A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Webmedx work disappearing - Webber

Posted: Oct 21, 2010

Ok, so maybe we should have a separate board to discuss what in the world is going on at Webmedx lately!

I have noticed some strange things this morning.  There was a bunch of work on one of my accounts (300 minutes or so) very early this morning.  When I started doing the work, I noticed that it was from 3 days ago.  I am wondering why we are sitting for days on end with no work and then getting work that is 3 days old? There was still at least 100 minutes of dictation on this account, but as of 7 a.m., WHOOSH it magically disappeared and I am left sitting here with NSA.  Where did that work disappear to, WMX? Why don't you finally tell us what is going on????

Wmx - sickandtired

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, pretty cowardly of them, ain't it? Ummmm, they would have not have their 6 figure salaries if they weren't making money off our backs, but do you think they can extend us the common courtesy of telling us what the hell is going on? I am a firm believer in "What goes around, comes around," so one day they will get theirs. Can you imagine them trying to feed their family on what we are paid?

What WE get paid probably would not even cover their - Annual lawn maintenance contracts!

[ In Reply To ..]
They live a very, very comfy life. Our earnings are probably less than the allowance they pay their kids! :-(

Did you call your STM and ask? Maybe MTs are actually typing/editing... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
...those 300 minutes.

Lack of communication... - is the biggest problem here

[ In Reply To ..]
I, along with many others at WMX, have sent several questions to my STM that have been left unanswered. They either don't know or aren't telling what they do know. I know WMX upper management reads this board. Hopefully they will break their silence and clue us in on what is indeed happening here.

work disappearing - webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
Ummm, even if there are a LOT of people on editing that accounted for the 100 minutes disappearing, it still does not account for the fact that suddenly 300 minutes showed up that was OLD work. Why did it suddenly turn up? Where was it before?

Is this an account that we do overflow for? In that case, the hospital could suddenly have released a lot of old work to our pool. If not, then something stinks!

ALL the WX accounts are overflow, every last one.. - Always have been. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
:(
Absolutely not true. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Absolutely, positively true. ALL accts have hosp MTs on them too. - Always have been so.
[ In Reply To ..]
Not 1 single WX account is transcribed solely by WX MTs.
You are WRONG. I work on one that is all done by us. nm - Lolly
[ In Reply To ..]
And I know of at least 3 more in my STMs group of accounts too.
Not true - I work on an acct that is 100% Webx and has been sm - Lolly
[ In Reply To ..]
since it was outsourced to the company's predecessor in 1997. There are other accounts that all belong to Webmedx too, not all is overflow.
Again, all accts also have hosp MTs on them. - That makes them overflow.
[ In Reply To ..]
Hospital MTs come first when it comes to work, understandably.
You are WRONG about every acct having hospital MTs. sm - Lolly
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked in-house on this same account that is my primary now. I live 6 blocks away and have friends on staff. My HUSBAND WORKS THERE. I KNOW THERE ARE NO IN-HOUSE MTS on it. Give it a rest.
Your account must be the 1 exception, then. - ...maybe
[ In Reply To ..]
Then make it all accounts but ONE have hospital MTs on them.
Not true at ALL! Many hospitals/clinics have gone to Webmedx - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
...precisely so that they do not have to have transcription employees of their own.

Many, many hospitals completely turn over their transcription to MTSOs. They then no longer have to worry about maintainig an in house transcription department and the training, managing, staffing, scheduling, benefits, payroll, overtime etc. that goes along with it.

That is why so many in house jobs have disappeared over the past decade. It's the path the industry has been following for quite some time now.
Well WMX must be outsourcing the work then. - There has to be some logical explanation.
[ In Reply To ..]
Give the conspiracy theories a rest. - no message
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
They do. - Webber
[ In Reply To ..]
I know that at least on some accounts there are subcontractors for other companies taking work. I have seen it referred to in the account specifics as there are different procedures for what they send to QA, etc.
Am I the only one that this drives crazy? sm - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Outsourcing work is when a company sends work to someone working at home. Offshoring is when they send the work overseas. I really get sick of hearing outsource when they mean offshore!! UGH!
The point was... - Webber
[ In Reply To ..]
that they are sending work to other companies/independent contractors rather than their own employees, which I think is despicable in our current situation with constantly running out of work. I know the difference between outsource and offshore and did not say that they were offshoring work, but they do outsource to people other than their own employees.

work disappearing - webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought I was being paranoid...I work 2nd shift and didn't notice this exact scenario, BUT there would be 200-300 minutes on some accounts, 10 or 11 p.m., then at midnight as I am signing off, there is maybe 30 minutes. I KNOW they don't have THAT many people working between 11 and midnight and have been scratching my head with the exact same questions.

