A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keystrokes change in payroll policy - Just need to vent

Posted: Feb 11, 2011

I simply do not understand why Keystrokes employees  were not informed of changes in  issuing pay.    Pay was usually the last day of the week if the 1st or 15th was on a weekend.   I am sure there was a very good reason for the change.  However, I think it was inexcusable not to inform people.  The checks that would have been issued on December 31, 2010, were issued on January 3, 2010.   January 15, 2011, changed to January 18, 2011.  

I am mentioning this rather belatedly because I just found out  today my daughter will probably need surgery.  This  may not have been necessary if I had been able to keep an appointment on New Years Eve and gotten the appropriate prescriptions immediately-- I would have planned differently.   (I also may not have overdrawn-my fault I know.) 

I am sure Keystrokes did nothing illegal but I think it was immoral not to inform people.  

Did you get a copy of the payroll schedule (sm) - Sandee

[ In Reply To ..]
they sent in January? Some paydays have been changed throughout the whole year. For example, we get paid on the 16th of Feb and 16th of March although the 15th is NOT on a weekend. There are a couple of other months where we don't get paid until the 2nd even though the 1st is not on a weekend. I don't know why they were changed, and in the four years since I have been there, they have never sent a "payroll schedule" at the beginning of the year. It was always the 1st and 15th, but now there are some throughout the year that are different.

What department are you in? I didn't get a schedule and no one I work with did. sm - KS MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I asked a few people and no one knows of this, including the office. The 1st and 15th are still the pay dates and if it falls on a weekend or holiday, it's the next business day.

For the OP, it has always been their policy to pay on the Monday if it falls on the weekend. There were times that it came on Friday, and I was grateful, but I never expect it. To blame them for your daughter's surgery because they paid when they say they do is a little dramatic. I am sorry to hear that your daughter needs surgery. That is stressful for any parent. I hope it is not serious and that it goes well.

I'm not in any department..just an MT (sm) - Sandee

[ In Reply To ..]
I got an e-mail in January from the person who is the head of one of my accounts (not my lead, the person over her). It was a payroll schedule for the entire year. If you e-mail me I will gladly send it to anyone who wants to see it. It definitely says on there that our next payday is February 16th, not the 15th. I won't be able to e-mail the schedule until tomorrow because I'm not home now and won't be back until Sunday and can't access my main e-mail from here. (My e-mail on here is different from the acct I have the schedule in). Just reply to this by e-mail and I'll forward it when I get home if anyone wants to see it.
Honestly, I didn't mean to start anything and I'm not a KS (sm) - Sandee
[ In Reply To ..]
basher..I really got a payroll schedule in my e-mail from a higher-up in January. I never called the office about it because I just figured that was the way things were going to be. As I said above, I will be happy to forward the schedule to anyone through e-mail when I get home tomorrow. I can't believe no one else got this schedule. But it really happened and I can forward it tomorrow. I like working for KS and I'm not trying to stir up any trouble but with the OP asking about our paydays I wanted to mention it to see if anyone else got the same schedule.
New to KS and I have the schedule if you need it - ncMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I just started there and they sent me the schedule when hired. It does vary between the 1st and 2nd, and 15th and 16th days of the month. No big thing tho, at least it's a paycheck and I have a job I like!
Thank you! I was beginning to think I was the only one who got it! (sm) - Sandee
[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't mind it either after I got used to the idea...but I'm glad someone else got one too!

They did inform you. It is in the employee manual. sm - OTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been there over 7 years, and it has always been that way. I double-checked my employee manual before writing this, and it is still there. Pay is the 1st and 15th; if it falls on a weekend or holiday, it is paid on the next business day.

Not always. - nkscl

[ In Reply To ..]
They have paid us the week before on a number of occasions, regardless of policy, and I think that suckers people into believing it is that way. They need to stick with policy.

And I never received a payroll schedule this year, just the one we are given when we start working for them.

Communication is a tragedy at KS all the way around. They don't answer emails, and I don't get any emails from them unless they need more help. I have gone days without hearing from anyone about anything.

That's dumb. It's generous when they pay early. No one - should expect other than what is on policy.

[ In Reply To ..]
You used the correct term, though. Suckers. Suckers who will believe that just because something happened this way, policy matters not.

Paying early is not a PROBLEM. Paying late is a problem.

