A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

INTERPRO SERVICES - PL

Posted: Jan 10, 2012

I want to warn all who look for jobs on this site of a company to be aware of - Interpro Services, Inc out of Arizona.  They are ruthless, have the worst dictators in the industry and management could not care less whether you make any money or not.  When you complain, you get "your contract terminated".  They set hours for you and days contrary to the laws of IC status and if you don't work those hours, you are outta there.  Also they do not have the guts to call you up and "fire you" they do it via email and you don't know until you try to log in.  Also they pay 3.5 cents for text templates and 7.5 cents for the absolute worst dictators you can imagine.  Then they try to make you feel you are "lucky" for the opportunity. 

If you value your sanity, run away from their ads but if you like taking a lot of hassle, not making money then INTERPRO SERVICES is your place to work. 

2 sides to every story, your side, their side, and the truth - lies somewhere in the middle. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
"
O

This wouldn't be the first company to take advantag of an MT - as an IC, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and then the story is usually rewritten to fit the circumstances. I believe everything in the post and have no reason to believe it is not true at all. Thanks to the OP for the warning.

And not the first time a MT with inferior skill set complained - about MTSO who wouldnt put up with them. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I wonder what they would have to say about your services. - Just curious. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

INTERPROSERVICES - PL

[ In Reply To ..]
You people slay me. all throughout this website are complaints "RANTS", etc about every company in existence and someone tries to warn you miserable people about a company to keep away from and these are the responses. For your information, I have been transcribing for 30 years in all specialties and every ESL dialect known to man and when I say dictators are horrible...then they are most definitely horrible. I dont give a rats A*S what you people think about my work, etc go ahead and work for 7.5 cents and 3.5 for pulled in text and make 40 dollars in an 8 hour shift and most weeks at least 2 days without work and let me comment on your "work ethics", etc. From now on lets just have NO complaints about anyone...lets not share our experiences and then when INDIA, PAKISTAN, ets have your job then go tell it to the wind.

Hey, I appreciate the warning - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
The warning that you shouldnt expect MTSO to call and - complain about a dr? Really? sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I doubt any of us would be upset when that didnt happen. We would have been thrilled if it did but I think most of us are realists and realize the MTSO is not going to call facility to complain about a doctor. Really, it is laughable to think one thought that might really happen and when it didnt, to get so upset.

Just because you couldnt make it work, doesnt mean - another wouldnt find it a good fit. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Interpro - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
This sounds like an angry, vindictive rant. If Interpro did all of these things to you (and they well might have, I do not know them), why are you not telling it to a lawyer or the Labor Board?

Interpro Rant - Sounds justified to me.

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you kidding me? The person is warning people about how she was treated with a company and she gets 3 nasty posts immediately afterwards?

If these are not from Interpro mgmt, then I am getting sick of this board and won't be back until the trolls like the above 3 posters are gone. This is a board where we can share info like this and if people get trashed for sharing their experiences, no one will feel safe posting anything informative.

And my last 2 posts were positive posts re. the company I work for, so I don't just appreciate the MTs who post negative experiences, but I will speak out re. their ability to do so without getting cynical, nasty responses.

Two sides to every story? Really? I think we all graduated from elementary school and know how to "reason." Do you feel the need to post that response to every MT that has a negative experience with a company?

Rant? You bet she's ranting. She made a complaint and was fired via an email. Wouldn't you rant? That's the kind of unprofessional actions I would like to know about.

I sure hope these posters were suits; otherwise, this board has gone to the dark side.

slamdunk - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
SlamDunk! nothing wrong with a little slam dunking once in a while.

So do you think an MTSO will fire a good MT? There is - something else to the story we are not getting. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Absolutely she could have been fired for - complaining about the work.
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I do believe she could have been fired for complaining about the lack of work or type of work or other issues that would lead to her not earning a decent paycheck. MTSOs don't want to hear about MTs complaining about this stuff when there are a ton of newby MTs or desperate ones they can hire, at least temporarily, to fill their needs. Why would they hang on to an MT who is complaining about work issues if they don't need to?

