A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any good IC companies out there? - Inquiry

Posted: Dec 08, 2013

Can anyone recommend a good IC?  I'm concerned that my company is surreptitiously cutting my pay by manipulating the software.  I'm making several thousand less annually although I have clearly worked as many hours as previous years.   I know IC companies can do the same thing, but at least the cpl would be better.  

Not necessarily a difference in cpl - as an IC

[ In Reply To ..]
You're mistaken if you think you'll make more money as an IC. You will have to pay ALL of your taxes, so figure on paying the IRS 33% out of each paycheck. You won't have paid holidays or vacations and you won't have health insurance or any retirement plans. Are you an employee now, with hourly pay and a benefits package? I'd stick with that as long as possible if I were you.

Paid holidays? - Inquiry

[ In Reply To ..]
You're right about all that. Yes, I am employed now with benefits, but feel I'm being cheated by my company. But...paid holidays, really? Does any company pay holidays? Please share. I'd also like to hear about any company felt to be upright, honest and ethical with their MTs. Would consider switching to one of those if they exist.

Similar Messages:

Good Companies Out There???
Jan 06, 2012

Are there truly any good companies out there??? I can't begin to tell you how many I have been through in the last couple of years. I finally thought I found a good home with JLG, been with them since August and for the most part been pretty content. Then, we got bought out and guess by who, MQ! Now I have been with MQ before, twice! And both times leaving because I was not happy with their CHANGES! And here I am once again grandfathered in due to the buy out. I was hired on part-time whic ...

Any Good Companies Out There?
Oct 13, 2012

I have been working for an excellent company for seven years. Unfortunately, they were put out of business by a bunch of poachers from one of the national MTSOs. We were well paid and treated like gold. Now I'm scrambling trying to get applications out, but nearly every company I have considered has turned out to have at least two horror stories about not getting paid, being underpaid, mistreated employees, etc. Is anybody out there having a good experience? Does anybody have first-hand kno ...

Any GOOD Companies?
Feb 06, 2013

I had a job I loved, at a hospital, until they shut us down and outsourced. Since then I have worked at 3 companies and can't find my niche, especially with low pay issues. Please let me know if you like where you work and can make at least minimum wage there.  ...

Good Companies
May 15, 2013

Can anyone recommend any GOOD transcription/editing companies or is anyone aware of any hospitals around the country currently hiring MTs/Editors direct, no "middleman." Thanks! ...

Are There Any Good Companies
Aug 24, 2013

I was wondering if there are any good companies to work for? I worked in the pathology department of a hospital for 8 years and now I am looking to work from home, but it seems like all the transcription companies I check into have a lot of negatives about them. ...

Are There Any Good Companies Out There?
Jan 05, 2014

For the past two years, I have worked for a terriffic company, caring, pay on time, etc.  Am I bragging?  No, the hospitals have been switching over to a Dragon based system and little by little the work is dwindling to the point there has been a 60% layoff.  MY problem, are there any GOOD companies out there?  I am so afraid as I am the sole support of my household to start with a company and not get paid, have no work.  I read this board constantly and hope I don& ...

Good Companies And Bad Ones..
May 21, 2015

I see posts on here from time to time complaining about employers.  Granted, some employers are worse than others and some are just plain bad.  However, I think we get so wrapped up in "ourselves" and what we want, that we forget to take a lot of things into consideration when we are up on our soapbox in a public, yet "anonymous" forum.  Let's just get it straight here - there are no "perfect" companies -- just like there are no "perfect" individuals - but there are some comp ...

There Are Good Companies To Work For!
Jan 19, 2011

There is sooo much negative here that I just felt the need to say that there are good companies to work for. I always have plenty of work, my supervisor is polite, caring, and understanding. I love my job! And before anyone asks, NO, I will not give out the name of the company, because I don't want them being overwhelmed with emails and phone calls. Yes, I did look for this position for over a year, and worked for one not so nice company and two wonderful companies that just were not a matc ...

Good Companies To Work For?
Nov 03, 2011

Do good companies exist?  Anyone know of any? ...

Any Good Companies Out There For PT Work?
Sep 15, 2012

I have been out of work for over a year (due to layoff in another line of work), but I am a trained MT with over 10 years experience.  The local practice I transcribed for went to VR and now I am trying to find something part-time.  It seems there are NO good companies ot work for.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I am very wary of almost every company! Thanks in advance for any help! ...

Any Good Companies Hiring Out There?
Mar 19, 2013

Are there any good MT companies out there any longer that actually pay something that we can live on?  I know all about the "if you want to earn more, work more" deal but honestly, the pay has depreciated so much you would have to work 12 hours a day to make what I used to make in 8.  Didn't go to school and get into this field of work 15 years ago to make less than a waitress.  Any good companies out there? ...

Any Good Companies Left Out There?
Apr 05, 2013

I've been in the MT business for 7 years now.  After being let go for low workload from my last company I was lucky enough to take the last 4 months off but now feeling the crunch and need to get back.  I've been with about 4 different companies in the past but now doing the research I just don't see any companies that people seem to LIKE to work for!  If anyone has a company that's legit and seems to be an okay place to work please let me know!!   Thank ...

