A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

InScribe - an interview experience. Is this extreme? - Sorta Newbie

Posted: Nov 07, 2010

I have experience in brick & mortar transcription, but not so much online.  A little.  Graduated a few months ago from an online MT school.  Took test for Inscribe.  Great test.  Did well.  Pleasant interview.  IC on weekends.  Sent me all the forms & I completed them, and THEN I went to the IT guy for an install.  I've an old, 2nd hand computer, but I keep it humming fine.  Has installed other online platforms okay.  This wouldn't install.  We spent ALL last week installing and the actual platform won't launch.  I paid for IT help from Microsoft to see if Word was okay, and it is.  But now the IT guy says there's some kind of problem with my software, a corruption or something.  I'm willing to buy a new computer if that's needed as it's about time anyway.  But the software that would be installed on the new one is too new as they need Word 2003 & Windows XP (I have no media w/ my computer & would have to buy some.  Even second hand is a bite and Microsoft no longer sells the software needed  

Is it unreasonable of me to ask these folks for media to install the older versions of windows & word so their platform will launch?  I would pay shipping both ways, but even the cheapest second hand media would cost a couple hundred bucks, and no one I know has the media to borrow.  Do you think that's too dependent of me? 

Not at all extreme - EmdatQa

[ In Reply To ..]
see link

Not sure what it is you need - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I know that I am using it on Windows 7 and have had no problems with it, and the only version of Word I have is the student version that came with my computer as part of a free trial which has subsequently expired.

I think in the glory days of transcription you could ask for stuff, but with the number of applicants for every opening, I don't know why they'd choose someone who is not ready to start immediately and who requires copies of software they may or may not have immediately available, or depending how much sticklers they are, how much the use license for an additional station would cost.

Have you checked ebay for copies of the software you need or looking for a new computer with the software? I know at Dell you used to able to buy a new computer with XP on it.

The standard now everywhere is pretty much - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Windows XP and Word 2003. That's part of the job. We have to either buy new computers/software or keep our old XP rather than Windows-7, etc. -- whatever the going industry standard is. We buy our own expanders, medical spellcheckers, foot pedals, firewall/antivirus, etc. That's just the way it is with every company, and most won't even hire you if you don't have the right computer, so you might as well buy a refurbished XP computer which are pretty cheap right now & be prepared and able to work at any company.

Extreme - medtyper

[ In Reply To ..]
You can purchase a new computer from Dell with XP on it. Word 2007 will save in 2003 mode. Going to work for a company that I have to save in that mode but the 2007 will work. I had the problem with not finding a computer with XP on it and Dell was the only place I could find a new one.

I bought a nice refurb with XP on it from - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Tigerdirect.com for I think $250.

TO ALL FYI - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Microsoft will no longer support XP at the end of the year. You can buy a computer for $200-$300 that would have XP on it. It will still work, but they will no longer support it, so before you spend money, investigate thoroughly so you don't find yourself with something obsolete.

craigslist - is the way to go

[ In Reply To ..]
There are people who buy lots (as in a large quantity) of Dell's or HP's from large companies who upgrade. These come packed with XP, Office, lots of memory (RAM), keyboard, monitor and a host of other goodies and they are usually UNDER $100. Hopes this helps :)

Sorta newbie - Linda

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, it is unreasonable of you to ask for the older versions. You need an up to date computer and up to date software. Business is business. It is unfortunate that you are having financial challenges, but those are not the problems of the company hiring you. Good luck to you.

A lot of platforms will not work with - Word version over 2003. Do a

[ In Reply To ..]
Goggle search. You can find it for under $150.

When he says corrupt, do you maybe have a bootleg copy of Word on your computer? Was this on your computer when you got it? If so, it may not be a valid version.

I bought Word 2003 on ebay for $25. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Student and Teachers version - Happy MT Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
I've also run into a couple of places that say you have to have the full version and not the Student and Teachers version of MS Office.

Similar Messages:

Inscribe - Experience/knowledge Of Inscribe.us?
Feb 19, 2011

Anyone have any experience/knowledge of Inscribe.us?  I am about to get offered a job with them for either straight transcrition or VR editing?  Their line rate seems to be very good for both. ...

InScribe Experience?
Sep 08, 2011

I just passd a test with InScribe and wondered if someone would give me some feedback on the company. Likes? Dislikes? Pay on time? ...

Anyone With Experience In InScribe?
Mar 30, 2014

Anyone work there, good, bad or ugly appreciated...  thanks! ...

