A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wondering if the ppl traveling to NE for a test will be stranded. - Nosy by nature from below (sm)

Posted: Jan 26, 2015

That would be awful!!  Hope they let us know.

Who's traveling to NE for a test? - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I read below that a few people FROM NE are traveling to Virginia to take the PF test, but if airports there close, I'm sure PF will allow them a day or two extra.

I hadn't thought of that! - PatientFirst training

[ In Reply To ..]
You're right, OP. There are several MTs flying to Virginia today and tomorrow for testing and/or training with Patient First. I hope everyone is safe.

If they flew...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
out of Boston or Providence this morning, they are probably okay as they will be flying away from the storm and Virginia is quite a bit away from Massachusetts. One said she was driving. If she left this morning, the storm will also be behind her. It is a noreaster, coming from the northeast. So if you are traveling south, it should not effect your travel.

I'm in northern NJ and it's really not - deb

[ In Reply To ..]
doing much yet, but is supposed to get cranking after midnight. We had about 2" today but the noreaster is just starting to approach the NY/NJ/CT area.

I think Cee said she was leaving on - Sunday

[ In Reply To ..]
so she should be okay. She is from Massachusetts and she said it was her first flight ever. It will definitely be one to remember, as the flight back will no doubt be canceled. I live in Ohio and every flight headed to the NE has already been canceled since this morning. It is a little warmer in VA, but it's too bad the test wasn't in Florida! I am concerned for the person from PA who is driving, I hope she just stays in VA. She said it was only a 5 hour drive, but the roads in PA and VA are mountainous and can be dangerous when the weather is good. Just the fallout from a Nor'easter could make them treacherous.

They were going to Virginia, not the NE - Just to clarify (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

The confusion was because...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
NE to some of us stands for New England, and I think you meant northeast. Actually Virginia is, I think, considered mid Atlantic or even southern, not northeast. I'm not sure where the line is exactly. Anyway, it got straightened out by follow-up posts.

Similar Messages:

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Certified MT Test/just Wondering
Mar 18, 2011

Just wondering if most/all MT's take the state certification test. I was told that it wasn't neccessary to take the test to get a job, but that it helps. ...

To Any Traveling MTs
Sep 08, 2011

I am considering this and would love to hear from others who have traveled and taken their job with them.  I have some ideas and would like to know what others have experienced.  Is it feasible?  There must be pitfalls.  Any great stories or cautionary tales? ...

Traveling MT
Apr 03, 2015

do they still have that company open that did the traveling MT.  I think it was called K-Force or something to that nature?  Just curious. ...

Transcribing While Traveling
Nov 18, 2010

Hi, I would like to travel occassionally with my husband and still work while doing that.  Does anyone work while traveling down the road.  No airline involved, just strictly vehicle travel.  If so, what setup do you use to stay connected to the internet? Thanks, LC ...

Traveling MTs Question
Mar 31, 2012

I've heard about MTs packing up their computers when they go on vacation, even someone who travels around with a motor home and brings the work right along.  Can anyone explain to me how you do this?  I mean, I assume you have to work off a laptop or maybe even just have a computer that's easy to haul around, but how do you hook up to an internet connection?  The motels I've gone to have the "free internet" but is that all it takes?  Can any of you enlighten me ...

Question About Working And Traveling?
Dec 23, 2009

Hello, everyone and Happy Holidays.  I have a question.  I am an MT here at MQ and have a company computer at home.  Thing is, I see a lot of traveling in my future.  Do any of you other fabulous MTs work both at home and on the road via laptop?  How does that work for you?  Were your supes open to it?  If this is not a good thing or is very problematic, I really don't know what I am going to do.  Thanks in advance for your help. ...

Those Who Work While Traveling Or On Vacation
Aug 08, 2010

I was wondering how it's done.  I have two days a year when I'm not available to work because of a family reunion.  Since most of the fun doesn't start until after 12 but we have to be there very early because of the committees we're on, I hate to waste that time doing nothing when I could be working. My company does not allow satellite. Is this the only way it can be done? If not, what are the required items besides a laptop? Thanks in advance ...

Traveling Transcription Companies
Jun 28, 2011

Are there any traveling transcription companies out there?  Just wondering........... I would like to travel to different facilities for 10-13 week assignments.............Thanks ...

Need Advice On Traveling And Working
Mar 19, 2013

Need advise on staying in a motel and working on an account that requires unlimited long distance and a C-phone. Also, is it safe to hook up to a motel internet system? I need all the advice I can get. ...

MModal Is Looking For A Traveling Coder
Jan 02, 2015

Don't flame me, please.  I was just browsing the MM website and they want a traveling coder.  It's 100% travel.  I haven't got my CCS yet, or I'd apply.  Getting paid to travel sounds like heaven to me. They also need a senior coder and an coding services auditor.  Just FYI. ...

Has Anyone Here Bought Wifi For Traveling, Did It
May 26, 2015

I have an iPad, some friends have tablets and we are going on vacation soon. I am trying to find perhaps something without a contract such as with Verizon or the like and something suitable for traveling. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks. ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

Knee Test, Sounds Like "Simon's First Test"
May 06, 2015

Doc is doing a knee exam for large meniscal tear and bone-on-bone medial compartment OA.  He says what sounds like "Simons first test" caused grade 4 posterolateral tenderness. Any ideas? Thanks, Andrea ...