Any Good Companies Left?
May 07, 2013

Are there ANY good companies out there? I only see negative about every single company that is hiring. Seriously, only negative.  Never a good word about any of them. Has it really come to this?  I work for Nuance so I know they are bad. I've worked for MedQuist, need I say it?  Both of these were not my choice but buyouts of fantastic companies.  So, let's hear it.... are there any good ones left? ...

Good Companies To Work For
Jun 13, 2013

I was curious if anyone had any recommendations for companies they had heard were great or had personal experience with that they would recommend? Beginning the job search as our company's contract is about to end and want to avoid learning the hard way if possible. Thanks ahead of time! ...

Good Transcription Companies?
Sep 05, 2013

Good Transcription Companies
Nov 08, 2013

Can anyone give me the name of good transcription companies you work for? ...

Is This Site Still Good For Companies?
Feb 24, 2015

Is this link with companies still good? Was wondering if it was old or not. ...

Good Companies To Work For.
Apr 07, 2015

Looking for work after being off for a year.  Seems most companies get negative reviews here, and I get it.  I haven't been off that long.  Could use some recommendations.  Seriously, are there any good companies left?     ...

Can We Share The 'good' MT Companies To Work With Please!?!
Mar 08, 2010

I've been following the company and job seekers board for quite some time now, and seriously having a hard time staying positive/focused on finding a decent MT job! It seems that there are plenty of negative horror stories here (and definitely worth sharing that info to save other MTs the trouble of wasting our time!!) but I'd like to know about some of your experiences with good companies. So I'm asking for some suggestions on your experiences (past or present) on MT companies t ...

About Those Good-to-work-for Small Companies --
Mar 08, 2012

Having most recently been at MDI, which sold to Transcend, and now is being bought by Nuance -- I am really bummed.  Those of you who say there ARE good companies out there, that one just has to look.  Please, tell me either on this forum or via e/m, what am I to look for?  How do I know when I find it?  I am near 60, with decades in this business in all capacities it seems, and need to know how to hone this process so as not to waste precious time and/or make mistakes.  ...

Are There Any Good Companies To Work For Left?!!
Apr 10, 2012

Are there any decent companies left to work for?  I know its the trade these days, but I was making a lot more money 10 yrs ago when I started in this field than I am now.  So frustrating!!  My current company I run out of work ALL THE TIME, but dont know where else to even look that I'm not going go run into the same.  Any suggestions? ...

Any Good MT Companies That Offer Benefits
Jul 23, 2014

I would like to know if there are any good MT companies that have benefits.  Thank you in advance. ...

Discouraged...are There Legit Good Companies Out There
Jan 13, 2015

I'm certainly getting discouraged by reading more and more on this board.  I used to work for MModal when it was Medquist and they seem just as bad on here.  TTS has bad reviews.  Seriously other than working at an office, which simply isn't feasible for me, are there any reputable, legit companies out there?  I went to the job seeker's board, but it seems it's all FT, or Nuance/TTS/MModal.  Glad I kept my other job, but I had wanted a little extra i ...

Good Companies To Work For? Do They Exist Any Longer?
Dec 01, 2011

:) ...

Geez..are There ANY Good Transcription Companies Out There To Work For?
Oct 11, 2012

After reviewing all of the posts in here (which I am thankful for) I'm scared to work for any of them. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm down to bread and butter, here. Thank you! ...

Needing Good Health Insurance...Companies???
Feb 28, 2014

Needing an employee position that offers the cheap family insurance...Any ideas???   Thanks! ...

Companies Utilizing EScription And Good To Work For With Okay Pay
Jun 12, 2014

Hey there MTs out there.  Are any of you with a good MT company (only want IC position) that use eScription VR and are being paid a decent wage as well as hiring.  Anything under 4 cpl is not good in my book.  Thanks so much for responding and giving me your time.   ...

Good Companies For Part-time IC Work?
Jul 19, 2014

Can you guys just make my life easier and tell me what companies are good to work for as a part-time IC?  I have been researching, but it is tedious and all I read are negative comments. ...

Are There Any Companies That Have Good Health Insurance And Fairly Cheap? Sm
Feb 03, 2011

I go to the doctor a lot and have a lot of prescriptions, so I need a company that has good health insurance, and hopefully doesn't charge a lot for it.  I used to work at OSi and was thinking about going back there, but another poster on here said their insurance is $1000 a month for family!!!  Thanks for your help!      ...

Recent Posts Regardng "good Companies, Straight Typing Etc.i
May 16, 2013

I personally, am getting really tired of the posts regarding "who is the best company to work for, who offers straight tying as ooposed t to VR etc.  I now worK for a company that is straight typing only and pays weekly. and pays a decent wage.   I have also talked to MTSOs   within the last 2 months, that REFUSE t0 d0 VR, and the hospitals have agreed not to do VR.  What  may be a "good fit" for one person, is not going to be a good fit for another.  I&nb ...