A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend "you deserve to be pampered" contest - transcend loser

Posted: Apr 27, 2011

Is this some kind of trap?

?? What is that ?? - mtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
What is this contest? I've not heard of it yet. I know we just got done doing the 25% contest. Even though I did go past the 25%, my ROM still wasn't impressed. Whatever with this company anymore. I'm so over it.

Contest - transcend loser

[ In Reply To ..]
Got an e-mail this morning about this contest supposedly in celebration of MT week in May. We are invited to write an essay of 350 words or less on why we deserve to be pampered.

Do they really have to ask?

And what does the winner get? - LaLaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Hey, for 100 bucks I'll write the best piece of - fiction you ever saw

[ In Reply To ..]
When it comes to making a buck, I am utterly shameless. :D

Yeah, right... - mtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
With me trying to make my lines, I don't have time to write them an essay on anything. I deserve to be pampered because I put up with my ROM, who is a very unpleasant person to say the least. How many words was that? :)
Hmm... somehow, I don't think that's going to - get you any brownie points
[ In Reply To ..]
I am being facetious, of course....
too funny mtmom - CardioMT
[ In Reply To ..]
$100 is not enought for me to take what little time I have after working a full time job and part time for Transcend... nice thought... but I think not...
Too funny these comments :-) - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for the chuckle. I saw that email too and the first thing I thought when reading it is they have a great knack for talking down to their employees with their little contests and games, almost like grade school. They deserve a great piece of fiction with silly promos like that.
If you're ROM is who I think it is, you deserve $1,000 LOL - Ex
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

And only one person wins?! - mtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
And how many people work for this company? One person wins? And I'm sure person who thought up this contest gets paid way more than we do! And she has probably never done transcription in her life, just like some in Transcend HR have not. Whatever.

Ha, I found the email... in my spam box!! - mtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
What does it say when my yahoo account felt this email was spam?! LOL!

Transcend loser - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I do not work for Transcend; however, I regard these "contents" and the like to be highly unprofessional. If your employees are doing a good job for you, reward ALL of them; don't insult intelligent people by silly contents.

Whoops! - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I meant CONTESTS, not CONTENTS. (I think I am still in shock from the 5 dollar a gallon gas.)

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone At Transcend Heard Who Won The I Love Me Contest That Was
May 14, 2011

such a big deal?  Wonder which one of SG's pals will be selected. ...

Has Anyone Seen Final Results From Transcend Biggest Loser Contest
Sep 12, 2010

that was promised for 08/28/2010?    This was by far the most unfair contest yet.  It was spread over all platforms, all work types, and there is no way someone on BeyondBelief can compete in production with someone on Escription.  I hope they think future contests out a little bit better so everyone can have a chance to win rather than just the chosen few.  ...

Let's Talk About The Pay We Deserve, Shall We?
Dec 01, 2011

Just for the sake of simplification, let's say there are 3 kinds of MTs: 1.  The MT who does absolutely any work type; operative notes, radiology, hematology, cardiology, neurology, and all the hard stuff, including difficult ESLs.  Good audits and production.  Good at VR. This MT is also certified. 2.  The MT who is not certified but has at least 10 years experience, many specialties, ESLs, good audits, VR, and excellent production. 3.  The newbie who ...

Just Like A Love, If The Job Doesn't Appreciate You, They Do Not Deserve You!
Jul 11, 2014

This company will never learn.  They like punishing their employees day in and day out as if to make you atone for some wrongdoing.  Like a typo.  If that isn't bad enough, the work does not flow.  Sadly, for employees, they will never recognize your greatness.  They just don't deserve you. ...

New Contest
Sep 03, 2010

Anybody see the email about the new contest?  Hurry hurry hurry, upgrade to 6.1 soon, and you too can have the chance to pay taxes on a prize and tell everyone how wunnerful wunnerful the new upgrade is. ...

Next Contest
Sep 09, 2010

We will be asked to write a song about the new upgrade.   Lots of fun With six point one! The upgrade just makes sense To boost our confidence In our company who cares About those who own the shares.   ...

Contest
Sep 21, 2010

so whatever happened to this contest where they were going to give out $400 Wal-Mart gift cards?  Just blowing smoke again? ...

FTR Essay Contest
Mar 22, 2010

OH MY GOD!   The Q is having an essay contest about what is wonderful about FTR.  I just picked myself up off the floor because I was and still am laughing hysterically.  Nothing surprises me any more at the Q...  nothing!!! ...

Hey, Whatever Happened To That Contest?
Sep 27, 2010

Maybe if they wait long enough, nobody will remember, right? ...

What Happened With That Contest?
Oct 27, 2010

Remember the contest they were running when we downloaded 6.1?  The one with the flat screen TVs?  I might have missed something, but did anybody win? ...

DQS 6.1 Contest Winners
Nov 16, 2010

... on the prizes, I guess the TV winner probably won't be getting much of a paycheck for that pay period! ...

MT Essay Contest
Apr 13, 2012

That we are not typists. This is something MTSOs need to realize. There is a skill set required here that goes beyond being a typist and speech recognition technology. That these are LEGAL documents and that the mistakes that go through all the time could be an issue because companies AND transcriptionists are being allowed to be brought to trial over errors in several states now. That we realize as soon as a machine can replace us, we'll be gone. That it makes me laugh that I re ...

