A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does ATSI offshore to India? sm - windy

Posted: May 27, 2010

I have an interview with them.  I did some archiving to see if there's any info on this board about them.  Wondered if they offshored to India.  Their website doesn't say anything about it.  Their ad says US MTs only.

Thanks!

ASTI offshore - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep and last I knew Indian supervisors -- this was about 2 years ago, so please anyone correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

Similar Messages:

When These Nationals Offshore To India Or Whereever...sm
Feb 05, 2010

what do they pay the foreign "transcriptionists"? I've been paid 8 cents a line for the past 10 years with never a raise. As my work load has very greatly diminished, I can only assume that the work is going offshore or to new hires at a lesser per line rate. So do the nationals still bill their clients X amount per line and pay offshore or new hires the lesser rate? I am also curious, if anyone wants to share, what the new hire rate per line currently is. It is really sad this is what our ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

We Should Make India Do All The Transcription - See How That Works For Ya,India.
Nov 06, 2010

Everybody leave Medquist....go get other work -- working at McDonald's pays more and has better benefits - at least you get to eat. And see how well India does all the transcription -- they can't do it -- we do the hard work and they get the cream.  We are sitting her dying with their bad machines and bad dictators. Let them have it -- they will corode. ...

ATSI Changes
May 03, 2010

What is up here? My account manager sent out an update via e-mail at 8:30 a.m. then a little while later there is an e-mail forwarded from the president of the company that she is no longer with ATSI and another person is now the manager over ALL the accounts. After switching to speech recognition about a month ago their biggest account has been out of TAT almost daily and is in jeopardy of being lost to another service. I'm glad I gave my notice. ...

ATSI And TTS (NH)
Apr 19, 2011

I have offers from both TTS and ATSI.  One is IC for 90 days then option for employee, the other is employee from first day.  Pay and work and hours are all the same.  I can't find much recent on ATSI, and see some comments about TTS overhiring and work being scarce.   Any input?  I am trying to decide by Friday.  Thanks! ...

Why I Would NOT Recommend ATSI
Feb 19, 2010

Hello all! I am new to this forum and would just like to share my thoughts with you as I have read through some of your postings about different MT companies out there, like "Should I work here?" So, as nicely as I can say it, in a matter of my opinion:  My Top Ten Reasons why I would NOT recommend ATSI: 1. The pay. Straight CPL no matter if it's days, nights, weekends, holidays. 2. No raises, incentives, or bonuses. 3. NOT employee status...EVER...even after 90 days, you will ...

ATSI Experience?
Apr 15, 2010

I've searched through the archives and can't find much info posted about this company. Does anyone have any experiences, either positive or negative, to share?  Do they provide equipment?  What platform do they use for radiology?  I've already tested with them and they want to set up an interview, so I'm trying to make sure I cover all my bases before I leave a company I've been with for nearly 10 years. TIA! ...

Stay Away From ATSI
Jun 10, 2010

They can't even figure out when someone has left their employ. I get an email saying why aren't you working this is an ongoing problem with you we are going to disable your ID Well go ahead because I gave my 2 weeks notice 6 weeks ago!! ...

Any Scoop On ATSI???
Jul 11, 2010

Hey all, Has anyone worked for ATSI out of Clearwater, Florida?  Just wonder how they found the company to work with.  I'd love to hear some feed back.  Thanks! Crazy Mom of 6 ...

How ATSI Is To Work For?
May 22, 2011

Is there anyone who is working here now that can tell me how ATSI is to work for? I have an interview tomorrow and would like to know the good and bad ahead of time since the recruiters are not always truthful no matter how nice they are lol. Would appreciate anything you can tell me. Thanks ...

DO NOT WORK FOR ATSI
Jul 09, 2011

DO NOT WORK FOR ATSI.....CURRENTLY WORKED FOR THEM OVER A MONTH AND RECEIVED NO PAY CHECK- COMPANY SAYS JUST ERROR BUT STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED A DIME.....THEN MY ACCOUNT WAS PULLED AND OFFERED ME A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT OR LEAVE THE COMPANY.............HELLLLLLO.....STILL HAVE NOT BEEN PAID AND AS FAR AS I KNOW NO ONE HAS IN WEEKS.    THIS THREAD IS LOCKED:  SEE MESSAGE FROM MODERATOR CONCERNING WAGE DISPUTES! ...

ATSI - DO NOT WORK FOR THEM
Aug 25, 2011

ATSI is a bad company to work for.  When hiring on they tell you 0.08 cpl then after about 2 weeks they switch you to a company called Oracle that you sign a contract with stating 0.075 cpl.  When I got my second paycheck I noticed money was missing.  When questioned about it they said that they pay per report 1.50 at the most.  NO ONE EVER mentioned this to me at all.  When I started throwing a fit about it as I signed a contract for 0.075 cpl they came up with some lam ...

Give Me Some Feedback On ATSI
May 20, 2010

Can anybody give me some feedback on ATSI-- good or bad.  Thanks. ...

Any Recent Info On ATSI?
Jun 22, 2011

Any recent info on ATSI?  Is there plenty of work available?  Pay scale?  ...