The crappy part is the way they terminated her contract, not even telling her but locking her out and then replying only with an email. Not professional at all in my opinion. And no, we do not know the entire story but what we know to be true, to a reasonable degree, is the way she was terminated and I personally feel her "complaining" could have been an issue here.
Yes she could have been fired for complaining - about lack of work....
[ In Reply To ..]
And the management would have made it seem as though they were justified and it was okay to lock her out and let her know via email. In situations like this, it is never the fault of management....and then to come here and warn the rest of us.....and get told it was absolutely all her fault...... makes me wonder what those negative posters would do if it would have happened to them. Or are they the "perfect MTs" with no problems that the rest of us should be?
Agree that good MT could be fired that way. - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
After undergoing similar experience here, I do believe that if you complain too much about no work, you will be eliminated, no matter how good you are at your job. I have seen this happen to others.
I think an MTSO will do whatever it needs to if thinking - someone may be on board, sm
[ In Reply To ..]
rocking the boat. The OP wouldn't be the first to get canned for the purpose of weeding out what may be considered a trouble maker on the part of the MTSO.
And can you blame MTSO for doing that? I cant. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

Nice post, could not agree with you more!!! NM, none needed! - Dee

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

INTERPRO SERVICES - pl

[ In Reply To ..]
ANON...thanks for your support, I feel the same about this website, I thought we were all in the same boat. But I guess I am the only one that EVER had a complaint about a transcription company. YEAH RIGHT!!! Thanks for your support.

Sounds justified, do you still think it reasonable when - you learn she expected MTSO to

[ In Reply To ..]
complain about an ESL?
To answer your question... - It depends.
[ In Reply To ..]
I can say that 50% of the time when I read the types of posts as the original poster's complaint about Interpro, I imagine there is more going on than what is discussed. This poster may very well have complained about an ESL doctor but as an IC she has that right. I have complained about an ESL doctor that I make no money off of and told my supervisor I wanted to give up the acct. It wasn't because he was ESL, but because I couldn't earn any money from the way he dictated. My company did not get rid of me, in fact, I still work for them and will sing their praises to anyone who asks.

I also understand "problem attitudes" and the fact that an IC complains about having to work a specific shift when we all know about TATs in this industry, does bug me. It's the MT who complains and threatens legal action that causes an MTSO to do away with IC status and then we all make less money. I understand each case is different but I also think, regardless, this forum is for MTs and only MTs. Read the banner above..."A community of U.S. Medical Trascriptionists." When people (esp. MTSO "suits") get on this site and make condescending, self-righteous posts, it drives me crazy. When MTs make these kinds of posts, it makes me wonder what causes such animosity in them? Most MTs I know are of above-average intelligence and we don't need the obvious pointed out. What we do need is specific information and experiences shared with other MTs. Does this mean we have to sift through some sour-grape posters, yep, but that is better than the alternative.

This is a site for an MT, not a suit. I can't understand why this original post would annoy anyone but a suit... my opinion, but you asked.
No suit here, just sweats. Seems some do need - obvious pointed out. Like SM
[ In Reply To ..]
dont immediately jump on the pity wagon until you hear the TOTAL story. There are always 2 sides of a story and to think MTs are always blameless and the MTSO is the ogre is what drives me crazy. And no I am not a suit, just ones who wants both sides of the sad tale before I just on that wagon.
I wasn't jumping on the pity wagon - Just calling out the negative posters.
[ In Reply To ..]
I wasn't singing the praises of the original poster (who yes, turns out to be someone with a lot of hostility which ironically was the basis of my original post to her defense). I am so tired of people bashing other people on this site. That's not the purpose of this site and what gives you the right to judge people anyway? I don't read this site for the latest gossip but for information that may be helpful to me in my career. I am perfectly happy with my position currently (same employer for many years and in fact just quit my part-time job) but it's important to stay up on the latest goings on in the industry. Sifting through all the crap like this post, makes that difficult. Why can't all the negative posters just "think to themselves." So you are keenly able to discern the rant from the righteous. Let's give you all brownie points. If it's that important for you to determine whose post is acceptable and whose is not, maybe you should become a moderator. But then, people like me won't ever come onto this site. And that's my last post on this matter. I've already taken up too much of my time and yours. :D
You did jump on the wagon in your first post. - Just sayin. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
That's logical, levelheaded and fair, IMHO. - jammie person myselt.
[ In Reply To ..]
++

Worst dictators-there's a contest - Tin ear

[ In Reply To ..]
We are a misery industry for sure and I think the dictators know how low paid we are, so we have lost their consideration. I tell people we are the leading edge of cutting health care. Go to an MTSO web site and you will see how they coax new clients with tremendous offers of savings. We're it.

I so agree, I keep wanting to know what this game is - these dictators are playing, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
with my money and not speaking clearly. Are they just trying to see if I can guess at what they are saying and get it right. I would say about 75% of the people I have to type on a daily basis are the worst I have ever heard. God forbid they should consider there is a person on the other end trying to make a living off of the garbage they are putting out, not to mention the expectation to make them not look like idiots. It gets harder and harder for me every day not to just type that stupid crap they said verbatim. Verbatim, yeah, right, that would be one ignorant looking report if they didn't have me come in there to clean it up.

