A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transport ad for IC says dont apply if this would be to supplement - other jobs. That is like saying SM

Posted: May 16, 2014

your plumber cannot do work on anyone elses pipes.  That is crazy, and probably, illegal to tell an IC that they cannot work for anyone else.  Do they expect their doctor to see only them?  Their groomer to groom only their pet?

I hope nobody elects to work for them, but in this economy, there will be somebody that will.

I wouldnt say a thing, I would work for whomever - I jolly well chose and the company SM

[ In Reply To ..]
who didnt want me to work elsewhere could stuff it. And I'd tell them so, right to the recruiter or owner on the phone or email.

Unless they pay me for 2 jobs or sign a contract to pay my living expenses and bills, I will supplement my income any other way I please as long as it's not taking business away from them.

Sure you could tell em that and worse, Of course, you would have no hope - of them hiring you. Will your SM

[ In Reply To ..]
"I will tell them" attitude feed the kids? Nope, you will still be looking for employment elsewhere.

Of course, the smart thing to do would be to work for them and keep your mouth shut. Sure, you wont have the pleasure of making your point, but you would be able to feed the kids.

They also claim they work like a team...could not be further - from the truth. s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
1) They are not expanding, people keep leaving.

2) "Vibrant teamwork atmosphere"...you are not allowed to talk to each other or QA, and vice versa. The one you can contact is going to make her lines before she gets to your email/questions, and is easily confused so good luck with that.

Horrid little company, small, quiet, keeps under the radar to stay alive. Pay is low and dictators mostly poor - fast and sloppy about 50% of the time. Can't hear them the other half of the time. Company suggested investing in a sound booster. Why? When it's more than 1 or 2 soft-spoken guys, problem is your system, not mine and not my ears.

That's against definition of IC - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
One of the points of determining whether you are an IC is that you have multiple clients. If you are working for only one company you are establishing an employer/employee relationship.

I'm fairly certain that's illegal - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
An IC is technically self-employed, so I'm pretty sure it would be against the law for a company to tell an IC that they can't do work for anyone else. Just sayin'....

I think that meets the test of an employee - MacroDiva

[ In Reply To ..]
One of the definitions of the IC is that they are not exclusive to one client. If you are working for these people, consider researching this and then going to the IRS. This company could end up owing a whole lot of taxes.

IC - IC

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked here for two and a half years and have always worked for at least one other MTSO to make sure there is enough work. Nobody has ever said anything to me regarding this, and I am not sure how they would know. It is not mentioned in my IC Agreement which seems to do a good job of outlining the IC relationship.

Similar Messages:

Libidol Supplement
May 28, 2010

I took a test in which the list of medications including what sounded to me like Libidol - a supplement to enhance, you guessed it, libido.  I have not worked in acute care for several years so wonder if there are any commonly taken meds being prescribed that sound like Libidol?  Thank you ...

Does Anyone Out There Supplement Their Work Other Than Just MT?
Oct 07, 2010

Does anyone out there supplement their work other than just MT? I was working a considerable amount of hours and my pay was pretty good, almost what I made at a local hospital minus the gas, sitter, insurance, and uniform expenses. Problem is my work was cut back, and is not enough to keep me satisified at this point. I have resorted to looking for a part-time job to go with being a MT. For me, being home is the only choice I have right now, but I cannot pay the bills off what I am making. Does ...

Molly B Supplement
Feb 04, 2014

Patient has varicose veins and is pregnant. "She is taking what she describes as a Molly B supplement to help with blood thinning." No accent. Clear dictator. ...

Supplement For Ménière’s
Nov 02, 2009

s/l    IN-fa-min, a supplement for Ménière’s ?? I am at a loss and unable to document this . . . any clues? ...

Visco-supplement Or Viscosupplement?
Dec 10, 2009

I'm finding both. Thanks! ...

Med. S/l Giva, Think It Is Herbal Supplement...
Feb 04, 2010

Supplement S/l Tyonal Or Tionol Or Tie-o-nol
May 04, 2010

Any idea on this supplement? Thanks, Abby ...

Drug S/l Letsin...maybe A Supplement...
Aug 18, 2010

Cancer patient on many other supplements and thinking this is also a supplement... ...

Med S/l Inveratac - Pt. With COPD - Could Be Supplement.
Sep 02, 2010

: ) ...

Vitamin/supplement Reference
Oct 05, 2010

Does anyone know of a good online reference for vitamin and supplement names, preferably something that allows for a "sounds like"?  I am struggling with this one - it sounds like "ketcava" and I'm thinking it might be something used for insomnia since it's listed in between 2 other supplements used for insomnia.  If anyone knows the name of this one or can point me in the direction of where to find it, I would greatly appreciate it!  Thanks in advance! ...

Supplement - S/l Kir-say-tin Plus. Pt Is A 67 Year Old Woman.
Jan 06, 2011

x ...

Mental Health Supplement Name
Jun 03, 2012

Patient was recently diagnosed with moderately advanced Alzheimer's dementia with no other dianoses known at this time.  He was brought into the facility with a list of meds.  He is on a mental health supplement that is dictated as "memory glow".  I am not finding it anywhere and doc sounded unsure when dictating it.  Any help would be appreciated.  Here is the list of meds: Calcium 600mg b.i.d. Furosemide 20mg every morning. Lipoflavonoid plus caplet ...

Spelling Of Over The Counter Supplement
May 15, 2013

Good afternoon everyone, I am in need of help on an over the counter supplement the doctor is dictating. It sounds like she is dictating "Noclia"  (Know-clee-a) I have tried every combination I can think of on looking for the spelling.  According to the doctor, it is an over the counter supplement to fight inflammation.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Career Step MT Editor Supplement Course....
May 25, 2010

Has anyone taken this course to learn speech editing?  Is it worth the $?  Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!  ...

