A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Mobile Assist info - curious

Posted: Apr 20, 2013

Was offered a job by this company but once they sent the email requesting all of my personal information, I felt uncomfortable sending my information to them. I know that is normal when you are hired for a position but the way they went about it, and the amount of information they required, copies of things, etc., plus wanting access to my computer immediately, but a work start date of more than a month away - made me just question sending my info to them, so I didn't.  Does anyone know anything about them?  Did I miss out on a great opportunity?

mobile assist - katrina

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I was offered a job by them too but I didn't think the pay was that high, the days off they gave you were unpaid and the insurance was BC/BS which what I have heard doesn't have greatest reputation and there wasn't any other benefits, so I stayed with company I am with. It sounds honestly like a legitimate company. I think they hire in spurts like one month to the next so I wouldn't think anything about waiting until next month to get hired. If I hadn't had the job I currently have I probably would have went for it, but I just didn't think the line rate was that high. They are a financial company so I guess they would want legitimate people, maybe why they want all of that background info on people.

mobile assist - hiring in spurts - curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I also wondered WHY they hire in spurts. Is the work/pay so bad that they have to hire new people every month?

mobile assist - katrina

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, it's not as bad as speech pay, I don't think. It's 6 cpl and you are on an employee basis. Some templated info is like 3 cpl but then you get an additional 15 lines with the templated pay or something like that. So no, I didn't think it was all that bad. I wouldn't know why they hire monthly. If I hadn't had the other work, I might have went for it. I was just hoping that maybe the pay was better than it was. It is employee status. You are not IC.
Mobile Assistant - Darkhorse
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them long enough to be trained...they were SUPER NICE, only a few people to deal with, not a mega-company. Tell you the truth, I just did not like that type of transcription (financial, lots of memos, e-mails and office notes) a huge sheaf of expressions and abbreviations to utilize..very picky QA... but probably great if you like that sort of thing. The platform was pretty good too. Not a bad company at all.

Similar Messages:

Assist Med
Aug 08, 2013

Has anybody worked for this company?  What was your experience?  Was there plenty of work?  Was the pay decent?  Thanks for anything you can tell me.  ...

Cough Assist
May 17, 2010

I'm transcribing a rehab H&P and they use the term Cough Assist a lot. It came in thru ESC as cough assist, but I'm finding that it's CoughAssist or Cough Assist, trademarked, on a lot of hits on Google. Does anyone know if it's supposed to be upper case or lower case? The sentence is "Continue with cough assist b.i.d." ...

ADLs Were S/l Men-assist?
Sep 28, 2011

Admission H&P under present illness: Their evaluations note she was not _____ (s/l assist) for bed mobility, _____ (s/l men-assist) were transferred, basic ADL were _____, dressings were _____ and she ambulated 15 feet with _____ slow, shuffling steps to gait. Sounds like she is saying men-assist but I am not familiar with term.  Any help? ...

Assist Med Testing
Mar 31, 2012

Does anyone know the missing word from dictation #4298?? Treatment began with passive mobilization of the left knee which included static stretching and flexion and extension. He received posterior or post ?? of the tibia. ...

No Good In Math, Please Assist Me
Nov 21, 2013

found to be about one and a half to one and three quarters. How to write in numbers?? Thanks. ...

Drug: S/l Assist-toe-seat-a-leen
Nov 28, 2009

The patient was placed on 20-hour infusion of _____ per infusion protocol.  S/L assist-toe-seat-a-leen. ...

Mobile Internet
Sep 12, 2012

I am going to need mobile internet access to work. Sprint has a mobile hotspot for $50 a month that gives you 6 GB of data. I have no idea how many GB I use working. Has anyone ever used a hotspot for working and how did it turn out? Thanks ...

Mobile Transcription
Sep 28, 2012

Hello: I have been given the opportunity to travel with my husband.  I was wondering if there are other MT who travel with their spouses.  What internet connections do you use?   We are looking into Mobile Hot spots, but I am afraid that with the large / high volume account I have, we will run into usage overages.   Please let me know what you all think.   Thanks!  ...

Mobile Hotspots
Oct 20, 2013

I am jumping back into the workforce and need to work using a mobile hotspot, preferably a prepaid one. Does anyone work using a mobile hotspot and if so, which one and how much is it? Is it even possible to use a mobile hotspot for transcription being you need so much data? Thanks! Amy ...

Anyone Know Anything About Mobile Assistant Inc
Oct 07, 2014

Any info would be helpful. ...

Looking For Laptop Suggestions. I Want To Be More Mobile
Mar 21, 2011

I'm wondering which laptop to buy, so I am looking for MT consumer reports!  I want a bigger screen, not one of those net books with tiny screens! ...

