A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Oromucosa versus Oral Mucosa? - Huh

Posted: Feb 19, 2010

I've always used oral mucosa but in looking up a prior report today saw an MT had transcribed it as "Oromucosa is moist."

Have I been doing it wrong all this time???

How do you transcribe this?

TIA :)

oral mucosa is correct...(the other is not) nm - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

No such word as oromucosa - No Repeat

[ In Reply To ..]
Oral mucosa.

TY, ladies! - Huh

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought I was going insane when I saw that "oromucosa," and you know how you can second guess yourself? I've been doing this 20+ years and have NEVER seen "oromucosa." Sadly, it is in the company eScription's spellcheck as being a word (eye roll). I work for that company everyone loves except the quality of work on previous reports is enough to make one shudder...Might as well add "oromucosa" to my mental list of errors I constantly see on these previous reports that zip through unchecked.

Thanks for verifying it!

Similar Messages:

Is It Barrett's Mucosa Or Barrett Mucosa? Always Confused About This.
Oct 13, 2011

x ...

Nasal Mucosa
Sep 14, 2010

This is part of the physical exam.  Nasal mucosa s/l septin is intact. ...

Mucosa Or Mucosal
Apr 23, 2012

Would it be mucosa-covered tissue or mucosal-covered tissue?  Thanks! ...

Help Frondular Bladder Mucosa? Or Frangular Or?
Aug 22, 2010

"frondular" bladder mass he says- cannot find frondular / frangular/ ??  does anyone know?  ...

Oral Secretions
Oct 27, 2010

Child who just had tonsillectomy. His oral secretions are thick and s/l row-be. suggestions? ...

S/l Tip-tick -- Oral Lesion
Jul 12, 2011

This is probably something painfully obvious that is escaping me.  Young male who bit his lip.  exam "Slight (s/l typtic) area on the lip."  Treatment recommended is Orabase and salt water cleansing.   ...

Oral Surgery Report - DOV?
Aug 19, 2011

the sentence: Composite XRV with "DOV" was placed to restore tooth.   thanks in advance ...

Ovasense Oral Contraceptives.
Jan 30, 2012

Doc is prescribing oral contraceptives called "Ovasense".  Not turning anything up on Google, Bing, rxlist.com, drugs.com, epocrates.com.  Please help! ...

Thought About Dictators With Oral Diarrhea.
Feb 01, 2010

I think that part of a physician's training/internship or whatever should be to have 6 months to 1 year of being an MT before they start practicing medicine.  Maybe that would help.  Of course, then they would all know how to type their own reports and the need for us will diminish...yet, a physician's time is apparently very precious...so maybe not.  Just thinking outloud, never gonna happen. ...

S/l Toothex To Keep Her Oral Cavity Moist??
Aug 18, 2010

nm ...

Oral Cavity Opened And Suspended From The
May 02, 2012

nm ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Novara (oral Contraception)? Nm
Feb 24, 2015

.. ...

After Application Of Acetowhite, There Was Diffuse Acetowhite Change Over The Entire Mucosa.SM
Nov 20, 2009

is this correct?  After application of acetowhite??? when I look up acetowhite it tells me that it is a white-appearing epithelium.... so how can there be an application of this? ...

'oral' Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction
Feb 26, 2010

ESL s/l "oral" left ventricular ejection fraction.  ...

Patient Anemic....did Not Require S/l Oral Transfusion?
Apr 09, 2010

I know I learn something every day in this business, but I've never heard of this.  She's very, very clear, but I'd like to know for sure before I QA.  Thanks!  For context, this is the complete statement: She was found to have a hemoglobin as low as 7.8 and was sent to the emergency room.  This did not require an s/l oral transfusion.   ...

Has Anyone Transcribed Oral Dental Surgery Reports And If So,
Oct 28, 2010

how difficult is this specialty to learn?  I consider ophthalmology very difficult.  Is it comparable to this?  Appreciate any and all comments. ...

End Point Versus Endpoint And Hand Grip Versus Handgrip
Mar 13, 2012

Two words that come up often for questioning.  These are strictly used in an orthopedic setting.  Stedman's and Dorland's list end point and hand grip HOWEVER the office transcription manager,  girl is asking for me to correct this to endpoint and handgrip. She is only basing this on what an old medical transcription company she used to work for had her typing. I would rather base it on the  medical reference. The doctors are not even aware this has come up. She is ...

Retractor That S/l "faba Oral" For CABG And Valve Replacement
Dec 16, 2011

retractor that s/l "faba oral" for CABG and valve replacement, replacing a Cooley retractor ...

Capitolize "triple Mix" Oral Numbing Med On Med List ??
Nov 12, 2010

? ...

Oral Exam: The Tumor Is "extorting" From The Maxilla.
Apr 14, 2011

Haven't heard this one, and wondering if it works?  Pretty clear and isn't "extending." ...

Consultation Note: No Oral S/l "cavitations". Is That Right? Nm
Jun 30, 2011

n m ...

Anesthesia- Oral "quapidigril"
Nov 08, 2011

NM ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

Versus Or Vs
Nov 04, 2009

Im new in this game and appreciate help with a silly question.  When a doctor dictates the word versus should we type vs. ...

'of' Versus 'for'
Dec 08, 2009

Hi, Can someone tell me which is correct? 'suspected of driving under the influence' or 'suspected for driving under the influence'. I think it is 'of', but not sure why this is so. Thanks. ...

IC Versus P.r.n.
Dec 10, 2009

What is the difference between an IC position and a p.r.n. position? ...

Ccs Versus ML
Jan 27, 2010

Whey typing for plastics is it okay to use ccs for the size of saline implants or is the preferred way mL....thanks. ...

VR Versus SR
Feb 20, 2010

I am not familiar with VR and have never used it, but I understand that there is a difference between voice recognition (VR) and speech recognition (SR). I am told the difference is that with VR the program has to be trained because it goes by voice only, sort of like us getting used to different dictators when we start a new account.  SR is supposedly different in that it goes by speech alone, meaning I guess, just the actual words dictated and is not affected by voice differences. Does ...

BNP Versus BMP
Jun 08, 2010

Hi, I have a dictator going over the patient's hypertension.  At the end of the section he says (BMP/BNP) was unremarkable.  I have no values, so I don't know if it was a single test or multiple.  If he's talkign about hypertension, I would think that BNP would be feasible, but it really sounds more like BMP.  Any help is great! ...

Sat Versus Set
Aug 15, 2010

Present ventilator settings:  Assist-control mode, FiO2 35%, tidal volume 400, PEEP 5, s/l sat or set rate of 12.    ...