A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TTD - The Transcription Doctors - MadMT

Posted: Apr 15, 2010

My recommendation is to have any MT who feels her time is valuable to Stay very far away from this company. I am going to be very careful in how I word this.  Company did not pay me correctly.  Our line counts did not match.  Experienced problems with line count accuracy early in employment.  Kept accurate records of line counts (their counts and my counts).  Was only paid 1/10th of first invoice.  Inquired about issue several times, and only when I sent an email to other team members, did I get a response.  Had over 10 responses from about 20+ emails sent that indicated issues with pay as well.  Only 1 email response to timeliness of receiving their money. 

Response from business owner was this (it was the first sentence of her email, "You will be advised that this is a small claims matter which will cost you even more $$ to file."  Not very interested in finding out why an MT she had in her contract with over 15 years experience, released from QA after only 24 hours of work and who had many hours and days of contact with the company manager would only produce enough work to amount to $79.00 in a two week period of time.  I was also told not to talk to Team Members anymore, since I was no longer on the team!

Those are the facts.  You all draw your own conclusions. 

Forward her reply to Superior Global..sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Superior Global hires this dead beat company to do their overflow. Tell them you want to be paid! She probably won't be telling you to go to small claims after that.

Superior Global is no better. Takes one flake to know and hire another. - Sad State of Affairs

[ In Reply To ..]
They need to be sued so they stop this nonsense. I wonder how many MTs get screwed over but just chalk it up as a hard lesson learned and move on. They need to be accountable.

Superior - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
They are no better, above poster is correct. Contacted them about another matter with another company. They did not help...so i contacted the CLIENT which the client was TICKED OFF that superior was outsourcing the work and they did NOT know about it. So, oh well, i opened up a can of worms.

TTD-Transcription Doctors - Shocked MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree-All MTs, please stay away from this company. My case was breech of contract with them. I got hired, went to all the trouble of filling out and sending all employment forms. then waited. E-mails between us, they would contact me shortly. I waited. Another e-mail: They said all was well and they would contact me. I waited and going through e-mails, then waited. And waited. I thought they were just busy. I turned down another offer and stopped looking for other jobs. When I inquired again, was simply told they had not heard from their client. I was too shocked to answer and they got away with it. What could I do-find an attorney?

MODERATOR stop these people from posting! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
There have been many complaints about his company not paying. Why do you continue to let them post job ads?

wow...I can't believe what goes on.... - jaerae

[ In Reply To ..]
on this website. A company's reputation can be ruined with no proof just hear-say! TTD is constantly bashed on this website. Yes, there is a gap between when you start work and when you get paid (4-5 weeks). They are very upfront about it and send you a document with the pay cycle right on it. This is not uncommon in other industries. My husband is an engineer and deals with contractors/subontractors all the time, it is not uncommon for subcontractors to be made as many as 90 days from invoice. As an IC you are essentially running your own business, if your business can't handle the terms of the contract, don't sign it...simple as that.

As far as errors in money being paid...I obviously don't know any details, but I have been paid accurately and on time by TTD.

Again, there is such a thing as freedom of speech, but how can companu's continue to be ripped apart on this website with no proof and no recourse? Some of these people should be held liable for the damage they can do.

MTs do not waste their precious time complaining about - Ethical Companies

[ In Reply To ..]
If there is a gripe on here and more than one MT agrees with it, then it is legitimate. They can and do warn us to stay away from bad companies.

If the company doesn't like it's reputation on this board, the company should be taking their own inventory.
so what your saying...... - jaerae
[ In Reply To ..]
is that if more than 1 (i.e. as little as 2) MTs bash a company, than it is a bad company. Your post also assumes ALL MTs are ethical, which they are not and that they ALL value their time as precious...which they obviously do not. The original poster was definitely not ethical in that she sent a mass email to all TTD IC's. How did she get all of our addresses and did she get permission to use those addresses? She definitely did not have my permission to send me unsolicited emails.
Do we really want to start a thread on what the MTSOs do that is not ethical - or downright illegal?
[ In Reply To ..]
Question: You stated that if more than 1 (i.e. as little as 2) MTs bash a company, then it is a bad company. Why is it beyond the comprehension that if more than 1 (i.e. as little as 2) have bad experiences and state their experiences, they are bashing a company?

