A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

FB spelling error for a QA person! - OPnoteMT

Posted: Jun 29, 2010

I had a FB friend suggestion and I decided to go and check it out:

Employer:  _ _ _ _-_ _ _ (2009)

Qaulity Assurance Editor

At least now I know I won't apply for the opening this company has posted...if the QA people can't spell, what does that say about the company?

Lesson in this is:  ALWAYS check your grammar and spelling no matter where you are posting.  You never know who is looking and for what purpose.

this is clearly a typo, nothing to do with grammar or spelling - omg

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

yes, it is clearly a typo -- from a QA person -- - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Simply put, I would not trust that person's ability to assure quality.

You and that company would definitely not be a good match. - Hope the QA person corrects the error quickly. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Spelling Versus Not Spelling
Feb 11, 2011

I never thought I'd say this, but a dictator can do too much spelling.  There is one at my company who spells out every single medication.  While this is normally helpful, this doctor's pronounciation leaves a little to be desired.  It would be much simpler for him to just say the name of the medication.  ...

Is Every Error A Major Error Now?
Jul 31, 2013

Is every error, both real or fabricated, a major error now? Are there no levels of error any longer?  Seems that EVERYTHING under the sun that can be made up is a major freakin' error.  I would swear that I did not even make any of these and that these are fabricated.  WTH?  ...

Spelling Bee
Apr 22, 2010

I have just recently noticed a LOT of spelling going on.  Just now doc spelled Imuran and Toprol.  Yesterday it was simple things like "lingual."  It is on different accounts and by different doctors.  ...

Thank You To The Person Below Who
Nov 25, 2011

posted directions on changing window color in Win 7.  I changed mine to a light grey and somehow changed something when fiddling around with this that made the letters a more bold black color and what a difference it made.  My eyes do not feel strained like they did with the stark white background and ligher black letters.  Thanx. ...

So Sorry, QA Person, For The Job
Jul 20, 2012

Over 1000 seconds, took me 1-1/2 hours to do.  Total waste of my time.  Indian doctor who did not speak clearly.  I can't wait to see my line count today...not ...

QA Person
Jul 30, 2012

What exactly are the duties of a QA person?  Whenever I make a mistake she lets me know, of course, but she is always adding a snide remark and make me feel like I am still in school.  I am sick and tired of it.  I am thinking about complaining to my CCM, but I am not sure I want go that route yet.  I have saved all of her sarcastic comments.  So I made a mistake, she is not perfect.  She should just tell me about it and let it go.  I am not stupid.  I ack ...

Am I The Only Person...
Oct 02, 2012

Has not been given the go ahead for HIPAA training?  I got 2 e-mails in the past few months from CCM, stating to have it done by "the date they say," but nobody ever gave me a date.  I wrote to CCM who said "they" would be sending out an e-mail letting me know.  Just hope I didn't miss anything for this year's. ...

That Person Is Here Again
Nov 21, 2012

gets the whole nasty message into the subject and nickname/alias lines and then leaves the message blank? Hates on everybody?  Happy Thanksgiving nm. ...

Anybody Else Have A QA Person
Jan 01, 2014

Honestly, every time I get a big ding it is from one person. Everyone else seems to not mark me off much. Pardon my paranoia, but I just have to wonder if this person is targeting me and poring through my work until they find the one that has the errors and that's the one they end up reviewing. And about these "Major Errors" (or otherwise) - one middle digit off in platelets, really? 3 points? I know that is officially the rule, but to my knowledge unless platelets are particularly low or ...

To The Person Below With The $1,000
Jun 07, 2015

I read what you wrote and it touched my heart.  You sound like a really nice person who is just looking for the right option for you. I understand that. Like I said, it touched my heart, so I started brainstorming in your behalf from what I did and what might work for you.  Please don't laugh at my suggestions. They come from my heart. You mentioned that you wouldn't be able to use the $1,000 for Andrews. I can't remember what school you were required to use it at, but ...

S/l Zashia But Spelling For Sure?
Nov 16, 2009

Sounds so clear "Zashia" but the spelling is incorrect.  Does anyone have the correct spelling for this drug?  Thanks!!! ...

Cineangiocardiograms? Spelling?
Nov 19, 2009

Can anyone tell me if this spelling is correct?  Cannot find...sounds like "sin-E-angiocardiogram".  Thanks! ...

