A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Softscript any info? - Dusty

Posted: Nov 02, 2009

What does anybody know about a company called Softscript and what do they think --  I think Medical Transcriptionists are being ripped off.  I have worked for 3 major transcription companies; and have watched my income steadily decline.  I've been doing this work for 23 years and wish I knew how to do something else.  With the new platforms it's close to impossible to get a good line count, you're paid less when you edit, and your QA'ed to death.  The company I currently work for QA department is so inconsistent it is hard to get a good QA score.  In 23 years I've gone from being paid well to barely getting minimum wage.  If anyone knows a good company to work for, please let me know

The best company I ever worked for was Diskriter - KT

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been transcribing for 11 years now, and like you, I've watched my pay slowly dwindle. I used to be able to crank out 300 lines per hour, easy. That was at a company called Diskriter. They are really great. Their website is www.diskriter.com. They provide the computer with their software already on it. The company I am with now I am barely breaking 150 lines an hour...I just don't know what the deal is with this slow platform. It's driving me crazy. But anyways, I hear ya!

Similar Messages:

Asking For Info On SoftScript
Jan 22, 2013

Does Anyone Have Any Info On Softscript?
Dec 06, 2013

Does anyone have any info on Softscript? ...

Info On Softscript
Nov 18, 2014

Is anyone current working at Softscript that can tell me if they are a good company to work for?  I have had enough with Nuance.  If most of you haven't figured it out yet, we US employees are only working for Nuance to do their cleanup.  The reason work is so slow is because of Dragon and India's cherrypicking.  I now have 5 accounts compared to 1 or 2 a year ago with slow work still.  ...

Info Appreciated On SoftScript.
Nov 02, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the employee cost for a single plan with SoftScript is?  Also what is the added CPL for 2nd shift differential? ...

SoftScript Info Wanted Please
Apr 01, 2011

Hi,  Any comments good or bad on SoftScript for transcription or QA editor jobs? Thanks. ...

Current Info On SoftScript?
Sep 20, 2013

Can anyone give me current info on SoftScript? Do they have plenty of work, pay on time, line rates, platform etc.  Thanks in advance. ...

From MModal To Softscript - Any Info??
Mar 06, 2014

Just recently offered a position at SS.  I was just going through the archives to see if there was any info on this company, but everything seems pretty old on here.  Anyone working for them now that could give some advice?  Good company/bad company?  I read where communication is non-existant, but if that is the worst of it.. I can handle that.  I have worked for M*Modal....so that is pretty much the bottom of the barrel!  SS has GOT to be better than them! ...

Softscript Opinion/info..HELP
Dec 02, 2014

I need to know opinions on working for Softscript before I jump aboard. Good/bad/ugly. Also how many lines per hour are feasible? ...

Any Opinions On SoftScript! Thanks In Advance For Any Info..nm
Oct 15, 2009

nm ...

SoftScript Production Manager Info?
Jan 05, 2013

Please give me some info on this position if you can on hours and pay scale. TIA! ...

Considering Softscript, Any Current Info Or Opinion On Their FT Benefits? Thanks (NM)
Jan 03, 2012

SoftScript Current Employee Info About Company
Feb 23, 2014

Have read lots of negatives. My basic question is about whether there is enough work available and what the benefits are like especially health insurance. Am just really looking for some accurate current info. Thanks. ...

I Need Info On Transtech And SoftScript Insurance (single Premium And Coverage).
Dec 06, 2010

nm ...

Info On Accentus US Ambulatory? Is It Associated With Nuance? Any Info Appreciated. NmNm
Feb 18, 2014

Xx ...

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO ON GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jan 10, 2010

Looking for information about Global Info Systems.  Can anyone telll me anythihng about them.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Have Info/work For Global Info In Texas???
Jul 04, 2012

Need to know any info ASAP on I think its called Global Info Systems or something like that out of Texas. Lots of clinic work, but low low line rate offered. Need to know about management, stability, VR reality, workload, response from tech support, etc. Also, are these clinics in India? Thanks for any help! ...

If You Can't Get Course Info Without Leaving Info So They Can Call/spam You
Sep 12, 2012

It isn't easy to get off some of the spam and phone call lists when you click for more information about some of these courses. I've found that for me, it isn't worth it to get that information if I am giving up my privacy. Some of these people are relentless! You can't get away from them once they get your information. There is one in particular that makes sure you hear from them every day in one form or another. They become your best friend, even if you weren't lookin ...

Any Info On GIS (Global Info Systems) Out Of TX? I
Jan 21, 2012

I applied for an MT position with them.  I don't see anything recent on the boards and wondered if they were a good company to work for.  TIA ...

Global Info Systems - Info?
Dec 13, 2012

I am testing with GIS this evening, does anyone have any information on this company. I am currently working with TTS, they do not even pay 4 CPL for editing. I feel like this business has become a legalized form of slavery. The only business where with over 10 years of experience, your pay goes down. ...

IC For Softscript?
Feb 27, 2010

Has anyone ever been an IC for softscript?  I ask because I read the complaints that employees had, that they had to make up sick time and they're not at all flexible with scheduling.  Being an IC would seem to solve that problem.  Also, what sort of line count do they expect? ...

SOFTSCRIPT, Inc.
Apr 29, 2010

What can you tell me about a company called Softscript out of California?  Thanks. ...

Job With SoftScript
Oct 29, 2010

Does anyone know if SoftScript is a good company to work for?  ...

Anyone Here Went From MQ To Softscript?
Dec 01, 2010

I've been with MQ forever but just can't stand it anymore with all their changes and micromanaging.  I'm considering Softscript, but don't know anything about their platform.  Anyone here quit MQ to work at Softscript?  ...

SoftScript Pay?
Dec 08, 2010

How long after end of pay period does Softscript usually pay?  I'm fairly new and trying to adjust!  It's the 8th and end of November pay hasn't posted yet - is it just me since I'm new?  Whenever it is, it's okay - I'm not complaining - I'm just wondering so I can budget accordingly!  I wasn't told anything about this at training or hiring and knew some helpful follks on here could help!  ...

Oh Me Oh My Softscript
Apr 16, 2011

such a shame since somebody there had the good sense to hire PMs who demonstrate a certain degree of competence that the executive leadership does not so very sad stay tuned ...

SoftScript At It Again
Aug 10, 2011

I work on MULTIPLE accounts and had about 10 jobs so far today.  and they have job posting on MTjobs.  Hiring for transcriptionists and advertising plenty of work.  ...

I Am Not A Fan Of Softscript,but
Oct 20, 2011

But, they have an ad on MTjob board that is just hilarious and funny.  They have a picture of a dog sitting on a lap top computer working and underneath the caption it says are you tired of your employer treating you like a dog.  The dog even have on glasses.  I am stiill laughing. ...

Softscript Really Bad?
Nov 28, 2011

Just finished their testing.  Have read the archives of 2011 on them.  Does not sound like a company I want to work for.  Are they employee status or IC?   Any current SS employees out there? ...

Anyone Have Anything To Say About Softscript?
Jan 31, 2012

anyone have anything to say about softscript?...have an interview with them next week... ...

Softscript? To Be...or Not To Be?
May 30, 2012

Anyone have anything to say about Softscript?  The good, the bad, the ugly. :)  Whatever you got, I'd like to hear it.  Pay on time, good people to work for, what is the pay, etc.  You know, all that good stuff.  Thanks! :) ...