A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MDI/Transcend-The silence is deafening.... - LL

Posted: Jan 29, 2010

Transition date is MONDAY.   I really expected to be bombarded by emails this week from the powers that be with transition details, expectations, reassurance that things are going smoothly, as planned, etc., or at the very least a little rah, rah, sis-boom-bah, go team type stuff.  Unless said emails are inadvertantly missing me, there has been nothing but SILENCE from MDI and Transcend other than the occasional brow beating about TAT and time sheet training.  Weird.

See post immediately below yours - Hmmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
Scary.

I'm glad there is no news. Ever heard of - No News is Good News? NO MSG

[ In Reply To ..]
no message

Boy, people at MDI must have been treated like gold - with all the squawking the past few months!

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess I have been with Transcend long enough to not like it, but to just accept it all. I have never seen this many posts come out of any previous merger they did.

Yes, I believe we were :( - LL

[ In Reply To ..]
Working for MDI has never been anything but a positive experience for me all the way around. Except for the normal holiday slow downs, there was always enough work, schedules were super flexible (and I don't remember TAT having to be mentioned much, if ever). I also don't ever remember thinking management was being unfair about anything, playing games or lying to us. It was wonderful. Truly.

LL - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, it was wonderful back in the day when they were truly patriotic and would not offshore, etc. They really treated us well and I appreciated them. Not sure what I think about Transcend.

we're big girls (or boys); should not need constant reassurance. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
We had plenty of questions and answers in the early going. I'm sure we'll get what we need as we need it. Relax.

we're all big girls (or boys) - Just Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I am just curious if you ever saw the play HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING? The line you are selling reminds me of the song "I play it the company way......."

Similar Messages:

The Silence Is Deafening At Medscribe
Jul 19, 2012

Does anyone know what is going on? No work, then work, then no work. Accounts disappearing. No answer as to why there is no work. Something doesn't feel right. ...

Silence
Feb 10, 2015

And here starts another week of silence.  I can go several weeks where I am hounded with emails and then nothing, silence, no backlog, no audits, no pretty little graphs, nothing.  I'm not sure which is worse.   ...

In ASR - Minimum Silence Length?
Mar 23, 2011

I checked the accelerate silence playback box in options.  Underneath the box is a scale of 5 seconds to 30 seconds (minimum silence length) - what does this mean?  What is the best setting to go with the accelerated silence playback - am confused.  Thanks. ...

Strange Silence This Morning
Jul 14, 2014

Has anyone heard anything from their boss about yesterday? Normally there are backlog updates and such first thing. I could hear a pin drop this morning. Not due to work today, so haven't checked anything else. ...

Ugh, I Wonder Why We Have Been On 'radio Silence' For DAYS Now.
Mar 30, 2015

x ...

Escription Play Silence Feature
May 18, 2015

Is there supposed to be a red line through the speaker or not if you want to play the silences? They are telling me both ways at my job and personally I can't hear a difference whenever I test it. Thank you, Jan ...

Do You Transcribe In Silence Or Do You Prefer Many "goings On" Around?
Jun 07, 2015

I notice so many who talk about doctors dictating with kids screaming in the background, docs talking to other docs, alarms going off, etc.    It got me thinking about when I first started out.  I had to have absolute silence.  Kids had to be in bed, hubby gone, TV off, etc.   My gf said, "NO WAY!  Turn on the TV!  You have to get used to hearing other things going on so you don't restrict yourself to only being able to transcribe in absolute silence." &n ...

Anyone Else Experiencing "radio Silence" From...s/m
Jul 24, 2014

the alphabet soup folks (HDS, PC, etc)? Have not heard a peep from them about anything, and, for awhile, every day we were getting updates and stats, etc. Just curious. ...

VR At Transcend
Nov 18, 2009

Did VR develop Alzheimer's?  It has lost everything.  I am tired of no commas, periods, and everything else it reverted back to since its infancy.  It is really true that now you can transcribe faster than you can edit.  Does anyone even care?  Do you know how many times you have to stop in the middle of labs to put in punctuation?   This has been going on for over a month and I haven't noticed any big push to get it fixed.  Just another way to m ...

MDI/Transcend Pay For ULD? M
Feb 01, 2010

Does anyone remember in the conference calls, mention of MDI/Transcend paying for unlimited long distance phone charges for employees?  I remember this being mentioned but can't recall all the details;  if it was for FT only, everyone, etc.  Does anyone remember details and if that still stands? ...

To MDI/Transcend MTs : Is Anyone Else
Feb 01, 2010

work today?  ...

Transcend TLs ??
Feb 08, 2010

I am curious as to if the TLs are meeting their requirements.  They are expected to type 75-80% of their time and get paid by the line as well .  I am very suspicious that they are not typing VR all day, having their work sent to India, etc, and are getting the straight typing.  They get paid a flat fee per month for their administrative duties on top of that.  I wonder if they are experiencing no work and looking at a blank screen most of their time& ...