Do you REALLY believe that every single company out there has 100% satisfaction or retention rate because of satisfaction?

And before you jump on the "see I told you I'd get bashed" bandwagon, I'm not bashing you. I'm asking a valid question and wondering why it is considered bashing instead of voicing valid complaints?
I don't know why I continue to post...but here goes - jaerae
[ In Reply To ..]
I really don't care whether I am bashed or not. I don't believe anyone when they say something like ALL or EVERY SINGLE or 100%. What I am saying is that some people on this board seem quick to bash companies for payment issues, slow work, no work, etc. and if the OP can share their experience with TTD, then I will share mine so people can get a more balanced view. BTW...I call it bashing when there is an appeal to the reader (OP says MTs who value their time) and a warning (stay far away). I call it bashing because the intent seems to be to hurt the company instead of resolve the real issue, which is a pay conflict. Even though the OP says at the end of their post, "you draw your own conclusions" the opening statement contradicts that by stating exactly what conclusion they want, which is...you to stay away from TTD if you are an MT that values your time. That is why I call it bashing. I am not saying TTD is a perfect company or the "best" company...that doesn't exist anymore...if you would like to go ahead and post about unethical MTSOs go ahead.
Who protects the MT? - Erica
[ In Reply To ..]
Seems like someone is out to protect the companies rather than the workers. Although different people do have different experiences with the same company, the fact that there are so many unhappy MT's in an indication of a problem. Turning a blind eye won't solve the problems which everyone must admit does exist in this industry. As far as doing harm to these companies, who is responsible for the treatment we, the workers, receive from many of the companies mentioned on this board. If these companies don't want to hear the truth, they should shut down this site. There is self-expression and freedom of speech and I don't see this as hurting the companies. In fact, it's the companies themselves who are doing damage to themselves with their ethics and policies. I'm not bashing any company in particular, just the way things are going industry wide.
Two sides to every story... - MT10-2
[ In Reply To ..]
There are always two sides to every story. As a previous IC with TTD, I know this company has multiple sides, hospital accounts, as well as their own direct contracts, as well as other contracts thru other MT companies. Up until the last few months of my contract with TTD, I really did enjoy my time there. The owner, other managers were easy to get along with, and great to work with and for. I will say the pay checks were getting later, and later in the past few months of my time there. It also seemed that the owner was less involved in her daily activities as she was previously. Was this due to the growing size of her business? Possibly, and partly true. Or was it due to her negligence and her desire to be away? Possibly, and again partly true in my opinion. I personally witnessed days where things would come up that needed to be taken care of immediately, would contact the owner as I had been instructed to, with no response, either way too late, or even never. I have even had her clients call me directly looking for answers, and why was the owner not answering their calls and/or emails. I never once "bashed" the owner to her clients. This was her business, and if she didnt take care of her clients, that would be her fault, not mine.

I hated to leave TTD, but after unreconcilable differences that were beyond my control, I really had no choice.

I do realize that some MTs that post about this company are doing so out of anger, retribution, etc. But I feel some are posting with legitimate complaints. I do not wish TTD, its owner or its ICs any ill-will. I hope they can continue to come together and work on issues as they arise. I had not posted anything until now as I felt it would have been bad timing on my part as I might have been bitter about the breakup of friendships and business relationship and I didnt want to say anything that I would regret or was distasteful.

My point: THere are always two sides to every story, and not everyone is always 100% right. There is fault on every hand, whether a little or a lot. I do have emails to back up what I have posted, but it would be distasetful to "bash" the owner in that since by posting them here. She will have her side of the story, and I will have mine. But from what I'm hearing in the business, either here or elsewhere, others are coming to the same conclusion I did about the way the owner is conducting her business. I hope she will reconcile the differences with those she is wronged, and her business will continue to flourish and grow, for her sake, as well as the sake of all those involved.
Jaerae, you're misconstruing what I said. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't even work for TTD. I was addressing your comment in your post in which you said: "So what your saying is that if more than 1 (i.e. as little as 2) MTs bash a company, than it is a bad company." When you reference more than 1, as little as 2, you're practically asking for 100% satisfaction or otherwise it's bashing? That's why I asked why so many consider it "bashing" when 1 or 2 people at companies of 100, 200, sometimes 2000 MTs voice their bad experiences.

