A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend's football game - annoyed

Posted: Sep 25, 2010

Is anyone else sick of reading the "football" updates?  How much time do you think they spend coming up with these motivational emails?  Seriously. 

These things only motivate me to get my minimum lines in as quickly as possible so I can get off the system and away from these emails.  Reading their updates is like trying to listen to a football game on the radio.  I have to wonder what their ulterior motive is as to why they want the system emptied by 09/30.  Are we implementing more VR? 

Okay, done with my vent.  Back to work.

System emptied - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
I remember when I worked there getting an email wanting the system emptied by 9/30 as well. I think it has something to do with their quarterly report as to TATs or something of that nature. It is something that benefits them and their statitics I believe.

Transcend needs to improve its credibility, not play more games. - 2 cents

[ In Reply To ..]
Transcend sux

Ditto that - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm going for a job interview next week. I pray I get it. I can't wait to give my 2 weeks notice. I will be so glad to never have to read another stupid e-mail trying to get us to do more. Hey Transcend, here's an idea. If you want us to work weekends and nights, pay an incentive!

Over it.

I just left too for the same reasons, and the double talk. - They say one thing and mean another.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
IF you are so unhappy - blondie
[ In Reply To ..]
why don't you all quit and someone else will gladly take your place if they are looking for a job. You people complain when you cant find jobs and when you have them all you do is complain. Maybe ya'll are just miserable!
Seriously?? Didn't you read the post? I ALREADY LEFT. - Comprehension for Dummies
[ In Reply To ..]
And I had no problem whatsoever finding another job. In fact, I'm making more now than I did with Transcend.
Comprehension for idiots - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
The first comment is STILL working there - SERIOUSLY????? Idiot!
Um, then wouldn't it make more sense to respond to that post? - Again..comprehension is key
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Not necessary - Blah
[ In Reply To ..]
I am a Radiology MT with 8 years experience and I will tell you that it is not just so easy to go out and find something else. Believe me and I have been trying. I have not done acute care in a few years so nobody will even let me do that even though I have years of experience. Yes we should be glad to have a job but it does not mean we are not happy and do not want to be treated family and want then to concentrate on more productive things than these stupid games so take that, lol!
Do you work for Transcend - Blondie?? - RLee -n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
:)
Oh yeah, she does - LOL
[ In Reply To ..]
I recognize the nickname. She's a dyed-in-the-wool good-ol-boy Transcend ROM who will have that job until the day she dies. COO loves her.
I do - Blondie
[ In Reply To ..]
But I am not a ROM - I usually don't post but I am tired of the handful of bashing they get from the same people over and over.....Obviously, some of you are not there for a reason and not all the blame is theirs I am sure. There are good and bad everywhere - Deal with it!

And the reward for winning this one is tired eyes and sore hands. - yup

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Not so much annoyed, but very - PO

[ In Reply To ..]
upset that I can't get my lines in. By the time I work, the system is cleared. There were 3 other people working who weren't scheduled to work, but they had to come on anyway and score their touchdowns.

Sick of that and more - blah

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a Radiology MT and I get those emails and they do not even pertain to me so it super irritates me. I have spend my time every day emptying emails that do not even pertain to me. Like one said with Transcend they say one thing and mean another. If you follow one rule then you will be told you need to do something else regardless and it is getting VERY old.

Similar Messages:

Football Player With Concussion
Nov 18, 2011

Given his current lack of symptoms with progression of cognitive and physical activity, as well as his impact testing and passing of his s/l **BEST** test, I feel it is acceptable for the patient to return to full contact football at this point in time.   Thanks!! ...

S/l "RTB11 Playing Cast" For Football
Sep 14, 2011

Hi, The patient is a teenager with a displaced Salter II fracture of the index finger.  The cast is so he can play football.  I'm really coming up empty handed on my google search this time. I found 2 (count em TWO) results for RTV-11 cast, which is something but doesn't really build my confidence. Thanks! ...

Not Playing This Game
Mar 16, 2010

I've been reading all the posts on here, I have read the emails from Medquist. I don't do this job for fun.  I do it to get paid.  If I have to spend all my time looking up old reports and trying to figure out what this doctor mumbled or that one said when his head was underwater, my line counts will go down...meaning less pay. And yet if I send blanks to the client that get audited and THEY think I could have found the information, I go back on 100% QA... hence less pay. ...

Getting Back In The Game?
Jun 13, 2010

So, I'm thinking of getting back into MT.  Lots of reasons to do so, but its been around 5 years, and I'm worried there are all kinds of meds, equipment, and changes that I'll feel lost and overwhelmed - again. Opinions? ...

The Blame Game
Oct 03, 2013

Nuance is all about selling their voice wreakognition product.  They will never take the blame for any and all of its failures, instead they will shift it to the MLS.  They decieve their clients leading them to believe that their software delivers quality at 99% to 100% accuracy.    Clients you hear that:  All aboard you ship of fools!     ...

MM's Game Plan?
Apr 16, 2014

To get as many new transcription clients as possible, then sell them all on their Fluency One product, thereby doing away with the old fashioned back end transcription altogether. I mean, it really says something when your employer has developed a software program that can eliminate your job. ...

FISH GAME
May 19, 2014

I don't get the scavenger hunt.  Are we supposed to name the five places on the fish where the headphones are? ...

What's The MT Game Today?
May 21, 2014

Anyone hear anything from HR today? ...

Tired Of The Out Of Work Game
Jun 14, 2012

out of work, out of work, then at end of my shift, hey there's work and I'm expected to do it.  don't know how these companies get away with it, I only know if I don't do it, it's only going to hurt my paycheck and not theirs.  I'm exhausted. ...

