A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

united transcription - info from past or present employees - anon

Posted: Dec 23, 2014

Any info from past or present employees working with United would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

I do.... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked with United for over 2 years now and I am very happy with them...the work is there, the line rate is decent, they prefer you leave blanks within reason, and they pay religiously on time always every other Friday. THAT is getting to be a bit hard to find nowadays...they do have ESLs on one account but the rest of the accounts and dictators are quite good.

united - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
thanks so much.... it is so good to hear something positive about a company.

Plenty of work ----- just what I want to hear.

I agree with the poster below -- in addition - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
They are a very "personal company" who will take the time to make a phone call if one of the ICs has a concern or a suggestion. Yes, there are a couple of doctors, who can be real "pains" to transcribe as ESL doctors, but the majority are not bad and ESL docs are a fact of life.

Don't do it - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Word to the wise.

don't do it - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Elaborate? I can deal with difficult dictators and learning a new account. Where I am at, the work has completely dried up (outsourced I think but they won't admit it). I have 15 yrs experience, divorced, and on my own so may have no choice. More info would be greatly appreciated.
JMHO about "Don't do it" - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
I posted along with the other poster. I have found the QA to be fair, and if there are concerns, I can pick up the phone and talk to someone in "management." Yes, there are ESLs and a few of them are "true pains," (I have been an MT for 37 years), but this is the nature of the beast and the staff at United understands this and tries to make things easy for the MTs. You are provided with sample dictations, which I have downloaded and have saved. More than likely, you will have several accounts, but it is NOT a nightmare as far as account specs, etc. Many of the facilities have the same docs, account specs. They are growing and have PLENTY of work! I notice though that everyone seems to "disappear" come the weekends -- they will send out emails asking for work. They pay about industry standard, pay every other week and via DD -- I have never had a late check etc. Also, they did send a card for my birthday and sent one at Xmas. I like them and have had no problems with them whatsoever.

I just feel that possibly the other poster did not have the "ESL experience" and was getting slammed. I have gotten my fair share/steady diet of the ESLs and just contact the operations team via email and they change my work pool. They are VERY accommodating in that regard.
I am the Poster and I have plenty of ESL experience. nm - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Any Info On United Transcription Out Of NC?
Nov 29, 2009

Hi.  Was hoping that someone could give me some information regarding United Transcription out of North Carolina??  Any details would be very much appreciated  ...

United Transcription In North Carolina, Any Current Info??-sm
Aug 25, 2010

They're supposed to send transcription test today. It's been a few wks since I applied so forget what ad said. Found some posts in archives and somewhat concerned. One said they use "tests" to get actual work done, hired but never heard from again, another said scam (from 2006), pay 7.5 cents for 17 yrs of exp with clunky platform, and so on. But also looks like there are few different companies with same name. Already make over 7.5 cents so not interested in doing their test if that&# ...

To Transcend TLs, Past Or Present
Apr 12, 2011

What are the biggest challenges with your position?  Do you end up putting in more hours than you feel well compensated for?  Does it wear you out trying to keep up with your production as well as do your TL duties?  Is it more difficult to get vacation time scheduled as a TL?  TY! ...

Past Or Present Tense Voice
May 07, 2010

Okay, I have been very confused about this lately.  When a doctor is reviewing medical reports from other providers and is documenting it within his report, should it be done in present tense or past tense??? I think that it should be done all in the past tense, but I have had arguments for both.  Basically, I just want the right answer.  For example, "The patient was seen on 06/10/09 and stated that he had right leg pain.  The report indicated that the patient had an antalg ...

Anyone Heard Of GO Partners, Past Or Present?
Sep 13, 2011

Has anyone heard of GO Partners, past or present?  Not much in the archives.  Good, bad, American company?  They had a posting listed but now it is down.  Just wondering... ...

Questions For Past/present Auditors
Mar 24, 2014

Couple of questions for any past/present auditors: 1. How long were you with MM before you moved to the auditing department? 2. Were you actively seeking the move or were you offered it out of the blue? 3. Are you making more or less than you were on production? 4. Do you focus on a certain number of accounts similar to HDS/SHDAs or are you required to cover whatever comes across your desk at any given time?   Thanks! ...

What Is Your Opinion Of Nuance Transcription And United Transcription (United In Charlotte, NC)
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered a position with both.  I have; however, in the past, had a position where the employer still owes me $6000.  Does United pay and have the work?  Does Nuance have enough work for me?  I need full time work guaranteed income, like everyone else.  Good luck to all out there! ...

Keystrokes Recent Employees - Past And Current
Mar 29, 2011

If anyone who recently worked for Keystrokes or still works for them who worked overtime without getting paid for it, please let me know. Thanks. ...

