A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

asking for info on SoftScript - mtwood

Posted: Jan 22, 2013

I run out of work all the time for my shift. If you want to make - more than the minimum, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
this is not the place for that. They are always rushing you around to get what is there done, which isn't much between I don't know how many people, but then you get that done just to have to sit around and wait for something to do. You are expected to work on many different accounts at one time. You have a primary and a backup and a backup and a backup and a backup and a backup and you work all of these accounts at the same time. You could get 1 job from 1 account and then 2 from another and then 1 from still another and so. It's crazy if you ask me. Hard to get to know the dictors and account specifics when you're constantly jumping around from one hospital to the next.

That was also my experience - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
Production manager panics if there are 20 jobs to be typed and asks for "all hands on deck." Five minutes later, there is no work.

What would you like to know? - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
There are pros and cons of working there, just like every place. Their word- based platform is old as the hills, not difficult to learn, but not production friendly either. The demographics have to be applied after the report is typed. If you add the demographics and then get a CC, you have to copy the entire report, get rid of the report on the screen, and then select and paste the report type again. Sometimes you have to cut and paste the headers on multiple pages. It is all straight typing, no VR, but they are EXTREMELY nasty if you mess up ANYTHING on the acct specifics, and there are many account specs b /c you will always be adding new accounts as your work runs out daily.

Poor account management - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Rather than staffing each account with the appropriate MTs needed and maybe a couple of MTs for backup, it seems they put way too many people on each account. So, the way this works is you end up having account A, account B, account C, account D, account E, account F and account G. Well, each and every account has at least two pages of account specifics and believe me when I tell you, they will DEFINITELY fire you for missing an account specific, no matter how minor it is.

When you are typing, it goes like this........
Account A---two jobs
Account C---one job
Account A---one job
Account D---three jobs
Account A---two jobs

So, you are constantly jumping from one account to the next, nothing to close out or open to get a different account, it just pops up in the work pool, so you have to be VERY ALERT to that at all times. If you are typing in account A and you are supposed to type patient's name in the document, then all of a sudden you are in account B where it is forbidden to type patient's name, well ooops, you are in trouble.

Management are not understanding in the least bit about this being an issue. Make ONE account specific mistake and you are threatened to be pulled from the account because they "cannot afford those types of errors." It is completely blown out of proportion too, it is always really just stupid little quirks more often than not. Make too many account specific mistakes and you are just fired.

They REALLY should look into these issues and assign the appropriate amount of MTs for every account and I bet they could keep staff.

How do they have so many account specifics? - ??

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked on jobs where there were NO account specifics and others where there was a little change here and there that was specific to a facility, but never in my life have I seen two to three pages of entirely different account specifics for every single account. I couldn't keep up with them either and the suggestion from my mentor was to print them out and read over them each time before I did a report. Like stated earlier, it jumps from account to account, so I would spend more time reading than I would typing. It seems they could narrow these down a bit, I think.

Account specifics are based on the facilitie's requirements... Sm - Old Woman

[ In Reply To ..]
and not on the company's requirements. Some facilities want headings bolded, some underlined, some neither. Some do not want patients' names used, others allow it. Because SS reports are transcribed in Word, there is no back-end formatting that some MTSOs have built into their platforms. Hope that helps explain the account specifics conundrum.
*facilities'* gosh-darnit!! Nm - Old Woman
[ In Reply To ..]
Ohhhhhh - thanks:)
[ In Reply To ..]
I see, so it has a lot to do with the Word-based platform. Whew, I was thinking SS just handed the hospitals a few pieces of paper and told them to go to town writing, since it seemed so much more excessive than most. I get it now, thanks:)

Rolodex - VetMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree having multiple accounts is difficult. However, I need a job, and Softscript stacks up against others about the same to a tad better (no matter where you work, it's always something). So...

I got a Rolodex. The tabs are the account, and each account has a card for the stuff that could be different from account to account, like auto-numbering, patient names, whether meds go in a list or paragraph, etc. It's a lot easier to flip through this than click on new account specifics every time I get a report. This helped my production immensely.

