A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

in ASR - minimum silence length? - Ang

Posted: Mar 23, 2011

I checked the accelerate silence playback box in options.  Underneath the box is a scale of 5 seconds to 30 seconds (minimum silence length) - what does this mean?  What is the best setting to go with the accelerated silence playback - am confused.  Thanks.

ASR silence - a1typist

[ In Reply To ..]
In my area we were asked to not use any of these functions until the broken header issue was fixed. Hopefully, this is company wide because I use many of the features.

Mine is set at 5 seconds - The setting is for

[ In Reply To ..]
the amount of silence you want before the acceleration kicks in.

In my case, after 5 seconds of silence, the acceleration kicks in, which makes it go much faster so you can get through the parts with dead air much faster. You can set it longer if you want, but it is up to you.

Thanks to both for the responses - no other message - Ang

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Last Job 22 Minutes In Length And Only
Aug 02, 2011

73 freakin' lines because of the way the dictator did.  Very slow, lots of stopping and dead air, repeating himself.  In fact, he dictated the Impression 5 times and would say correction and start over.  He even had the nerve to laugh and snicker and said "to start over again".  Wish I could reach through the computer, down all lines to wherever the **** this jerk is and rip his tonsils out by hand without anesthesia. ARG.  Glad I'm done!  And he is a ESL ...

Correct Way To Type 1/2-inch Leg Length...
Apr 07, 2010

is this the correct way to type 1/2-inch leg length discrepancy?   She has a 1/2-inch leg length discrepancy with the right leg being shorter than the left.   tia. ...

Average Length Of Line Question
Apr 15, 2010

Can all IC and empolyee MT's weigh in on this. Is the average line figured on 65 characters? Does anyone charge the "old" way where a line is a line,  regardless of how many characters it has? Thanks in advance! ...

Auditors - What's The Maximum Length Of A Report You Process?
Apr 15, 2014

When you're pulling reports to audit, how long is too long?   ...

Silence
Feb 10, 2015

And here starts another week of silence.  I can go several weeks where I am hounded with emails and then nothing, silence, no backlog, no audits, no pretty little graphs, nothing.  I'm not sure which is worse.   ...

MDI/Transcend-The Silence Is Deafening....
Jan 29, 2010

Transition date is MONDAY.   I really expected to be bombarded by emails this week from the powers that be with transition details, expectations, reassurance that things are going smoothly, as planned, etc., or at the very least a little rah, rah, sis-boom-bah, go team type stuff.  Unless said emails are inadvertantly missing me, there has been nothing but SILENCE from MDI and Transcend other than the occasional brow beating about TAT and time sheet training.  Weird ...

The Silence Is Deafening At Medscribe
Jul 19, 2012

Does anyone know what is going on? No work, then work, then no work. Accounts disappearing. No answer as to why there is no work. Something doesn't feel right. ...

Strange Silence This Morning
Jul 14, 2014

Has anyone heard anything from their boss about yesterday? Normally there are backlog updates and such first thing. I could hear a pin drop this morning. Not due to work today, so haven't checked anything else. ...

Ugh, I Wonder Why We Have Been On 'radio Silence' For DAYS Now.
Mar 30, 2015

x ...

Escription Play Silence Feature
May 18, 2015

Is there supposed to be a red line through the speaker or not if you want to play the silences? They are telling me both ways at my job and personally I can't hear a difference whenever I test it. Thank you, Jan ...

Do You Transcribe In Silence Or Do You Prefer Many "goings On" Around?
Jun 07, 2015

I notice so many who talk about doctors dictating with kids screaming in the background, docs talking to other docs, alarms going off, etc.    It got me thinking about when I first started out.  I had to have absolute silence.  Kids had to be in bed, hubby gone, TV off, etc.   My gf said, "NO WAY!  Turn on the TV!  You have to get used to hearing other things going on so you don't restrict yourself to only being able to transcribe in absolute silence." &n ...

Anyone Else Experiencing "radio Silence" From...s/m
Jul 24, 2014

the alphabet soup folks (HDS, PC, etc)? Have not heard a peep from them about anything, and, for awhile, every day we were getting updates and stats, etc. Just curious. ...

New LPH Minimum
Dec 04, 2014

New (converted) LPH minimum is 100. Which means 200 lph if you do mostly editing. ...

Minimum Lph.
Apr 01, 2015

Does anyone know what the minimum lph is now? ...

Minimum Lines Per Day
Jan 11, 2010

I asked this question already on the company board, but I ask it also on this board: What do companies do if an MT turns in 98% accurate work, or above, but does not transcribe the minimum lines per day, as an employee? Does this MT always get fired, or how do companies handle this? TIA ...