INTERPRO - PL

[ In Reply To ..]
One dictator was so bad at a psych hospital she without hesitation said "suicidal idikations"!!! and tried to spell every medical term such as p s y c h o t h e r a p y and p s y c h o p h a r m a c o l o g y and the reason I was fired was for complaining. Now if someone spoke on all your dictations like that would you make money? Also most of the meds she spelled wrong she did not even pronounce because she was too stupid so you try to figure out this drug - Z O A R Q U E L.

How dare I complain that the management might make a phone call and make our job easier...THE CUSTOMER IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT always right.
But no MTSO would have made that call for fear of losing - acct. And nobody MTSO would have SM
[ In Reply To ..]
talked to, had she been hopefully optimistic enough to call, would have ever mentioned this to the doctor. In the perfect world maybe, in ours, no.
The MTSO that I work for calls and asks them - to dictate more clearly. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Guess I'm just lucky.

IC at InterPro - 10 year MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Your experience isn't my experience. I work the hours I told them I wanted to work. I don't get hassled. I rarely run out of work. Some dictators are bad but most are good. Better than what I've found out there. My rates depend on the accounts I work on. I am happy with my rates and I am able to make good money. I have never had a problem with management. I do my job and they leave me alone. Just the way I want it.

How many other MTs would have complained about - dictators and expect MTSO to SM

[ In Reply To ..]
make a call demanding the doctor dictate better? None that I know of. Of course, they fired you if this is the attitude and expectation, and I am sure, indignation, you displayed over a bad dictator. We have all been there, done that. Time for YOU to grow up.

interpro - pl

[ In Reply To ..]
Grow up! I am 58 years old and I did NOT^ ask them to make the dictators speak more clearly, I asked her to do their job and TRAIN them you IDIOT! One hospital never gives you demographics, piggy back dictations (what you can understand), it is a matter of time before a mistake gets made and WHOM do you think is going to get the blame? A CEO or a 7.5 cent per line MT. It is an employers market. IF you train these ESL's in the beginning everyone does a better job, everyone wins. Grow up!!! you miserable cow...these are MEDICOLEGAL documents and EVERYTHING that is in the report WIll stand up in a court of law. So let's hypothesize (see I am grown up). An ESL dictates the the blood pressure is zzz/160, we could not understand or we are stupid as they think we are. The patient is released and goes out and has a stroke. I WANT TO BE HIS LAWYER. At least sign your name when you post a reply that would be grown up.

patty

Hypothesize all you want. Facilities wont tell dr they are - bad dictators and need to learn to SM

[ In Reply To ..]
do better. It will not happen. I can just imagine how you approached this with the MTSO after seeing the way you post a gripe on a message board.

Lets hypothesize about what will happen. The MTSO will - call facility to complain about a SM

[ In Reply To ..]
doctor, thereby risking losing the acct, or the MTSO will fire the MTSO who is irate that they will not do that. I hypothesize that the MTSO is going to get the boot. Oh, gee. I was right.

pl - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
I can feel your frustration. No matter what, there are ALWAYS going to be people here who just want to start an argument and try to make others feel bad. Misery likes company...right?

I especially like (not really) the post above from the person who assumes that you must have handled your complaint to the MTSO in an unprofessional manner and with the same type of anger you are expressing here in response to some of these uncalled-for posts. Give me a break. You tried to help people by warning them, some people tried to turn the situation around and say YOU must have done something wrong (even though they have no proof of that), and just because you are defending yourself, then it's no wonder what happened to you because you must have acted that way with the MTSO. Oh paaleez, some people are just too self righteous and oh so holier than thou.

Wow - reality chick

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe your attitude and language got you fired.
Wow is right! - abusive
[ In Reply To ..]
Too bad she could not express herself without resorting to name-calling.

Per your post, can just image your reaction when you got - that dr for the umpteenth time. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
:(

an employment strategy - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't comment on your experience, but
your name-calling is far too over the top for me to give you a free ride here. You are calling people idiots and miserable cows; you are using vulgar and inflammatory language.

Here is a tip on staying employed: NEVER "ask" your employer to "do their job". That is a poor employment strategy.
there you go! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

Bad dictators - Cathy

[ In Reply To ..]
We used to have a doctor (about 4 years ago) who was verbally abusive on one of my accounts. My manager called the facility and complained about him and said that he needed to stop the abuse or we wouldn't do his dictations any longer. The abuse stopped.