Question For Current/past SoftScript Employees..
Sep 20, 2011

Wondering if anyone has been let go because of sending over 8% of work to QA.  They expect our line count to be at least 135 an hour (which for the most part is easily done), our accuracy to be 98+ and under 8% to QA.  Sometimes this is not possible.  I do everything I can to not send to QA (relisten, utilize google, books, relisten, adjust speed/sound, did I mention relisten, relisten, relisten).....but lets face it there are a boatload of dictators that are just impossible.  ...

How Many Nuance Employees Have Quit In The Past 30 Days?
Aug 04, 2013

I'm just curious because I'm actively looking for anything other than this MT crap. On my main account, most of this a.m. no work. Now all of a sudden there's work plus they want me to move to another count to help out. Why didn't you need my help this morning? Sorry, but my shift ends now and I'm outta here. It seems every day there are people quitting - I can't wait to jump on that band wagon. :) ...

SoftScript Newly Hired Employees For The Past 3 Months
Nov 01, 2012

Hiring process, training/training pay? Ease of use of platform, ease of obtaining line counts, pay, paydates, benefits, insurance premiums, time off, etc. TIA ...

United Transcriptio In NC-any Info Would Be Appreciated
Aug 05, 2011

Especially interested in their pay scale. Thx ...

United Transcription?
Jun 13, 2010

Good or bad?  ...

United Transcription Out Of NC
Jul 12, 2013

I wanted to see if anybody had any current information on United Transcription out of North Carolina.  What is their communication like, training, pay, workload, etc...  Any info would be great!  Thanks! ...

United Transcription Of NC
Sep 04, 2013

Has anyone worked for, currently work for, or know of anyone who has worked for United Transcription of North Carolina?  They seem nice on the phone, but was wondering what the workload was like, percentage of ESLs, and the ability to earn a better-than-below minimum wage paycheck. Thanks!  ...

United Transcription Anybody Currently Working
Mar 29, 2010

there who can give me the pay rate, good, bad and the ugly, if any. ...

Does Anyone Have Any Information On United Transcription?
Apr 27, 2012

Does anyone have any information on United Transcription?  Do they have straight typing or VR?  Any info would be much appreciated.  I took the dictation part of the test today and am waiting to hear back from them. ...

What The Deal Is With United Transcription
Aug 08, 2012

Does anyone know what the deal is with United Transcription. I have a ton of experience but obviously not good enough. What is it they are looking for or not looking for? Cannot find much on the company, starting to wonder about whether this is even legit or not. Please advise. Thanks. ...

I Have Applied At United Transcription. . .
Aug 13, 2012

. . . so we'll see.  I don't particularly like that they give you a choice of set shifts, even as an IC, which is what I want, because I have to juggle my work with another job as a travel agent.  However, I HAVE to have at least 1000 lines a day to keep me going between commissions.  I usually work in the evenings and early in the morning and I have no problem with TAT.  I don't need to be babysat and held to a set schedule, since I have been doing this for 20 ...

UNITED TRANSCRIPTION - Has Anyone Ever Worked For Them
Aug 28, 2014

Has anyone ever worked for them and how are they to work for? ...

United Transcription Or Alpha Transcription
Sep 14, 2010

Just trying to get info on both companies.  Don't see much when I search.  Anyone work for either of these and can give me more info would be appreaciated.  ...

United Transcription - Some Current Information
Sep 07, 2010

Can someone give me some current information about this company, good bad, would prefer someone working there now or within the last 6 months. Have done a search but would like something more current.  Thanks in advance. ...

United Transcription In North Carolina?
Aug 07, 2012

Does anyone have any information on United Transcription in North Carolina? Thinking about applying with this company and too many scams out there, no tolerance for another scam... Thanks clm ...

United Transcription Out Of North Carolina
Sep 12, 2013

Any information on this company would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks It is getting worse by the day in finding jobs anymore no matter what field one is in.   ...

United Transcription - Information On This Company?
Nov 05, 2014

Does anybody have information on this company?  I had an invitation to test with them. ...

United Transcription - Answer A Few Questions For Me?
Jan 02, 2015

Can anyone working here answer a few questions for me?  How many liph are you getting here or lines per pay period?  I hear good things about working with them, which is a nice change, but would love to have some answers regarding earning potential.  Please....... ...

United Transcription Located In North Carolina?
Aug 26, 2010

Can you share your experiences with this company?   Thanks ...

Any Current Info On Diskriter? Cannot Seem To Find Anything Past 2008. TIA. Nm
Apr 19, 2011

s ...

Athreon Info From Any CURRENT Employees
Aug 06, 2014

Looking for any info good, bad, ugly, such as pay, pay on time, flexibility, dictators, etc.  Did find some in the archives, kind of disappointing. TIA ...

ProScript Any Info Current Employees
Jan 13, 2015

Looking for information on this company from current employees...how do you like it...do you stay busy...and what do they pay for VR and straight transcription ...