A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Disappearing text - luv2quilt

Posted: Jun 03, 2010

I don't know what combination of keys I hit but all of a sudden the text in front of where I am editing disappears.  What combination of keys will stop this.  I thought it was control + insert but that did not help. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Ins and delete keys together nm - do this all the time

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Your insert key is programmed for 'typeover' text. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
You can uncheck that option in tools.

Oops! That should read overtype. :) - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

If I'm reading this correctly, Control+Z works for me using Word - Backwards Typist

[ In Reply To ..]
It is to undo the last change. I'm always using it. LOL

No, once you turn overtype mode on, your typing replaces previous text depending - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
on where you are. You can see the OVR icon on the status bar turn dark. You can turn that option off or double-click the icon to turn it off.

Ctrl + Z will get your text back, but it will happen again as soon as you start typing if you don't turn off overtype.

Similar Messages:

Working In DocQscribe, Text Is Disappearing As I Type. Sm
Apr 12, 2010

As I type each letter, the next one disappears. I don't know why it started doing this, and can't seem to find any way to make it stop. ...

DISAPPEARING POSTS
Jun 17, 2010

Does anyone know why posts just disappear?  Posted something around midnight, and get up this morning and it's gone.  I was asking about relationship between *******, if any, who owns them.  Does this moderator get paid? Other posts about discrepency between pay of MTs and pay of management who have never transcribed have disappeared, top heavy company comments disappeared... What's up?   ...

Disappearing Expansions
Apr 28, 2011

Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing disappearing expansions? It seems that almost everyday I run across something that I could have sworn had an expansion, but it's no longer there. Is it my imagination?? ...

Disappearing Work
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what happened with my message, but I posted it late last night and it was the first one at the top and it has now disappeared.  All I did was ask if anyone experienced work disappearing from their queue all of a sudden.  If any of you have experience this please send me a note.  This work usually is non-VR..it is very upsetting.  Thanks!  If the note was taken off for a certain reason, please let me know.  No names were mentioned, and nothing derog ...

Webmedx Work Disappearing
Oct 21, 2010

Ok, so maybe we should have a separate board to discuss what in the world is going on at Webmedx lately! I have noticed some strange things this morning.  There was a bunch of work on one of my accounts (300 minutes or so) very early this morning.  When I started doing the work, I noticed that it was from 3 days ago.  I am wondering why we are sitting for days on end with no work and then getting work that is 3 days old? There was still at least 100 minutes of dictation on t ...

Jobs Disappearing From Queue
Oct 28, 2011

I know this has been mentioned before, but here goes..have any of you ever had jobs disappear from your queue that you had just gotten, especially one that had a decent line count and was non-VR?  This happened to me yesterday.  I had just started a job and all of a sudden poof it was gone!!  I then sent a message to my supervisor, who said she didn't take it, and said maybe it timed out?  I know it did not time out because I had just gotten it.  This is not the fir ...

Audio Progress Bar Keeps Disappearing...
May 21, 2012

Every report, I'm having to manually click Audio, Show Audio Progress, to get my audio toolbar with the speed & audio position to show up, then next report it's gone again.  Its there a way to make this dock in place?  Today is the first day I've had this problem! ...

Seeing A Trend? Work Disappearing?
Aug 29, 2013

Anyone else notice a trend that you get assigned to a "new" account (new to you and to Nuance) and work slowly builds up to a good amount, then starts to get out of control and behind, then starts to dwindle, then eventually it's such a trickle that you're constantly out of work?  This has now happened to me 3 times, and I'm beginning to wonder what's going on.  I know that staffing increases, when things get behind secondaries get pulled onto an account, and that a ...

Line Count Disappearing?
Aug 07, 2014

Been an MT for almost 15 years now, mostly from home. Am starting to see that I can't get the same line counts and am wondering if anyone else sees it. My friend left the same company, started working IC doing straight typing only and she said the same thing because getting the line counts we used to get isn't happening. Used to do 2000+ for a good 8 hours and now still typing as fast as before but struggle to get 1500. Is it the software? Am having no problems understanding dicta ...

Why Does The Post On The Job Seeker's Board For Advanced Transcription Keep Disappearing?
Jan 09, 2011

It has been there twice this evening and both times it has disappeared.  Does anyone have any recent information about this company?  It is the one out of New Jersey.   TIA ...

Instant Text - How Do You Bold Text?
Dec 07, 2011

I'm new to IT and have a question:  How do you bold text?  I went into "Edit" and see several options but not for bolding. Yes, it's probably in the manual but I'm on the clock right now so hope someone will post it here. Thanks! ...

