TIA ...

We Could Fix Some Of This Mess If...
Feb 18, 2011

the patient that signs all the privacy statements when entering the hospital only knew his medical information was going to "another country" what are the chances they are going to say, "Sure, go ahead and send it."  Hey, isn't that what "privacy is all about??  I don't think all the old steelworkers and other unionized people would go for that.  If only they knew!!  That is just not what someone sits around and thinks about...Hmmm, wonder where my med recs are toda ...

How Would You Like To Correct This Mess?
Nov 07, 2009

Ever wonder why you miss words that are misspelled, even when you “carefully” proof every page?  If you can read the following, you will learn the answer.    From Cambridge University : O lny srmat poelpe can raed tihs. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, t he olny iprmoatnt tihn ...

What A Mess They Are Sending!
Aug 27, 2013

Okay.  Finished report that original MT was in India.  Went to 2 different QA editors, nothing corrected.  Came to me.  I made over 50 corrections.  If this is any indication of their work, our jobs are safe.  Ridiculous and diiscouraging at the same time. ...

FIESA Mess
Dec 29, 2013

I'm so tired of trying to get into FIESA  to see the account specifics. I'm constantly having to change my password and then it doesn't even work Does anyone else have this problem. ...

Emotional Mess
Jun 24, 2014

I just need to know if I am the only one that cries everyday on this job.  I can barely even see through my tears to post this message.  First I get a good report, but then I know that I will be barraged with at least 2 or more bad ones after that.  It is nothing but a roller coaster and now I can't even find a way to locate and listen to a transcribed report returned to me as bad.  It is impossible to focus under this pressure of never knowing when the email is coming o ...

Does Firefox Mess Up Anything? Thanks!
Jul 26, 2014

Was just wondering if it interfered with any programs. ...

South Division. What A Mess!
Mar 08, 2010

Here I sit twiddling my thumbs because I can't work my regular schedule. When I signed on today, the audio was so low I could barely hear it. Muddled through the first report, straining. Second report comes up...same thing. Tried everything I could think of to no avail, unplugging speakers, turning off and on, etc, rebooting. Called Tech. They identified no problem. Said to send to QA so perhaps they could??? No reply from CCM (more than likely because she's bombarded with emails from ...

Worthless Dead End Mess
Mar 17, 2015

I have never wanted to be fired so badly in my life.  I have worked in some real feces factories in my day, but this one beats them all.  How on earth do they expect any MLS to care about any of these reports if they aren't going to pay us a decent wage?  I hope the stock crashes.  If the rest of the company is managed as poorly as the transcription division, it's only a matter of time until it does.  ...

Operative Word
May 10, 2011

The sentinel node was identified and excised.  It had an (s/l ex-vevo) count of 2800. Thanks in advance. ...

Need Help With An Operative Word!
Sep 07, 2011

This is in reference to a gastric bypass, ......Roux and Egrec were performed.  THANKS! ...

Operative Reports/ESL
Nov 28, 2011

Is it possible to find a job with one of these national companies with not a lot of operative report experience or ESL experience?   Those seem to be the two things they are most interested in.  I have been an MT for27 years.  I have tons of experience in a lot of different specialties, just not much in the way of op reports or ESL.  I worked for Transcend for five months (very difficult account) and found it almost impossible to learn the op reports, main ...

Nuance/Alphastaff Nightmarish Benefits Enrollment Mess
Dec 16, 2011

I have never seen such a disorganized operation. We've been getting forms periodically emailed. Many forms don't have adequate instructions on where they're supposed to be sent. State tax forms haven't been sent to everyone as they should have been. Some employees haven't even gotten news about what they'll be paid next year, and yet they're expected to choose benefits without knowing what they'll be earning. This has been incredibly stressful and unneces ...

Surgical / Operative Position
Jun 15, 2010

The patient was placed in a Maltern-dalenberg position.  (The procedure being performed is a total abdominal hysterectomy.    It sounds like Maltern-dalenberg.  This was also dictated in an ear lobe mass excision.  Any idea what the right word would be?  Thanks! ...