A box of index cards could work for this, too. You gotta do what you gotta do. This is a very tough business in a very tough economy. Bottom line: Do I keep food on the table or not?
I also had cheat sheets - kicking back
[ In Reply To ..]

I kept large index cards and then eventually converged all that info into an Excel worksheet, with each of the 30+ accounts I had in a different worksheet tab. I used the same format for every client in alphabetical order, starting with Abbreviations, Allergies, Blanks, etc.

You're right in that it certainly helped me keep track of the most vital things that changed from client to client, but the IMMENSE amount of time I had to spend in creating this elaborate system just to keep up with the accounts... it was time I wasn't paid for and something I should have not had to do, had their acct specs been better organized and easier to follow.

Bottom line is that the company sucks. Not just the account specs, but also the "punishment" and cut in pay and in my case, demotion from QA to MT every I made an error. The innumerous emails and the hateful, angry content in those emails was also something that became unbearable.

If you like working for A-hole managment people who've never typed a report in their life and who are angry 24/7, then the best of luck to you.

I could not have said it better - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
After working there for 2 weeks, I was told that I made an account spec error by my manager and if it happened again, she would have to refer the situation to upper management. Really? You won't go to work a day where you don't feel like your job is in jeopardy. Also, they have a database of reports that have been typed but you can only see them the way they were typed, not necessarily correct, so you can't really rely on the acct specs being right in those either.

Yes, I agree - Kerri

[ In Reply To ..]
ANY mistake in the account specs you make they threaten to "immediately remove you from the account" and will end up firing you. It is horrible the way they treat you.

Poor account management - Junebug

[ In Reply To ..]
Amen to that! Really makes me wonder, are the "account specifics" really that important to the account, or to the management?

bad memories - kickin back

[ In Reply To ..]

You brought back a world of anxiety.  I remember switching back and forth between this hospital and that clinic - and having to keep innumerable index cards and cheat sheets - and constantly digging through them to pull up the most important items I had jotted down for each and every friggin account.  Not to mention, there were doctors within each account that also had their own special requests. 

There was a time that I wanted to run my own MT company and I always swore if I did that, the doctors, hospitals, and clinics would be made to understand that WE, the MT company followed format and grammar guidelines as set forth by we, the MT company, and not by every individual client or doctor. 

For example, some clients want a comma added before the last item in a list of 3 or more.  Some clients want their headings bolded and underlined (even though many platforms do not support this).  Some clients want a colon after their headings and/or want their headings as dictated, even if it is an abbreviation, whereas other clients want their headings spelled out.  Some clients want mg, t.i.d., p.o., p.r.n., etc., spelled out (stupid).  Some clients want their PE flush left with each subheading on their own line and capitalized, while others want their PE in paragraph format and no subheadings.  It is never ending.  The clients have no clue what they impose upon the MT company handling their work. 

In my dream world in which I ran my own company - I would tell the clients 'this is how we do this so that everything is formatted across the board for all our clients.'  SScript has the worst account specifics and platform than I have ever seen.  And is that whacko CEO still running things?  The grammar in her emails alone made her look so unprofessional and ignorant.  Not to mention her rage outbursts - and the millions of emails a day you are expected to keep on top of - all while being paid production. 

Dream world... Sm - Old Woman

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, you are living in a dream world. If an MTSO cannot support and supply a client's demands, then how long do you think that client would remain with them. There is some truth in the old addage "The customer is always right."

And about the "CEO" you mentioned, she was not the CEO but the VP and she passed away a few years ago.
We must be talking about 2 different people - kicking back
[ In Reply To ..]

The person I'm talking about is still there. I last worked for them in 2011.

SS - ExSS

[ In Reply To ..]
The above posts are my same experience as far as those horrid account specifics! Also, they require you to stick strictly to a schedule, so if you are scheduled to work Sunday through Thursday 3-11, you must be working or waiting for work during those times. Problem is, if you are waiting for work and not getting lines, then when they go and dump lines in on weekends, they expect you to "make up your lines" during that time. You weren't allowed to take off on that Wednesday that you were without work, you had to babysit and do the job or two that came through, but then they just add a day to your work schedule because it conveniences them. Horrible place to work!

