A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

dr. says.. by me, is that grammar correct? - dawn

Posted: Nov 17, 2009

right-handed white male who previously underwent surgery by me, ...  Or would I change to by myself

It would be "by me," first person, I wanted to be an English teacher!...sm - Cyndiee

[ In Reply To ..]
But I got hooked on medical sciences....ask me how many times I have kicked myself in the butt! Oh well, live and learn...but I still love it!

thanks Cyndiee!!! wow was I way off. My grammar is still shady.. what I think looks right, isn' - dawn

[ In Reply To ..]
I still often get confused on followup/follow up!!!!

Seriously, use my e-mail, I am always available, I mentor a few newbies, love it. - Cyndiee

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Is the grammar correct? - Linda

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, the grammar is correct. BY is a preposition that takes the object ME. MYSELF is incorrect, a mistake frequently made by many people.

Similar Messages:

Is My Grammar Correct?
Nov 17, 2010

The macular thickness area has gone from 38, back on 3-3-10, to 371, on 11-8-10. ...

Grammar
Jan 13, 2010

Which is the correct way to write this... I have written a note to that affect/effect? Thanks! ...

Grammar ?
Apr 18, 2010

The soft tissue and the bowel lumen measures [would you change to measure] 8 cm in length and has [then change to have] a 6 x 3.5 cm margin of the colostomy deep to the subcutaneous tissue.     Or would you just leave this as dictated....... ...

Grammar Help??
Jul 15, 2010

Fluid analysis cytology was positive for adenocarcinoma. or is it  Fluid analysis: Cytology was positive for adenocarcinoma. or somthing different all together?? ...

Grammar Help Please!
Dec 15, 2010

How do you punctuate sentences that are said like this:  Very hopeless I have been made to feel. Would it require a comma after hopeless? I cannot recast the sentence. Any help appreciated. ...

Grammar Are/is
Jul 13, 2011

which is grammatically correct: No hematoma or ecchymosis are/is noted. ...

Grammar Help!
Nov 22, 2011

Hi all, I am a new MT and I have been having trouble identifying these 3 sentences as fragments or complete. The rules of sentence fragments and complete sentences are getting all jumbled in my head and I can't think straight anymore. I need some help. Are these 3 sentences fragments or complete: 1. Refer to previous chart notes. 2. Postoperative course uneventful. 3. Area was again thoroughly irrigated. Anybody out there who can identify for me. I any getting totally confused today. ...

Grammar Help, Please
Jul 04, 2012

In the sentence below, are there any commas or semicolons necessary or is it correct as shown?  Why (or why not) should there be punctuation before and/or following the word "however?"  I have been told that it is correct without any punctuation, but it looks odd to me: The patient is aware that he was to receive 4 consecutive weeks however opted not to.     ...

Grammar - Lie Vs Lay
Sep 02, 2013

I always have trouble with this one. The doctor even states both ways and then says, "I don't know my grammar." Here is the sentence below: Each has occurred at 8.p.m, but he had not yet lied/laid down. Or is it lie? Please help! ...

Need Grammar Help
May 19, 2015

I have a doc who always says "his both feet" instead of "both his feet."  This sounds wrong to me, but don't know if it is just me.  Also, I have several docs who say, "in January 1, 2015."  To me it seems like it should be "on" if you are referrring to a specific date, but again I am not sure if this is just me or there is some reference to back me up.  Thanks for any help with this.   ...

Grammar/punctuation Help
Nov 02, 2009

She saw Dr. ___, who she tells me is at the UCLA Medical Center, who told her that she had a "borderline blood test on her nerves," and that she should see a neurologist.     that is typed as the dr. says.. but i feel like I should break it up somehow, or that he has almost two quotations, but only does one?   tia :) ...

Great Grammar
Nov 14, 2009

It is very interesting to me, now that I have completed the Allied MT course, that grammar was were never taught, besides in high school. The BOS was required, but no emphasis was ever placed on needing excellent grammar skills. I am completely discouraged by the numerous negative and cynical remarks on this site.  MT is a field I choose because I wanted a second career. I am a recent widow, and frankly feel very down because of the many of the comments. Still without a job and very discou ...

Correcting Grammar
Feb 05, 2010

Do you correct the dictator's grammer? My 12 year old niece just recently corrected my mom when my mom said she was laying in bed.  Taylor went on to explain the difference between laying and lying.  I learned that in school but certainly had forgotten that rule. When the dictator says "The patient is laying in bed", do you correct it to lying?  Just curious.  I've had no complaints and I hate sending out dictation with grammatical errors.  ...

Grammar Question -
Sep 22, 2010

Which is correct? A 5-mm trocar with cannula ..was..inserted, or a 5-mm trocar with cannula ..were..inserted.  QA changed ..was..to ..were..in one instance, then left it as ..was.. in the second instance. ...

