A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dell Keyboards - Ejt

Posted: Oct 12, 2009

Is it true that the letters on the Dell keyboards never wear off?

dell keyboard - spitfire

[ In Reply To ..]
I've had my Dell for about 5 years and it is still perfect. Even types good.

Similar Messages:

Do You Use A Dell Laptop
Dec 26, 2011

I would like to buy a new dell laptop to use to work on transcription because I have to travel across country and I need Dell brand because I have a Dell credit card that I can use to purchase it with.  Do any other MTs/QA use a dell laptop that you like and if so, which one is it.  If I can find one that another MT is using and likes, I'll order one.  Thanks ...

Dell Or Defect
Aug 13, 2012

"Patient has no obvious dell or defect in the Achilles." She is being seen for Achilles tendinitis. Is the word "dell?" I wondered if he meant "vale," as in "valley," but there is a definite hard "D" sound to the word. Googling "dell" only gets me computer links :{ ...

Did You Guys Know Dell, Inc Was Into Transcription
Jul 23, 2010

At first, I thought it was just a company named Dell, but then was redirected to the Dell website. ...

New MQ Dell Keyboard Woes
Dec 13, 2011

Has anyone been successful in using an adapter to hook up their old keyboard to their new MQ Dell computer?  I hate the low-profile Dell USB keyboard they sent me and all of my other keyboards have PS2 connectors.  After being unsuccessful at going out shopping to try to buy a new USB keyboard with a higher profile, I purchased an adapter to convert a PS2 keyboard to a USB port hook-up but it does not recognize the keyboard.  Just wondering if anyone else ...

Old Keyboards
Dec 12, 2009

Does anyone know of an adapter that can be used on the old IBM "clacky" keyboards to convert it to a USB connection?  I know there are adapters out there but I can't find one for these keyboards.  The "end piece" is large round and the regular keyboards have the smaller round connection.  you can get adapters for them but I can't find one with the bigger adapter hole and then the USB connector.  I would LOVE LOVE to find an adapter so I can use the old IBM keyboard. ...

Need Suggestions On Dell Laptops For Work
Apr 25, 2012

I am finally going to do it.   My desktop is ancient and I am starting a new job and figured I would go for it and get a laptop for work since I need a computer anyway.  I prefer Dell as I am familiar with them and have had no problems.   Any suggestions on what works well for our line of work?  TIA!!!! ...

Dell Support Messed Up My Computer
Aug 11, 2013

Last Tuesday, I was going to install McAfee Anti-Virus on my computer.  To do that, I first had to remove Microsoft Security Essentials from my computer.  I couldn't see Microsoft SE on the list of programs in Add/Remove, so I regrettably decided to call Dell support (I have a Dell computer.)  So instead of simply removing Microsoft SE and installing McAfee (which should only take about 1 hour, if one is a technical expert), nothing was resolved.  Instead, my computer i ...

Question On Keyboards
Jan 15, 2011

I presently have a keyboard that is USB, and the insert, delete, home, end, page up and page down are in groups of 2 keys top and bottom, 3 across. When I purchased my new HP computer, I noticed the keyboard that came with it was a USB, but the now the insert key is up with the pause/break key in the same line as the hot keys (F) and the home, delete, end, page up, page down are now 2 columns of 3 top and bottom. The delete key takes up two space keys. I have been using the former one for all m ...

Logitech Keyboards
Mar 24, 2011

I recently started having some issues with my Logitech wireless keyboard where it was getting harder to press down on the keys.  I recently moved and when I got everything set up I noticed that the touch seemed to be different.  Shook the keyboard out, took a damp cloth and wiped the keyboard down, etc and still seems to be "different."  I called Logitech this morning and explained what was going on and they are replacing the keyboard free of charge and apparently, you do not have ...

Gloves And Keyboards
Sep 21, 2011

I have a two-fold question here.  Has anyone tried the arthritis gloves from transcripotion gear that are designed to keep your hands warm in the winter (sorry to say that awful word but it is coming), and the stiffness when I am cold is very hard to take in terms of speed and loosening up.  Second fold, has anyone tried the mechanical keyboards?  The ones that area not the "soft touch" and actually make a clicking sound?  The only ones I am finding are ones for "gamers" ...

