A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

about those good-to-work-for small companies -- - sm

Posted: Mar 08, 2012

Having most recently been at MDI, which sold to Transcend, and now is being bought by Nuance -- I am really bummed.  Those of you who say there ARE good companies out there, that one just has to look.  Please, tell me either on this forum or via e/m, what am I to look for?  How do I know when I find it?  I am near 60, with decades in this business in all capacities it seems, and need to know how to hone this process so as not to waste precious time and/or make mistakes.   A huge thank you for any help.

All the good little companies are gone - mtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
My great little small company just "merged" with viva Transcription. It's not nearly as great as my small company was. I think all the little ones, if there are any left, are being eaten up by the big nationals because they just can't compete with them anymore. Unfortunately when this happens, work quality goes down. :(

small company - em

[ In Reply To ..]
A small company I used to work for (clinic work only) didn't get eaten up by a big one, but it's on critical life support right now as it's lost almost all of its work to EMR.

Re: small companies - ae

[ In Reply To ..]
Hey SM,

I used to work at MDI too and just heard about Transcends buy-out. I just left Transcend in February due to some unfortunate circumstances. I left with no job. I put my resume in many companies and told they did not have a position available but would hold my resume. I took a couple tests and even with 30 years experience my score was not high enough. But the company I used to work for MVTS - happened to be hiring and I put in my resume and got the job. They are currently in a marketing push especially for radiology transcriptionists. They are a small company and really great to work for. I am not sure what to tell you - except that I did leave with no job and the timing was amazing and I did find work and I believe things will work out. I hope it does for you. I know with Transcend I felt like I was working like an egyptian slave. Working with MDI was such a pleasure.

thanks for the encouragement. - no message

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I like the smaller ones too. Question - - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Is DM still at MVTS?

Similar Messages:

Do You Think There Will Always Be Small Companies? Sm
Jun 17, 2010

Also, although voice recognition has taken off, do you think there will always be companies that won't do it? I think I feel more comfortable with the small companies than the big ones.     ...

Looking For Small Companies That Use Emdat...
Sep 04, 2013

I am looking for part-time work and have 3 years' exp in a variety of specialties.  I would like info on companies that use Emdat.  Thanks. ...

Small Companies Who Use Escription
Oct 03, 2013

Are there any small companies who use Escription for VR editing?  I worked briefly for Nuance and love Escription, but found the vast amout of managers, etc, confusing.  I never knew who to talk to, etc.  Other than that, they were great.  Wished I had not quit when I did, but....  Just wondering.   ...

Keystrokes Just Bought The Company I Work For. Are All Small Companies Being Sold?
May 31, 2011

I like that I will be an employee and that the office people are staying on with them.  I hope that this is good and that they don't try to get rid of us; I really love the account I am on.  Anyone else from MED-X here? ...

Good Companies Out There???
Jan 06, 2012

Are there truly any good companies out there??? I can't begin to tell you how many I have been through in the last couple of years. I finally thought I found a good home with JLG, been with them since August and for the most part been pretty content. Then, we got bought out and guess by who, MQ! Now I have been with MQ before, twice! And both times leaving because I was not happy with their CHANGES! And here I am once again grandfathered in due to the buy out. I was hired on part-time whic ...

Any Good Companies Out There?
Oct 13, 2012

I have been working for an excellent company for seven years. Unfortunately, they were put out of business by a bunch of poachers from one of the national MTSOs. We were well paid and treated like gold. Now I'm scrambling trying to get applications out, but nearly every company I have considered has turned out to have at least two horror stories about not getting paid, being underpaid, mistreated employees, etc. Is anybody out there having a good experience? Does anybody have first-hand kno ...

Any GOOD Companies?
Feb 06, 2013

I had a job I loved, at a hospital, until they shut us down and outsourced. Since then I have worked at 3 companies and can't find my niche, especially with low pay issues. Please let me know if you like where you work and can make at least minimum wage there.  ...

Good Companies
May 15, 2013

Can anyone recommend any GOOD transcription/editing companies or is anyone aware of any hospitals around the country currently hiring MTs/Editors direct, no "middleman." Thanks! ...

Are There Any Good Companies
Aug 24, 2013

I was wondering if there are any good companies to work for? I worked in the pathology department of a hospital for 8 years and now I am looking to work from home, but it seems like all the transcription companies I check into have a lot of negatives about them. ...

Any Good IC Companies Out There?
Dec 08, 2013

Can anyone recommend a good IC?  I'm concerned that my company is surreptitiously cutting my pay by manipulating the software.  I'm making several thousand less annually although I have clearly worked as many hours as previous years.   I know IC companies can do the same thing, but at least the cpl would be better.   ...

Are There Any Good Companies Out There?
Jan 05, 2014

For the past two years, I have worked for a terriffic company, caring, pay on time, etc.  Am I bragging?  No, the hospitals have been switching over to a Dragon based system and little by little the work is dwindling to the point there has been a 60% layoff.  MY problem, are there any GOOD companies out there?  I am so afraid as I am the sole support of my household to start with a company and not get paid, have no work.  I read this board constantly and hope I don& ...