What Happens When You Get Less Than Minimum Wage?
Mar 14, 2010

I'm worried if I suffer another .03 cent decrease I may drop below minimum wage.  How do we indicate that to somebody?  Is it calculated per pay period - or what? ...

Minimum Requirements?
Apr 21, 2010

I've worked for MQ before, just before CBay bought MQ, but I can't remember (and maybe it's changed) what is the minimum number of hours or lines required per week?  I thought it was something like 2000 lines per week.  Is the minimum per hour still 100 lph for PT? Also, what's the pay rate for VR now?  I think it was still 70% when I left.  Is it 50% or 60% of your regular line rate? I'm just looking for something very part-time, like 10 hours ...

LPH Minimum. Be Sure To Keep Track Of All Those
Jul 16, 2013

a job to upload. All those add up and if you don't clock out for them it will go against your LPH and make a difference in your assessments.  ...

Minimum Wage In MA And MUP
Nov 20, 2013

Massachusetts may well pass a minimum wage of $11 (over 3 years).  It's passed the state senate.  Parts of WA (Seatac) actually have a $15 minimum wage.  Wonder what Nuance will do about MUP now, since so many in those states will be getting it.  Could get interesting.  ...

DC Minimum Wage
Dec 18, 2013

Okay, so I read by 2015, DC wants minimum wage to be $11.50 an hour. I'm assuming by that time Nuance will make our minimum line count reflect this increase - approximately 280 lph, especially since WE NEVER GET A RAISE. ...

Help! Can't Make Minimum LPH
Oct 21, 2014

My primary account is a straight typing account. I can't consistently make the minimum line count of 150 lph in our 8 hours. I use my shorthand and as many normals as i can, but I'm making no money. How is everyone doing this? Plus for VR it's only 180 lph. Seems like actually typing the lph should be lower. Someone please tell me how to get enough lines in!! Would quit in a heartbeat if I could, but a little pay is better than no pay, though I am still looking. ...

Minimum Wage?
Oct 29, 2014

just wondering if anyone knows...is there any kind of rule for paying you a minimum wage if your income with MM drops below the minimum wage? ...

At Least Got Minimum Wage
Dec 17, 2014

Bottom line is, regardless of the new pay rules, it's hard to even make above minimum wage before or after the new rules. So at least federal law guarantees minimum wage. Beyond that, my goal is to get out of this field and leave this MTSO company ASAP, though it won't happen overnight. ...

Minimum Wage
Jan 25, 2015

A $15.00 minimum wage would equate to 375 lines per hour at .04 per line. That's 3000 lines a day for an 8 hour day! The best I have ever done was 2700 lines editing in an 8 hour day and that was only once and someplace where I had been doing the same doctors for 6 years. Guess I would get fired for always getting MUP. And by the way, that's 428 lines per hour (3424 lines per day) at .035 per line and 500 lines per hour at 0.03 (4000 lines per day). If more cities raise the ...

TTS - Minimum Production
Mar 28, 2015

I'm curious if anyone is making minimum production with TTS, 125 LPH transcription and 250 LPH editing?   If so, can you give any tips regarding what you cut out?  Proofing, research, etc?  How do you handle the long pauses in dictation?  Anyone use the "Skip Silent" command?   I can see 125 LPH for transcription but 250 for editing when you have to lose production with poor dictators?    Thanks for any feedback! ...

Transtech - What Their Minimum QA Scores Are?
Oct 22, 2009

Does anybody know what their minimum QA scores are? They have postings for QA and MT but no mention it.  I do good work but don't want to be nitpicked to death for a 99.9% score. Thx. ...

Minimum Line Requirements
Jan 20, 2010

Have any MTSOs set a minimum number of lines per hour for VR Editing (per hour, day, week, or pay period)?  I have seen posts where Medical Transcriptionists/VR Editors have lamented about losing benefits because they are not able to meet straight typing minimums (the average seems to be around 150 lines per hour, 1200 lines per day, or 6000 lines per week), but I have never seen anyone talk about not being able to meet MINIMUM VR Editing requirements.  Since it seems as though most la ...

What Should We Do If We Earn Less Than Minimum Wage?
Mar 02, 2010

Are we supposed to report this to someone?  Plus, since our earnings may fluctuate from pay to pay, what do we do then?  ...

Concern About Minimum Wage
Mar 15, 2010

My ASR rate x 100 is less than minimum wage.  My transcription rate x 100 is just slightly higher than minimum wage.  I wonder if MQ is planning to increase the minimum lph to 150.  ...

Do You Always Make Your Minimum Requirement
Mar 16, 2010

on your lines?  I have the worst time staying focused and get worried at the end of every pay period if I haven't met my minimum line requirement.  I get paid more on minimum wage anyway.  Do you always make your line minimum requirement? ...