A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Drug: s/l assist-toe-seat-a-leen - MeMe

Posted: Nov 28, 2009

The patient was placed on 20-hour infusion of _____ per infusion protocol.  S/L assist-toe-seat-a-leen.

Does it sound like N-acetylcysteine ? No/mess - KJ

[ In Reply To ..]

n/m

Nope. It sounds just this: acysto-seat-uh-leen. - MeMe

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for trying. Sounds like acysto-seat-uh-leen.

acetylcysteine. I think it is this drug and he is mispronouncing it. - MeMe

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks to all who helped. I will submit a blank to be safe.

infusion - question

[ In Reply To ..]
what is it for? What is the diagnosis?

Dianosis: Pediatric patient. Acetaminophen toxicity and elevated LFT. - MeMe

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks.

infusion - website

[ In Reply To ..]
here is a website for toxicity treatment in pediatric patients.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1008683-treatment

Similar Messages:

Patient With Possible Sleep Apnea. He Does Have A History Of S/l (ko-leen-al A-tree-sha.
Jan 09, 2010

Thanks!!! ...

Seed Or Seat
Dec 09, 2009

During cardiac cath, the guide would not seat well?  or seed well? ...

We're In The Driver's Seat, So Why Aren't We Driving?
May 21, 2015

A national work stoppage of 2 days would be sufficient to arrest the downward spiral and bring MTSOs to a bargaining position.  So, why hasn't it happened? I guarantee you that none of the horrible consequences that you might believe would happen would occur.   ...

Assist Med
Aug 08, 2013

Has anybody worked for this company?  What was your experience?  Was there plenty of work?  Was the pay decent?  Thanks for anything you can tell me.  ...

Cough Assist
May 17, 2010

I'm transcribing a rehab H&P and they use the term Cough Assist a lot. It came in thru ESC as cough assist, but I'm finding that it's CoughAssist or Cough Assist, trademarked, on a lot of hits on Google. Does anyone know if it's supposed to be upper case or lower case? The sentence is "Continue with cough assist b.i.d." ...

ADLs Were S/l Men-assist?
Sep 28, 2011

Admission H&P under present illness: Their evaluations note she was not _____ (s/l assist) for bed mobility, _____ (s/l men-assist) were transferred, basic ADL were _____, dressings were _____ and she ambulated 15 feet with _____ slow, shuffling steps to gait. Sounds like she is saying men-assist but I am not familiar with term.  Any help? ...

Assist Med Testing
Mar 31, 2012

Does anyone know the missing word from dictation #4298?? Treatment began with passive mobilization of the left knee which included static stretching and flexion and extension. He received posterior or post ?? of the tibia. ...

Mobile Assist Info
Apr 20, 2013

Was offered a job by this company but once they sent the email requesting all of my personal information, I felt uncomfortable sending my information to them. I know that is normal when you are hired for a position but the way they went about it, and the amount of information they required, copies of things, etc., plus wanting access to my computer immediately, but a work start date of more than a month away - made me just question sending my info to them, so I didn't.  ...

No Good In Math, Please Assist Me
Nov 21, 2013

found to be about one and a half to one and three quarters. How to write in numbers?? Thanks. ...

Listed Under Supplement/herbals ... S/l "leb A Tress Seat A"
Oct 25, 2012

? ...

MVA. Back Seat Passenger. No LOC And S/l Not "stemmed"?? Nm
Oct 21, 2009

nm ...

In An Effort To Assist MedQuist Posters -- SM
Jan 09, 2010

Please see the sticky note at the top of the MedQuist forum.  I have researched information for you to give you some direction.  There are contact instructions/leads on the web pages at the links given.  Please do not contact MTStars for more information.  Contact your local employment office (now called the Department of Workforce Services) for more information. Moderator   ...

Anyone Know What "mopped Assist" Is When Translated From ASR To English?
Nov 26, 2010

YOU GUESSED IT!!!   Hemoptysis.... HaHaHa..... ...

