A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I'm rich!! SoftScript paycheck is $150!! - another SS MT

Posted: Apr 05, 2012

Yep, that's right and I'm full-time!  I knew I should have listened to you all but I took the job anyway, hoping that it might be different for me.  You all were right!  I've emailed the manager more than once and each time she says she'll be adding more accounts but obviously that's not going to happen.  I've been with them about 2 months now and certainly can't make a living on this!  What to do, what to do..... 

Why on God's green earth are you still with - them? (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]

Can't be! - LB

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been here the past 7+ years, and if you only made $150, evidently you did not email telling them you are out of work. My accounts have more work than we can handle, and they ask everyone to get their 40 hours in a week, and if you are part-time to work as much as you can. OR...you are not as fast as you can be, to make such a little paycheck. I type 8 hours a day, getting anywhere from 1300-1800 lines a day. What's wrong with this picture??

Mmm, 1300-1800 lines per day? - how much do they pay?

[ In Reply To ..]
and is it straight typing for voice?

1300-1800 - lb

[ In Reply To ..]
straight. i've been at this profession over 20 years, and without shortcuts can type over 120 wpm.

1300-1800 pay - lb

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what they're paying for newbies or who has experience. I know what I make, and nobody can match it anywhere to start out. I left here once but came back 8 months later just due to the fact I made more here than anywhere.
I've been at it for 17 years - myself
[ In Reply To ..]
This Monday with word expanders, I did 2800 lines in an 8-hour day. Now add that to 12 cents per line on a local account. Wowzers right?????
2800 lines - you're kickin butt girl! - lb
[ In Reply To ..]
SWEET!!! kickin ass, girl! Every day I add more words. I've been over 2000 before, rarely, but NEVER 2800. YOU GO GIRL!!!
The only thing on fire are your pants. - dish
[ In Reply To ..]
No way! Even if you got fully completed reports by some ubermagic force, you would still have to download, check demos, put up with bad sound files and dictators, and then upload. Almost as incredible as your 12-cent a line claim! You make me feel bad.
I love this! - frustratedMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I love this reply because I was thinking the same thing. 12 cents a line, yeah right. I've been an MT for 30 years and have never made that with any company. Plus that line count is not physically possible. Wonder if their nose is growing too!!!
whatever - why would i lie?
[ In Reply To ..]
my checks are roughly $2500 every two weeks and i built a $320,000 house. i have about 10 hospital clinics, a government contract, AND a heart hospital umpteen paid templates from top to bottom, and a very good local market. the MTSO and I are good friends and she is charging 15 and paying me 12. sorry you don't believe it but it's the truth. not EVERY company you hear about on this mtstars is a POS - just the big national greedy ones. small to mid-size town local contracting = big bucks.
OP- Didn't you know - me
[ In Reply To ..]
You aren't allowed to be successful and post here. It's against the rules (wink).

I love that just because someone else is not able to get themselves a good deal, that the good deals don't exist.

Kudos to you for being a POSITIVE AND SUCCESSFUL MT!!
Thank you! I agree. Lots of bitter people - swarming around here.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
May I ask which expander program you use? - Terrible with expanders
[ In Reply To ..]
Congrats on the 2800 lines per day! Might I ask which expander program you use and how long you'd been using it until you perfected it? I have tried InstanText and Shorthand, and I just can't seem to figure out how to use them to my advantage. Thanks!
All I use is autocorrect in Word - speedy gonazalez
[ In Reply To ..]
I have over 6000 entries. I autocorrect or shorthand 75% of my document. I've had my autocorrect database for 16 years and I never stop adding to it.
Speedy Gonzalez - May I email you?
[ In Reply To ..]
I'd like to ask you a few questions about how you use your autocorrect, etc (I'm the dim bulb that can't figure out Shorthand or InstanText, lol!).

Thanks!
sure go ahead i'll help ya out if i can - speedy gonzalez
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Give me some tips on how to remember my - expanders please! and I am
[ In Reply To ..]
not being sarcastic either. Thanks!
you just do - no recipe
[ In Reply To ..]
you just hear "patient" and you type pt. you just hear "business card" and you type bc. you hear "yesterday" and you type yy. then a little more advanced you just hear "chronic obstructive pulmonary disease" and you type 8copd. you just hear it and your fingers write it in shorthand. i don't know how to explain it anymore than that. maybe it just comes natural to me but i have used autocorrect since my very first job in 1994 so it's been a LONG time and just natural. not sure if i helped or not but that's all i got....
that helps, thank you. Like you said - "every sound a - letter makes has a symbol".
[ In Reply To ..]
That clicked.
Speedy Gonzalez - I emailed you - Looking forward to your reply
[ In Reply To ..]
Hopefully it went thru as so many emails on this site seem to drop into a black hole, lol! If you didn't get it, let me know...Thanks!!!