Coronary Bypass Operative
Dec 31, 2010

A reverse saphenous vein graft was then constructed to the third obtuse marginal, brought to the circumflex using running 7-0 Prolene for old distal anastomosis and probing old distal anastomosis prior to completion of _______ (s/l    d-cert they were paytent??).  Cold blood cardioplegia was given through each vein graft with the completion of the distal anastomoses. I have hilighted the areas that I need help with.  Any suggestions?? ...

Do Tier 2 MTs Do Operative Reports?
Aug 09, 2012

x ...

Operative Report-revised Septorhinoplasty
Apr 14, 2010

Operative report, secondary procedure is revised septorhinoplasty.  The preoperative diagnosis is "Palaferal calasis nasal deformity" is what it sounds like, but I have looked in my book and searched the web-cannot find anything that matches...can anyone help me please!! ...

Operative Report Anthology Stem
Aug 17, 2011

Anthology stem, high offset with a plus 8 occinium head Do you captilize Anthology and Occinium? in all caps like online? ...

Type Of Sheath- Operative Report
Nov 21, 2012

7-French "dilock" sheath ...

Operative Procedure - Right Hemicolectomy With Intraoperative Biopsy Of Sm
Apr 15, 2010

peritoneal s/l "seeding"? ...

Operative Report Skin Grafts From Burn
Feb 07, 2011

Transcribing Operative Report (Burns, skin grafts from thigh) The tourniquet was tested and was found to be working and was placed up at 300 mL of mercury prior to excising__________(sonds like - uraft)and taking the donor skin.   Just can't figure it out....Thanks! I think I have the 300 mL of mercury right..... ...

All Kinds Of Help With An Operative Report With A Surgeon With Heavy Accent: Primary Procedure: Rong
Oct 26, 2010

I am having a really hard time under the Findings and Procedures with an Operative Report. The Primary Procedure is: Rongeur of Perforated Duodenal Ulcer Omentum Patch. The Secondary Procedure is: Standard Gastrostomy and Witzel Jejunostomy. Can anyone please help me? Thank you in advance! ...

Pt To Be Taken Off Toprol And Put On S/l "Mess Tall" For Palpitations And Chest Discomfort
May 20, 2010

d ...

Surgical S/l "floor Time" In Operative Report
Nov 11, 2011

Is this a commonly used term?  I have not done very many operative reports, and none for this particular doctor.  It sound like she says "Floor time 9.25 minutes."  I guess this means the time in surgery, but I have not heard this before.  ...

Op Note Help !!
Oct 20, 2009

The fundus was then grasped with a s/l "shaney"______, and the uterus was flipped.  The final pedicles were then clamped, cut, and ligated with a 2-0 Vicryl with a s/l 4NF_____ and a stay suture bilaterally. ...

ENT Note
Oct 30, 2009

In regards to his ears, he is status post tube placement, adenotonsillectomy, and left s/l "cleft or cales utoma" removal.   thanks for any help! ...

ER Note
Dec 21, 2009

The physician request that I format in an ER Note, but all I can find is an ER Consultation, progress Note, or soap note. How do I decide which to use? I need one that can handle the history, past medical history, and review of systems. Does anyone have a site I can locate this information plz.   ...

Op Note - Can I Help!
Nov 10, 2010

OK, am editing an op note that ASR typed as......maintained the dorsal wrist artery with an ERECT MALE and using bipolar cautery.  Where do I sign up for OR tech classes? :) ...

Is Anyone Out There Please??? Need Help With ENT OP Note
Mar 04, 2011

Dictated ... A S/L trap mold was applied to the ear canal followed by a S/L glassapack dressing.   TIA ...

GI OP NOTE
Jun 02, 2011

help!  s/l 'frome like'. There was one area that had protuberance from the lining of the mucosa, which appeared to be an inflammation tissue and was *------* . This may be the location of the colovesical fistula. ...