A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

keystrokes hiring? - sm

Posted: Oct 21, 2009

I'm a bit confused with Keystrokes.  The ad they have placed here indicates wanting 40 people for new accounts, etc.  However, I just received an email about job openings for only 2 very heavy ESL 1-9 shifts.  I don't understand why they would have this ad and yet only be sending info about only the 2 jobs.  I'm in their DATABASE and am sent these emails according to what opens up.  I have not received anything about these supposed 40 jobs for new accounts.  I  wonder if this something Kestrokes does on a regular basis - advertise when they don't really have anything available - OR if once your'e in their database, you're only told of specific jobs?  Does anybody else have a similar experience with getting hired by Keystrokes, either via database or the actual ads?    Thanks. 

that's why; nobody stays long when they realize what they go in to. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

The openings are for different departments; maybe only 2 openings in the one you are interested in. - KSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I know that they account I am on is adding another department (Radiology). They are hiring for that because those of us on there only do ER and HIM. I also know of a new account coming on that is HIM but I want to stay where I am.

It probably depends on what you specialize in.

BTW, people DO stay. I have been there 5 years, so have many others I know. - KSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
There were a lot of people mentioned in the newsletter with big anniversaries, so people DO stay.

I'm sure-- if you are on good accounts and have a decent platform - Old and Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Sure, you are happy if you are on a good account with a good platform. I was started on a C-phone account with horrible dictators, horrible quality audio, and I specifically asked for a VARIETY of work, i.e. the basic four, and was only given op reports. I was required to purchase the C-phone as I didn't have one, had to supply my own unlimited long distance, and had to purchase Shorthand since there was no expander on the Meditech platform. You had to fill in numerous screens before you ever got to the main transcription page. The so-called "training" was a joke, for which I was not paid. The QA nit-picked every comma, etc., and you'd better have the BOS memorized because they marked off the commas, etc., and stated the page and paragraphm etc. After working for them for about a week, I made a whole $38.! I told them no thanks and quit. I have 30 years experience and was not about to put up with the crap. Your experience may be different, but that was mine. I would NEVER recommend Keystrokes to anybody.
Amen, Old and Tired MT - SW
[ In Reply To ..]
I completely agree with what you said Old and Tired MT. I was on a horrible account with very bad dictators and hospital, who demanded 3-hour TAT and excellent reports. Needless to say, their turnover in MT's was unbelievable. I managed to stay wtih them for 8 months, much longer than anyone else, but they stress finally got to me and I had to quit after being totally humiliated by the administration of KS.
You sound like a diva MT - Hmm?
[ In Reply To ..]
Lots of companies ask this of employees, to get ULD and a word expander. Stringent QA is a requirement for good patient care.

KS - 7DayMT

[ In Reply To ..]
A few weeks ago I sent them a resume, not responding to any particular job ad. I got an e-mail saying 6-8 positions were available. Four of them needed a C-phone and unlimited long distance, so I could not do those. The other 2 said I was interested in. Someone (who sounded very nice) called me 2 days later and said of the 2 I was interested in, one shift was available (the other had been filled in-house). I couldn't do that one, so she said things change every week and she would be e-mailing me when new positions became available. Did not get any more e-mails, though.

Several times lately I have applied to a company, tested and was called for an interview, and was told what was advertised was not available or was on hold, but something else was.

Disorganized hiring/recruiting - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I, too, sent them a resume and filled out their online application weeks ago and got the same "must have C-phone and unlimited long distance" offers. Then I contacted them again about a new client they had coming on board and they said they couldn't find my original resume and app and would I please go through the process again. I did, and then they kept e-mailing me calling me by the wrong name, again offering up the same C-phone/LD positions. It's as though no one there keeps track of anything, and they certainly don't pay attention to detail. I decided it'd be a very bad fit for me based on that.