Any Services Supplement Up To Minimum Wage??
Dec 11, 2010

I hear often that you only get paid per line. I was curious if any of these MT services supplement your pay up to minimum wage if your line count pay falls below it. ...

Supplement Or Medication Called Intuitive??
Feb 24, 2012

The patient has anxiety.  I sent this to QA who also left a blank, but, for future reference....He says this quite clearly and it seems that I may have heard this in the past but cannot find it, since, when you Google all you get is intuition-type things and RXlist comes up blank.  Thanks ...

Desperately Seeking Morning PT Radiology Work To Supplement Income
Jan 13, 2012

It seems impossible to find morning work in radiology to supplement my full-time income!  I love my full-time job at Transcend, but I am really needing to find a PT gig to supplement my income.  I current work second shift, but with the economy these days, like so many others out there, I could really use the extra income.  I would appreciate any input about any companies, whether it be IC or employee status, that offers morning work in radiology.  I scour the ads daily ...

I Dont Get It
Mar 03, 2012

All the anger and bitterness is not going to make your situation go away or change anything. If people are unhappy, then they need to get to the root of the problem and fix it. Ultimately we as individuals have the power to determine what we will and will not stand for. So many are unhappy with their jobs and from what I can tell every company out there is pretty much the same. It does not matter where you work, if you have a bad manager/team lead/QA, then see about moving to a different r ...

I Dont
Mar 25, 2014

Numerous posts about being the highest producer in his/her region.  How many highest producers can there possibly be?  Is this by block?   ...

DONT GIVE UP
Feb 01, 2010

This board is sometimes so disheartening.  All of you new MTs, we are graduating from reputable schools, we are getting jobs and it is no different from any other occupation.  Times change, rules change, technology changes, but if we are not set in our ways and our not willing to grow, things will disappear.  We always blame everyone else, but maybe its time to look at the opportunities that do exist and concentrate on where we do want to be in 5 years or 10 years.  Peop ...

What Ever You Do..DONT Work For DIT!
Jul 18, 2010

Hi! Just wanted to give a general warning..please pass it on..it's up to us to stop these SCAMMERS! Worked briefly for DIT Transcription in NC, and caught on very fast! THIS IS A BOGUS COMPANY! They do NOT pay their MT's. Just work you till you catch on and keep promising you that "the check is in the mail". DONT BITE! Have a call into NC Atty Generals Office. Anyone have anymore stories or info as to how I recover the two grand they owe me, let me know. ...

Maybe The Difference Is Some Of Us Dont See Ourselves
Jan 22, 2011

treated as such. If you do nothing to change a bad situation, the bad situation will never change.  But I guess some, like my DS, thrive on the drama of poor me, I can do nothing to help myself, please feel sorry for me.  And others, like me, hate drama, hate being treated bad, and refuse to stand by and let it continue.  I will not let a MTSO rule my life to the point of draining my bank account, monopolizing my time and stomping on my self esteem. Why would I stay in a situation ...

In Other Words, Dont Go Anywhere
Oct 15, 2012

I Will Tell You What I Dont Love About
Nov 02, 2012

I really seriously cannot stand when the work volumes are low, having to bounce around from account to account, in and out of our own BOB. It is hard enough trying to juggle the multiple number of accounts and all of their demands in the profiles, but having to go into another BOB is just plain ridiculous. I made next to no money today, spent more time reading the 4 page profiles after each report because only twice in 5 hours did I have the same hospital. Didn't Amy say she was going to ...

Dont Forget To
Nov 02, 2012

Since our TSM hasn't (doesn't ever) reminded us, thought I would ...

I So Dont Want To Work
Sep 13, 2013

Losing PTO time had finally done it. We moved to the boonies in the 90s because I could work from home. Now no jobs around here w/o driving 150 miles a day. Just feeling defeated today :-( ...

Just A Question..seriously I Dont Know.
Dec 20, 2014

Has there ever been a union for transcriptionists?  I have never heard of one, but have often wondered if that would be beneficial.  I mean if the people want it..why not.  But I don't reallly know about how these unions and things work.  Maybe Ive watched too much TV, but it seems like back in the day when they had unions, nobody made a move without consulting the union.  The Teamsters...that is what I'm thinking of.  Again, It's just a memory to me ...

If We Dont Get Paid
Apr 16, 2015

I don't see how they can give us a critical error for DOS or other "errors" on the ADT or cc screens.  They should have to pay us back pay for all the crap we have filled in.  Just my vent this a.m. ...

I Dont Understand How Some Of You
Apr 30, 2015

Not only was I told it was mandatory, I was told you would be on PM if you didnt do it.  I have no clue how you get around that, or how its fair to the rest of us who actually do as they are told.   I need this job.  Its not a luxury to me.  I work my butt off, punch in on time, give 120% every day, and I come here to see all of you bragging how you havent done even an hour!  I cannot fathom how you take those kind of gambles with your employment, or how you square that ...

Dont Clock Out Or Locked Out?
Apr 07, 2010

So, now if we have to go to the bathroom or some other thing that pulls away from the computer, we dont clock out otherwise we will be locked out for the shift?  What, it is no big thing anymore if we are on the clock but doing something else?  Doesnt that defeat MQ purpose of getting the work done.  If I get locked out, I cant finish my shift so they cant get all the work done.  Its okay for me, I will have a free afternoon, LOL, but it hurts MQ turn around time.  This& ...