ATSI Nonpayment Of Wages
Aug 13, 2011

This is just a warning message to hopefully prevent other MTs from going through my experience.  ATSI still owes me three paychecks, which were repeatedly promised to be paid day after day, week after week, then we were informed they legally had to pay by August the 8th.  Most of us have still not been paid.  I just learned that David Shepherd and his wife, Terry, also control M T World.  I am now employed elsewhere, but it will take months to undo the damage this company did ...

ATSI MT World Program. I Just Have To Vent Because
Mar 15, 2010

I would really like to know who comes up with these stupid programs that are supposed to benefit the transcriptionist.  This MT World program (you work in word) is just stupid in my opinion.  You have a box that comes up, then you have to check the schedule and select the date of visit, then you have to push a button to okay all this stuff, then you get into your report and you still yet have to hit another key to update the page so that it brings the demongraphics onto the page, then ...

ATSI - Transition From IC To Employee Confusion
May 06, 2010

A recruiter recently emailed me and stated in her email "After the minimumlines per day is satisfied for 3 consecutive periods as well as the 90 days you will be offered employee status and benefits".  What does that mean?  What does a consecutive period consist of - pay periods?  Annual quarters?  (and please don't tell me to "ask the recruiter" - I have to go through extensive testing before she'll communicate with me again and I want to know if its worth it). I ...

Does Anyone Have Any Current Experience With ATSI? Archives
Nov 25, 2010

TIA! ...

Any Current Info On ATSI - Good, Bad Or Ugly?
Nov 13, 2009

Would be appreciated.  Thanks.   I've searched the archinves and nothing much available. ...

ATSI Listed On New NonPayment MTSO List -- SM
Aug 11, 2011

Unfortunately, after working with ATSI's CEO (David Shepherd), this MTSO still has not paid outstanding wages and/or contract debts to MTs and other MT-related staff. Please note the new MTSO NonPayment List posted at the top of the Company board.  Posts discussing wage disputes with any MTSO that is currently on this list will not be removed.  If/when the wage debt(s) are satisified, the wage dispute guidelines for MTStars will be reinforced. If you have any questions about p ...

ATSI Listed On New MTSO NonPayment List -- SM
Aug 11, 2011

Unfortunately, after working with ATSI's CEO (David Shepherd), this MTSO still has not paid outstanding wages and/or contract debts to MTs and other MT-related staff. Please note the new MTSO NonPayment List posted at the top of the Company board.  Posts discussing wage disputes with any MTSO that is currently on this list will not be removed.  If/when the wage debt(s) are satisified, the wage dispute guidelines for MTStars will be reinforced. If you have any questions about p ...

Looking For Current Information On ATSI (American Transcription Solutions) .. SM
Dec 27, 2010

After searching the archives all of the information there is old and I would really appreciate some up-to-date information.   TIA ...

Offshore #???
Mar 31, 2011

I have a doc on the line dictating today and giving me an offshore # on an op report. Has anyone ever heard of this?  Are we supposed to include this in the report? ...

FYI...QA Is NOT Offshore
May 16, 2012

Someone is spreading LIES. QC and QA are both done onshore. I know because I work in QA. We audit both offshore and onshore MTs, not the other way around and our managers are onshore too. When Nuance bought Focus, they changed all that. This info is not a secret. Just ask HR. It seems the TLs need to be educated on this as well. ...

Offshore??
Jun 19, 2013

Does anyone know for sure that Nuance sends work offshore??  It makes a difference in some states where employees get laid off when places like Nuance comes in and "buys" their department.  Workers can be eligible for federal help if the work is sent offshore. ...

Offshore After Already Being QA'd There
May 15, 2014

my funny find today... the patient ate brief turkey s/b the patient ate beef jerky really, not funny anymore...sigh ...

Offshore Any Positives For US Mt's?
Oct 17, 2009

I've never posted and this is only the second visit.  I'm someone who was seriously considering MTec but has switched to planning for Andrews School.  I broke my arm - it is closer to healing though, and I am back on track to enroll.  I laid to rest thoughts of worry I had about Speech Recognition and now need to do the same with offshoring.  Are there any trends which point in a positive direction for us mt's - any reason for them to think they would be p ...

DoesTranstech Have Offshore MTs And That Is
Oct 25, 2009

/// ...

Offshore - Revisited
Oct 28, 2009

Following is an older article but I feel it is worth circulating now. Most people have no idea who has access to their medical records. Though this article was written 6 years ago, it is an even more common practice today in 2009 for hospitals, clinics and other health care facilities to outsource their dictation/patient records to other countries  - thereby not only making it impossible for transcriptionists in the United States to continue to make a living working in the US as a transcri ...

OFFSHORE QUESTION
Dec 13, 2009

I work for a company that swears that they do not offshore, and never will.  I actually trusted them on this.  I guess I'm a true fool. Anyway, I just found out that the account that I work on is shared by more than just the one MTSO, and at least one of those DOES offshore to India.  Therefore, it doesn't really matter what my MTSO is doing, I am working on an account that is shared with India.  How did I discover this?  Because I work on EditScript, and the ...