Similar Messages:

Keystrokes Is Hiring?
Dec 31, 2009

Does anybody know if Keystrokes is hiring?  I haven't seen any ads here for a while.  I wanted to put in a resume, but only if it would be actually looked at and not just thrown in a drawer.  I sent one to Transcend only to be told no openings available, and I'm going on their list.  I've been on this list for a few months now, despite the frequent job ads placed, and have yet to be notified about anything available.      ...

Keystrokes Is Hiring For Radiology MT
Jun 17, 2010

I see that Keystrokes is hiring for radiology MT.  Is anyone familiar with the company? Thanks ...

Keystrokes - Really Enough Work For All That Hiring?
Jun 15, 2011

I noticed that Keystrokes has an ad for quite a few jobs.  Is there really enough work for all that hiring?  Anyone who works there please share your thoughts on this.  I would like to apply for an oncology position, but don't want to get onboard only to find out there is no work.  Thanks in advance for any information. ...

Why Is Keystrokes Hiring Again For The Same Jobs
Jun 19, 2013

Why is Keystrokes hiring again for the same jobs that were posted a couple of weeks ago?  Are the accounts so bad that no one will stay longer than a couple of weeks?  Just curious because I applied the last time they advertised these same jobs but didn't get hired even with 15+ years experience.  ...

DSG - If They Are Hiring?
Jun 16, 2011

Anyone know if they are hiring? ...

SS Hiring Ad
Feb 04, 2011

Softscript hiring ad AGAIN - I had a total of 2 out of 4 days of work.  I am only part-time, but I wonder how the full-timers feel, if they are out of work and then see the hiring ad.  ...

Is DSG Still Hiring IC At All
Mar 20, 2011

Is DSG still hiring IC at all.  I see they have an ad for employees for MT. ...

HUH MQ Hiring?
Sep 05, 2011

WTF is going on?  I am no longer an MT, but I still care about a lot of people who are still TRYING to work at the Q.  Just popped over to mtjobs and the Q has an ad on there for MTs wishing to embark on a world class....etc.  It's unacceptable that the Q doesn't let anyone know what is going on at the MT level, starve out all the experienced ones they "acquired," then offshore to Inida and hire a bunch of newbies.  I don't have any idea what sort of game they ...

TTS Hiring Again?
Mar 06, 2012

I want to work a part time job to supplement my other part time job at Nuance because sometimes there is no work.  I see an opening at TTS but when reviewing posts about TTS it sounds like a bad place to work with incompetent recruiters and managers.  It seems 95% of the posts are bad regarding TTS.  I am leery about working for a company that keeps advertising for help, especially if it isn't a large one like Nuance or MQ.  Is this a good company where there is work or ...

TTD Hiring Again!
Jun 05, 2012

Why is this company advertising again? I don't get it?  ...

Anyone REALLY Hiring
Oct 05, 2012

Are any decent MTSOs actually hiring ICs... and I mean IC in the traditional meaning of the word; not locked into some arbitrary schedule design, but a daily line committment.  I have 10 years experience.  The company I was working for no longer has the account I was working on.  They have given me some pick up work here and there, but I can't live on $100 a week or less from odd jobs while they find something new and steady. They estimate it may take 60-90 days for that to h ...

Anyone Really Hiring?
Nov 16, 2012

Does any one know of a company that is TRULY hiring?   The small company I worked for no longer has the account I was.  They have nothing steady for me to do right now.  Christmas is coming and I have 5 kids and everything is going wrong (septic tore up, car tore up, etc.).   There are tons of posts for Nuance, Softscript, etc.... (tho I prefer a small company that actually cares about its MTs)  I apply, I test, I don't hear anything back.  I have 10 ...

TTS Hiring
Jan 31, 2013

How is TTS (Transcription, Technology & Support) to work for as far as enough work, QA, and overall being a reputable company?  I am guessing you do not make much money since it is all voice recognition.  Just curious, because it seems like they have an ad every day, sometimes twice a day, looking for 2nd shift MTs. ...