Anyone Heard Of A Drug That S/L *Absion Or Apsion*? It Is In The Drug List...
Mar 01, 2010

nm ...

S/l "med-assist" Hemodialysis?
Nov 30, 2009

doctor says end stage renal disease on "med-assist" hemodialysis and she has tolerated her hemodialysis... ...

It Was A Pleasure To Assist In Ms. **Thomas's Care Or Ms. Thomas' Care". This Gets M
Dec 15, 2009

x ...

Drug S/l Ah Pos
Oct 14, 2009

I am looking for a drug that s/l ah pos.  I found APO, but that is usually for Parkinson's which the pt does not have.  He does have CAD, CHF, t2 diabetes, hypothyroidism, hypercholesterolemia, PVD, MI, pneumonia.  Any ideas?  ...

Drug Name Help?
Nov 06, 2009

Three drug names...   She takes medication including Naprosyn and butalapap without any codeine. She was taking Aleve over the counter as needed and using her Leoprime loosely. The last one is just listen in medications taken,.. Utotalac ... he says it like U-total-lac. ...

Drug Help Please!
Jan 05, 2010

In the ER, patient with asthma had s/l "serol," albuterol, Atrovent nebulized treatments. TIA!! ...

Drug Help Please . . .
Jan 07, 2010

Sounds like "Hyoxymin"  I cannot find a thing.  Any clues? ...

Drug Help
Feb 20, 2010

S/l "soderal"  14 mg before dialysis.  I checked sotalol and thats not it.  Any ideas?? ...

Drug Help - Please Sm
Apr 12, 2010

s/l Cindamin capsules 30's 100 mg one daily.  Patient has a history of DM, vulvular cancer, heart disease, chronic headaches, glaucoma, blindness, chronic bronchitis, heart murmur, history of heart attack, hepatitis and anemia.  My first thought is cinnamon.   ...

Drug Help - S/l Or-an-kis
Apr 19, 2010

Patient has past medical history of allergies, tinnitus, Frey's syndrome, hypothyroidism, mitral valve prolapse, SVT, Raynaud's, scoliosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia and chronic low back pain.  Thanks for any help. ...

Name Of Drug
May 17, 2010

Anyone familiar with what s/l Hymox, Hiamox, Himox, etc. etc.  I thought the doc was dictating an antibiotic - then later s/l he said to use it p.r.n.- so not clear.  At any rate, the sound of it was clear as I put above.  Any help much appreciated. ...

Need Help With A Drug Name.
Jun 27, 2010

I have looked for this drug all over the place online and I can't find anything that even comes close to it.  This patient was admitted to the ICU for hyperkalemia and was put on an insulin-glucose infusion as well as Lasix to bring his potassium down.  Then the doctor adds that he was also placed on s/l "kxlyte" to further help control it.  He says that word twice and it sounds the same both times.  Does anyone have any ideas? ...

Drug Name Help.
Aug 03, 2010

I'm stuck on a medication for a patient that has Raynaud's, polymyalgia rheumatica, osteoarthritis, cataracts, and anxiety.  It sounds like the doctor is saying "Circulair" or "Circular" 50 mg daily.  The patient is also on prednisone, Imitrex, and Ambien.  Does anyone have any ideas?  It doesn't sound like Singulair. ...

Drug S/l Cor-pan-o-lol 10 Mg. Does Not Say What It's Used For.
Aug 16, 2010

x ...

Drug Name Help/ty, But Not It
Aug 21, 2010

Avapro good answer but I don't think that is it. It s/l "SR" or effor. I am beginning to think there is an error skip or something. I am going to have to leave it blank. ...

Drug Name Help Please.
Aug 29, 2010

She does have a history of Sjören’s disease for which she has been under treatment for a number of years.  She takes ___.  s/l flack-lo- nil or plack-lo-nil   Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

S/l M-tek (drug)
Sep 13, 2010

managing her pain and symptoms, and she suffers minimal side-effects from these. She takes the occasional M-tek, but is not taking them regularly, although she has needed to use them more frequently over the last month.     ...