The MTSOs do have the power to stop bad dictators. It just seems that they don't care too much to do so lately and are just worried about their bottom line more than anything else. It used to be that they cared about their MTs and would address things like this, but no so much anymore.

to PL - chiming in

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not going to beat you down for what you have said about your experience with Interpro Services, but I do have something to add.

I understand how frustrating it can be to get a dictator that the one you describe. Mine was a Russian woman doctor living in NY (I am a southerner, so lots of barriers to understanding her). But it was not just her accent. It was a lot of things like you described (spelling words incorrectly as an example). I needed the job and I only got her on the weekends, so I stuck with it. I worked that account for over 6 years. In short order, I finally give her dictation strict verbatum, no exceptions. What came out of the woman's mouth went in the report. About 3 years into it, I noticed a change in her dictation. She was making an honest effort to speak clearly and coherently. I wondered what happened and learned the other doctors in her practice (she was a junior partner) were making her take ESL classes to improve her dictation. Seems their insurance company made it a requirment for her to stay insured or get dropped.

It was not my place to say something to the MTSO or to the physician. I did the best I could with garbage in/garbage out. It was legal ramifications only that changed her dictation style. I have to agree with the ones who say maybe you did not handle it properly by complaining about it. If, perhaps, you asked for samples to help (maybe you did, maybe you didn't, I have no way to know), and still couldn't transcribe her dictation, then you may have needed to have an honest - and calm - discussion with the appropriate person to seek alternatives. But I suggest they include changing accounts or admitting you could not continue working the account and not include complaining of her to them.

You used the statement that "when you complain, you get "your contract terminated." I think that is why everyone was being hard on you. The way you presented it to the readers here did set up some judging that you did not handle the situation in your or the MTSO's best interest. And it all boils down to: It's all about me (meaning the MTSO in this instance).

As to working specific days and hours, that is within the scope of definition of IC. You don't know the content of their contract with the client to know what the client demands, therefore they can expect an IC to work specific days and times.

Firing you by email is tacky and unprofessional and never justified IMHO.

If their pay is as you stated for an IC, that is low and other MTs should be aware of that practice to influence their decision of whether or not to work for them.

To say they are ruthless, well, you may want to tread cautiously with such a bold way to describe them as I noticed you put your name and the particular players' names in your posts. Comments such as that can be fodder for lawsuits.

I think it really boils down to that old saying: It was not a good fit for you.

But I think your audience would take you more seriously if your presentation was more professional.

Great, level-headed, calm post. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

You said it better than I did. - great post! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Dealing with poor dictators/dictation - Beentheredonethat

[ In Reply To ..]
When presented with dictation that is the dictator's natural dialect and sentence structure there's no point in complaining or trying to change it..just complete the job the best we can. However, when they choose a bad location from which to dictate with background noise, talking, etc., that report is sent to QA/management and LET THEM deal with the audio compromise. The company I work for has several times politely and professional confronted the dictators to let them know about the quality. Also agree with the poster in that typing verbatim also gets the message across quite well.

Pl---Thanks for the warning... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If a company is reluctant to inform a dictator of problems with his dictation, so be it. But there are still ways to help the struggling MT---such as providing adequate samples of his work. Hard to understand all the attacks for relating your experience. Thanks anyway, Pl, for the heads-up.

PL, nice to know things in MT-land have not changed in my 40 - years - Drs. will be Drs SM

[ In Reply To ..]
There's no reasoning with the docs - they never listen, or pretend to and proceed to do whatever. They are doctors = they learn no new tricks, not from us or the MTSO. Comes with the territory called occupational hazard.

Similar Messages:

Interpro AZ
Jun 18, 2011

Any info on this company would be appreciated.  I have heard good and bad in old posts...Thanks in advance... ...

Any Experience With Interpro
Mar 05, 2012

They are looking for help. Wondering what they pay, work volume, etc. I don't trust the recruiters for the services.   ...

InterPRO Medical Solutions
May 20, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company? ...

Interpro Transcription Solutions?
Apr 23, 2012

Hello everyone.  I am getting close to the hiring point with this company.  They appear to be a larger MTSO, and I was looking for something more mid-sized so to speak.  Does anyone have experience with them, good or bad or in between? Thanks! : )  All I really care about is having enough work everyday, and having no speech wreck (or very little anyway).  I am trying to find out if they are also next in line to be usurped by Nuance or not, as far as anyone has heard. Gos ...

Looking For CURRENT Info In Interpro Transcription In AZ
May 25, 2011

I have done an archive search and can find lots of old stuff on Interpro Medical but I am looking at Interpro Transcription in AZ. Anyone out there know anything about this company? ...