Speed type? - frustratedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you using Speed Type along with your program? I find that many lines a day on the transcription platform they have now almost impossible. Unless you have a lot of accounts where there is a lot of repetition and can be macro'ed to death.

6000 entries in text expander - Beentheredonethat

[ In Reply To ..]
My question is how do you possibly remember them all?
exactly - not a matter of how many you have but how many you USE. - I would clean that closet.
[ In Reply To ..]
why? - closetmonster
[ In Reply To ..]
who are all my autocorrect entries bothering? they are stored on some tiny spot inside my hard drive. it's not like i trip over them. wow.
I make expanders all the time, and forget they're there, - so yes, how do you remember 6000 of them?
[ In Reply To ..]
hmm pretty sure i never said i remembered - all 6000 of them.
[ In Reply To ..]
they've just accumulated over a 16-year career. a good portion of them are pure laziness like turning copd into COPD. or turning ca199 into CA 19-9. okay?
Yes, I get that. I was the one asking for pointers on - how to remember and I was
[ In Reply To ..]
being serious. I honestly do make them all the time, and end up forgetting about them. I have a bunch that I use all the time dont get me wrong, but those are the ones I remember because I use them frequently.

for example I have tps - the patient states and tpd - the patient denies.

But what I am saying is that I need to be more fluent and efficient with using them and REMEMBERING THEM.

Thats why I asked how you could remember 6000. You just have one of those brains thats good with that type of thing, gifted I guess.
What I was getting at, is your technique for using - short hand and expanders but
[ In Reply To ..]
you answered it for me.
lol ok sorry if i came off p o'd but i feel - mk
[ In Reply To ..]
like i'm having to defend myself on here about my past experiences with making large amounts of money in this business and one person in particular insinuating that i was lying.

i honestly feel if you are going to work in this business, you have to be smart at it. you know what i'm saying. well, just keep practicing with remembering your abbreviations. i've been at it a long, long time. idk how long you have been at it, but i also took shorthand in high school over 20 years ago and i play piano - think about it - all those "symbols" either make words or play notes. a sheet full of symbols is a song. well a screen full of abbreviations that pop out into words is a medical transcript. it's magical.
it's a language in my head. - shorthand
[ In Reply To ..]
i hear the word, my hands type the shortcut. it's no different than shorthand they used to teach in HS back in the 1980s where every sound a letter made is a symbol. same difference.

If Employee Status and not enough work during scheduled hours, - have worked for a while, you can get unemployment.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

unemployment - lb

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never tried for unemployment, but even a newbie can get more than 600 lines if you can type fast with some shortcuts. Even starting out I made more than that. Like I said, you have to tell your manager that you are out of work, and they will give you another account. My 3 accounts are overflowing right now, so I know there is work out there. Take some of my accounts! I'm swamped!! There is no excuse for being out of work right now at SoftScript...trust me.

I get it - Lynda

[ In Reply To ..]
One of my recent paychecks from my IC editing job was about 130. that was for a month btw. I also get the we are going to be recruiting new doctors speech. Good thing I have another job.

Unlike the person who just wants to talk about her speed, I understand sm - Hated SS

[ In Reply To ..]
your frustration. It doesn't matter if you can type 500 lph, if the work is not there, you do not get paid. I had the carrot dangled in front of me for months, "we have an account coming on soon that is just right for you," but of course nothing changed. I would send emails saying I was out of work and was just told to check back every 1/2 hour or hour. I'm not sure what Candyland/fairy tale version of SoftScript this other person works for, but when I worked there, I constantly ran out of work except on Fridays and Saturdays.

Sorry you're going through this. There are much better places out there than that place.

Good luck!