Anyone Noticed Emails "disappearing"?
Jan 23, 2013

Are any of you missing emails from managers regarding OOW, work status, etc? ...

How Do You Get Text Out From Under A
Apr 21, 2012

I can't find the directions.  xx ...

OB/GYN In Text?
Jul 17, 2014

I am typing a report where dictator is talking about the patient's ob/gyn.  How do you type this?  Ob-gyn, OB/GYN or what. It is within a line of the report, not a heading.  ...

Help With Instant Text
Oct 14, 2009

Anyone have any good websites for Instant text tutorial or questions?  I did read through productivity talk and did find what I needed.  I have not used this software in years.  I use autotext, but I would like to use the line counting software that comes wtih IT.  I am trying to figure out a short cut to copying text, right clicking on IT , clipboard statistics, and logging each note. Any thoughts on how to do this with keystrokes and NOT the mouse? I am using Scribe Editor ...

Text Size
Jan 02, 2010

I forgot the easy way to adjust text size.  Hope someone can help. Is it still possible to search for something here?  I can't find the "search" line.   ...

Text Expander..HELP!
Jan 18, 2010

I was forced to switch to Windows 7 and I found that Stedmans Smartype was no longer compatible. After shedding some tears, I am searching for a new one. Does anyone have any suggestions about any medical text expanders that are good and work similar to Smartype (that work within WORD). I am currently looking at Speedtype...does anyone have any reviews on that? Thank you!! ...

Text Expander?
Apr 08, 2010

text expander? ...

Qualified Text?
May 06, 2010

Does anybody work for a company that pays less for something called "qualified text" or in other words pays less for templates, like 10 cpl for transcription but only 5 cpl for the template lines?  Were you with them when they paid full rate for those lines?  I am trying to find out how much impact (perhaps percentage) this has on the bottom line - a paycheck.  The company I work for is going to start doing this and I am wondering how much it is going to hurt.  Obviously it w ...

Instant Text And VR
Sep 18, 2010

Just wondered about what you all think is the best expander to use with VR. I used to use Shorthand up to a couple of years ago and now work with Instant Text. It seems to me that Shorthand is very very popular with the VR crowd. Does anyone use Instant Text successfully with VR? The version of IT I have (V  Pro) does not have the recording functions and the ability to use shortcuts (like Alt+ and Control+) like Shorthand does. Nor is there there an ability to record commands or key combina ...

Instant Text V
Feb 08, 2011

I was wondering if anybody working on the DQS system is able to use Instant Text V  and if so, how did you convert it over ?  Thank you for any help. Donna ...

Does Anybody Use Instant Text?
Apr 06, 2011

Does anybody use Instant Text?  I just started using it and CANNOT figure out how to get "-year-old" to expand without a space in front of the first hyphen.  I am ready to scream!  Please help!  ...

Instant Text V Pro Help
May 08, 2011

I am having issues with linking Instant Text V Pro with eScription.  The greenlight is on saying that it is linked, but I am not able to get any of my keystrokes to work.  If anyone is familiar on how to do this please let me know.  I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!! ...

Text Expander And SR
Aug 03, 2011

In school, we were given the opportunity to have a 4-month trial of Shorthand for Windows. I really enjoyed using this program and had considered purchasing an extended license for it when I become employed; however, I thought of the MT industry heading more towards SR/VR editing and wondered if having a text expander would be useful at all. Any inputs? I'm currently using Word's AutoCorrect as a substitute. ...

Best Text Expander?
Apr 09, 2012

Could anyone give me any recommendations for a good general text expander (starting an ASR job in a couple of weeks)?  I use Phrase Express right now, but I don't like some of its limitations and bugs, and customer service stinks.  I'm really interested in hearing from someone who has tried a couple and has a preference and why.   TIA! ...

Help! Anyone Using Instant Text, Etc...
May 16, 2012

This was transferred to the tech forum last night but isn't a tech question: How are MTs naming their short forms now, for example for shortform "ncat" (normocephalic atraumatic) do you use "ncat" or do you use "ncatx"? Thanks. ...

DocuScribe Text
Jun 16, 2012

Anyone know how to make the text larger in DocuScribe?  Thanks! ...

Copying Text
Aug 16, 2012

I switched computers about a week ago.  Since then, I have been unable to copy text within the same document on Escription.  Can someone please help me with this? ...

Small Text
Sep 27, 2012

Text is small.  Having a hard time seeing it.  Does anyone know how to make the text I am typing bigger?  ...

Imstant Text
Apr 01, 2013

Does anyone use instant text with EditScript or does anyone know if it works in EditScript? Thanks. ...