InterPro Transcription - Need Info Fast! /sm
May 15, 2012

Any info on InterPro Transcription based in Arizona  - good or bad? Anyone ever worked for them or even heard of them?  Need to make decision soon.  Had never heard of them.  First pay period is paper check which for some  reason makes me nervous! Nothing in archives...  TIA ...

Ad On Google "Interpro" Transcription
Jan 21, 2011

Interesting ad on Google:  http://www.interproweb.com/index.htm   ...

MTS Services
Feb 25, 2014

does anyone have any information on this company? i could not find anything. ...

1-2-1 Services In Colorado?
Nov 04, 2009

Hi, Does anyone work for them?  Positive or negative thoughts?  thanks ...

LS Services And IMedX One And The Same!
Jan 20, 2010

it would appear that LS Services out of south point, ohio is the same company that was formerly named ImedX.....  same address, etc.....  Anyone know anything else about this? ...

Documentation Services.. Sm
Jan 21, 2010

Can anybody give me info on Documentation Services?   the good the bad and the other stuff?  Thanks!     ...

RC Transcription Services
Mar 10, 2010

Has anyone heard of this company?  I tried to do a search but was unable to find any posts about the company.  All comments are welcome. ...

Services Way Of Eliminating.
Sep 05, 2010

Stating someone left out the word 'no.'  They know you cannot prove it.  Did this same on 3 MTs.  Coincidence?  ...

Q.E.D. Transcription Services
Sep 11, 2010

I am considering applying with Q.E.D. Transcription.  They seem to be a stable company to work for from what I've read.  Does anyone have any experience with them or input?  Any info appreciated!  Thanks. ...

JLG Transcription Services
Sep 24, 2010

Anybody ever worked for JLG Medical Transcription Company?      ...

SHur Can Services
Sep 12, 2013

Does anyone know about this company? I have never heard of them before and would like to apply, but need more information. I am leary to sign on with a company I know nothing about. Here is part of the ad. "PLEASE READ ENTIRE POSTING BEFORE APPLYING Medical Transcription - straight typing rnrnMUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING TO APPLY: Express scribe that plays DSS FILES. Microsoft word. Knowledge of Dropbox. Knowledge of Yahoo messenger. Foot pedal. High speed internet. ESL experience. We are expandi ...

One Transcription Services
Feb 23, 2014

Has anyone worked for or currently works for One Transcription Services out of Omaha?  They seem like very nice people to work for, and they seem to have quite a bit of work.  I cannot find anything in the archives about them.  If anyone can provide any feedback on OTS, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!     ...

One-on-One Information Services
Feb 26, 2014

Their ad is verbatim an ad I applied to Smart Doc for (and am still waiting to start for a month now).  I'm wondering if they are doing the same accounts since the specifications are not necessarily the usual job ads. Has anyone worked for them to know what their story is? ...

One-on-One Information Services (sm)
Mar 05, 2014

New ad today for Onc "proofreader".  Please see thread on this company from 2/26/2014:  forum.mtstars.com/529160.html before sending your personal info. This was a long ad that that was mostly copied from another MTSO's ad. ...

One-on-One Information Services, Inc.
Mar 13, 2014

Did anyone apply and hear back from this company regarding their last ad? ...

Are There Any Services That Have A 24-hour
Mar 22, 2015

window for working IC? Do you just have to do a certain line count for the day? Thanks. ...

Millennium Business Services
Oct 23, 2009

Just wandering if anyone out there has worked or works for Millennium Business Services? ...

Allegiant Transcription Services?
Dec 01, 2009

I just sent my resume to them.  I can't find any recent info on them.  Do they pay on time, steady accounts, etc.?  Any info appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Allegiant Transcription Services
Jan 02, 2010

Any info on IC position with this company would be appreciated, good, bad, or indifferent please. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of WBG Transcription Services?
Jan 16, 2010

Any information you could give me would be appreciated.  Thank you. ...

Small Services That Use Bayscribe...(sm)
Jan 19, 2010

Could anyone tell me very small, small, medium-sized services that use Bayscribe?  This is a difficult thing to find and I've only located about 3.  Thanks!!! ...

Scan Medical Services? Nm
Feb 20, 2010

Anyone heard of them?  ...

Iridium Services Testing
Feb 24, 2010

Anyone test for this company and find their multiple choice test to be pretty cheesy?  Something seems odd about it.  I listened to a couple of the dictations..pretty poor quality.  I wonder if all of their work is like that. ...

STP Medical Data Services, Inc.
Mar 23, 2010

Anyone know anything about STP Medical Data Services? ...

Professional Transcription Services
Mar 31, 2010

Any info on this company?  TIA! ...