MT Contest For Thursday
May 21, 2015

Anybody else having trouble submitting the fiirst section?  Hit submit button and it will not take.  The other section (s) worked fine.  Very strange. ...

First Time Right Essay Contest
Apr 02, 2010

So to those of you who said don't enter....you were foolish...you could have gotten a $50 gift card...   Medquist is doing what it should be doing....providing quality to the facilities and the patients that we transcribe for!   My thoughts...   Benchmark KB is great....everything is at your fingertips now........   Google isn't always right.....remember that..... ...

DocQscribe 6.1 Upgrade And Contest
Sep 06, 2010

There is a drawing for prizes if you upgrade the DocQscribe 6.1 by midnight and I watched all the presentations and have been sending emails for 2 days to my CCM to get instructions on how to upgrade and she won't answer my emails and if I don't upgrade by midnight I won't be entered for the prizes.  I'm so mad now.  How do I make her answer me.  What can I do? ...

What Happened To The Big Contest Results?
Sep 07, 2010

Pressure was on BIG TIME for us to upgrade 6.1 by Sunday so we would be entered in the contest, with winners notified 9/6.  Nothing has come through.  Nice.   This place sucks. ...

New Contest: 6.1 Download Stories
Oct 02, 2010

We need a new contest for download disastors.  I win.  My computer wouldn't accept the download.  Support tried to fix it for a week, then sent a new MQ computer.  When it arrived, I was on my way to the door to get it.  Our German shepherd got excited and up ended me.  I laid there with a nicely fractured hip.  Fed Ex handed me the plate to sign through the door and I waited quietly for the ambulance.   I am now on short term disability.  ...

Do You Even Contest The Stupid Errors?
Apr 26, 2014

The other day I got a FIESA report for putting "anger" issues, instead of "anger issues". It wasn't a major error but COME ON!!!!! ...

Mt Week Contest Problem
May 19, 2015

Anyone having problems with the contest today?  It won't let me choose an answer.  Just wondering if it's my computer or an issue on their end. ...

Did You See Those Long Sentences For The Daily Contest Winners?
May 21, 2013

I thought it was supposed to be a 1 sentence entry. ...

Who's Ready For Amy's Contest "quality Starts With Me?" Oh Boy
Apr 25, 2013

Can't wait for another thrilling contest ...

VR At Transcend
Nov 18, 2009

Did VR develop Alzheimer's?  It has lost everything.  I am tired of no commas, periods, and everything else it reverted back to since its infancy.  It is really true that now you can transcribe faster than you can edit.  Does anyone even care?  Do you know how many times you have to stop in the middle of labs to put in punctuation?   This has been going on for over a month and I haven't noticed any big push to get it fixed.  Just another way to m ...

MDI/Transcend Pay For ULD? M
Feb 01, 2010

Does anyone remember in the conference calls, mention of MDI/Transcend paying for unlimited long distance phone charges for employees?  I remember this being mentioned but can't recall all the details;  if it was for FT only, everyone, etc.  Does anyone remember details and if that still stands? ...

To MDI/Transcend MTs : Is Anyone Else
Feb 01, 2010

work today?  ...

Transcend TLs ??
Feb 08, 2010

I am curious as to if the TLs are meeting their requirements.  They are expected to type 75-80% of their time and get paid by the line as well .  I am very suspicious that they are not typing VR all day, having their work sent to India, etc, and are getting the straight typing.  They get paid a flat fee per month for their administrative duties on top of that.  I wonder if they are experiencing no work and looking at a blank screen most of their time& ...

Transcend MTs
Mar 03, 2010

n/m ...

Is There More Than One Transcend? I See Their
Mar 19, 2010

job ad on the Seeker's board and it sounds like a place I would like to work.  I work for a company also called Transcend, but they are not a place that I would recommend to anyone.  I haven't worked all week as there has been no work.  Just NJA. So maybe this Transcend is in a parallel universe.  It certainly could not be the same place where I'm employed.  ...

About Transcend
Mar 28, 2010

I have read dozens of posts on the board about Transcend, some good and a lot not so good.  However, I think there is an explanation for some MTs loving it there and others hating it so much. Transcend is a company made up of many other companies through mergers. The original Transcend who existed first, before acquiring other companies seems to be the problem.  On the other hand, for example MDI/Transcend, for the most part does not seem to fit that description. You have to remember ...

VR With Transcend?
Apr 21, 2010

I'm coming to the realization that unless I get faster with editing these VR reports, I am never going to be able to make the full-time production requirements at Transcend.  I'm really freaking out.  Is it really possible to do 300 lines per hour in VR?  How long does it take to get faster with it?    ...

Want To See What Our Value Is To Transcend?
May 19, 2010

Google Star Clip Itz Note Holder w/ Metal Rod & Alligator Clip to see exactly how much it cost Transcend per MT for this gift that bears so much thought and appreciation.  Do they really not realize how it affects their corporate image when their priority is placed on spending $600,000+ on a failed business venture versus the amount spent to "appreciate" the motor that makes their business run?  That's like spending more than a half million dollars to buy a garage to hous ...