Wondering About Pay
Dec 14, 2009

I work as an MT in a very rural area, so the pay is VERY good for me.  We are a one income household since my husband got laid off and I easily pay the mortgage, car payments, all of the bills, etc.  I was wondering, if a person lives in a much more expensive area, like California where a person's mortgage would easily be four times mine, do they get more money per line to compensate for that, or is it the same? ...

Just Wondering???
Feb 22, 2010

Does anyone miss just typing/transcribing a report the old fashioned way?  Expansions are nice, I must admit, but ASR is boring.   Just wondering..... ...

Wondering Again
May 07, 2010

Why do companies not want to use mac computers? I have tested many times using word 2003 on my computer but they get scared or dont know what to do if I tell them I use a mac computer. ...

Okay I Am Wondering What Is Going On? Sm
Jan 29, 2011

I have gone from NJA most of the time to now doing late work and have been having more work the last few days.  How is this possible?  Did MTs quit?  I just don't get it.  I am not complaining mind you but just wondering---how strange! ...

Just Wondering...has Anyone Ever Actually Gotten
Jun 01, 2011

gotten their pay docked 3 cents a line for critical errors, over 5% QA submission, etc.  I haven't heard anyone actually say that happened to them.  Is it just a threat ?  I know they would LIKE to dock our pay.    The reason I ask is that I've been having a bad past few weeks.....extra difficult/bad sound quality reports plus stress along with that has caused me to have to sent more than 5% to QA plus I make two what they call critical errors (I saw them as ...

Just Wondering ...
Jul 09, 2011

Hope I've got this on the right board.  I'm to the point where I need to get a new chair.  My back hurts, my butt hurts, and ... well ... you get the idea.  just wondering if anyone can recommend a good, reasonably priced chair. ...

I Was Just Wondering...
Oct 13, 2011

how hard it would be to switch from doing medical transcription to legal transcription?  That might be a good way to transition out of MT for someone who wants to try something else and still work at home.  I know nothing about it and thought maybe some of you do??     ...

Just Wondering...
Jan 16, 2012

Just wondering...when is "any where" used vs "anywhere"?  Sentence is "fluid draining any where between...."  Which is correct? ...

I Was Wondering About Something.
Jan 25, 2012

As an in-house MT we were required to wear business casual clothing.  Another job required scrubs.  Now that I work from home, I wear pJs, sweats, jeans, shorts, whatever.   I noticed that when I am "dressed" (not in pj's or sweats) that I seem to be more productive and I was wondering if others have noticed the same thing.  Sometimes I wonder if the way we dress to transcribe affects our productivity as a professional employee.  You know when you dress up to go ou ...

Just Wondering---
Jan 28, 2012

Who are they going to blame once they switch over to the EMR and there are a million mistakes on the chart?  They won't have the MTs to blame any more, so I wonder, who will it be???  Maybe the "scribe" or the med student who has to follow the docs around because they will be too lazy to type a few things into the computer?  Just wondering----. ...

Just Wondering If Anyone Here Has A
May 04, 2012

from PAHCS? Just curious....Havent come across any mention of them on here. ...

I Am Just Wondering...
Dec 25, 2012

get any kind of card, greeting, token or whatever from their MTSO?  This is the first time in over 20 years of MT that I received nothing, not even a happy holidays pat on the back email from a supervisor.  Now don't get me wrong; I'm not a person who gets all sentimental over the holidays, but really, to work for one of the biggest companies in the world and not even get an e-card?  Maybe I am just being a silly old fool,  but this seems very omnious to me, like tr ...

Saw This Ad And Am Wondering...
Feb 21, 2013

It's 11:30 p.m., and I'm looking at this website and have not thoroughly read this forum, so please don't get angry at me.  I'm 59 this year and can hardly believe the course below would only take a month to complete.  I fully realize, of course, that in no way, shape or form would this make me a coder but might hopefully get me into a doctor's office (?), which I'm having no luck whatsoever despite sending resumes, since I've had no recent ...

Wondering About Something, With So Many Of Us
May 28, 2013

I wonder that most of us seem to be in the mid-40s and even later 50s or 60s that are sick of the MT garbage and want to get out by going back to school. Has anyone considered the fact of how old you/we will be when we graduate a program? Even a 1-year program likely will take 2 years to go through if somone has to work full-time to support themselves, even with loans to pay for school. What about the age discrimination I hear so much of and definitely see it in the real world? Does ...

Just Wondering How Many MTs....
Jul 12, 2013

...can hardly stand to listen to another syllable of these dictators (I think they're supposed to be professionals?) who can hardly put two words together? I had a resident dictate over 30 minutes of absolute garbage today and this was actually an extremely sick patient. This is why I go to the doctor visits with my family members these days. Family members absolutely have to stay on top of things because we could encounter one of these residents/fellows who, in all honesty, may have the be ...