A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Did you guys know Dell, Inc was into Transcription - they have an ad on Indeed.com

Posted: Jul 23, 2010

At first, I thought it was just a company named Dell, but then was redirected to the Dell website.

I would be very careful of this. If I remember correctly (sm) - JustanMT

[ In Reply To ..]
there was a similar posting on this site, as well as others, and it turned out to be a scam. Make sure you research it thoroughly before applying.

Good luck!

Be very careful when one site "redirects" you to - another. Lots of them contain - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
malware, trojans and viruses, some of which can kill your computer if allowed to keep running. They are almost impossible to get rid of, too.

If you get redirected to another page, don't click on ANYTHING on that page, even if it seems legit. Don't even click on the red "X" at the top rigt of the page to close it. Instead, hit "CTL-ALT-DEL" and close the program that way.

Similar Messages:

Dell Laptop And Transcription Foot Pedal
Aug 10, 2011

I just bought a new Dell laptop.  I had to do a few upgrades to make my transcription program operable.  Now that is out of the way and I have run into a problem with my footpedal.  It fits, but does not operate, even when I switch the foot pedal settings to USB, COM 1 or COM 2.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  This is the foot pedal I had been using for my desk top.  I am assuming another foot pedal works for the Dell laptop.  ...

Dell Keyboards
Oct 12, 2009

Is it true that the letters on the Dell keyboards never wear off? ...

Do You Use A Dell Laptop
Dec 26, 2011

I would like to buy a new dell laptop to use to work on transcription because I have to travel across country and I need Dell brand because I have a Dell credit card that I can use to purchase it with.  Do any other MTs/QA use a dell laptop that you like and if so, which one is it.  If I can find one that another MT is using and likes, I'll order one.  Thanks ...

Dell Or Defect
Aug 13, 2012

"Patient has no obvious dell or defect in the Achilles." She is being seen for Achilles tendinitis. Is the word "dell?" I wondered if he meant "vale," as in "valley," but there is a definite hard "D" sound to the word. Googling "dell" only gets me computer links :{ ...

New MQ Dell Keyboard Woes
Dec 13, 2011

Has anyone been successful in using an adapter to hook up their old keyboard to their new MQ Dell computer?  I hate the low-profile Dell USB keyboard they sent me and all of my other keyboards have PS2 connectors.  After being unsuccessful at going out shopping to try to buy a new USB keyboard with a higher profile, I purchased an adapter to convert a PS2 keyboard to a USB port hook-up but it does not recognize the keyboard.  Just wondering if anyone else ...

Need Suggestions On Dell Laptops For Work
Apr 25, 2012

I am finally going to do it.   My desktop is ancient and I am starting a new job and figured I would go for it and get a laptop for work since I need a computer anyway.  I prefer Dell as I am familiar with them and have had no problems.   Any suggestions on what works well for our line of work?  TIA!!!! ...

Dell Support Messed Up My Computer
Aug 11, 2013

Last Tuesday, I was going to install McAfee Anti-Virus on my computer.  To do that, I first had to remove Microsoft Security Essentials from my computer.  I couldn't see Microsoft SE on the list of programs in Add/Remove, so I regrettably decided to call Dell support (I have a Dell computer.)  So instead of simply removing Microsoft SE and installing McAfee (which should only take about 1 hour, if one is a technical expert), nothing was resolved.  Instead, my computer i ...

New Dell Desk Top/Infinity Foot Pedal
Sep 21, 2012

Good morning! I've been a transcriptionist for 18 years and this will be my first question.  I just got a a new PC two days ago.  However, my foot pedal (which operates fine on my laptop) won't work.  I have jobs in my work queu that I can't get to because the pedal won't play them.  The computer seemes to recognize the pedal and said it installed drivers but it just doesn't operate even after three reboots.  I have Windows 7.   Is this pro ...

Podiatry: Unable To Palpate A S/l "dell". Nm
May 03, 2011

nm ...

Just Want To Thank You Guys For Being Here
Apr 18, 2012

lets face it the situation rots,,,so we can make the best of a bad situation or curl up and die (cant afford the latter so)...But again thanks for the helpful hints and letting me vent now and again..Im in a better boat then most pulling a disability check from my former job...I just really wish I could do more for you all that depend on this money as your main form of income..There is no way I could do it....so any ideas you all want to try, count me in, if I get fired, I can survive, not very ...

I'm Sure You Guys Have
Mar 24, 2015

dated February 2015 http://crankalicious.hubpages.com/hub/The-Worst-Companies-to-Work-For-M-Modal some of it goes a bit far, in that we do get paid time off, but otherwise, its pretty spot on. i would so love to post this on MM's facebook page or on Twitter for their business partners to read, but i don't know how to do it anonymously.   ...

Oh God You Guys
May 18, 2015

I'm the one who posted below about the system not seeing all the work I typed today.  I uploaded a job just now and I caught it at the end saying returning job.  WHAT THE BEEP!! Has it returned all of the jobs I did today even though it says in editor I have done them?!!? I'm dying here.  I'm not pulling any more jobs now.  what is going on?!?!?  Check your lines in manager and see if it matches up with editor.  ...

Missed You Guys!!!
May 24, 2010

Been banned for a while.  We won't go into that. . . .  Glad to be back.  ...

How Often You Guys Have To Buy New Keyboard
Jun 10, 2011

I was just curious as to how often you guys have to buy new keyboards.  Seems like mine are biting the dust more often these days.  TIA.  ...