I'm not saying everyone has bad experiences or that every company is bad. It's just so tiring reading the stereotyping of bad experiences as bashing. And I don't for a minute believe it is just 1 or 2 of the same people posting over and over, especially when you read the letters to the editor at Advance magazine. These writers give their names and they work with different companies, but they still seem to experience the same problems. A lot of these same issues are industry wide. So I don't see how it could be construed as "bashing a company."

jaerae - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
"Damages" have to be proven; the truth is an absolute affirmative defense to libel, slander, and defamation.

Ha! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The moderator will not stop them from posting ads, because not paying is not an important issue. However, I post a simple question on here just asking which companies use the Emdat InScribe platform and that gets removed. The posts they allow on this board and the ones they don't make absolutely no sense to me!

Similar Messages:

TTD, Inc. (The Transcription Doctors, Inc.)
Oct 25, 2009

If anyone knows any kind of info at all for this company I would love to hear from you. I am supposed to be talking to someone tomorrow from this company and I would love to know if they are legit. Thanks so much! ...

Transcription Doctors Inc.
Jan 20, 2010

Has anyone worked with this company before, not seen much posted for them, is that good or bad? ...

The Transcription Doctors
Feb 20, 2010

I can't find a dang thing in the archives about this company.  HELP.  Thanks everyone. ...

Transcription Doctors TTD
Feb 21, 2010

To the poster who posted below looking for information on TTD.  They don't have their own accounts.  They work for Superior Global and maybe others.  Superior pays them to find ICs.  They probably pay them 4 cpl and then TTD pays you a cruddy 3 cpl to edit VR reports.  They don't offer direct deposit because Superior is paying them and then they pay you, which is why you have to wait a month for your check.   I would never work for a company that is just bascially an agency hir ...

The Transcription Doctors TTD
Jun 29, 2010

I accidentally posted this on the main board too so sorry for the repeat post. I saw a post here that TTD was a bad company to work for. I recently graduated form CS and I have been looking for a job for the past 2 weeks. TTD offered me a job without doing any testing and I thought that was odd. I really want to gain experience since but I don't want to work for a horrible place. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

The Transcription Doctors - TTD
Jun 29, 2010

I have gone through the past several months and I saw one post about The Transcription Doctors being a bad company to work for. I was wondering if anyone has had a good experience or if they are all still bad comments. I just recently graduated from CS and I have been looking for jobs for a while. I was offered the job at TTD without doing any testing and I just thought it was odd. I just want to gain experience but Im nervous to work there after what I have read. Any input would be greatl ...

W2 From Transcription Doctors?
Feb 05, 2011

I was an IC for TTD for about 6 months.  Has anyone gotten their W2 from them yet? (the one in California).  Thanks! ...

Transcription Doctors -How Often Is Pay?
Feb 18, 2011

Do you have to work a month before getting your first check at Transcription Doctors? How frequently do they pay?  Do they offer direct deposit?  Thanks ...

TTD (The Transcription Doctors)
Aug 01, 2011

PLEASE BE ADVISED---THIS ACCOUNT PROMISES WORK, BUT RUNS OUT OF IT VERY FAST.  THEY ONLY WILL LET YOU WORK ON ONE ACCOUNT AT A TIME UNTIL YOU ARE RELEASED.  YOU WILL MAKE NO MONEY!!!! ...

The Transcription Doctors.
Oct 06, 2011

I am intersted in some current info on this company. I have read the archives and just want to check and see from any current employees if their payroll issues are resolved.  Also, info on platform, dicitators, etc. Thank you! ...

The Transcription Doctors Don't Pay?
Nov 03, 2011

Aren't they the ones who don't pay? I've seen something in the past about this. ...

