A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

To any traveling MTs - Curious

Posted: Sep 08, 2011

I am considering this and would love to hear from others who have traveled and taken their job with them.  I have some ideas and would like to know what others have experienced.  Is it feasible?  There must be pitfalls.  Any great stories or cautionary tales?

traveling MT - nana6

[ In Reply To ..]
I work on a lap top that is wireless ready. I take my computer, foot pedal and headset along with me. Last December I went to visit my son in Florida for 2 weeks and I worked while he worked. My wireless searched and found his wireless and I sat at his desk working and I could have connected to his internet if I needed to. It worked out great and will be doing it again very soon.

Traveling MT - Travel

[ In Reply To ..]
I have traveled and worked too. It is almost the best of both worlds. The only major pitfall is staying focused while everyone is having fun. I set myself up to work 4 hours a day when away and get up early and work before play. I am an IC so it really works well for me! :)

Traveling MT - Mollie

[ In Reply To ..]
I am interested in working while traveling also but I have to "dial in" to my hospital's dictation line. What could I use to get free or unlimited long distance phone coverage? (I checked into Magic Jack but fine print says they can drop you if you are on the line too long.)

Mollie - another MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I sent you an email, because I wasn't sure if I could post the site info here. There's no message in the body, just the subject, so you don't have to open the email!
Good luck, and fyi, the site has really helped me with a lot of stuff.

Similar Messages:

Traveling MT
Apr 03, 2015

do they still have that company open that did the traveling MT.  I think it was called K-Force or something to that nature?  Just curious. ...

Transcribing While Traveling
Nov 18, 2010

Hi, I would like to travel occassionally with my husband and still work while doing that.  Does anyone work while traveling down the road.  No airline involved, just strictly vehicle travel.  If so, what setup do you use to stay connected to the internet? Thanks, LC ...

Traveling MTs Question
Mar 31, 2012

I've heard about MTs packing up their computers when they go on vacation, even someone who travels around with a motor home and brings the work right along.  Can anyone explain to me how you do this?  I mean, I assume you have to work off a laptop or maybe even just have a computer that's easy to haul around, but how do you hook up to an internet connection?  The motels I've gone to have the "free internet" but is that all it takes?  Can any of you enlighten me ...

Question About Working And Traveling?
Dec 23, 2009

Hello, everyone and Happy Holidays.  I have a question.  I am an MT here at MQ and have a company computer at home.  Thing is, I see a lot of traveling in my future.  Do any of you other fabulous MTs work both at home and on the road via laptop?  How does that work for you?  Were your supes open to it?  If this is not a good thing or is very problematic, I really don't know what I am going to do.  Thanks in advance for your help. ...

Those Who Work While Traveling Or On Vacation
Aug 08, 2010

I was wondering how it's done.  I have two days a year when I'm not available to work because of a family reunion.  Since most of the fun doesn't start until after 12 but we have to be there very early because of the committees we're on, I hate to waste that time doing nothing when I could be working. My company does not allow satellite. Is this the only way it can be done? If not, what are the required items besides a laptop? Thanks in advance ...

Traveling Transcription Companies
Jun 28, 2011

Are there any traveling transcription companies out there?  Just wondering........... I would like to travel to different facilities for 10-13 week assignments.............Thanks ...

Need Advice On Traveling And Working
Mar 19, 2013

Need advise on staying in a motel and working on an account that requires unlimited long distance and a C-phone. Also, is it safe to hook up to a motel internet system? I need all the advice I can get. ...

MModal Is Looking For A Traveling Coder
Jan 02, 2015

Don't flame me, please.  I was just browsing the MM website and they want a traveling coder.  It's 100% travel.  I haven't got my CCS yet, or I'd apply.  Getting paid to travel sounds like heaven to me. They also need a senior coder and an coding services auditor.  Just FYI. ...

Has Anyone Here Bought Wifi For Traveling, Did It
May 26, 2015

I have an iPad, some friends have tablets and we are going on vacation soon. I am trying to find perhaps something without a contract such as with Verizon or the like and something suitable for traveling. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks. ...

Wondering If The Ppl Traveling To NE For A Test Will Be Stranded.
Jan 26, 2015

That would be awful!!  Hope they let us know. ...