Mobile Broadband Internet
Mar 30, 2011

Does anyone work from a mobile broadband internet?  Looking at land to build a home and that is only internet available through my cell phone, wireless modem - have always worked via cable - anyone know anything about this - maximum usage 5 GB a month. ...

Been Thinking About Getting A Laptop To Be More Mobile
Sep 30, 2011

Been thinking about getting a laptop to be more mobile.  Any suggestions about type and special features would be appreciated. ...

Mobile Assistant US Transcription
Nov 08, 2011

Curious about a company by the name of US Transcription who also do Mobile Assistant. Has anyone ever heard of them or worked for them? ...

Mobile Assistant - Does Anyone Work?
Jan 22, 2014

Does anyone work as a Mobile Assistant?  I am wanting to find out approximate range of pay before applying. Thanks :) ...

Anyone Heard Of Mobile Assistant ?
Dec 02, 2014

Wondering if anyone has heard of or works for mobile assistant out of Wisconsin. Experiences? ...

Netzero Mobile Broadband -- Okay To Use?
Dec 06, 2014

I want to get off the Comcast merry-go-round. Will netzero mobile broadband be do-able? If not, can anyone suggest an alternative to using these big companies? Thanks very much. ...

REASONABLY PRICED MOBILE INTERNET DEVICE
Jun 11, 2010

I used to have a Verizon USB for my internet backup and to use on trips.  It was $60.00 a month.  Does any one know of a cheaper USB/air card internet service for traveling with my laptop and working?  Thanks. ...

Bose MIE2 Mobile Headset?
Jan 09, 2013

Wondering if anyone has tried these Bose headphones and if they are worth the price and if they really make a big difference.  Thinking of getting some.  My work will reimburse me for them if I get them from my account they have set up for us for stuff like that up to a certain amount but I still want to make sure it's worth it for that much.  I know Bose is a very good brand, as several years ago, we had a Bose stereo and the sound was so great.  Just wondering about th ...

Mobile Assistant Transcription Company
Mar 17, 2014

I sent a resume to several jobs from the MT Jobs search and was sent a test for this company.  Has anyone ever worked here before or is currently employed.  If so, could you tell me about them. ...

Mobile Assistant - Financial And Insurance Transcription?
Mar 26, 2013

Has anyone worked for Mobile Assistant, a company that has financial and insurance transcription? If so, what was your experience like with this company?  Thanks. ...

Mobile Assistant - Want Me To Update My Operating System To Windows 8
Aug 09, 2013

Hi, I am being offered a job at Mobile Assistant, but they want me to update my operating system to Windows 8 and I cannot afford this, but if they are worth it, I might consider.  Does anyone know anything about this company? are they worth it? P.S. I am in desparate need of a job. ...

In An Effort To Assist MedQuist Posters -- SM
Jan 09, 2010

Please see the sticky note at the top of the MedQuist forum.  I have researched information for you to give you some direction.  There are contact instructions/leads on the web pages at the links given.  Please do not contact MTStars for more information.  Contact your local employment office (now called the Department of Workforce Services) for more information. Moderator   ...

Anyone Know What "mopped Assist" Is When Translated From ASR To English?
Nov 26, 2010

YOU GUESSED IT!!!   Hemoptysis.... HaHaHa..... ...

S/l "med-assist" Hemodialysis?
Nov 30, 2009

doctor says end stage renal disease on "med-assist" hemodialysis and she has tolerated her hemodialysis... ...

It Was A Pleasure To Assist In Ms. **Thomas's Care Or Ms. Thomas' Care". This Gets M
Dec 15, 2009

x ...

Info On Accentus US Ambulatory? Is It Associated With Nuance? Any Info Appreciated. NmNm
Feb 18, 2014

Xx ...

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO ON GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jan 10, 2010

Looking for information about Global Info Systems.  Can anyone telll me anythihng about them.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Have Info/work For Global Info In Texas???
Jul 04, 2012

Need to know any info ASAP on I think its called Global Info Systems or something like that out of Texas. Lots of clinic work, but low low line rate offered. Need to know about management, stability, VR reality, workload, response from tech support, etc. Also, are these clinics in India? Thanks for any help! ...

If You Can't Get Course Info Without Leaving Info So They Can Call/spam You
Sep 12, 2012

It isn't easy to get off some of the spam and phone call lists when you click for more information about some of these courses. I've found that for me, it isn't worth it to get that information if I am giving up my privacy. Some of these people are relentless! You can't get away from them once they get your information. There is one in particular that makes sure you hear from them every day in one form or another. They become your best friend, even if you weren't lookin ...