Don't work for WMX - no1joe

[ In Reply To ..]
But the same thing would happen with my former (horrible) company. I'd be sitting there with NJA for countless hours/days until I got up the nerve to call up and complain, and then magically work would appear that was sooooo out of TAT it wasn't funny. In my experience, this was due to the following: 1. The "chosen ones" who the work was being held for were either out sick, on vacation, or just didn't get around to doing all the work that was being held for them. This especially goes for the really cream of the crop work (great dictators, lots of macros, etc.) any work that could generate the most lines with the least amount of effort. 2. A straight typing account is being changed over to VR, and something has gone horribly wrong. This once caused me to sit for over a week with NJA around Christmas time. When I finally called, I got work sent to me that was over a week out of TAT. WTH? 3. Outsourcing/offshoring that has gone horribly wrong. 4. Another wonderful system update/upgrade/change over. My company would like to upgrade in batches of MTs, so those who were left toward the end of the list got to sit around and go broke.

Like I said, this is just my experience, and I've never worked for WMX. Regardless, it's unacceptable, and your company shouldn't be treating you that way. Hopefully things will get better for you. If not, keep your eyes open for a different company or try to figure out how to become one of the "chosen ones." If you do, PLEASE let me know... I've tried everything. Good luck.

Does MDI-MD sound familiar? - See posts below (SM)

[ In Reply To ..]
This is PRECISELY the scenario I outline in a post below regarding what went down at MDI-MD right before the buyout by Transcend was announced. Even down to the 250+ minutes of dictation that was 3 days old appearing out of nowhere in the middle of the night. No way is a company going to let work sit for 3 days and fall out of TAT. That work was SOMEWHERE...turns out the MDI-MD work had been at Transcend but fell out of TAT and was brought back for us to catch it up.

Please read the posts by myself and a couple of other MTs about the MDI-MD/Transcend buyout. I think you'll be amazed at the similarities.

Hang in there, and good luck to you!

This is 100% eerily familiar. - Former MDIer.

[ In Reply To ..]
And I was one of the fools who stuck around for almost a year after it was announced before I quit. I listened to some who said nothing would change. Silly goose that I am.

No, you were not a silly goose (SM) - ExMDIer 2

[ In Reply To ..]
You weren't being silly at all. You were just trying to make the best of a bad situation, and you can honestly say you gave it your best shot. I bailed before the merger only because at that point I was so disillusioned and digusted with MDI-MD and the way they misled all of us that I felt I could no longer in all good conscience work for them. I had no respect left for them at all, and I knew my attitude would show just that.

You weren't being a silly goose. You were just trying to go into it with a positive attitude and do your best to make it work.

As another former MDIer, is it just me, or do you too find all of these warning signs from WMX to be almost a replicate of what we at MDI were put through? My fingers are crossed for all the WMX MTs that I'm off-base, but this entire scenario is sounding frighteningly similar to precisely what happened at MDI.
Yes, I would experience the same thing. - No work for days (sm)
[ In Reply To ..]
No or very slow work for days, then all of a sudden there would be work that was several days old (and yet was not out of TAT). Then all of a sudden it was gone again.

When I questioned, I was told that there were new people being hired and were training on old reports. This made no sense to me since that was not how I was trained, and it didn't make sense that they would pay people to work on reports that had already been completed. But at the time I thought that maybe that would leave extra work for us in the long run once the trainees went to the accounts that were coming on board in September (of last year). What a load of doodie we were given all the way around.

I can't say what's happening at WMX since I don't work there, but what I can say from experience is that when odd things start happening and you get odd answers from management or no answers at all, it's a valid cause for worry. When business is operating proficiently and all is well with accounts, you don't get these types of answers or no answers. It's only when there is something to hide that they begin acting like this.
ExMDIer2 - Desert Grandma
[ In Reply To ..]
What the Webbies are going through right now mirrors exactly my experience with MDI-MD. I really do hope I am in wrong in predicting a buyout and/or merger, but it is the SAME SONG.