Same here - frustratedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Every time I email them because I'm out of work I'm also just told to keep checking back. To say they always put you on another account is bull!!

workload - medtype

[ In Reply To ..]
I am part-time, but also have about 7 accounts going. I am finally not running out of work as I was months ago, but still, it is a bit ridiculous.
For real? - Darkhorse
[ In Reply To ..]
I was with them for a couple of months and did not make more than 200.00 in 2 weeks.. frequently went days without work or 2-3 reports. Mondays sometimes busy, but a ghost town the rest of the week. Plus if you don't get to type a lot, you are unfamiliar with where the normals and techniques are and have to spend untold time scrolling up and down the list trying to figure out which one to use...a total waste of time.

have you specifically ASKED them to give you another account? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
or just said you are out of work? Just curious...sometimes you have to be specific.

Can you change shifts? - LovingSS

[ In Reply To ..]
I rarely run out of work on 2nd shift. And there is always extra on Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon. Maybe you can change shifts or get on a new account. If your manager can't help then e-mail someone that can. That's ridiculous. I too am averaging 1200-1500 lines per day. I like it at SS.

Similar Messages:

Did Anyone Get Their Paycheck Yet At SoftScript?
Oct 20, 2009

Just wondering if anyone has received their paycheck yet for the pay period ending 10/15/09 for SoftScript?  I am waiting to receive mine by mail, and so far it's not showing up in Paychex.  Thanks for any info : ) ...

This Is Just Too Rich!
Mar 03, 2010

Laughing my butt off!  How long do you think this will last?  Yeah, they will be begging people to cover shifts and work overtime and I will be saying, no dice, not my shift.  Good luck to ya! ...

If Only I Was Paid By The Correction. I Would Be Rich!
Mar 14, 2015

And for every correction I make, IT should be docked for their shameful performance. ...

MQ Suits Are Too Rich. They Have Multiple Houses
Oct 30, 2011

I am scoping out a big box for my next move to under the overpass down the street. ...

If I Was As Rich As A MQ Suit, I Would Only Drink Fiji
Nov 03, 2011

s ...

My Expenses Go Up And The Mega-rich Companies Go Down With Sweat-shop Labor
Sep 26, 2012

I had a thought with the recent decision to not take a non-medical transcription job. I told the owner of the transcription company that I needed to be paid 8 cpl for this job and she was only paying 6-1/2 cpl. I told her that my expenses for everything are rising, food, shelter, gas etc. and she told me that the account that I would be doing this work for demands low cost for their transcription because of the work being sent to India, Pakistan, and the Philippines. This is a huge constructi ...

NO PAYCHECK
May 25, 2010

Logged on this morning and NO PAYCHECK deposited or pending.  My CCM is "looking into it".... yeah, okay.  I have NEVER had a problem like this anywhere I have worked... makes me very nervous with all that has been going on here the last few months and the garbage we are getting to type.  My motivation is now GONE this morning.  ...

Just Got Paycheck
Jun 11, 2012

Paycheck!
Jun 25, 2012

Hi All, Well, my hospital was outsourced to Nuance a couple of months back. Of course, I noticed right off what the pay was offered and knew it was going to be low, but since we weren't paid by the line, I had no idea how much lower it was going to turn out to be. In the last couple of months, I have been getting used to their time keeping program and other changes that they have implemented since they took over. I feel like for the last pay period or two I am finally up to what I would ...

No Paycheck Yet
Sep 11, 2012

Last day worked in May and still waiting for last paycheck.  Beware ...

Last Paycheck
Nov 30, 2012

My last day was during the last pay period. I didn't have a deposit for my last paycheck today. Does anyone know if this comes as a regular check by mail or should have been deposited. Thanks. ...

Paycheck
Jul 10, 2014

Just got my check today from LM for about $350 for 2 weeks.  Anyone else losing money?  I just want to cry.  Check is 1/4 what it was in January.  Getting about 2 hours of work a day.  What is happening? ...

Paycheck.
Dec 24, 2014

I just wanted to tell any of you who are staying cautiously optimistic despite the negativity on this board, I am very, very pleased with my first paycheck in this new pay plan. I am also not seeing the nitpicking in QA that has been described. The mistakes I am dinged for are just that, my mistakes. I take notice, then move on. If you are able to produce a decent line count and maintain good quality which is our job in the first place, things will be okay. There are advantages and disadvan ...

Even Though I Did Well With My Paycheck, I'm Still
Dec 24, 2014

The stress of it all and the fact that QA holds the pursestrings are not worth the few extra dollars. To think I can go from 12 CPL to 7 CPL for just dropping from 100% to 99% in any given week is just too much stress to have hanging over my head. Good luck, Nuance, keeping quality MTs. I hope you are happy with yourselves for having driven this field into the hell it has become. And Merry Christmas to you, too. ...