Grammar Software
Oct 04, 2010

Is there such as thing as grammar/punctuation software?  I just use the Word grammar checker but it seems I spend a lot of time fussing over punctuation. ...

Grammar And Punctuation Help
May 01, 2012

Hello, I am having a bit of a hard time knowing which to use when using then and than. Also, how to punctuate months time or month's time? Do you always use an apostrophe even when it's one month's time?   DDoes anyone know any good resource sites that would be helpful?   Thanks in advanced! ...

More Of A Grammar Question
Mar 19, 2013

Here is the sentence as sub transcribed:  They really have not increased significantly in size, however, there was a question of a stone in her right kidney.     I think it should be either one of two ways: They really have not increased significantly in size; however, there was a question of a stone in her right kidney.    They really have not increased significantly in size.  However, there was a question of a stone in her right kidney.  ...

Grammar Review
Sep 03, 2013

Sometimes, we can get into bad habits, and I was wondering about your thoughts on the sentence below regarding comma usage (I tend to overuse commas) "I advised a low-fat, low-cholesterol diet, and, for your information, your body mass index today is 40.2, which, by definition, places you into the obese range."   ...

Competitor's Grammar
Dec 18, 2013

Their ad:   Hyderabad capital of Andhra Pradesh with having Good financial, economic and political background above all a major hub for information technology industry in India. Due to Boom in BPO's their is high growth in real estate also . People's are literate & having good understand to English doing jobs on high payouts so they prefer a life standard like good cloth & Foods also so their is retail chains of Many international and national brands.   Academic s ...

Two Grammar Questions!
Feb 06, 2014

One of the companies I work for is insisting on two spaces after a period in medical reports. How do you do it? Is this just a personal preference for who you type for? PLUS, is PAST MEDICAL HISTORY correct? Shouldn't it be just MEDICAL HISTORY or PSYCHIATRIC HISTORY? Past means history, right? Just curious how everybody else does it. Thanks! ...

Grammar Help? Cap Civil Service?
Mar 05, 2010

is a 65-year-old gentleman, works at the civil service, retired from the Military.   and it s/l doctor says "works at the civil service"  clearly its works.. civil service. ...

On The MQ Template, Is There A Grammar Check Box?
Apr 21, 2010

I am just spoiled with word. I like my grammar check box, it helps.  Does the MQ template have this option??   ...

Really Dumb Question On Grammar
Sep 29, 2010

The really dumb question is: We were able to insert a 22-French catheter or We were able to insert an 22-French catheter. A or an ? I think the use of the number is not making either sound right! ...

Grammar Help, Please. Verbose Dictator. Sm
Jan 03, 2011

This is a typical sentence my psych doctor dictates.  There's not too much I am allowed to do with his run on sentences and such, but there is one thing that is really bugging me - what to do with "which he agrees".  The doc says this all the time.  I want to type "and he agrees" or "with which he agrees" or "which he agrees with".  (I know the rest of the sentence needs work, but for now I just want to address the "which he agrees" part.)    &nb ...

A Question Of Grammar/usage
Sep 14, 2011

This has been bugging me for some time.  It's small, but like a thorn in my side.   When a doc is dictating and fails to use the article "of", should you insert it?  For example:  The patient remains off of antibiotic therapy.   The patient tells me she is of off oxygen therapy during the day.  All of the ulcer sites have improved The patient remains off (of) antibiotic therapy.  The patient tells me she is off (of) oxygen therapy during the day.& ...

Am I Missing Something, Grammar-wise?
May 30, 2012

It seems like lately, I've been seeing people use what I thought was incorrect grammar so many places that I'm starting to question whether I'm the one who has it wrong.  Would appreciate your help!   The usage I'm referring to is when people say "So-And-So" and themselves as an object or an object of a preposition.  The latest example I saw was in a flier that came in our newspaper from a local chiropractor: "....my father told my brothers and I about how he ...

Grammar Checker? But We Have To Do Verbatim.
Apr 17, 2013

Plus more corrections to ASR. Oh goody. ...

Dedicated To All The Would-be Grammar Police At MM.
May 24, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc ...

Why Do Companies Change Grammar Rules?
Oct 13, 2010

For example, if the doctor says platelets 277, then that's why you type.  Later on down the road, knock points off my score for typing 277, claiming that we are supposed to type 277,000.  Why does stuff like this ALWAYS seem to happen?  Then I get points off my score because two different QAs are telling me 2 different things.  I can't take this anymore.  The last 3 jobs I have had were like this.  I'm sick of getting yelled at and points taken off ...

Quick Grammar Question - Two Plurals In A Row?
Dec 03, 2010

this doesn't sound right to me, but I can't think of the correct way to type this sentence: ....until diagnostic tests results are complete.... "tests results" doesn't look right. Dictator is referring to multiple tests, not "test's results". I am not sure... any help appreciated. ...