A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keystrokes - any current opinions? - wow2

Posted: May 12, 2014

Thinking of applying... any current opinions? I'd appreciate both good and not so good feedback :)

run away in the opposite direction. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
not gonna go into it again, long story but they screwed me royally..let me just say nepotism and seems like always changing banks so pay gets messed with,,at least when I was there.

Agreed. Run. - Ex-KS

[ In Reply To ..]
Once upon a time, they were an excellent company to work for, but those days are long gone, sadly. It is completely true about the nepotism and constant payroll or bank "errors." Pay was late several times when I was there. There is also never enough work there anymore, unless of course you're one of the "favorites" who they take care of. I just recently left after being there for several years. They were losing accounts left when right when I left. There are much better companies out there. Just do a search in the archives over the last 2-3 years and you'll see how many people have been burned by them.

the radiology side stunk - like a skunk in heat. - opinion about a year or so old. NM

[ In Reply To ..]

I like them - OldMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been working with them for several years now and I like them.

So do I, but the negative people scream loud against any company. sm - HappyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm happy there. No problems in a very, very long time with pay, and now they use ADP, so it doesn't matter which bank they use. My account in HIM is always busy.

Not screaming negativity, just truths. Find out for yourself then. - Deceitful to many.

[ In Reply To ..]
Pay differently too if they can convince you that their low rates are the "going rate." Many games they play. Lies you may find out later for yourself if you ever have time to talk to others who will tell you the truth. If you like to play Russian Roulette, you may get lucky.

to be clear, my nay-say is about KS here, not ANY company, just KS - based on my personal experience. OP asked.

[ In Reply To ..]
I told. Problem with that HappyMT? No need to put down others who differ.

Keystrokes - gintex

[ In Reply To ..]
Can you tell me if they offer IC status and what's the pay like? Thank you in advance. Also do they have straight typing?

No - they do not do IC status - nm - Sylvia

[ In Reply To ..]
x

my question, do they hire PT and are they straight - typing? Thanks! NM

[ In Reply To ..]

All depends on what account they place you on and what their favs have dominated. - Do not complain.

[ In Reply To ..]
Just keep thinking we are all here to suffer, then you will be okay. Expect the worst, then it will not seem so bad. Remember too that a lot of positive posts are owners and their top supervisors. They have played the game for years and know all the tricks of the trade.

still thinking... - wow2

[ In Reply To ..]
looks to be a 50/50 proposition :)
thanks for the input!

50/50 - meep meep

[ In Reply To ..]
Seems like a company that has a reputation for not paying people like Keystrokes does is not worth a second thought.

I like it there - KSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I like it at KS. Everyone has something to say about every company, BUT if these people say they don't like KS and they moved on, if you ask them where, they don't tell you because they actually are not at any better job. A job is a job and the way I look at it, no place is better than the other as they ALL pay about the same rate. If anyone tells you otherwise, ask them where they work. I will bet you, they won't tell you because they are lying about their job to begin with. I will tell you from my experience that I like working at KS and not ashamed to say it! These people who hide behind the "I can't tell you because they aren't hiring" or blah-blah-blah. I think these people just like stirring the pot. Try KS, you may actually like it!

That's not true. Keystrokes always pays their employees. Stop spreading lies. sm - HappyKSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
They do not have a reputation for not paying people. They do pay.

I like it there. I am not new, have been there for years. There were some bumps, but not for a long time, and they are a heck of a lot better than others out there. I have worked at a lot of others and can say that with certainty from experience.

Similar Messages:

Keystrokes Info Please......looking For More Current
Apr 25, 2011

Have done an archive search but looking for more current info from people currently working or just stopped working at Keystrokes. What happened years ago really doesn't concern me because we all know how fast it changes in this business. Not trying to discount anyones opinion just want to make an informed decision based on current status of company. Pay on time? Meet quota? etc. ...

Current Info On Keystrokes Please?
Jan 23, 2012

Current info on Keystrokes please?  Do they provide computer, etc.  Thanks! ...

Keystrokes - Current Employees
Dec 30, 2012

Has anyone received their "follow-up call" yet to the survey the employees were asked to fill out over four months ago now?  We were again assured about a month ago that this would be made a top priority.    Also, is anyone else typing on a radiology account right now at the $1/report rate?  Just curious if anyone would be willing to share on average how many reports they are typing in a pay period at this rate. ...

Current Keystrokes Employees
Oct 01, 2014

Keystrokes had an ad on 9/25 and was wondering how they are to work for.  The recent posts are talking about not getting paid on time, etc.  Any feedback would be very much appreciated.  Any happy MTs working for this company? Account is straight typing for pediatric hospital.  What is pay for straight typing and do they pay for spaces?  Also any comments on benefits.  Thank you very much. ...

Any Honest Current Info On Keystrokes?nm
May 10, 2011

x ...

Keystrokes - I Would Like To Hear From Current Employees Please
Mar 02, 2015

New jobs posted today. I would appreciate any information. Thanks! ...

Keystrokes Recent Employees - Past And Current
Mar 29, 2011

If anyone who recently worked for Keystrokes or still works for them who worked overtime without getting paid for it, please let me know. Thanks. ...