Just Saw My New QC Paycheck
Jun 11, 2015

It will be deposited tomorrow... comes out to a bit below 11 dollars an hour.  My new part-time pays me more than that.  Okay Nuance, you win, although I'm not sure what.  I'm gone.  This whole fiasco is a windfall for the other MTSOs who are cleaning up now getting all kinds of great employees as refugees from Nuance.  And as soon as the hospitals start seeing all the crap they get coming out of India, those other MTSOs will be getting those accounts, too.&nb ...

Deduction On Paycheck?
Oct 27, 2009

Did anyone else notice a $100 deduction on their paycheck this time?  What is this for?  The only thing I can figure, is its for the "free" Benchmark "gift".  I called another friend of mine and she had it on hers, also.  If anyone knows what this is all about, please let me know!! ...

My Paycheck This Time Was 58%
Nov 09, 2009

of what it used to be prior to becoming an MME.  Thanks to whoever dreamed up this MME nightmare...     If anyone knows of any QA openings, please please please email me.  ...

Last Paycheck Of 2009
Dec 24, 2009

Nothing like getting the last paycheck of the year the day before Christmas.  My annual income is LESS than half of last year.  Thanks, Kumar, for the coal in my stocking. ...

Keystrokes Paycheck
Mar 03, 2010

I'm new to Keystrokes and was supposed to receive my first check on Monday, 1st via direct deposit, but as of today nothing's there.  I've left a lot of messages about it but nobody's getting back to me.  Does this happen often here?  I really need my money but it seems like Keystrokes doesn't care.  ...

MQ Paycheck Details
Mar 27, 2010

New to direct deposit.  Is there anywhere to go online to check your paystub details? I cannot find anything on MQ Central about it. Thanx ...

Lousy Paycheck
Apr 24, 2010

this is  the second time my check was waaaay low than what I usually receive.  I don't know what is going on.  I know with each payperiod I decided to spend a considerable amount of time looking up old reports because they cut too much into my production.  I thought last payperiod I maybe did it 3 times.  I have decided to only use it once or none at all.when I double check to make sure none are going to QA it looks correct as it says zero submission rate. ...

Dit Transcription - Have You Got A Paycheck Yet?
Jul 21, 2010

Just asking if anyone out there is still working for this company and have you got a paycheck yet. I just quit so frustrated/ ...

My Lousy Paycheck
Jul 31, 2010

Just wanted to say that I just looked at my bank account as I got pad yesterday.  What a nightmare.  I will have a horrible weekend now because of that.  Last year I made $13,000 for the year with MT, down from $26,000 the year before, and down from $40,000 back in the good old days.  My income for this year will probably go before $13,000 for my taxes.  My check was $682 for 2 weeks and that was with having work most of the time.  And they have not taken out for me ...

Paycheck Messed Up
Sep 24, 2010

Got paid through direct deposit yesterday and was only paid for PTO and not the actual lines I typed.  My paycheck should have been for over 600 dollars but was only 113 dollars.  Did this happen to anyone else? ...

KEYSTROKES - Has Anyone Not Got Their Paycheck Due 01/15/11? Sm
Jan 18, 2011

know there was a holiday - but after midnight on 01/8/11 and still no paycheck.  Anyone else?  thanks! ...

Viewing Paycheck
May 17, 2011

Does anyone know where I view my paystub at? ...

Less Than WalMart Paycheck
Aug 26, 2011

Finally happened.  My husband's 32/hr/wk WalMart check was more than mine today.  How degrading is that? Big decision day today.  Do I walk and spend 40 hours a week looking for a better job, which wouldn't take much? I have tried everything to get my ASR production up. There is no way, at 40% less a line than full transcription rate, that I can even make a difference.  So, so depressed today.  Don't know what to do. ...

Landmark Paycheck?
Dec 22, 2011

May be an oversight on my part, but I don't think I got my paycheck for 11/16 through 11/30.  This is a secondary account for me, so sometimes (obviously) I'm not on top of things.  Thought it just might be late.  Anyone else missing a paycheck?  ...

First Paycheck At M*Modal
Mar 19, 2012

In your experience does the first paycheck appear direct deposited or is it paper check.  If paper check do you receive it on the promised paydate?  I know sometimes the first one has to be paper, but wondered what the norm is here.  Thanks in advance for your reply. ...

Final Paycheck - Does Anyone Know....sm
Jul 21, 2012

if your final paycheck is direct deposited or if they mail your check?  Thanks. ...