Gosh.
If they stick with policy, there is no misunderstanding. - It is a fact of life that generosity can lead to b
[ In Reply To ..]
I would rather have consistency so I am not tempted to gamble on whether they might pay early or not. Keeps me out of trouble.
Then ignore it if it's in your bank early! nm - KSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
nn
Probably won't happen. - It still precipitates situations like OP.
[ In Reply To ..]
So it's bad policy to not stick with policy. Besides, KS is not generous. There is always another reason than what they say that only the wise can see.
See? The problem is your inability to be in - control of yourself! LOL
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Your inability for compassion for the OP is rather tragic. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
It tells us a lot about you as a person. I would be ashamed of that. Having made errors like the OP, I can sympathize with how she feels, and it is okay to be human, unlike yourself.

Not a change - it followed policy. Jan 1 was on Sat so it - paid on next bus day - Mon, Jan 3.

[ In Reply To ..]
You're just not understanding how the policy works.

You should look at the calendar in advance. If the paydate (1st or 15th) falls on a holiday or weekend day, then it will be paid the next business day (nonholiday).

?

Similar Messages:

Could The Keystrokes MT Who Has The Payroll Schedule (sm)
Feb 14, 2011

please post the actual payroll dates for February and March - I'm happy to adjust my payments if the payday is February 16th instead of 15th.  Thanks for the info!  P.S.  Great place to work!! ...

Keystrokes Payroll Today
Dec 17, 2014

Did anybody else's direct deposit not go through? ...

KEYSTROKES - NEW PAY POLICY STINKS
Jul 26, 2010

Keystrokes Pay Change
Jul 30, 2010

Just wondering how many Keystrokes MT's have resigned or are planning to? I will be putting in my resignation before August 16th. Already have a new job offer. After 25 years experience, just can't live with the pay cut. Used to be a good company...good luck to all of you who stay. ...

Keystrokes Payday Change
Aug 30, 2011

So, I got this nice email from KS today.  Paydates are changing immediately, from the 1st and 15th to the 3rd and 17th - because their "financial advisors" told them to.  Really?  I guess that means they don't have money to make payroll on Thursday.  ...

Did Keystrokes Change Hands In The Last Couple Of Years?
Mar 20, 2013

Did Keystrokes change hands in the last couple of years? Or are they run by the same people? ...

Contacting Payroll
Jun 27, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to contact payroll?  I am fairly new with the company.  They forgot to pay me last time at all and this time I was paid line count but was told by the recruiter that I would be paid hourly for the first few weeks.  Any information would be greatly appreciated as my CCM is on vacation. Thanks. ...

New Payroll Schedule
Dec 01, 2010

Reading over the memo concerning the new payroll schedule, what I sumise is we are not getting paid on 12/24 but will get paid on 12/31 instead.  Am I reading this wrong?  I sure hope so. ...

Payroll's Mistake
Feb 10, 2012

Today the payroll dept made a mistake and everyone who was working got clocked off in error.  Now CCM wants us to go in and fix it ourselves.  Next thing you know they will be sending us a tutorial on how to fix our own computers.  I am so tired of all the things we have to do for no pay that I want to scream.  It's bad enough that we are paid so little for doing what we were hired to do, we get nothing for all the things we have to do that were not in our job descriptio ...

What Was That Payroll Email All About?
Nov 20, 2012

Letting us know that FICA wage limit will change from $110,100 to $113,700.  Thanks.  I know I was stressing about whether I would be under the magic number.  I also was worried about the max I could put in my 401K.  Good to know it is $17,500 but I can also catch up an extra $5000 even though it is more than I will make gross all of next year.  Sometimes I just got to shake my head at these emails.  Why don't they send an email letting us know w ...

Landmark Payroll
Mar 19, 2013

Does anyone have any tricks for being able to get into their payroll company's website? Ever since they got this new company, I have been unable to get in.  I can count on the fingers of 1 hand the number of times I've been able to get in.  I can get in 1 time, and the next time it will tell me the login failed, user ID invalid.  This may be the next day when I'm told my login is invalid.   I've had my login reset numerous times.  Yes, I am following ...

Number For Payroll
Apr 15, 2013

I cannot find the phone number to payroll!! Cannot get my supervisor and I need a punch fixed on my time card. Anyone know the direct number???? ...