Transcription Doctors?
Feb 28, 2012

I recently applied with Transcription Doctors and almost immediately recieved a "new hire packet." I spent hours filling out all of the paperwork and now recieve no response, via email or phone, from either of the contact points! Does anyone out there either work for them, or have this same issue? Thanks so much! ...

Transcription Doctors Or TTD
Mar 02, 2012

Does anyone have any info on Transcription Doctors or TTD, Inc.  I sent a resume and received a ton of new hire paperwork, but no description about the job or even a phone call, just watch a video and start working.  I see they have tons of job postings so I am weary there will be enough work or if there is work actually.  There are a lot of red flags so I thought I would check before I spent the effort.  Thanks. ...

Transcription Doctors - Yay-Nay
Mar 17, 2012

Just wondering about them ...

The Transcription Doctors (TTD)
May 09, 2012

Does anyone have any opinions about working with TTD?  I am looking for the good, bad, or indifferent.  I have seen their ads and was thinking about applying to work with them.  Any opinions would be great.  I have search the archives, but would like to get some current info.  Thanks! ...

The Transcription Doctors - Good Or Bad?
Jan 13, 2010

Has anyone heard anything about this company? Good or bad? ...

Anyone Heard Of Transcription Doctors
Feb 02, 2010

Anyone heard of Transcription Doctors and if so, does anyone have an information on them? ...

Transcription Doctors Is Always Advertising. How Are
Feb 15, 2010

nm ...

Has Anyone Actually Gotten Paid By TDD (Transcription Doctors)? Sm
Feb 23, 2010

Not that it makes much difference  with the pitiful amount I was able to make at what they were paying, but over 6 weeks for a lousy pay check?  Geez!  Could it be they are one of those preditory MT rip-off joints?   ...

What's Wrong With Transcription Doctors
Mar 03, 2010

What's wrong with Transcription Doctors? They advertise way too much for help. I heard they pay every 30 days. Other than that, what is wrong with this company? ...

Does Anyone Work For The Transcription Doctors
Mar 05, 2010

Are they a good company to work for? ...

The Transcription Doctors Pay Schedule
Mar 15, 2010

I started working for them over 6 weeks ago and have NOT gotten paid YET.  I know there has been discussion that that happens but we're going on almost 2 months now and nothing.  I've emailed and gotten no response, yet still get the emails about "A... backlog still critical!" and so on.  I'm only working for them until I find something else MUCH MUCH better (and that pays!!).  Unfortunately, I did not read anything about their questionable payment methods befo ...

Transcription Doctors Are Hiring
Aug 01, 2010

at a whopping 3 cpl.  Don't everybody rush at the same time to apply.  What is that about 5 bucks an hour??  Pathetic. ...

Transcription Doctors Offering 2.5 VR. Can You Believe That.
Jun 17, 2011

Now they got it down to 2.5 for VR.  Unbelievable. ...

The Transcription Doctors - Are You Kidding?
Jun 17, 2011

They have an ad on this site hiring at 8 cents and 3 cents for straight typing and editing.  But, on another site, they have an ad for the same exact thing but the pay is 7 cents for straight typing and 2.5 cents for editing!  Are you kidding?!?!?!?!  I hope no one applies for that job, even if you are desperate! So glad I am getting out of this line of slave work.  ...

Does Anyone Know Why Transcription Doctors Is Contantly
Nov 07, 2010

insight or information appreciated.  I thought of applying but they seem to run the same ad every 6-8 weeks or so?  TIA for any info. ...

Transcription Doctors. They Are Always Hiring And
Nov 21, 2010

with a sense of urgency.  Are they really that busy?  Can anyone share their experience with them?  TIA ...

Transcription Doctors Are Always Hiring?
Jan 18, 2011

Does anybody know why they are always hiring?  What is going on over there that no one stays?  Anybody who works there or has worked there and left any insight on this would be appreciated.  Thanks!! ...

Transcription Doctors....anyone Apply?
Feb 08, 2011

Did anyone apply to them?  If you did, have you heard back yet? ...

Transcription Doctors Info
Feb 09, 2011

Anyone work for the transcription doctors?  Are they a good company? ...