Is Anyone Hiring??
Feb 07, 2013

Holy cow! I have been an MT for about 4 years now. I am looking for a new job and have sent my resume EVERYWHERE! No calls, emails, or anyhthing. Is this industry going in the toilet completely now? ...

How Is It That They Are Hiring?
Feb 21, 2013

MM has ads placed as few as 12 hours ago, 1 day ago, etc., to hire MTs. I would like to respond to these ads and say "um, hello?! I already work for you...wanna throw some of that work my way?!" It's maddening! ...

Anybody Know If AHD Is Still Hiring?
Feb 27, 2014

Saw an ad by them from this past January and curious if positions are all filled at this time. Anybody know? ...

TransTech, If You're Hiring
Oct 13, 2009

some part-timers anyway, why not offer weekends to part-timers and offer some Mon-Fri shifts for the experienced full-time MTs you're trying to get.....  That's about the only way you're going to get many experienced quality MTs.  And there are always plenty of MTs looking for part-time weekend work as a 2nd job.  ...

If MedWare Is Hiring?
Nov 23, 2009

Does anyone know if MedWare is hiring?  I go to their web page and it say apply online but will not come up?!? ...

Now I Know Why Some Companies Are Always Hiring
Dec 18, 2009

. ...

How Do MTSOs Get Away With Hiring Only ICs.
Dec 17, 2009

Is this just a scam so that employers don't have to pay benefits and employer taxes?  I bet if there was an audit, most ICs and MTSOs would be in trouble for using that classification improperly, especially for the full-time positions. I even applied for a full-time secretarial job in a small law office recently, and was told I would be hired as a contractor with no benefits.  I was stunned and declined.  I need to check with the labor department to see if some of my concern ...

Why Is Spheris Hiring?
Feb 04, 2010

Seems odd to me, but over on the other website, Sperhis is hiring.  Who would accept a position with them at this point? ...

Is MedTrans Really Hiring?
Feb 05, 2010

I see ads for Medtrans all over the internet for all different cities and you go to their website and it seems they are pushing you to take their course and then they will hire you.  I am just confused because I keep seeing the companies advertise for months, yet they seem to say "no" a lot.  I have 12 yrs experience in acute care, radiology, and clinic, and it's amazing to me how for some reason it seems impossible to pass these tests.  Is it just me?  ...

ETrans Plus - Are They Hiring?
Feb 18, 2010

Anyone work for this co? Are they hiring and do they have work? ...

Why Is Spheris Hiring?nm
Feb 23, 2010

nm ...

TransTech Hiring?
Apr 13, 2010

Can you believe this?  What about the MTs they have that have little to no work? ...

TransTech Hiring ????
Apr 21, 2010

I am surprised to see the job ad for TransTech on the Job Board here...I thought they didn't have enough work.  There are two ads actually, one for acute care, the other for oncology.  Does anyone out there work on the oncology account and is there enough work.  What is their cpl rate for someone who has 12 years experience in oncology.  Also, what platform do they use?  Thanks for your help. ...

SoftScript Is Always Hiring Because --
May 13, 2010

They only hire for 2nd shift and that is to do the leftover, picked-through work from 1st shift.  There is no way to make good money going this, though they give you a month to get up to 135 lph, which at 8.5 cpl is a whopping 11.48/hour.  During training, on the 2nd evening of work, this is how I got treated, getting the worst of the work.  I do not get any job satisfaction in doing  others' leftover work; it makes me feel li ...

What Company Is Hiring New MT's Please/Thank You
Jun 04, 2010

I have been in school for the last two years updating my computer and Transcription skills. Who is hiring New MT's ...

Medquist Is Hiring
Jul 14, 2010

Medquist has an ad on the Job Seekers board.  Why don't all of you who have NJA apply!  I really have not found anything that great out there, but anything and I mean the worst of the worst is still better than MQ.  I applaud you women who keep trying to make it work there.     ...

Does Anyone Know If Axolotl Is Hiring?
Sep 01, 2010

There were positive posts about them in the past.  Don't know where they advertise when they do hire.    ...