I didn't last there long - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
i just was not going to put up with the BS from my manager with the threatening emails every day that if there was no work "NOT TO JUST WALK AWAY" underlined and bolded. As far as I could see from working there, we should all be so happy to work that we are willing to do it for free by sitting there all day.

I lasted 3 days...sm - Tanya

[ In Reply To ..]
I made it 3 days after training. First night, 9 jobs in 5 hours. Second night, 3 jobs in 5 hours. Third night, 9 jobs in 5 hours. All had to go to QA as a new hire.

QA was ridiculous, dinging me on commas because apparently she couldn't find anything else to complain about. I've been doing this 40+ years. Plus, I did line counts in Word before doing all the button pushing (cc's etc) and it consistently came up 2 to 3 lines more than SS was giving me on their count. I don't work where somebody's messing with my line count.

Seriously thinking about going back to my old job - OMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been with them 3 months. The platform, the account specifics and the QA are all very confusing and, just when you think you're doing it right, you aren't. The "training" pay is low and they release you after 2 hours of "training" but you have to go over each and every report by re-listening to it all over again and you are only making line count. QA is constantly inconsistent. Even if you stick to the account specifics (and they are all different for every account), you will get a QA that goes against the specifics and many that go against the BOS. I had one QA person change my atrial fibrillation back to Afib because "That is how it was dictated." Very frustrating.

Similar Messages:

Softscript Any Info?
Nov 02, 2009

What does anybody know about a company called Softscript and what do they think --  I think Medical Transcriptionists are being ripped off.  I have worked for 3 major transcription companies; and have watched my income steadily decline.  I've been doing this work for 23 years and wish I knew how to do something else.  With the new platforms it's close to impossible to get a good line count, you're paid less when you edit, and your QA'ed to death.  The company I currently ...

Does Anyone Have Any Info On Softscript?
Dec 06, 2013

Does anyone have any info on Softscript? ...

Info On Softscript
Nov 18, 2014

Is anyone current working at Softscript that can tell me if they are a good company to work for?  I have had enough with Nuance.  If most of you haven't figured it out yet, we US employees are only working for Nuance to do their cleanup.  The reason work is so slow is because of Dragon and India's cherrypicking.  I now have 5 accounts compared to 1 or 2 a year ago with slow work still.  ...

Info Appreciated On SoftScript.
Nov 02, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the employee cost for a single plan with SoftScript is?  Also what is the added CPL for 2nd shift differential? ...

SoftScript Info Wanted Please
Apr 01, 2011

Hi,  Any comments good or bad on SoftScript for transcription or QA editor jobs? Thanks. ...

Current Info On SoftScript?
Sep 20, 2013

Can anyone give me current info on SoftScript? Do they have plenty of work, pay on time, line rates, platform etc.  Thanks in advance. ...

From MModal To Softscript - Any Info??
Mar 06, 2014

Just recently offered a position at SS.  I was just going through the archives to see if there was any info on this company, but everything seems pretty old on here.  Anyone working for them now that could give some advice?  Good company/bad company?  I read where communication is non-existant, but if that is the worst of it.. I can handle that.  I have worked for M*Modal....so that is pretty much the bottom of the barrel!  SS has GOT to be better than them! ...

Softscript Opinion/info..HELP
Dec 02, 2014

I need to know opinions on working for Softscript before I jump aboard. Good/bad/ugly. Also how many lines per hour are feasible? ...

Any Opinions On SoftScript! Thanks In Advance For Any Info..nm
Oct 15, 2009

nm ...

SoftScript Production Manager Info?
Jan 05, 2013

Please give me some info on this position if you can on hours and pay scale. TIA! ...

Considering Softscript, Any Current Info Or Opinion On Their FT Benefits? Thanks (NM)
Jan 03, 2012

SoftScript Current Employee Info About Company
Feb 23, 2014

Have read lots of negatives. My basic question is about whether there is enough work available and what the benefits are like especially health insurance. Am just really looking for some accurate current info. Thanks. ...