Does Anyone Know The # To Payroll Dept?
Oct 21, 2013

I no longer work there and need to get in touch with them.  Need a copy of W2 and did not have to file a tax return because I did not make enough and do not have a copy of the W2.  Need it for financial aid.   ...

Question Regarding Payroll
Nov 27, 2013

Since this is the 3rd paycheck of the month do we still get ins taken out, I thought we would not have it taken out this time, just curious.  Thank you ...

Looking At Payroll/quarter
Apr 04, 2014

...where is all this changing the dates of the quarter coming from? I took the time to logon to Enrich (shocking, I know....had to look up my password) and just downloaded the payroll calendar that is currently on there. At the bottom it clearly states that the dates for 2014 Quarter 1 are Jan 1 to March 31. Am I missing something? I want these dates to still be correct as much as anyone...just wondering where the freakout came from. I'm sure someone will just say I'm naive....fine. ...

No Payroll Notice?
Sep 16, 2014

No payroll notice this week?  I always get it on Tuesday. ...

2010 Payroll Schedule
Jan 05, 2010

When I click on HR there is no dropdown box or anything that states benefits so I can get to Payroll to see the 2010 schedule.  What am I doing wrong??  Thank U.  ...

Payroll Email ...figures (sm)
Dec 02, 2010

Earning and deduction code chart shows "BNSUP" - Production bonus for CORPORATE employees .... nice. This greedy, immoral place sickens me to my stomach. ...

Payroll System Conversion
Dec 29, 2010

What ever happened to the first time right philosophy?  There have been at least 3 emails sent out about the payroll system conversion, then another 3 emails to correct the originals.  Now I just received a "Recall" on the latest email about the payroll system conversion.  Totally annoying!  I wish MQ corporate practiced what they preached. ...

How/where To Report Payroll Error? Sm
Jun 04, 2011

my line count isn't jiving with what I was paid on last check.  how do I get this fixed?  TIA. ...

Glad KS Made Payroll - However...
Sep 02, 2011

Some KSMTs posted they got paid today, some got paid on the 1st. This tells me this was not an issue with late line counts or the payroll guru asking them to kindly roll payroll ahead a few days. Truth has to be they do not have the money available to make payroll and had to pick and choose who to pay based on the money available. Those who asked for hardship case or who they did not want to risk losing got paid. Those they thought could be strung along for 2 more days were not paid un ...

Transcenders - 2nd Payroll Dates Nov/Dec
Oct 05, 2011

Is it true that MTs/ICs will be paid AFTER Thanksgiving and Christmans holidays?  Just wondering as new employee.  One ADP payroll schedule for employees states  prior to holidays, but another for MTs/ICs payroll states after holidays.  Please confirm.  Thank you. ...

Payroll State Tax Question
Dec 05, 2011

If you work at home and live in a state that has no state tax but work for a company located in a state that has state income tax, do they take state tax out of your pay for the state that the company is located in or do you pay no state tax due to the state you live in?  I just started a new company this week and was curious. ...

Nuance Payroll Question
Nov 19, 2012

Does Nuance pay weekly or bimonthly? ...

Does Anyone Have A Phone Number For Payroll?
Apr 14, 2014

x ...

Payroll Received By Intuit??? --Anyone Else Get This?
Aug 02, 2014

X ...

So Being Screwed By Landmark Payroll
Nov 26, 2014

With next to no warning they change payroll. First pay in December is tgiving week pay. iOS three days of pay.  Wonder if my bank will take that for my mortgage and good luck getting the kids Xmas gifts ...

Payroll Question Hopefully Someone Can Answer?
Jun 10, 2015

I live in Chicago Illinois.  Like many of you, I am production but get payed so little a line even making 160 lines an hour I make minimum wage for my "state" which is currently $8.25 (pretty sad).  Anyway, Chicago is hiking the minum wage on July 1st to $10 an hour.  As I live in Chicago, does anyone know if this pertains to me?   Thanks in advance for answering!  ...

Can Anyone Tell Me What The NJA Policy Is?
Jan 01, 2010

I can't seem to find anything on MQ Central.  I just started last week and already have no work.  What am I supposed to do?  I cannot get ahold of manager.  TIA ...

OT Policy
Mar 19, 2011

Let me see if I have this right - I am thinking about going FT and this never applied to me much before.  So if we work overtime we get paid our benefit rate x 1.5 - we don't get paid per line for anything over that.  Correct? ...