Ergonomic Keyboards
Jan 28, 2012

I have been a transcriptionist for quite some time and have used the Microsoft Elite Ergonomic Keyboard and have tried two new replacements but for some reason with the newer version of this brand the keys are really hard to touch.  Has anyone used a split keyboard such as the Kinesis or Gold Touch?  I am looking at spending more on something that is of better quality and soft touch on the keys due to shoulder problems.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!  ...

Dell Laptop And Transcription Foot Pedal
Aug 10, 2011

I just bought a new Dell laptop.  I had to do a few upgrades to make my transcription program operable.  Now that is out of the way and I have run into a problem with my footpedal.  It fits, but does not operate, even when I switch the foot pedal settings to USB, COM 1 or COM 2.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  This is the foot pedal I had been using for my desk top.  I am assuming another foot pedal works for the Dell laptop.  ...

New Dell Desk Top/Infinity Foot Pedal
Sep 21, 2012

Good morning! I've been a transcriptionist for 18 years and this will be my first question.  I just got a a new PC two days ago.  However, my foot pedal (which operates fine on my laptop) won't work.  I have jobs in my work queu that I can't get to because the pedal won't play them.  The computer seemes to recognize the pedal and said it installed drivers but it just doesn't operate even after three reboots.  I have Windows 7.   Is this pro ...

Looking For One Of Those Clickety-click Keyboards (sm)
Jun 09, 2010

I really like the old style keyboards with the metal contacts and springs, rather than the soft touch keyboards with silicon contacts and rubber (but with a USB plug). I've looked at Office Depot, Staples and Best Buy - no one has them.  Anybody else like those? and do you have any suggestions on where they can be found?   ...

No Matter How Many Keyboards I Try (and I Have A Stack Of 'em)
Jul 17, 2011

What's your favorite keyboard to use to transcribe?  My recent experiment, a multimedia Apevia, which by the way is a piece of junk!  But it was blue and pretty, so I bought it.  I am always trying to find a better keyboard, but none beat my Saitek!  Big letters, spacious keyboard (I have a bit of a wide hand), and lots of fun stuff like background lighting.  Oh, and my company blocks all install (.exe) so my work computer didn't even recognize it........NEXT ...

Ergonomic Keyboards And Speed
Aug 25, 2011

I'm switching up my office stuff and i'm thinking about getting an ergonomic keyboard. I have been typing on a laptop and every once in a while my hands cramp up. I was just wondering if anyone had a learning curve with the ergo keyboard and if it slowed down their production at all. Thanks! :) ...

Wireless Keyboards For Work - Thoughts?
Nov 21, 2010

I just got a wireless mouse as a gift and absolutely love it, however it does use batteries and I'm unsure how often I'll have to replace them due to being on the computer for long hours working.  I would love to get a wireless keyboard as well (two less cords to trip over, lol), and am would appreciate input from other MTs who have used them.  Are they just as responsive as wired keyboards, have long battery life, etc.?  Some of them are a tad expensive, so I'm uns ...

Gaming Keyboards/keypads Question
May 05, 2011

I was looking for gaming keyboards, since quite a few people are saying how much better they are for doing SR.  All of the ones I've seen have a standard layout, but I use an ergo board.  Has anyone just added a gaming keypad to their current setup, and does it have enough programmable command keys to make it worthwhile?  They sell for about half the price of the gaming keyboard. ...

Carpal Tunnel & Ergo Keyboards
Nov 12, 2011

I was wondering if anyone has tried either the Kinesis contoured, Kinesis Freestyle, Goldtouch, or SafeType keyboards. I am using a Microsoft ergo split keyboard now, but I am having more and more pain and numb/weird feelings in my arms and hands. It's getting to the point where I am having a lot of difficulty typing. I definitely need to invest in a more high-end ergo keyboard, but they are quite expensive and I am not sure which one would be best. Just looking for any experiences and pro ...

Anyone Used Trackball Or Touch Pad Keyboards For Editing?
May 17, 2014

I'm so sick of having my right hand have to bounce back and forth from trackball to home keys, and arrow keys back to home keys it is much slower than transcription.  I also lose time having to constantly stop and feel for the home key position.  I did a search for keyboards and found two that have the trackball or touch pad in the middle lower portion of the keyboard so you can do what used to be mouse work with your thumbs and it looks like your fingers don't have to leave ...

Podiatry: Unable To Palpate A S/l "dell". Nm
May 03, 2011

nm ...