I Need Info On Transtech And SoftScript Insurance (single Premium And Coverage).
Dec 06, 2010

nm ...

Info On Accentus US Ambulatory? Is It Associated With Nuance? Any Info Appreciated. NmNm
Feb 18, 2014

Xx ...

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO ON GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jan 10, 2010

Looking for information about Global Info Systems.  Can anyone telll me anythihng about them.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Have Info/work For Global Info In Texas???
Jul 04, 2012

Need to know any info ASAP on I think its called Global Info Systems or something like that out of Texas. Lots of clinic work, but low low line rate offered. Need to know about management, stability, VR reality, workload, response from tech support, etc. Also, are these clinics in India? Thanks for any help! ...

If You Can't Get Course Info Without Leaving Info So They Can Call/spam You
Sep 12, 2012

It isn't easy to get off some of the spam and phone call lists when you click for more information about some of these courses. I've found that for me, it isn't worth it to get that information if I am giving up my privacy. Some of these people are relentless! You can't get away from them once they get your information. There is one in particular that makes sure you hear from them every day in one form or another. They become your best friend, even if you weren't lookin ...

Any Info On GIS (Global Info Systems) Out Of TX? I
Jan 21, 2012

I applied for an MT position with them.  I don't see anything recent on the boards and wondered if they were a good company to work for.  TIA ...

Global Info Systems - Info?
Dec 13, 2012

I am testing with GIS this evening, does anyone have any information on this company. I am currently working with TTS, they do not even pay 4 CPL for editing. I feel like this business has become a legalized form of slavery. The only business where with over 10 years of experience, your pay goes down. ...

IC For Softscript?
Feb 27, 2010

Has anyone ever been an IC for softscript?  I ask because I read the complaints that employees had, that they had to make up sick time and they're not at all flexible with scheduling.  Being an IC would seem to solve that problem.  Also, what sort of line count do they expect? ...

SOFTSCRIPT, Inc.
Apr 29, 2010

What can you tell me about a company called Softscript out of California?  Thanks. ...

Job With SoftScript
Oct 29, 2010

Does anyone know if SoftScript is a good company to work for?  ...

Anyone Here Went From MQ To Softscript?
Dec 01, 2010

I've been with MQ forever but just can't stand it anymore with all their changes and micromanaging.  I'm considering Softscript, but don't know anything about their platform.  Anyone here quit MQ to work at Softscript?  ...

SoftScript Pay?
Dec 08, 2010

How long after end of pay period does Softscript usually pay?  I'm fairly new and trying to adjust!  It's the 8th and end of November pay hasn't posted yet - is it just me since I'm new?  Whenever it is, it's okay - I'm not complaining - I'm just wondering so I can budget accordingly!  I wasn't told anything about this at training or hiring and knew some helpful follks on here could help!  ...

Oh Me Oh My Softscript
Apr 16, 2011

such a shame since somebody there had the good sense to hire PMs who demonstrate a certain degree of competence that the executive leadership does not so very sad stay tuned ...

SoftScript At It Again
Aug 10, 2011

I work on MULTIPLE accounts and had about 10 jobs so far today.  and they have job posting on MTjobs.  Hiring for transcriptionists and advertising plenty of work.  ...

I Am Not A Fan Of Softscript,but
Oct 20, 2011

But, they have an ad on MTjob board that is just hilarious and funny.  They have a picture of a dog sitting on a lap top computer working and underneath the caption it says are you tired of your employer treating you like a dog.  The dog even have on glasses.  I am stiill laughing. ...

Softscript Really Bad?
Nov 28, 2011

Just finished their testing.  Have read the archives of 2011 on them.  Does not sound like a company I want to work for.  Are they employee status or IC?   Any current SS employees out there? ...

Anyone Have Anything To Say About Softscript?
Jan 31, 2012

anyone have anything to say about softscript?...have an interview with them next week... ...

Softscript? To Be...or Not To Be?
May 30, 2012

Anyone have anything to say about Softscript?  The good, the bad, the ugly. :)  Whatever you got, I'd like to hear it.  Pay on time, good people to work for, what is the pay, etc.  You know, all that good stuff.  Thanks! :) ...