Quit Watching The Game
Jan 19, 2014

That drives me crazy!!! Long pause .....Manning....Denver.......blah blah ...

What? No Fun MT Week Game Today?
May 20, 2014

I don't know why I bother but just wondered if anyone is playing Nuance games.  Not the everyday games but the MT week games. I have not entered previously since I am too busy with Nuance everyday games meant to defeat US MTs. ...

My Drink Game Word Was 'driving'
Oct 15, 2012

Low Work - Watch And Wait Game
May 05, 2013

Hey MTs: So concerned about my job, been a transcriber 30 years and now work is being taken by Epic and Dragon plus an outsource company at my hospital.  Should the transcribers be looking for other jobs ?  We are not told much from the "higher authorities" of what is going to happen, unless maybe they don't know yet.  Any input out there ? ...

Where Is The Email With Yesterday's Game Winners???
May 21, 2014

I actually played that one. lol ...

How About A Game Called MTSO Monopoly?
Aug 04, 2014

As fast as Nuance, M-Modal, and iMedX are buying up companies, someone should create a board game called MTSO Monopoly.  They can make little MT figures as game pieces, since we're the pawns in all of this! ...

New Game Lets Play Guess The ASR
May 24, 2015

Patient female with flattened Amy a "Patient came in with anemia." so very close ASR, so very close ...

Word Game On Comedy Stop Board
Dec 02, 2011

let's have some fun writing a song! ...

VR At Transcend
Nov 18, 2009

Did VR develop Alzheimer's?  It has lost everything.  I am tired of no commas, periods, and everything else it reverted back to since its infancy.  It is really true that now you can transcribe faster than you can edit.  Does anyone even care?  Do you know how many times you have to stop in the middle of labs to put in punctuation?   This has been going on for over a month and I haven't noticed any big push to get it fixed.  Just another way to m ...

MDI/Transcend Pay For ULD? M
Feb 01, 2010

Does anyone remember in the conference calls, mention of MDI/Transcend paying for unlimited long distance phone charges for employees?  I remember this being mentioned but can't recall all the details;  if it was for FT only, everyone, etc.  Does anyone remember details and if that still stands? ...

To MDI/Transcend MTs : Is Anyone Else
Feb 01, 2010

work today?  ...

Transcend TLs ??
Feb 08, 2010

I am curious as to if the TLs are meeting their requirements.  They are expected to type 75-80% of their time and get paid by the line as well .  I am very suspicious that they are not typing VR all day, having their work sent to India, etc, and are getting the straight typing.  They get paid a flat fee per month for their administrative duties on top of that.  I wonder if they are experiencing no work and looking at a blank screen most of their time& ...

Transcend MTs
Mar 03, 2010

n/m ...

Is There More Than One Transcend? I See Their
Mar 19, 2010

job ad on the Seeker's board and it sounds like a place I would like to work.  I work for a company also called Transcend, but they are not a place that I would recommend to anyone.  I haven't worked all week as there has been no work.  Just NJA. So maybe this Transcend is in a parallel universe.  It certainly could not be the same place where I'm employed.  ...

About Transcend
Mar 28, 2010

I have read dozens of posts on the board about Transcend, some good and a lot not so good.  However, I think there is an explanation for some MTs loving it there and others hating it so much. Transcend is a company made up of many other companies through mergers. The original Transcend who existed first, before acquiring other companies seems to be the problem.  On the other hand, for example MDI/Transcend, for the most part does not seem to fit that description. You have to remember ...

VR With Transcend?
Apr 21, 2010

I'm coming to the realization that unless I get faster with editing these VR reports, I am never going to be able to make the full-time production requirements at Transcend.  I'm really freaking out.  Is it really possible to do 300 lines per hour in VR?  How long does it take to get faster with it?    ...

Want To See What Our Value Is To Transcend?
May 19, 2010

Google Star Clip Itz Note Holder w/ Metal Rod & Alligator Clip to see exactly how much it cost Transcend per MT for this gift that bears so much thought and appreciation.  Do they really not realize how it affects their corporate image when their priority is placed on spending $600,000+ on a failed business venture versus the amount spent to "appreciate" the motor that makes their business run?  That's like spending more than a half million dollars to buy a garage to hous ...

Transcend....yet Again
Jun 05, 2010

I was with the company for over five years, not once failing to meet the requirements of me yet I was told my position would have to change to 2nd or 3rd shift if I wanted to keep my job as there were no positions available for 1st shift.  Two days after resigning I see they are hiring for 1st shift positions on a typing only platform which is what I wanted. I just don't get it. ...

Transcend Cpl
Jun 17, 2010

Our company was bought by Transcend and will start working for them in August.  Can anyone tell me what their starting line rate is or their average cpl. ...

Transcend Pay
Jun 25, 2011

Could someone please tell me what it is possible to be earning in say 3 months at Transcend? VR and straight typing? I am trying to make an important decision, and you never know the true pay, what to expect in advance, how long to get highly productive, etc. Thanks in advance. ...

Transcend/DTS
Jun 25, 2011

Did anyone else get the memo from Transcend (soon to take over from DTS) about the line rate change for the transitioning employees from DTS?  It was elegantly written, but basically it said that when the accounts are switched over the VR that the line rates will decrease but productivity will increase and no cut in pay is expected.  It is happening exactly how the posters on this board that have been through takeovers by Transcend said - decreased pay. I gave my notice already BT ...