Inscribe - Anyone Experience
Oct 22, 2014

I see a constant ad for Inscribe on Job Seeker's Board and to me this is not a good sign.  However, before I jump to that conclusion I was wondering if anyone has worked for them and what your experience has been.  I looked at their site and was tired just reading all of the steps to just take their test.  If this place does not have a good reputation, then I do not want to waste my time with testing that sounds like it will take hours.  Thanks very much! ...

Any Experience Or Knew Anything About InScribe?
Mar 09, 2011

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience or knew anything about InScribe? Is it a good company to work for? For the past month, I have been contacted a couple of times saying I would either be sent information about openings and also that someone would be calling me to help me get started, and neither one has happened. Is  this typical?    ...

Is InScribe LLC, Kentucky Changing; Anyone Recently Apply Or Been Hired Who Has Years Of Experience;
May 11, 2011

Okay, I know InScribe LLC (Kentucky) has been on the Boards multiple times (at least monthly, if not weekly, it seems), but I just noticed they have a “Premium” ad at the top of the Job Seeker’s Board.  I guess these “Featured Listings” are not free, as the other listings are.  If I remember correctly, most of the posts on the Boards have been by Newbies, because InScribe evidently is one of the few MTSOs that hire new graduates.  However, it appear ...

I Must Either Be An Extreme Rare Case . . .
Jul 27, 2011

After readings these boards, I have to say I must be either be an extreme case or lucky.  I have been an MT for about 20 years.  I have worked both in-house and at home, being at home the last 7 years.  I have worked for both MTSOs and independently.  I have to say I work part-time for 2 companies (small MTSOs) as an IC and love it.  I have done so for about 2 years now and know what my day looks like by 9 a.m. every morning and plan accordingly. Yes, ther ...

Bucket Handle Tear:"The Case Was Extremely Difficult Because Of Extreme S/l Laxi To This Joint
Jul 18, 2010

n/m ...

New Graduate - Experience In Transcription Is Experience
Nov 11, 2009

I am a new graduate and need to find a job! I am also new to this site. I got the site info from a friend that has been doing transcription work for many years. She has given me some leads, but as of now, nothing! It appears that most of these companies wnat 2 or more years experience. Does anyone know how I can start and get some experience? I suppose in anything and not just medical. Experience in transcription is experience, right? ...

Interview With MQ
Mar 11, 2010

Is there anyone that actually enjoys working for MQ?  I lost my job this week and so I am looking for something to start quickly, and so far the only interview I have set up is with MQ.  Please give me some hope! ...

MD-IT INTERVIEW
Apr 15, 2010

Hi--I have a phone interview next week with MD-IT. Can anyone tell me what to expect.  Im kinda a little nervous.  ...

I Have An Interview With MD-IT
Jun 02, 2011

I have an interview with MD-IT and wondered about some posts in the archives that are quite recent that stated there has been a lack of work and layoffs with no warning.  I am wondering whether I should even bother interviewing.  I am looking for a new job because of lack of work, not wanting to walk into another similar situation.  Any thoughts?  Thanks. ...

Interview With MQ CEO.
Aug 02, 2011

I encourage all MQ employees to register with this newspaper (link below)and voice your opinion of MedQuist. It is our chance to be heard and let the public hear the "other side" rather than the "rosy" talk of Mr. Davenport. http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110731/BUSINESS/307310032/MedQuist-tip-health-records-evolution?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cs ...

Job Interview?
Oct 30, 2012

Was wondering if Nuance is a reliable place to work for? If anyone else works for them?  I was emailed for an interview, and was just curious.  Any and all info appreciated.. ty~ :) Gina ...

Need To Interview An MT
Nov 14, 2013

I am looking for a Transcriptionist (whether recently employed or been working as a transcriptionist for years) to interview for my final semester to understand the changes and demands of the transcription filed. I also want to know how you feel about the way things have changed. You can either reply here or through my email Some questions: 1. What education and/or training did you go through to become an MT? 2. Where are you employed (hospital/clinic) and how long have you been working ...

Job Interview Help
Apr 09, 2014

I have an interview next week for a coder 1 position.  Have had my CPC-A for a few months, but not much luck getting a position.  This is the 1st interview I have even been offered.  Any tips on how to land this job?  I have many year experience as a medical secretary, transcriptionist, editor, but getting that 1st coding job in the area where I live is very difficult.  Small town, not much opportunity.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks ...