Any Current Employees At Keystrokes Care To Comment
Oct 24, 2012

Any current employees at Keystrokes care to comment on how things are there these days?  ...

Current TTD MTs
Oct 21, 2011

Would like to hear from current MTs their opinion and any info you would care to share about TTD.   Thanks. ...

Current Cpl
Apr 15, 2013

What is the current cpl rate that companies should be paying?  ...

I'm A Current MM MT And Would Like To Become MME.
Jan 10, 2015

I can't find any info anymore. Are there still MMEs and are they still testing for this position? Thanks! ...

Any Current Information On TTS
Jan 17, 2010

Would appreciate any current information on TTS, particular related to IC status.  Thanks much. ...

Current Information On TTS
Feb 01, 2010

Thinking of applying and just wondering about pay, platform, accounts etc. Any information would be good. I just want to make sure it is a good place to work.  From the archives, it looks like it is pretty mixed.  People either love it or hated it due to the strict scheduling.  Is the schedule still strict for ICs? Thanks in advance for your information. ...

What Is The Current MQ Atmosphere Like?
Feb 14, 2010

I keep getting recruitment emails, but I am leary from all the bad press I have seen in the past.  I really need a job and wonder if I should reconsider.  Any thoughts?  How is the pay? Do they hire PT?  Need the scoop. ...

Current Information On MD-IT?
Mar 07, 2010

Does anyone have any current information on MD-IT?   I searched the boards and the archives and found nothing.  If anyone could share any information at all, I would appreciate it, thanks. ...

Looking For Current Information On TTS Please (sm)
Jan 05, 2011

Have read the archives but most of it is from 2009 and older, a few posts in 2010 but really hoping to find out more current information.  They are offering IC status but then list the shifts that they expect you to work???  How is the pay, platform, volume of work, managers, communication, you name it, I would like to know it.  :)   TIA ...

Current CMT's - Is It Worth It?
Jan 08, 2011

If I take the CMT test the goal is to increase my income from my current earnings as a full time MT/ME.  But is it worth the $$ and time required to prepare for and take the CMT test?  I am confident that I would have no problem passing the test after adequate review, etc. So is it worth the effort?  Bottom line -- it will cost money to take the exam and it will cost money to either enroll in a review course or buy review materials to prepare for the exam. And the CMT credential ...

Any Current Information About TTS? 
Apr 11, 2011

Does anyone have any current information about TTS?  Could someone who works there now please let me know how things are going with this company?  ...

JLG Current Employees
Apr 28, 2011

I have recently been offered a position with JLG.  I have checked the archives for info on this company, however, most of them are from 1-2 years ago.  I am interested in any info a current employee of JLG can offer to me regarding this company - good or bad.  ...

Anyone With Current Information On E-MTS?
May 05, 2011

I've done the search and don't find anything current. I would like to have any details you might such as cpl, hours, flexing, amount of work, etcetera. Please post or e-mail. ...

Does Anyone Have CURRENT Information On JLG? Nm
May 30, 2011

/ ...

DTI - Any Current Info
Aug 27, 2011

Any current info on this company please? ...

JLG --- Current Job Openings
Aug 27, 2011

Would current new hires at JLG for the new verbatim account please answer these questions:  1.  What is their cpl rate? 2.  How difficult are the dictators? 3.  Is there enough work? 4.  Platform being used, is it good to work on. I have read the negative posts here about JLG but I am really in need of a job at this point.  I haven't worked for almost three months and I figure at least a verbatim account shouldn't be that hard to get right.  Plea ...

EMTS - Anything Current About Them - Sm
Oct 26, 2011

Employee/IC?  Pay scale?  VR/straight?  Nice people?  Strict hours? ...

Any Current ProTypers Here?
Feb 10, 2012

Any current ProType employees here?  I've received a couple of calls from them but was hoping I could find out the current state of the accounts, workload, etc., from MTs currently working there. Thanks much for any info! ...

Anyone With Current Info On K&R? S/m
Jul 21, 2012

See they are hiring but would appreciate any info first.  I've already jumped too quick into a company that sucks.  Thanks ! ...

Current Info On DTS-OK Please.
Aug 30, 2012

Before applying would appreciate info, the good, the bad and the ugly.  Thank you! ...

End Of Current Quarter?
Sep 13, 2012

Does anyone know when the current quarter ends? ...

Patient First - Current MT
Apr 20, 2013

Regarding the posts below, thought I would expound.  I have been there a few years and it is the best MT job I have had in a very long career. The process for hiring is a bit complex but it is worth it.  Don't bother unless you are really experienced. Basics:  -1400 lines per day minimum - 50-character line with spaces - 7 cpl.  Do the math - it is comparable to 10 cpl for a 65-character line. Dictaphone account (provided), typed in MS Word (one long file). You provide ...

Any Current Info On TTS
Apr 23, 2013

Any current info on TTS such as line rate, flexibility, plenty of work, platform and what the accounts are like? Easy to make lines? Also wondering if they offer shift differential for 2nd shift.  Thanks in advance. ...