Similar Messages:

Disappearing Text
Jun 03, 2010

I don't know what combination of keys I hit but all of a sudden the text in front of where I am editing disappears.  What combination of keys will stop this.  I thought it was control + insert but that did not help. Any help appreciated. Thanks ...

DISAPPEARING POSTS
Jun 17, 2010

Does anyone know why posts just disappear?  Posted something around midnight, and get up this morning and it's gone.  I was asking about relationship between *******, if any, who owns them.  Does this moderator get paid? Other posts about discrepency between pay of MTs and pay of management who have never transcribed have disappeared, top heavy company comments disappeared... What's up?   ...

Disappearing Expansions
Apr 28, 2011

Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing disappearing expansions? It seems that almost everyday I run across something that I could have sworn had an expansion, but it's no longer there. Is it my imagination?? ...

Disappearing Work
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what happened with my message, but I posted it late last night and it was the first one at the top and it has now disappeared.  All I did was ask if anyone experienced work disappearing from their queue all of a sudden.  If any of you have experience this please send me a note.  This work usually is non-VR..it is very upsetting.  Thanks!  If the note was taken off for a certain reason, please let me know.  No names were mentioned, and nothing derog ...

Jobs Disappearing From Queue
Oct 28, 2011

I know this has been mentioned before, but here goes..have any of you ever had jobs disappear from your queue that you had just gotten, especially one that had a decent line count and was non-VR?  This happened to me yesterday.  I had just started a job and all of a sudden poof it was gone!!  I then sent a message to my supervisor, who said she didn't take it, and said maybe it timed out?  I know it did not time out because I had just gotten it.  This is not the fir ...

Audio Progress Bar Keeps Disappearing...
May 21, 2012

Every report, I'm having to manually click Audio, Show Audio Progress, to get my audio toolbar with the speed & audio position to show up, then next report it's gone again.  Its there a way to make this dock in place?  Today is the first day I've had this problem! ...

Seeing A Trend? Work Disappearing?
Aug 29, 2013

Anyone else notice a trend that you get assigned to a "new" account (new to you and to Nuance) and work slowly builds up to a good amount, then starts to get out of control and behind, then starts to dwindle, then eventually it's such a trickle that you're constantly out of work?  This has now happened to me 3 times, and I'm beginning to wonder what's going on.  I know that staffing increases, when things get behind secondaries get pulled onto an account, and that a ...

Line Count Disappearing?
Aug 07, 2014

Been an MT for almost 15 years now, mostly from home. Am starting to see that I can't get the same line counts and am wondering if anyone else sees it. My friend left the same company, started working IC doing straight typing only and she said the same thing because getting the line counts we used to get isn't happening. Used to do 2000+ for a good 8 hours and now still typing as fast as before but struggle to get 1500. Is it the software? Am having no problems understanding dicta ...

Working In DocQscribe, Text Is Disappearing As I Type. Sm
Apr 12, 2010

As I type each letter, the next one disappears. I don't know why it started doing this, and can't seem to find any way to make it stop. ...

Why Does The Post On The Job Seeker's Board For Advanced Transcription Keep Disappearing?
Jan 09, 2011

It has been there twice this evening and both times it has disappeared.  Does anyone have any recent information about this company?  It is the one out of New Jersey.   TIA ...

Anyone Noticed Emails "disappearing"?
Jan 23, 2013

Are any of you missing emails from managers regarding OOW, work status, etc? ...

Hmm Will We @ Webmedx Get Nothing After-sm
Dec 19, 2009

being slapped in the face the whole year?  Looks like it to me.  Oh well, it beats the print-your-own cookbook. What a mess this company has turned out to be.  Even Transcend still manages to be thoughtful during the holidays. ...

Where To After Webmedx?
Dec 23, 2009

Those of you who left Wedmedx after finding out our pay will be cut again due to the great production potential coming with the switch to M-Modal (oh, my goodness--how many of us do they think fell off the turnip truck?), where'd you go?  Is it any better? ...

Webmedx Cpl For ASR
Apr 07, 2010

Hoping someone can help me with a few questions.  Considering making a change to Webmedx and was wondering about the cpl for ASR.  I also hear that they have lots of overtime and was hoping someone can validate this information.  Any input is appreciated. ...