Transcend MTs
Mar 03, 2010

n/m ...

Is There More Than One Transcend? I See Their
Mar 19, 2010

job ad on the Seeker's board and it sounds like a place I would like to work.  I work for a company also called Transcend, but they are not a place that I would recommend to anyone.  I haven't worked all week as there has been no work.  Just NJA. So maybe this Transcend is in a parallel universe.  It certainly could not be the same place where I'm employed.  ...

About Transcend
Mar 28, 2010

I have read dozens of posts on the board about Transcend, some good and a lot not so good.  However, I think there is an explanation for some MTs loving it there and others hating it so much. Transcend is a company made up of many other companies through mergers. The original Transcend who existed first, before acquiring other companies seems to be the problem.  On the other hand, for example MDI/Transcend, for the most part does not seem to fit that description. You have to remember ...

VR With Transcend?
Apr 21, 2010

I'm coming to the realization that unless I get faster with editing these VR reports, I am never going to be able to make the full-time production requirements at Transcend.  I'm really freaking out.  Is it really possible to do 300 lines per hour in VR?  How long does it take to get faster with it?    ...

Want To See What Our Value Is To Transcend?
May 19, 2010

Google Star Clip Itz Note Holder w/ Metal Rod & Alligator Clip to see exactly how much it cost Transcend per MT for this gift that bears so much thought and appreciation.  Do they really not realize how it affects their corporate image when their priority is placed on spending $600,000+ on a failed business venture versus the amount spent to "appreciate" the motor that makes their business run?  That's like spending more than a half million dollars to buy a garage to hous ...

Transcend....yet Again
Jun 05, 2010

I was with the company for over five years, not once failing to meet the requirements of me yet I was told my position would have to change to 2nd or 3rd shift if I wanted to keep my job as there were no positions available for 1st shift.  Two days after resigning I see they are hiring for 1st shift positions on a typing only platform which is what I wanted. I just don't get it. ...

Transcend Cpl
Jun 17, 2010

Our company was bought by Transcend and will start working for them in August.  Can anyone tell me what their starting line rate is or their average cpl. ...

Transcend Pay
Jun 25, 2011

Could someone please tell me what it is possible to be earning in say 3 months at Transcend? VR and straight typing? I am trying to make an important decision, and you never know the true pay, what to expect in advance, how long to get highly productive, etc. Thanks in advance. ...

Transcend/DTS
Jun 25, 2011

Did anyone else get the memo from Transcend (soon to take over from DTS) about the line rate change for the transitioning employees from DTS?  It was elegantly written, but basically it said that when the accounts are switched over the VR that the line rates will decrease but productivity will increase and no cut in pay is expected.  It is happening exactly how the posters on this board that have been through takeovers by Transcend said - decreased pay. I gave my notice already BT ...

OSI And Transcend
Aug 17, 2010

Hi everyone, I am new to this board and I have a question, does anyone know anything about Transcend or OSI, how about AllType??  Thank you  ...

Wmx - Transcend
Sep 02, 2010

It has been mentioned that Wmx has lost 2 large accounts that is the reason for people being let go.  Transcend has mentioned in the last few months about acquiring a new large account in September.  Was at least one of these 2 large accounts, if not both, acquired by Transcend??? ...

Transcend And TTS
Sep 17, 2010

I have a phone interview with Transcend out of Atlanta and TTS out of New Hampshire today and next week. I've been working for the same MT company for over 8 years, but they're losing accounts and cutting our pay so I'm looking to possibly change jobs. Has anyone worked for Transcend or TTS? I'm scared to death to change jobs at this point. I know the problems and shortcomings of my current company. I switched jobs once before for a few months and found that all the promises ...

Thank You Transcend!!!
Dec 20, 2010

Thank you Transcend for the gift card! ...

MDI/Transcend W2's
Jan 29, 2011

Received Transcend's, but not MDIs.  Didnt we work for MDI until February so we should get a W2 from MDI as well...correct?  TIA ...

Transcend W-2
Jan 31, 2011

Has anyone received their W-2 from Transcend? ...

What Is Going On With DTS/Transcend?
Apr 06, 2011

Transcend was supposed to take over on 04/01/2011, but I have heard nothing from anyone - no emails, nothing.  I am still getting work though.  Any news? ...

Transcend - How Big??
Jun 08, 2011

Anyone know how many MTs?  At least number in US? ...

Transcend ?
Aug 19, 2011

Is it plausible that an MT here can make line count/quota, whatever they call it, reliably? Do you have steady work?  Just curious as I'm thinking of applying. ...