Got An Interview
Aug 04, 2014

for an ophthalmic scribe/technician position for Wednesday.  Fingers crossed it pays decently and I get it!! ...

I Have An Interview For A Non-MT Job....they Are Going To
Oct 28, 2014

of my former employer (MModal)--- can anyone tell me what this is?  I can't find it anywhere.  I have an address on my tax form that says New Jersey, but didn't they move to Tenessee or ? .  Also,  I see so many numbers for MModal....but which one would I give to the person who is interviewing me to call and check on my employment?  Can anyone help?  Thanks in Advance!   ...

Interview
Jan 26, 2015

Hello, Does anyone have any helpful tips for me? I'm on my way to a job interview for transcription. I'm a former MT wanting to get back into it. I have experience, but haven't worked in the MT business for 1 year now. I do know I am the only person interviewing because the job isn't posted.  I have my updated resume, nice dress outfit, hair and nails groomed, and shoes polished.  Any helpful advice to calm my nerves? I really want this job.    ...

PF Interview
Feb 03, 2015

Just found out today that I have an interview with Patient First on Friday!  Any idea what to expect for the interview?  I tested a few weeks ago and had given up hope!   ...

I Have An Interview With MQ Monday...
Dec 19, 2009

Is anyone happy at MQ?  I have been an IC for the past two years and have to have benefits including insurance.  Any suggestions or ????  Thanks ...

Anyone Willing To Do An Informative Interview
Jan 20, 2010

I am about half way to getting my MT certificate. I have an assignment in my career development class where I have to set up a phone informative interview with somebody in the MT field. It would be about 15-20 mins. and I would basically be asking about your personal experiances, advice, ect. If anybody would be willing to help me out on this, it would be greatly appreaciated. Please let me know as I have to have something set up by Fri. The interview does not have to be by Fri. just have to hav ...

Encompass Interview
Feb 26, 2010

Have an interview scheduled with Encompass this coming week.  Anyone have  information on what types of questions to expect, or what their process is like in general? Haven't had an interview in ages.  Any help is greatly appreciated! :) ...

As MTs, We Should Actually Interview The Companies!
Mar 03, 2010

If you are an MT with 10 or more years experience (actually a requirement with 1 company), and you are testing and interviewing, consider this.  When you do your research on a company that you are applying with, print all the negative posts such as "horrible platform, hardly ever any work, pay is slow, they offshored my account, VR problems, etc., etc."  If you score perfectly on your test and have good recommendations, land an actual interview, we should address these concer ...

FutureNet Interview
Jun 02, 2010

Hi group!  I have a job interview with Rita at Futurenet tomorrow.  The reason I am looking is I am really tired of constantly running out of work because my company over hired and now we transcriptionists are just out of luck!  I am in my 4th year with my current job and suddenly can barely hit $100 a day.  This is really sad when there is no loyalty to their employees.  Now from what I have been reading Futurenet is the same???  I read from this group how they run ...

Interview With Medquist
Jun 08, 2010

Interviewing soon with with Medquist and doing research on the company ... not finding anything positive here.  Is ANY TRANSCRIPTIONIST happy with their position with Medquist??  Are there ANY positive benefits to this company? ...

Transcribing An Interview
Jul 14, 2010

I am doing some side work transcribing a research interview, and was wondering your opinions.  One of the respondents in the interview panel is ESL.  Her grammar is very often incorrect.  I asked them when I got the project if they wanted the transcription verbatim, and she said "yes, let's leave it true to form."  I had asked because the previous work had a lot of "like" and "you know" in it, and transcribing every utterance was actually really hard.  ...

Newbie Has An Interview!
Aug 05, 2010

So here I was, wondering if anyone would ever notice my resume or mind the fact that I am a newbie....and I got a call from someone asking me to interview next week for a job in a lab!  And it's not that far away.  Whether or not I get it, it makes me feel encouraged.   ...

Got An Interview Friday!
Oct 19, 2010

Please everyone cross your fingers and toes!!  I tweaked my resume and I've been getting some interest from potential employers and have an interview for this Friday for a medical records clerk for the prosecutor's office.  I'm so hoping this is the one, but I won't be crushed if it's not.  I've had so many disappointments in my new job search over the past year, I'm getting used to it. I'll let you all know how it goes!!     ...

Phone Interview
Nov 01, 2010

I have a phone interview for a transcription job coming up soon. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the interview will consist of and if anyone has any tips. ...