Webmedx Needs To Pay
Apr 24, 2010

The unremarkable Wedmedx needs to pay for the downtime MTs are incurring because they want to switch everything over to their horrendous ISR.  The unremarkable Webmedx requires 1 to 4 hours to get new computers up and running and yet we production people are supposed to make up that time or use our PTO time or just not get paid.  The unremarkable Webmedx just hired new people and gave them bonuses to sign on but can't pay their longtime loyal employees for time lost due to no ...

Webmedx MTs
Sep 03, 2010

I just want you to know what a phenomenal job I think you all did on those atrocious accounts.  I QA'ed your work and was amazed at what you could decipher out of those dictations.  You are all amazing MTs in my eyes and any company out there would be lucky to have you working for them. I am so sorry we are all going through this but everything happens for a reason, so they say.  Let's just hope we all have brighter days ahead of us and better things. I was blessed to wo ...

Webmedx Pay Better Than Most
Oct 16, 2010

I know a lot of MTs and I keep getting calls to get on MTStars and read the latest bashing of Webmedx.  So when I finished work today I decided to do just that.  To hear all of your complaints I wonder if this is the same company I've been working for all these years. I've been editing since ISR started with them and it took me about a year to make up and at times exceed where I was.  Now I prefer ISR.  The long and the short of it is that as long as Webmedx keeps ...

Webmedx RIF
Nov 03, 2010

RIF still in effect for some.  Gone after seven years with this company right after they posted they will be hiring 100+ MTs for new account business.  So sad what this once good company has become. ...

WebMedX And M-TEC
Nov 11, 2010

Is anyone currently working for WebMedX an M-TEC graduate? I'm currently a Premier I student at M-TEC. Since WebMedX is a sister company to M-TEC, I here they are willing to hire new M-TEC granduates who lack the usual 2 years of experience. If you are an M-TEC graduate currently employed by WebMedX, what was your M-TEC graduating GPA? What is a good enough GPA to get hired by WebMedX? I will be graduating in April 2012 and would like to start making some employment plans. ANY INF ...

WebmedX AGAIN
Nov 18, 2010

I know, ad nauseum, but is there ANYBODY here who DOES have work?  When you DO have work, does it seem like it has suddenly become harder to get lines?  ...

Webmedx - New AMs
Apr 03, 2011

Do you all hear from your AM over the weekend?  ...

Webmedx Pay Changes
Apr 28, 2011

Well, fresh new announcement of production pay changes, headed up by the new MT manager.  Why am I not surprised?  Details are forthcoming.  Sorry for my fellow employees. ...

Webmedx Job
Nov 24, 2011

Hi, I was just offered a position at Webmedx and wanted to get some feedback to see if current MTs were happy there and why or why not? I need some quick responses if possible because I was planning on quitting my other job on Monday.  Thanks ...

Please! If Anyone Has Gotten Their WebMedx W2---
Feb 15, 2012

Hi! I worked for this company this summer and am absolutely being given the runaround when it comes to getting my W2. I've been given 3 numbers to call so far and I'm at a loss. Would anyone who has already received theirs please mind sending me an e-mail? I have a question- Thank you so much!! Arizona ...

Any Comments On WebMedx?
Oct 22, 2009

I am looking to make a change from MedQuist.  Does anyone know how WebMedx compares? ...

Encompass And WebMedX
Oct 30, 2009

I am looking at joining either the Encompass Medical Transcription team or the WebMedX team.  Can anyone give me an opinion on either company?  Specifically, what are the like to work for?  I need details.  Thanks so much,  LPMT ...

Comparison Of ASR With Webmedx And MQ.
Nov 15, 2009

Anyone else working for/or have worked for both who has noticed a difference in the quality of the ASR on one as compared to the other.  I may be crazy, but I think I make far fewer corrections to the ASR on MQ work.  Maybe just lucky, but I tend to be a mouse user  (I know - shame on me, but I am getting better) and I find my right hand lets me know when I have been using the mouse more. ...

Looking For Info On Webmedx
Nov 30, 2009

Looking for work environment information on Webmedx, along with workload, equipment, pay, etc...anything would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Webmedx Platform
Jan 06, 2010

Can anybody tell me what platform Webmedx uses? Thanks. ...

Webmedx CMT Class. Sm
Jan 09, 2010

Has any Webbies out there ever taken this class?  If so, would it be worth it?  Just curious before I sign up for it.  TIA. ...