You Guys Have Inspired Me.
Mar 07, 2012

Well, it's time to go, guys. I'm saying goodbye. After 11 years in this field, I've enrolled in paralegal training. Like a lot of you, I figured transcription would get me through my working years with a home-based job and a decent wage that I could live on. Not so anymore. I still have a good job with a hospital, where my bosses claim outsourcing will never happen. Yeah, sure it won't. I went ahead and enrolled in school while I still have a decent income and the heart to le ...

You Guys Will Never Believe This ASR Mistake
Sep 13, 2012

This ASR mistake was so perfect that it is unbelievable.  It's so unbelievable that I would never have put it on here unless it was for real.  Dictated:  "M-H-C-L, all in caps" ASR:  MT agency hell hole  ...

What Do You Guys Do When A VR Report Is
Oct 02, 2013

I mean wrong as in, there will be a long run of sentences in which VR doesn't get a single word right.  I don't know WHY, because this speaker happens to speak very clearly at a decent speed and with no background noise.   Do you guys just delete everything and retype?  Do you ask your TL to be compensated as straight transcription when that happens?  Or do you make every single correction as you go along (which happens to take about 395 years to do). Also, I' ...

I've Noticed Some Of You Guys Saying That
Feb 04, 2015

backup account or an unfamiliar account when you run out of work on your primary.  Are we allowed to do this?  I would rather stick my primary and flex my time to a later time or even not at all if possible.  I don't want to risk getting below 99% (which I still sometimes do even on my familiar primary account, but I know it would happen on my backup account, which is unfamilar to me, rarely work in it).   But I thought if we ran out of work we had to immediate ...

Are You Guys In North Getting Work?
Feb 15, 2010

I haven't seen any NJA posts for ages.  I had no work Sunday night or tonight, and I have no-India accounts! ...

You Guys Are Unbelievable. For Months You
Mar 03, 2010

For months you have complained about NJA and other people logging on randomly and taking your work away.  So MQ comes up with a system whereby this will no longer be allowed to happen -- and you are now complaining about it too ?  The point here is to make sure that you will have work at your scheduled time without other people hopping on and doing it.   Isn't that what you have been wanting ?You have been really spoiled by MQ if you are used to logging on 15 minutes lat ...

What Do You Guys Do With A Verbatim Acct When Doc
Feb 26, 2011

clearly dictates a sentence that makes absolutely no sense.  Just sort of an open-ended sentence, not even a fragment?  I'm trying so hard to keep the blanks down, which my % is really okay, but I'm finding more and more that these docs are just not making any sense and the mistakes are getting ridiculous!!!  Maybe they are texting when they are dictating........Anyhow, do you just type what they say and send it off or do you mark it for QA? ...

OK I Trust You Guys So Much, I Just Ordered
Mar 14, 2011

OK, What Do You Guys Do When You Consistently Run Out Of Work? Sm
Oct 26, 2011

This is getting crazy now.  I'm clocking in and out so many times in a day that I spend more time doing that than actually working.  I show up for my shift and am available to work my entire shift but with no work and no pay.  I've been trying UI in between running out of work but can't get through.  I need the money; please don't get wrong about that, BUT I also have other things going on and alot of it, and I don't have the time most days to make th ...

What Do You Guys Usually Do When There Is No Work During Your Shift? Sm
Jun 20, 2012

I've been checking every 10 to 15 minutes for the past 2.5 hours with only 1 report during that time.  Of course I punched out.  I do not like spending my day this way and it is foolish to be doing this and not getting paid.  It's also difficult to work after my shift on some days as I have other commitments and also a family to take care of.  It's stressful enough not having work and earning money but I get so stressed with feeling like I have to sit here and ...

An Mmodal MT. You Guys Have Work??
Dec 30, 2012

WE HAVE HARDLY ANY WORK at Mmodal.  Quite a few of us have $70.00 paychecks for a 2 week period which does not pay for the electric or cable bills.  Mmodal says it is slow because of the holidays...  Oh really, well holidays do not run for 3 months in a row.  I have dictators stating the hospital beds are full and ER wait time for patients are over 6 hours because of too many patients being seen.  Yet, Mmodal says we are slow and have low volume because of the holidays. ...

How In The World Do You Guys Manage Here?
May 09, 2014

Specs for each account that seem completely random, pulled out of someone's  ****, and it's always some small problem constantly.   I spend more time checking specs than I do typing.  I'll never get off QA at this rate.  I would probably like the account if I could get past all this picky this, that and the other.  Date of service or appointment is wrong,  then you don't get a template pulled in and have to type it all by hand???   ...

How Many Of You Gals And Guys OOW Today??
Sep 03, 2014

It's a broken record "things are slow, it will pick up"....... ...

What Light Do You Guys Keep Talking About??
Dec 15, 2014

No clue.  ...

Don't You Guys Remember A Few Years Ago When We Got A Letter
Nov 13, 2009

from the then CEO thanking us for our hard work?  He said there would be no MQ without the MTs, blah, blah, blah (it happened around MT week).  A few weeks later we got our first pay cut. Now that's appreciation! IMO, something's up!  Hold onto your shorts!  ...

You Guys Need To Cut The Crap. If There Is No Work Consistently
Nov 17, 2009

I've been in this business 30 plus years.  When my company dries up for whatever reason, or if I find myself unproductive.  I pack my grip and move on. Stop complaining if you're planning on staying there.  Get up off your behinds and search, research, put out applications, take the tests that are required.  Do I like going to the MTTEST site for every other company?  No, but I do it if that is the requirement.  Go ahead and flame on. ...