Good Companies And Bad Ones..
May 21, 2015

I see posts on here from time to time complaining about employers.  Granted, some employers are worse than others and some are just plain bad.  However, I think we get so wrapped up in "ourselves" and what we want, that we forget to take a lot of things into consideration when we are up on our soapbox in a public, yet "anonymous" forum.  Let's just get it straight here - there are no "perfect" companies -- just like there are no "perfect" individuals - but there are some comp ...

There Are Good Companies To Work For!
Jan 19, 2011

There is sooo much negative here that I just felt the need to say that there are good companies to work for. I always have plenty of work, my supervisor is polite, caring, and understanding. I love my job! And before anyone asks, NO, I will not give out the name of the company, because I don't want them being overwhelmed with emails and phone calls. Yes, I did look for this position for over a year, and worked for one not so nice company and two wonderful companies that just were not a matc ...

Good Companies To Work For?
Nov 03, 2011

Do good companies exist?  Anyone know of any? ...

Any Good Companies Out There For PT Work?
Sep 15, 2012

I have been out of work for over a year (due to layoff in another line of work), but I am a trained MT with over 10 years experience.  The local practice I transcribed for went to VR and now I am trying to find something part-time.  It seems there are NO good companies ot work for.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I am very wary of almost every company! Thanks in advance for any help! ...

Any Good Companies Hiring Out There?
Mar 19, 2013

Are there any good MT companies out there any longer that actually pay something that we can live on?  I know all about the "if you want to earn more, work more" deal but honestly, the pay has depreciated so much you would have to work 12 hours a day to make what I used to make in 8.  Didn't go to school and get into this field of work 15 years ago to make less than a waitress.  Any good companies out there? ...

Any Good Companies Left Out There?
Apr 05, 2013

I've been in the MT business for 7 years now.  After being let go for low workload from my last company I was lucky enough to take the last 4 months off but now feeling the crunch and need to get back.  I've been with about 4 different companies in the past but now doing the research I just don't see any companies that people seem to LIKE to work for!  If anyone has a company that's legit and seems to be an okay place to work please let me know!!   Thank ...

Any Good Companies Left?
May 07, 2013

Are there ANY good companies out there? I only see negative about every single company that is hiring. Seriously, only negative.  Never a good word about any of them. Has it really come to this?  I work for Nuance so I know they are bad. I've worked for MedQuist, need I say it?  Both of these were not my choice but buyouts of fantastic companies.  So, let's hear it.... are there any good ones left? ...

Good Companies To Work For
Jun 13, 2013

I was curious if anyone had any recommendations for companies they had heard were great or had personal experience with that they would recommend? Beginning the job search as our company's contract is about to end and want to avoid learning the hard way if possible. Thanks ahead of time! ...

Good Transcription Companies?
Sep 05, 2013

Good Transcription Companies
Nov 08, 2013

Can anyone give me the name of good transcription companies you work for? ...

Is This Site Still Good For Companies?
Feb 24, 2015

Is this link with companies still good? Was wondering if it was old or not. ...

Good Companies To Work For.
Apr 07, 2015

Looking for work after being off for a year.  Seems most companies get negative reviews here, and I get it.  I haven't been off that long.  Could use some recommendations.  Seriously, are there any good companies left?     ...

Can We Share The 'good' MT Companies To Work With Please!?!
Mar 08, 2010

I've been following the company and job seekers board for quite some time now, and seriously having a hard time staying positive/focused on finding a decent MT job! It seems that there are plenty of negative horror stories here (and definitely worth sharing that info to save other MTs the trouble of wasting our time!!) but I'd like to know about some of your experiences with good companies. So I'm asking for some suggestions on your experiences (past or present) on MT companies t ...

Are There Any Good Companies To Work For Left?!!
Apr 10, 2012

Are there any decent companies left to work for?  I know its the trade these days, but I was making a lot more money 10 yrs ago when I started in this field than I am now.  So frustrating!!  My current company I run out of work ALL THE TIME, but dont know where else to even look that I'm not going go run into the same.  Any suggestions? ...

Any Good MT Companies That Offer Benefits
Jul 23, 2014

I would like to know if there are any good MT companies that have benefits.  Thank you in advance. ...

Discouraged...are There Legit Good Companies Out There
Jan 13, 2015

I'm certainly getting discouraged by reading more and more on this board.  I used to work for MModal when it was Medquist and they seem just as bad on here.  TTS has bad reviews.  Seriously other than working at an office, which simply isn't feasible for me, are there any reputable, legit companies out there?  I went to the job seeker's board, but it seems it's all FT, or Nuance/TTS/MModal.  Glad I kept my other job, but I had wanted a little extra i ...

Small Mouth Or Small Mouthed?
Jul 27, 2014

And is it hyphenated, or not? I find it both ways for both questions. Looking for input from the pros here, thank you. ...

Good Companies To Work For? Do They Exist Any Longer?
Dec 01, 2011

:) ...

Geez..are There ANY Good Transcription Companies Out There To Work For?
Oct 11, 2012

After reviewing all of the posts in here (which I am thankful for) I'm scared to work for any of them. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm down to bread and butter, here. Thank you! ...