Which Is The Correct Spelling?
Nov 25, 2009

hemachromatosis or hemochromatosis ...

? About Spelling/correcting
Feb 21, 2010

Anyone ever had this happen? You spell something and you know it's right, plain and simple - however, the doctor corrects you on it, but its still wrong!! Do you spell it "wrong" -just for him only- to make him happy so he doesnt think you're not doing your job right or do you keep on spelling it "right", which he says is "wrong"?   ...

Word And Spelling Help Please
Feb 25, 2010

I have checked about 6 online dictionaries and googled it and can not find spelling for s/l tympanonomoscopy.  Any ENT people out there who can confirm the spelling of this?  He is saying tym-pan-o-ma-scopy.  This is a toddler with possible otitis media (as most of you probably guessed). ...

Segway Spelling Please
Mar 14, 2010

This is coming up misspelled when I spell check it... does anyone know the correct spelling of segway meaning transition?  Thanks! ...

Spelling Of A Work
Aug 04, 2010

Is the spelling of the following word correct?  neurobiochemical ...

Cyst Spelling
Jun 16, 2011

In my Stedman's Plastic Surgery Words book, it is spelled tricholemmal, but the physician and other references spell it trichilemmal.  Does anyone know the correct spelling?  Thanks!  ...

Word Spelling
Mar 29, 2011

Help!!  Is it written nonsurgically or non-surgically? ...

Looking For Spelling Of Med. S/l Flow X
Jul 12, 2011

Spelling Of Qvar
Aug 08, 2011

I got feedback that the drug Qvar should be all capitalized. I have never seen it this way before. Is this correct? ...

Spelling Of Medication
Sep 16, 2011

Med sounds like Inclenon.  I can't seem to find this anywhere.  Any suggestions?  Thanks. ...

Correct Spelling?
Apr 20, 2013

Is it plantarflexion or plantar flexion? ...

Correct Spelling.
May 10, 2013

In reference to a catheterization report, the provider stated what sounded like Roto Ablation, the MTE typed roto ablation, in researching I have found both, but I have edited it as rotablation. Is roto ablation correct term to use? ...

Thanks For The Spelling Lesson, Doc
Nov 28, 2013

I'm not sure what got into Dr. Knucklehead's brain tonight, but he's spelling words like pannus, Trileptal, anasarca (which he spelled wrong).  It's bad enough he's doing it as often as he is because he's completely messing up the voice recognition for his drafts, but he has spelled pannus every freaking time he has said it. The patient has cellulitis below her pannus, so the word is coming up a lot in this report.   I have one more hour to go and then a ...

Why Is ASR Spelling Out All Numbers
May 19, 2014

Last time I was notified numbers were allowed at the beginning of sentences anyway. Really getting to be a PIA.. ...

Doctor Spelling Everything Out
May 05, 2015

Why does a long time doctor, good dictator, suddenly start spelling everything out?  Doesn't MModal screen to prevent bad transcriptionionists from being hired?  ...

VR Person From Thread Way Down Below.
Jan 20, 2010

When a company decides to make an account VR, are all the reports a mess to begin with for weeks or months until the voice engine (sorry if that's the wrong term) learns from the "straight" transcription that is done?  Why do different platforms matter (i.e., E-scription versus M-Modal, etc).  Is it possible for a company to get an account and make it VR from day 1, or do they have MTs do regular transcription on it for awhile? I guess I'm just trying to figure outwhat I sho ...

I'm Not A Violent Person. Really, I'm Not. BUT...
Apr 07, 2010

There is this PA in the South.  I want to hurt him badly. Seriously.  I want to poke sharp objects into his eyes or something.  He seems to dictate for everyone in this stinking hospital (which has the WORST sound quality, by the way) but he CAN'T TALK FOR CRAP!!!! I don't know what it is with this guy.  He can't even pronounce his own name clearly.  He talks as if he has his mouth stuffed full of cotton balls and Q-Tips shoved up his nose. All the wh ...

To The Person Looking For Former QKLs, Etc...
Jun 14, 2010

Please email me!  I don't know how to get in contact with you but I sent my resume to the address you had in the post.  I worked with you at the Q and hope you remember me.  I listed your name in my email. A.P. ...